BajaNomad

Sea of Cortez Crash Pad

Martyman - 9-10-2004 at 03:18 PM

Looking for someplace on the sea of cortez South of BOLA. Don't want to be right in town but close enough to resupply and launch my Zodiac. A half-built block structure that we could add a palapa would be great. Don't want to spend a lot of money ($30,000 max). We like to fish, drink tequila, play music and have outdoor adventures. Thanks
Martyman

David K - 9-10-2004 at 05:23 PM

Have you been to Camp Gecko? It is 4.1 miles south of town, near the bottom of the bay. The owner Dr. Abraham Vasquez ('Doc') is leasing lots and many Nomads are building palapas and storage garages ('4baja' (Steve) being one). The web site for Gecko is http://www.campgecko.com and describes the camping and cabin rentals. However, Doc is SLOWLY phasing out the camping operation in favor of long term tennants.

Martyman - 9-17-2004 at 12:45 PM

I should clarify my post. I am looking fo a place on the Sea of Cortez ANYWHERE south of BOLA all the way to La Ribera.
Thanks
Martyman

David K - 9-17-2004 at 01:12 PM

Perhaps San Lucas Cove, just south of Santa Rosalia...?

Marty

jrbaja - 9-17-2004 at 01:26 PM

I know of quite a few places that fit your description. How big is the Zodiak and what are you planning on doing with it. Islands? Fishing? Diving?
Let me know and I'll see what I can do to help you out. We already have some similar projects going on down south.