BajaNomad

For Ken Bondy

Oso - 6-7-2011 at 04:05 PM

This cameraman has had better days.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81564931/

Ken Bondy - 6-7-2011 at 04:40 PM

Terrific!! That's happened several times at Guadalupe. Just what every diver needs, an angry white shark in the cage with you :)

dean miller - 6-7-2011 at 08:47 PM

Ken,
I have had one friend attacked and killed by a Great White and one attacked in open water off Guadalupe Island .

Who had a GW in their cage as pictured off Gaudalupe Island? Inquiring minds want to know

FYI The event in the clip was off the Peace dive boat.

Ken Bondy - 6-8-2011 at 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dean miller
FYI The event in the clip was off the Peace dive boat.

Dean, I'm not sure about that. To the best of my knowledge the PEACE has never been to Guadalupe. I know that is true when Bill Magee owned the boat, and I don't think it has been there since Eric has owned it. The video is so jerky that it is difficult to make out the letters on the stern, but I am pretty sure they include "SEA" which would exclude "PEACE".

++Ken++

Debra - 6-8-2011 at 02:17 PM

Once again, a shamless plug for a geat web site.

www.kenbondy.com

:lol::lol::lol:

sorry Ken, just have to put it out there once in awhile!:lol:

DENNIS - 6-8-2011 at 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Bondy
The video is so jerky that it is difficult to make out the letters on the stern, but I am pretty sure they include "SEA" which would exclude "PEACE".

++Ken++

Found this:

[home video] Great White Breaks Open Shark Cage w/Diver Inside"On November 4th we had an incident that was pretty darned exciting. CC, or Cut Caudal, one of our regular sharks, accidentally ran into one of the main cages on the Searcher. CC came up nearly vertical about 20 feet away from the cage and grabbed one of the hang baits, which he is known to do on a regular basis. However, on this particular day he swam right into the portside cage's viewing window

Ken Bondy - 6-8-2011 at 02:57 PM

You got it DENNIS! It is definitely the SEARCHER. I went to the SEARCHER website and the lettering style on the stern of the boat is the same as that on the video. Thanks, ++Ken++