BajaNomad

NEW FLIGHTS - ENSENADA - LA BOCANA 646 152-1800 m - fri 9:30-2 pm

BajaBlanca - 5-1-2011 at 08:26 AM

I am very excited to tell you about new flights from Ensenada to Punta Abreojos. We shall provide a shuttle to our B & B here in La Bocana. Shuttle/Hotel Reservations at bajabocana@gmail.com or call 615 156-0056.

FLIGHT Contact person is: ANA MARIA AT
646 152-1800
She speaks English.

cost: $1895 pesos one way, with a 7 passenger minimum
weight allowance: 15 kilos pp/fishing equip OK

there are also flights to G Negro, Bahia Tortugas, Cedros and Bahia Asuncion but I don't have those details.

They offer a carrier service as well, so for those of you who live elsewhere in Baja, they can bring down anything you might need and I would be happy to hold it for you until you can pick it up.

I believe flight days are T and Th.

Very exciting day for us :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

[Edited on 5-1-2011 by BajaBlanca]

woody with a view - 5-1-2011 at 08:32 AM

is that direct? good price for sure.

yellowklr - 5-1-2011 at 09:31 AM

Good News Blanca!!
You gave the contact person but not the contact info........Company name, phone #,etc.......

shari - 5-1-2011 at 11:46 AM

yeah that sure is great news for our villages!!! now I can fly up to see that gorgeous grandson for cheaper than the bus!!! I understand they will be scheduled flights...blanca do you have vicentes number?

[Edited on 5-1-2011 by shari]

Sallysouth - 5-1-2011 at 12:14 PM

Lordy Shari!! That is one of the cutest babies I have ever seen!!! Bet ya miss him! The plane that flies out of Ensenada would be a single engine prop plane?Good news for you guys down there!

shari - 5-1-2011 at 12:19 PM

oh yeah, I miss him like crazy and they only left here last night to go back to Ensenada...it's such a cute age as he's about to walk soon...I'm looking forward to a plane ride soon.

redmesa - 5-1-2011 at 12:28 PM

How do we book it? Is there a phone number or web site? This is indeed amazing new! I hope this plan flies...hahaha

DENNIS - 5-1-2011 at 12:38 PM

Does this have anything to do with the new service?

http://www.bajainsider.com/baja-california-travel/baja-adven...

DENNIS - 5-1-2011 at 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
yeah that sure is great news for our villages!!! now I can fly up to see that gorgeous grandson for cheaper than the bus!!!

You mean it costs more than 165 dollars to take the bus up to here, each way?
I didn't realize it had become that expensive.

shari - 5-1-2011 at 01:00 PM

we were told by the plane reps that it would cost around 1,000 pesos to fly from Asuncion to Ensenada and the bus is very close to that...by the time you figure in our costs of getting to Vizcaino and food and drinks.

DIRECT FLIGHTS BAJA 646 152-1800 NEW #

BajaBlanca - 5-1-2011 at 02:13 PM

DIRECT FLIGHTS BETWEEN ENSENADA AND VARIOUS VILLAGES:

B ASUNCION CONTACT ana maria acosta 646 152-1800
PUNTA ABREOJOS
G NEGRO
TORUGAS
CEDROS
G NEGRO $1490 ONE WAY
ABREOJOS $1895 ONE WAY

MON THRU FRI 9:30-2:00

Lauriboats - 5-1-2011 at 02:15 PM

Thanks for the info Blanca.

mtgoat666 - 5-1-2011 at 02:18 PM

do they have licenses and insurances?

what kind of planes?

website?

BajaBlanca - 5-1-2011 at 02:34 PM

good question about the licenses, I assumed all was hunky dory but the truth is, I don't know. I will try to find out.

website is under construction.

tickets will be sold thru AGENCIA KINESSIA in Ensenada.
mon thru friday with ana maria acosta who arrives @ 9ish and leaves at 2:00.

646 152-1800

BajaBlanca - 5-1-2011 at 02:50 PM

hi Dennis - the 2 are NOT related, this new plane service is an effort on the part of the coops to further sportfishing etc in our area - they have gone full speed ahead with plans for flights and will be buying a total of 3 really nice boats this year ...one is bought, I just haven't gone over to photograph it, but I have heard it is gorgeous.

we will eventually have our own airport strip too .... but until then Abreojos at 10 miles away is very close !

DianaT - 5-1-2011 at 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
hi Dennis - the 2 are NOT related, this new plane service is an effort on the part of the coops to further sportfishing etc in our area - they have gone full speed ahead with plans for flights and will be buying a total of 3 really nice boats this year ...one is bought, I just haven't gone over to photograph it, but I have heard it is gorgeous.

we will eventually have our own airport strip too .... but until then Abreojos at 10 miles away is very close !

