Some fun beach fishin photos

baitcast - 8-23-2011 at 10:35 AM

Some of my favorites,you might agree?

Hugging big Bubba. With a fly rod!

Woody the spotfin king

On the beach with the Whistler DT,s jumping rooster

Chasing yellows on your ATV

Robs nite time corvina

[Edited on 8-23-2011 by baitcast] Don,t know how to do more than one at a time?

[Edited on 8-23-2011 by baitcast]

castaway$ - 8-23-2011 at 10:52 AM

Nice, very nice!

tiotomasbcs - 8-23-2011 at 11:00 AM

East Cape Roosters! Hard to do any better on light tackle. The aquablue water and sandy beaches are some of the best in the world. Thanks. Tio

Cypress - 8-23-2011 at 01:24 PM

baitcast, Nice fish! Thanks for the pictures.:P

wessongroup - 8-23-2011 at 02:02 PM

Hey guys, thanks much for the great shots ..... thats some good looking stuff... dt's rooster is soooo cool.. that water looks just _____ and being right there in the sand/water... brings back a lot of good memories of surf fishing... :):)

hey, dt.. you ever wear swim wear like shari's old man ... :biggrin:

[Edited on 8-23-2011 by wessongroup]

baitcast - 8-23-2011 at 02:56 PM

The timing on DT,s rooster could not have been better,see that school of bait down the beach,:biggrin:
Rob

BajaBlanca - 8-23-2011 at 03:17 PM

those are some really great shots !

Pacifico - 8-23-2011 at 04:05 PM

Hey Baitcast! That one with the ATV is me! Are those WSB in picture #3? Any idea where that was from? :?:

[Edited on 8-23-2011 by Pacifico]

baitcast - 8-23-2011 at 04:24 PM

Yes I knew that:biggrin: Those are WSB caught on the beach by the Whistler Its his pic if he wishes to reveal the beach thats fine,west side down south.:lol:
Rob

woody with a view - 8-23-2011 at 06:02 PM

i'm honored to make the list.....

Pacifico - 8-23-2011 at 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by baitcast
Yes I knew that:biggrin: Those are WSB caught on the beach by the Whistler Its his pic if he wishes to reveal the beach thats fine,west side down south.:lol:
Rob

I respect that....;D

wessongroup - 8-23-2011 at 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by baitcast
The timing on DT,s rooster could not have been better,see that school of bait down the beach,:biggrin:
Rob

Didn't see "that"... first view... thanks.. see them :):)

dtbushpilot - 8-23-2011 at 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
i'm honored to make the list.....

I'm a bit humbled myself woody.

A funny story goes along with that picture: My favorite photog and esposa bonita Jill (that's one person) was with me that day taking pictures. I brought the fish to the beach and picked it up for the "money shot" but Jill was messing with the camera and I was getting impatient. About that time I dropped my rod in the water and in frustration released the fish just as Jill was ready to take the picture. She wasn't happy and I acted like it was all her fault that we didn't get the shot. I was eating serious crow when she showed me the shots that she got....dt

woody with a view - 8-23-2011 at 06:57 PM

Quote:

I was eating serious crow when she showed me the shots that she got.

i guess!!!

edit: we'll be hanging out in BA 10/21-31 if you want to renew the shore fishing contest from last year. everyone is invited, of course! entry fee is a cold ballena, with the winner taking all....

[Edited on 8-24-2011 by woody with a view]

woody with a view - 8-23-2011 at 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Here's one from Sunday. Woody taught him how to hold it close to camera. Sorry about the quality of picture (cell phone).

sheesh, it was nothing really! but that looks like a good fish. what enticed it to bite? not where....

baitcast - 8-23-2011 at 08:27 PM

I,m going fishin in the morning and will be lucky to break 12"yuck!!nothing like the pics,but its much cooler up there.

Be back fri,we need to get more fishin talk going,the next best thing to catching,is watching someone else catching then talking but thats all I got going for me.
Rob

dtbushpilot - 8-23-2011 at 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
Quote:

I was eating serious crow when she showed me the shots that she got.

i guess!!!

edit: we'll be hanging out in BA 10/21-31 if you want to renew the shore fishing contest from last year. everyone is invited, of course! entry fee is a cold ballena, with the winner taking all....

I'm headed for Asuncion day after tomorrow (Thursday) for a little r&r, I'll do a little "recon" on beach fishing while I'm there. I will need to be in Buena Vista late October for our FM2 renewal so a quick trip North for a tournament will be just what the doctor ordered. Maybe we can get some more victims...I mean participants for the tournament to make it interesting.......dt

dtbushpilot - 8-23-2011 at 09:07 PM

hey, dt.. you ever wear swim wear like shari's old man ...

