BajaNomad

Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked

Pages:  1  2    4  ..  14

DENNIS - 9-11-2011 at 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
But what is the Del Carmen Hospital issue? Are they worried about getting paid?

They're probably worried about not getting paid enough. I've heard of people being held prisoner in hospitals here until the bill was paid. Fred Hoctor was one of them.

Anyway....if he can get to TJ, he can get to La Jolla. He's a Vet.

shari - 9-11-2011 at 01:31 PM

someone has to make the decision to medivac Ron and make the arrangements...really need to talk to "that man" who is with Ron...is Ron's daughter available to make a decision...I assume Ron is unconscious. Someone needs to step up to the plate and quickly make some decisions before it's too late...the hospital most likely wont do anything...need to find out what insurance he has too...but if money is an issue in getting him evacuated stateside, I'm sure we can all come up with that...but all depends if he is stable enough to move as well.

DENNIS - 9-11-2011 at 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
someone has to make the decision to medivac Ron and make the arrangements...really need to talk to "that man" who is with Ron...is Ron's daughter available to make a decision...I assume Ron is unconscious. Someone needs to step up to the plate and quickly make some decisions before it's too late...the hospital most likely wont do anything...need to find out what insurance he has too...but if money is an issue in getting him evacuated stateside, I'm sure we can all come up with that...but all depends if he is stable enough to move as well.

They won't do anything without permission. They wouldn't even give Janene the full story.

SiReNiTa - 9-11-2011 at 01:34 PM

One of Adrians friends and co-worker is engaged to the daughter of Sanatorio del Carmen's owners, I've met the family briefly and they seem like decent, nice people who would put a persons life before "getting paid"...

I've never been treated there but as far as I know it is said to be a very good facility with good doctors.
But then...I'm no doctor :)
That being said, I do agree that Ron being treated in the U.S. would be the best case scenario, because of the advanced treatments and diagnostics.

Is there any way to find out if Ron has insurance that would cover a transportation like that??

Pompano - 9-11-2011 at 01:35 PM

I can't do much with my hands from 4000 miles away..but I will glady give $1000 USD to whoever can get Ron to a US hospital NOW.

bajaroger@yahoo.com
701-359-4332
can wire immediately after US hospital arrival
I can personally highly recommend Scripps Mercy Hosptal ER at 435 H Street, Chula Vista, Ca. 91910-4307
phone: 619-691-7000

[Edited on 9-11-2011 by Pompano]

BillP - 9-11-2011 at 01:38 PM

Please add my positive thoughts and energy, so sad.

tripledigitken - 9-11-2011 at 01:38 PM

I am in San Diego and can get family from San Diego to points south on a moments notice. I will be following this thread closely.

Please U2U me if I can be of assistance.

Ken

astrobaja - 9-11-2011 at 01:40 PM

Its most likely Chava and his Wife Maria who are with them at Del Carmen.
Chava is a good friend of Ron and Cristina and has been building Rons house for him for the last year or so.
Chava said he had to call someone to get a hold of Rons daughter (who apparently is on her way) but if someone wants to call Chava on his cell perhaps to tell him that its important to get him moved to a better facility asap. Heres Chavas no. 616-105-6936

Christ I hope Rons daughter gets there soon!!!

DENNIS - 9-11-2011 at 01:40 PM

What Ron needs at this moment is a doctor who can bring some light on the subject, but it's Sunday and there are no doctors at Del Carmen at the time.
I can't understand why they dropped him off there.

astrobaja - 9-11-2011 at 01:45 PM

I've just been informed by our Mexican friends at the Condor station, that in their opinion the best Baja norte hospital is the Los Angeles hospital in Tijuana, but not sure if they have an MRI.

David K - 9-11-2011 at 01:47 PM

Ron 'BajaGringo' (with TW) just over three months ago, at the Mike Younghusband slide show:

SiReNiTa - 9-11-2011 at 01:49 PM

Ok, I just got off the phone with the woman at the desk in Sanatorio del Carmen, she said that up until now Ron does NOT need a blood transfusion, she did how ever ask that if anyone knows how to contact Ron's family to please please please make their contact info available ASAP, because they can not do anything without the consent of a family member, this is super important because if they were to start a treatment or a surgery without family consent and if something were to go wrong, they would be made liable, it's like that in any hospital for any major surgeries.

