BajaNomad

Intensive Summer Spanish Institute - Aug 2013

ecomujeres - 5-19-2011 at 08:22 PM

I wanted to let you all know that ISSI 2013 will be happening again this year at Lake Tahoe Community College. It's a great week-long experience for people of all learning levels, from no Spanish whatsoever to high level skills.

On-line registration begins Friday May 31 for returning students (attended last year) and June 3 for new students. If you want to attend, don't delay in registering ASAP.

Classes fill up fast (possibly within just days). Itīs very affordable and you have a variety of lodging to choose from: hotels, rentals, camping.

Dates of ISSI this year: Aug 12-16.

Web page: http://www.ltcc.edu/web/academics/issi

If you are interested, you should read up on the various Spanish class levels available and determine where you think you would fit. That way, you'll be ready to register. You need to fill out a college application before you can register for a specific course. I think you can do that before actual class registration begins, but I canīt remember exactly if you can.

You can register at a lower or higher class level than you think you are at, if needed, because as room permits, they allow you to change to a more appropriate level on the first day of instruction.

It's a great program. I attended as a student for two years. Then four years ago, I started teaching "breakout sessions" on both sea turtles and gray whales. For the last three years, Iīve added a week long lecture series on Conservation and Natural History of Baja California (see my website below for more info). Iīll be back again this year with all of the above plus an additional breakout session on Baja tourism.

Hope to see you there!

[Edited on 5-20-2011 by ecomujeres - initial posting, redone for 2013]

[Edited on 4-18-2013 by ecomujeres]

ecomujeres - 5-22-2011 at 08:35 PM

Wanted to bump this back to the top to let people know registration begins Monday 23rd-that's tomorrow! During business hours. Suerte...

BajaBlanca - 5-24-2011 at 05:37 PM

bump, cause even tho today is Tuesday - maybe some of you want to join.