I used to but one day a cute girl on the beach pointed at me and laughed......I haven't worn a speedo....in public...since:lol::lol:

B.A. shore fishing cheerleaders!!!

shari - 8-23-2011 at 09:37 PM

Hey guys....we girls of BA were practising some cheerleading on the beach today for the upcoming tournament....give me a W...give me an O....another O ...D...Y.....goooooooo Woody!!!

dtbushpilot - 8-23-2011 at 10:43 PM

Well woody, looks like the deck is STACKED against me....I might as well stay home:lol::lol:.....dt

woody with a view - 8-24-2011 at 05:33 AM

you'se ladies are hilarious! and cute, too! can't wait for the days.... 56 and counting.

edit: singing to myself, right now, "summertime, and the living's easy!":light:

I love living "green"

vgabndo - 8-24-2011 at 11:59 AM

BUT THAT DOESN'T INCLUDE GREEN WITH ENVY.:lol::lol::lol:

baitcast - 5-29-2015 at 08:59 AM

Bump for some fun beach pic's

Kgryfon - 5-30-2015 at 04:15 PM

Nice photos, all! Thanks for sharing!

Udo - 5-30-2015 at 04:22 PM

Gotta love the ladies of BA!

Russ - 5-31-2015 at 09:07 PM

Good day with corVina

Skipjack Joe - 5-31-2015 at 09:26 PM

Nice catch Russ.

baitcast - 6-1-2015 at 02:57 AM

I should say a nice catch, they are so pleasing to my eyes. Clean lines, a very attractive fish and very good eating as well and one more thing they like top water!!
Rob

Russ - 6-1-2015 at 05:11 AM

Our local panga netters have ruined the inshore fishery so that I may catch a small one on occasion now. Very sad!

Fun?

David K - 6-1-2015 at 06:42 AM

How about when Graham caught a dorado with his bare hands?

:biggrin:

DK

captkw - 6-1-2015 at 06:46 AM

That is/was a sick and or wounded fish..ask any fishermen about dodo's..sorry to kill your dream about the redhead..

David K - 6-1-2015 at 07:06 AM

It was a "fun" photo, as requested... I couldn't think of anything more fun than Graham Mackintosh catching a dorado with his hands. Reminds me of the XX (Dos Equis) "most interesting man" commercials.

Russ - 6-1-2015 at 08:02 AM

I forgot about my friend that hauled a swordfish from the shore this year until I read the article about the Hawaiian that got killed buy one recently. No lie. It was a swordfish. John maybe you could post a pic. I can't find the one you sent me.

Enrique2012 - 6-1-2015 at 10:50 AM

The white seabass photos from the beach are most likely taken at Laguna Manuela, just north of Guerrero Negro. Best spot is north of the point, along the sandy beach.

Epic white seabass location.

David K - 6-1-2015 at 02:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Enrique2012  
The white seabass photos from the beach are most likely taken at Laguna Manuela, just north of Guerrero Negro. Best spot is north of the point, along the sandy beach.

Epic white seabass location.

Yup, the beach north of Morro Santo Domingo. Whistler calls it Variety Beach. We fished there in the early 80's and caught all the corbina, croaker, and calico bass we wanted.. oh a couple of halibut, too! Variety indeed!

My dad and I at Variety Beach in or around 1983.

Laguna Manuela from Morro Santo Domingo hill/lighthouse area.

Pompano - 6-1-2015 at 03:13 PM

I recall some local kids catching a very large marlin from the beach just under the old Chivato hotel. Bill Alvarado took a great photo of that very unusual event with the kids, their marlin, and a couple of dads who came to help haul the bruiser ashore. Bill had that photo on the barroom wall for many years, but I don't know if it is still part of the decor today. He may have taken it with him, as it was a rare one! What memories those lads must have today as grown men! Those WERE the days!

baitcast - 7-3-2021 at 12:08 PM

Can't leave this out!!

BornFisher - 7-3-2021 at 08:57 PM

Woddy`s fan club is wonderful and well deserved. Those spotties are pushing the record books!!!

Don Pisto - 7-6-2021 at 08:59 AM

CSL Snook!:o
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2021/07/nighttime-catch-of-monster-...

David K - 7-6-2021 at 09:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  
CSL Snook!:o
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2021/07/nighttime-catch-of-monster-...

baitcast - 7-6-2021 at 09:43 AM

Never ever let a bit of weather stand in the way of making that last cast.
Rob
Beach fishing at its finest outstanding this was after getting a big rooster and a big jack:o

[Edited on 7-6-2021 by baitcast]