They are not being stubborn or greedy, they are simply following rules, as hard as it may be to understand.

She was very nice and told me that he did need medical attention btu that they could not give it to him until they had consent from a family member, so if anyone knows how to contact anyone from his family please u2u me the info so that I can give it to the people at the hospital.

The good news is he is alive so keep the prayers coming!

bacquito - 9-11-2011 at 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Can someone in Ensenada check the Velmar Hospital???

I drove to Velmar and he is not there.

[Edited on 9-11-2011 by bacquito]

[Edited on 9-11-2011 by bacquito]

astrobaja - 9-11-2011 at 01:58 PM

OK Rons daughter just posted on facebook a few minutes ago so I posted that it was important for her to contact the hospital ASAP to give consent to treat Ron

SiReNiTa - 9-11-2011 at 02:01 PM

Thanks astro, do you need the hospital phone number??

shari - 9-11-2011 at 02:02 PM

very good news...good work sirenita...please call Chava 616-105-6936 so you are in the loop...I'm sure he already knows this but in lieu of family member present, there must be a clause where someone else can make a decision to give him the treatment he needs....cristina most likely is more apt to need a blood donor if she lost alot of blood...try to get a cel # for ron's daughter from Chava...
remember...sometimes you have to go out on a limb and make critical decisions fast that arent always popular with the hospital...trust your instincts...try to get Adrian's uncle's opinion or help...this is an extreme emergency and Ron & Cristina need all our energy and input. Sounds like an effort needs to be mounted to move them ASAP either to TJ or Ron to the states if possible so he stands a better chance at recovery....time is of the essence even though it is Sunday.

I once arranged a private airvac myself and it's complicated and alot of phone calls and insisting...i took a chance the guys' medical would pay for it and luckily it did...but he didnt care at the time and was concious so he gave me the green light to arrange it....which I'm sure Ron would too if he is concious....can you find out if he is concious?

shari - 9-11-2011 at 02:04 PM

astro...can you please give ron's daugher sirena's phone # I'll U2U it to ya..she could stay with them too probably.

Woooosh - 9-11-2011 at 02:04 PM

If Ron is ex-Navy as posted on TalkBaja, get him to the Navy Hospital in San Diego where treatment is superior and free. Not sure about spousal coverage.

(info from another board)

[Edited on 9-11-2011 by Woooosh]

Los Angeles Hospital in TJ is Excellent

Gypsy Jan - 9-11-2011 at 02:07 PM

So is Centro Medico Excel

The MRI lab is at a separate facility near both hospitals, and I have undergone two MRI procedures there; here's the contact info:

Imagen Radiological Integral
Calle Santa Maria #3152, Col. Gabilondo
Tijuana B.C., Mexico 22300

Mexican Tel: (664) 971-0940
US Tel: (619) 308-8311

astrobaja - 9-11-2011 at 02:08 PM

yes please Sirenita I'll post it on Ron FB so that Yessica can see to contact Del Carmen. I also posted Chavas no. on Rons FB for Yessica to see, wish we had her cell no!!!!

SiReNiTa - 9-11-2011 at 02:08 PM

of course she can stay with us as long as needed.

I'm calling back now to see if there is any development, although if he was conscious he would be able to give consent?

SiReNiTa - 9-11-2011 at 02:15 PM

Ok, the number is 646-178-3477

The woman said that as soon as they get family consent they can start proceedures, and thatas far as transportation goes there if a form that needs to be filled out by a family member, but this can only be done after talking to the doctors to see if it's safe to move him.
She also said Chava had just been there and said that Ron's daughter was on her way???

shari - 9-11-2011 at 02:18 PM

probably an american ambulance could be arranged to meet a mexican ambulance at secondary in at the border in TJ...that's what we did in our medivac from GN...the patient was a fireman so his buddies arranged the ambulance on the american side to meet at secondary for the transfer.

