BajaNomad

Rosarito camping ?

lesd - 9-1-2011 at 12:31 PM

Hi Nomads,
I'm going to do the old Rosarito to Ensenada bike ride thing on Sept 24 ( this time on an electric bike , cheating a little bit ;) ) , but I have no idea of where to camp in Rosarito. I'l be bringing my truck camper, and would like to find a safe place to camp, leaving the truck unattended during the whole day. It needs to be close to the center of town, as the bike ride starts from there, I believe.

Where do you guys recommend ?
Thanks!

Martyman - 9-1-2011 at 03:20 PM

I like Anthony's

DENNIS - 9-1-2011 at 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Martyman
I like Anthony's

I didn't know there was a franchise in Rosarito. 'Bout time. :biggrin:

bajabound2005 - 9-1-2011 at 06:40 PM

I would camp at the Rosarito Beach Hotel, in a nice room. Get a sports massage on Friday afternoon, head to Susanna's Restaurant for a nice dinner. Get your butt up in the morning and have breakfast at the Pancake Republic. At least, that's what I normally do!

greengoes - 9-1-2011 at 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabound2005
I would camp at the Rosarito Beach Hotel, in a nice room. Get a sports massage on Friday afternoon, head to Susanna's Restaurant for a nice dinner. Get your butt up in the morning and have breakfast at the Pancake Republic. At least, that's what I normally do!

That sounds too harsh of a campsite.

bajabound2005 - 9-1-2011 at 08:43 PM

oh no, it's perfect! we've done it 3 x.....this year we can't. I have to take the shuttle from ENS on that morning :( but that's the way it is. I hope Bajamigo will be waiting for me in ENS at the end of the ride :)

how much are rooms?

lesd - 9-1-2011 at 09:23 PM

About how much is a room at the Rosarito Beach Hotel ?
I'll worry that they are all sold out on an event like this, but maybe too many are not going because of passports, or lack there of.

bajabound2005 - 9-2-2011 at 06:42 AM

$79 http://www.rosaritobeachhotel.com/rosarito_rates_and_package...
for bike riders

J.P. - 9-2-2011 at 10:04 AM

Would be a lot cheaper and SAFER to camp in Ensenada then take the shuttle to Rosarito on race day

MMc - 9-2-2011 at 08:17 PM

Yup! What JP said. More hotels and campgrounds too.
MMc

lesd - 9-2-2011 at 08:42 PM

I didn't know there was a reverse shuttle ( from Ensenada to Rosarito ) on the *morning* of the race day.
Is there any info on this someplace ?
I would prefer to stay in Ensenada too.

sancho - 9-2-2011 at 09:18 PM

If you haven't looked at the Ride Website it APPEARS
there is a shuttle from Ensenada to Rosarito the morn
of the Ride, $20 per
http://www.rosaritoensenada.org/english/eventinfo.html

bajabound2005 - 9-3-2011 at 06:42 AM

there is shuttle; i'll be on it! also lots of cabs with bike racks. a lot of people stay at the Corona Hotel where the ride finishes so they don't have to go back to Rosarito.