Hope is works well for you and the coop!

yellowklr - 5-1-2011 at 04:05 PM

Is this a private deal or through one of the small airlines?

yellowklr - 5-1-2011 at 04:10 PM

any Idea on if they have a place to keep your car when you are gone?

Bajahowodd - 5-1-2011 at 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by yellowklr
any Idea on if they have a place to keep your car when you are gone?

I think they made a deal with the Joker Hotel accross the street!:lol:

BajaBlanca - 5-2-2011 at 10:22 AM

Derek - that is such a great question ... I will make the suggestion that they provide an area for parking ....

BajaBlanca - 5-2-2011 at 10:26 AM

It is through a new and private, small airline company being formed to take care of the coops who are exporting all over the world and need to be able to transport tuna etc. by plane. It used to exist a long time ago and is being re-invented.

and as far as I understand, our coop is pushing tourism in a big way - and I had always said that air service wd be a tremendous boost - it make a long weekend much more viable than spening 24 hours going and returning to States by car....

yellowklr - 5-2-2011 at 08:09 PM

Quote:
Derek - that is such a great question ... I will make the suggestion that they provide an area for parking ....

Yeah or even better some kind of shuttle service from San Diego.

BajaBlanca - 5-3-2011 at 07:02 AM

for s shuttle service from san diego, I have a sister who would love some extra cash and would be willing to drive if someone has a vehicle.

mtgoat666 - 5-3-2011 at 08:25 AM

still waiting to hear: what kind of planes is this service flying? how many passengers?

capt. mike - 5-3-2011 at 11:36 AM

she posted their phone number why not just call them?

Vince - 5-3-2011 at 12:20 PM

When we landed @ Ensenada yesterday returning from Mulege, we saw a Cessna Caravan full of passengers headed for Cedros Island. They were boarding much like any commercial airliner. This may have been the new airline. I didn't notice a name on the aircraft.

Vince - 5-3-2011 at 12:23 PM

The Cessna Caravan is used worldwide as a passenger and cargo hauler, the number of passengers varies, but 10 or 12 would be reasonable. It is a well proven turboprop, single engine airplane and has a good reputation as a workhorse.

capt. mike - 5-3-2011 at 01:31 PM

actually in utility seating catagory it seats 17.

TeamDonde - 10-29-2012 at 02:11 PM

Very interesing option for getting down for some fishing. Has anyone flown this and or know if they are still currently operating?

Quote:
DIRECT FLIGHTS BETWEEN ENSENADA AND VARIOUS VILLAGES:

B ASUNCION CONTACT ana maria acosta 646 152-1800
PUNTA ABREOJOS
G NEGRO
TORUGAS
CEDROS
G NEGRO $1490 ONE WAY
ABREOJOS $1895 ONE WAY

MON THRU FRI 9:30-2:00

BajaBlanca - 10-29-2012 at 03:58 PM

hello all, it has been a while since the folks were down our way and I never did hear of a plane coming all the way here.

but maybe they are and I simply don't know about it ? or maybe they decided to only do charters. Ana Maria is the person to contact since I have no connections with the airline or the pilots.

[Edited on 10-30-2012 by BajaBlanca]

LancairDriver - 10-29-2012 at 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
still waiting to hear: what kind of planes is this service flying? how many passengers?

I would bet that it is a Cessna Caravan, a single engine ,high wing, fixed gear turboprop. A real proven workhorse. Probably configured for 10 passengers. Not the fastest airplane around but it beats driving.

thebajarunner - 10-29-2012 at 04:37 PM

The Caravan was actually built and developed for third world missionaries.
A friend of mine from Knoxville- a very wealthy man- bought the first one made and it is still working in the Congo.
I rode one out to an extremely remote area of the highlands of Irian Jaya- the headhunter country.
Loaded with roofing materials, siding, a cast iron stove, and a lot of bags of rice and beans and staples.
Amazing machine...

rts551 - 10-29-2012 at 04:53 PM

Quote:
hello all, it has been a while since the folks were down our way and I never did hear of a plane coming all the way here.

but maybe they are and I simple don't know about it ? or maybe they decided to only do charters. Ana Maria is the person to contact since I have no connections with the airline or the pilots.

Not for Abreojos.

Pacifico - 10-30-2012 at 04:09 PM

I flew to Cedros on a Cessna Caravan earlier this October. I think this was the company:

http://www.aereoserviciosguerrero.com.mx/destinos.shtml

TeamDonde - 11-1-2012 at 11:40 AM

Thanks for the info. Always a great wealth of knowledge here.