Bajagypsy - 9-11-2011 at 02:18 PM

Our thoughts and healing energy are being sent. What a senseless tragedy, I shudder at the morals and ethics of somepeople, what is this world coming to?

Natalie Ann - 9-11-2011 at 02:23 PM

Such sad sad news.
Many prayers I send for their survival and recovery.

nena

SFandH - 9-11-2011 at 02:28 PM

Quote:
probably an american ambulance could be arranged to meet a mexican ambulance at secondary in at the border in TJ...that's what we did in our medivac from GN...the patient was a fireman so his buddies arranged the ambulance on the american side to meet at secondary for the transfer.

The Mexican ambulance service can arrange for American paramedics to be ready at the border. A friend of mine who lives in TJ had an emergency, called the Mexican Red Cross, an ambulance was at his house in 10 minutes and they took him straight to the border. Paramedics were waiting. Ambulances and other emergency vehicles have a special access that avoids the lines.

shari - 9-11-2011 at 02:30 PM

sirenita reports that the doctors are standing by ready to start some sort of treatment when they get permission from a family member....usually written but in this emergency they said a phone call would do...in order to transfer him, his bill will have to be liquidated first so there may be some scrambling to get some cash together for this...which will most likely be paid back by the medical plan.

SiReNiTa - 9-11-2011 at 02:31 PM

Has anyone checked in on Cristina lately???

Woooosh - 9-11-2011 at 02:31 PM

This happened last night and as of 2:15pm today they are waiting for family consent to begin treatment? You've got to be kidding, he could have been in San Diego twelve hours ago not waiting. This can't be true.

woody with a view - 9-11-2011 at 02:35 PM

and why do the doctors need consent? isn't there some oath they take to help the sick and injured? not stand around waiting for someone to say okay?

BajaBlanca - 9-11-2011 at 02:37 PM

how far away is the daughter ???? someone must contact her to have her call in.

SiReNiTa - 9-11-2011 at 02:38 PM

I think the issue is that when a patient is in a delicate condition, if the hospital makes a decision and the outcome is negative they are held responsible, which is why in the great majority of hospitals here and everywhere they hesitate to act without family consent...

Maybe not the right way to do things but we have to work with what he have =(

Woooosh - 9-11-2011 at 02:44 PM

are you kidding me? He has not received ANY medical treatment yet? If Ron is confirmed as ex-navy by his daughter- find some way to get him and his wife to San Diego ASAP. It's four hours away and his situation has to be deteriorating without treatment. Seriously. I don't know anything about emergency VA transport- but surely someone here must. Keep hanging in there for him- you are doing what you can!

[Edited on 9-11-2011 by Woooosh]

DENNIS - 9-11-2011 at 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
This happened last night and as of 2:15pm today they are waiting for family consent to begin treatment? You've got to be kidding, he could have been in San Diego twelve hours ago not waiting. This can't be true.

Probably because no one knew what to do or who to call. Perhaps this illustrates a need for a firm plan of action for the future.

Thank God for Mike or we may still be unaware of this mess.

[Edited on 9-11-2011 by DENNIS]

DENNIS - 9-11-2011 at 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
and why do the doctors need consent? isn't there some oath they take to help the sick and injured? not stand around waiting for someone to say okay?

They sue down here too.

Sorry, Shari

Gypsy Jan - 9-11-2011 at 02:52 PM

Been there, done that and here is what happened.

I followed the Mexican ambulance to the border that was carrying my husband.

Yes, they cut across the lines and we crossed the border quickly, but the SD paramedics on the other side would not take him to the VA hospital.

The Mexican ambulance attendants carefully transferred my husband to my back seat and I drove him to the VA hospital.

baronvonbob - 9-11-2011 at 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh

Probably because no one knew what to do or who to call. Perhaps this illustrates a need for a firm plan of action for the future.

Thank God for Mike or we may still be unaware of this mess.

who, Mike, ?

BajaNomad - 9-11-2011 at 02:52 PM

Dennis... ck u2u pls

shari - 9-11-2011 at 02:56 PM

Jan...was it something like they had to take him to the closest hospital and not the VA hospital? I seem to remember something like that.

Woooosh - 9-11-2011 at 02:57 PM

I called the Naval Hospital and they wouldn't give me any info without authorization. They would not tell me whether emergency medical transport for Navy vets exists and how to access it. Not really what I was expecting from them.

shari - 9-11-2011 at 03:01 PM

sounds typical...when i tried to get a medivac from the guy's insurance company..it took too long so we just arranged it locally hoping for the best and luckily his insurance did end up paying for it in the end I think...act now...worry about the insurance later.

BajaBlanca - 9-11-2011 at 03:03 PM

someone MUST get a hold of Ron's daughter .... she posted on facebook an hour ago - not that long ago !!!!

why would the ambulance not take your husband to the VA hospital Gypsy Jan ?

Maybe one can call a private ambulance service if there is such a thing ?

anyone know someone in the navy who can provide info on ambulances ? can anyone go to ron's house and get his wallet which probably has his medical record number - insurance information etc ... he is very very organized.

[Edited on 9-11-2011 by BajaBlanca]

SiReNiTa - 9-11-2011 at 03:04 PM

Yessica has made contact with the hospital here and they have started treating him, how i'm not sure but at least we know that she has touched base and is possibly on her way down

BajaNomad - 9-11-2011 at 03:07 PM

It's my understanding there's also a Christine that's been advised of his situation and is on her way down to Ensenada as well...

Not sure who's who.

BajaBlanca - 9-11-2011 at 03:09 PM

that is excellent news.

we need someone BIG in the navy to handle this

mostly we need someone to get Ron's wallet. I presume he was at home and just going over to the neighbor's without it .... Cristina as well ...

If someone wants to u2u me the address, i can have a friend pop on over.

latina - 9-11-2011 at 03:10 PM

Our thoughts and prayers are with Ron & Cristina...

AmoPescar - 9-11-2011 at 03:11 PM

DOES ANYONE KNOW??

What about the service that Discover Baja offers...the one operated by the woman who can help you be medical evac'd and who helps you cut through the difficulties of dealing with legal problems, etc.

Does anyone know her name and can she be contacted to help????

Miguelamo :?: :?:

[Edited on 9-11-2011 by AmoPescar]

DENNIS - 9-11-2011 at 03:12 PM

There are people who came up with Ron and Cristina from SQ. I can't believe they would do that without gathering their credentials. They know the system here.

captain4tuna - 9-11-2011 at 03:18 PM

Absolutely horrible....did not personally know either of them but our prayers are with them.......

AmoPescar - 9-11-2011 at 03:21 PM

HERE IS HER INFO....

http://www.binationalemergency.org/about_celia.html

I know it has been posted here before that she has been a great help in cutting through the red tape to get help with med-evac., etc.

Miguelamo

desertcpl - 9-11-2011 at 03:26 PM

this is just terrible,, Ron and me grew up in the same neigbhor hood in Long Beach, we have never meet, but we have U2U each other, and yes he was the real deal

our payers are with both Ron and Cristina

Katiejay99 - 9-11-2011 at 03:27 PM

Has anyone heard any new reports about Cristina? Can a medevac include her with Ron?

[Edited on 9-11-2011 by Katiejay99]

DENNIS - 9-11-2011 at 03:30 PM

What has to happen is an ambulance company here must be hired to transport the patient to the border and a US ambulance has to be there to receive him/her.
It has to be organized and without a doctor on the case, that's tough to do.

Here is an example of the service here in Ens:

http://www.seccionamarilla.com.mx/Informacion/TRANSMEDIC/TRA...

According to my yellow pages, this is their email:

transmed@telnor.net

Mulegena - 9-11-2011 at 03:34 PM

It can be deduced that there is a doctor on the case.

If his daughter has given verbal consent to treatment and treatment has been started in the hospital, then a hospital-authorized doctor has tacitly accepted Ron as a patient, presumably assessed, and issued orders for medical treatment.

There is no hospital in the world that operates without a doctor being on-call.

Quote:
What has to happen is an ambulance company here must be hired to transport the patient to the border and a US ambulance has to be there to receive him/her.
It has to be organized and without a doctor on the case, that's tough to do.

Here is an example of the service here in Ens:

http://www.seccionamarilla.com.mx/Informacion/TRANSMEDIC/TRA...

DENNIS - 9-11-2011 at 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena
There is no hospital in the world that operates without a doctor being on-call.

Really?? I guess we have to define "on call".

SiReNiTa - 9-11-2011 at 03:40 PM

I've got to step away from the computer and the phone for a little while, but will check back in about 20 minutes...
I think in order to transport the patient there needs to be written consent, which is why the daughter is probably on her way here now :)

DENNIS - 9-11-2011 at 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SiReNiTa
I've got to step away from the computer and the phone for a little while, but will check back in about 20 minutes...

Sirenita....we need an update on Cristina. Can you impose upon your friends at Del Carmen to make a phone call? It can't be just anybody.

My source of info, Dr. Janene, is off grid for a few hours.

BajaBlanca - 9-11-2011 at 03:48 PM

folks, I need some info here so I can get someone to Ron/Cristina's house:

1. does ron have dogs, if so how many? are they dangerous ? I shall get someone over to leave food and water IF THEY WILL BE SAFE doing this

2. can someone in ensenada find out if they need wallets etc for ron and Cristina ? perhaps consult with the guys who went with them ? Charo ?

3. can you think of anything else my friends should do at the house ?

thanks. Blanca

BajaNomad - 9-11-2011 at 03:48 PM

The family member I heard back from indicated this: "I talk to his doctor and I'm on my way to the hospital I'll be there in 2-3 hours"

That was an hour ago.

She just sent me another message *just now* stating:

"My dad opened his eyes"

[Edited on 9-11-2011 by BajaNomad]

shari - 9-11-2011 at 03:50 PM

stand by...she's giving Izaak a bath and will be back in a few minutes...she did speak to Chava and they are all on the same page now and are in wait mode at the moment for yessica to arrive...I've been on skype with sirenita.

astrobaja - 9-11-2011 at 03:51 PM

Awesome Doug!!!!!

Bajablanca: I'm pretty sure Chava would have made provisions for this, but Ron has 3 dogs (we were there last week) one is a young doberman who is pretty protective! Also Cristina has a 2 indoor cats

DENNIS - 9-11-2011 at 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
3. can you think of anything else my friends should do at the house ?

thanks. Blanca

Turn off the water pump and gas. They may be a while.

BajaNomad - 9-11-2011 at 03:55 PM

Quote:
...and are in wait mode at the moment for yessica to arrive.

Please be on the lookout for more family members heading that way (uncertain if it's one or more). Not sure who is whom. The person who sent me the other info is not Yessica - but perhaps could be getting their info from Yessica - or maybe more likely from Chava? Don't know.

BajaBlanca - 9-11-2011 at 03:57 PM

Astrobaja - if Chava lets you know that he needs support with the animals, let me know. we can get dog lovers over there in a jiffy.

I bet the hospital is calling the daughter and giving her a status report and she is still on her way. And obviously someone else is driving her ...

positive thoughts all the way amigos.

shari - 9-11-2011 at 03:58 PM

i tried to call Chava to find out about Ron's house, documents & pets but his phone is off or maybe out of minutes?

shari - 9-11-2011 at 03:59 PM

doug, please pass on sirena's number to the family members

SiReNiTa - 9-11-2011 at 03:59 PM

I've tried calling the Hospital General a few times but no answer on the phone.

Does anyone know if Ron's family will need a place to stay?
I'm glad about the bit of good news doug!

I believe Chava's wife is with Cristina? I will call him again to see if he has any more news.

SiReNiTa - 9-11-2011 at 04:01 PM

Yep, phone is off or out of minutes, he has my number, so I'll let everyone know if he calls with more news.

Mulegena - 9-11-2011 at 04:02 PM

1. Most important. Gather together any medicines they're taking; write them all down; as example: name (Ron or Cristina), name of medication (Vicodin), strength of medication 10 mg., dosage instructions (take 1-2 tablets every 4-6 hours as needed for pain). This would include anything by prescription and over-the-counter, too, including herbal tablets & vitamins.
2. Gather up their personal effects, wallets, purses, identification, insurance information
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca can you think of anything else my friends should do at the house ?

thanks. Blanca

Turn off the water pump and gas. They may be a while.

BajaBlanca - 9-11-2011 at 04:04 PM

WATER PUMP AND GAS = CHECK

DENNIS - 9-11-2011 at 04:04 PM

Quote:

Why am I not surprised?

BajaBlanca - 9-11-2011 at 04:05 PM

MULEGENA = excellent = CHECK

Mulegena - 9-11-2011 at 04:05 PM

Quote:
Yep, phone is off or out of minutes, he has my number, so I'll let everyone know if he calls with more news.
Can we send his phone some minutes so he can use it?
Darn inconvenient time to be running around looking for a phone card to buy.

DENNIS - 9-11-2011 at 04:09 PM

Quote:

How about the social worker?

MARISELA...............646 176-7701

AmoPescar - 9-11-2011 at 04:10 PM

I called Celia Diaz with BINATIONAL EMERGENCY and she is on the case!

She is calling the hospitals and will do whatever she can to help expedite care/transportation/translation/evacuation.

I called her around 3:45 pm Pac Time and she returned my call within 10-15 minutes. As of 4pm she said she would call me back shortly.

Miguelamo

shari - 9-11-2011 at 04:11 PM

I just sent him 70 pesos to his phone...it was all I had...maybe some others can send him some saldo too...easy to do...under the message part on your phone type in his number which is 616-105-6936 then a space then an amount under 99 pesos then send and send to the number 7373 and voila..he gets some minutes from you...he will need them.

way to go amopescar...lets get things moving for them...I am just so relieved and happy to hear ron opened his eyes...come on man...stay with us amigo.

[Edited on 9-11-2011 by shari]

DENNIS - 9-11-2011 at 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AmoPescar

She is calling the hospitals and will do whatever she can to help expedite care/transportation/translation/evacuation.

I called her around 3:45 pm Pac Time and she returned my call within 10-15 minutes. As of 4pm she said she would call me back shortly.

Miguelamo

That's great, Mike. Next, we'll need some place to evacuate him to.

Paulina - 9-11-2011 at 04:16 PM

I am proud of my Nomad family right now.

You guys are the best.

P>*)))>{

BajaBlanca - 9-11-2011 at 04:19 PM

Mike, simply brilliant.

I will wait til someone can tell me if the dogs will bite my amigos if they go over ....... can anyone vouch for the pooches being docile ?

AmoPescar - 9-11-2011 at 04:22 PM

Dennis...

I believe this is the type of thing Celia can arrange. This is her expertise and her life. I think she may have been the one who helped arrange the med-evacs that USCG did in the past.

Quote:
Quote:

Miguelamo

That's great, Mike. Next, we'll need some place to evacuate him to.

astrobaja - 9-11-2011 at 04:23 PM

I'm thinkin Chava will probably be driving back to SQ tonight as he has family and animals to take care of too. This happened to Ron and Cristina before they were able to pay Chava for the weeks work, so we will lend Chava 3000-4000 pesos until things get settled a little more.....

"everything crossed that can be crossed!"

baronvonbob - 9-11-2011 at 04:23 PM

They make a lot of noise but are supposed to be friendly, but the owner is not their.

Quote:
Mike, simply brilliant.

I will wait til someone can tell me if the dogs will bite my amigos if they go over ....... can anyone vouch for the pooches being docile ?

BajaNomad - 9-11-2011 at 04:26 PM

Quote:
I believe this is the type of thing Celia can arrange.

From the family (in regards specifically to Celia of BEMCC):

" I left her a message 2 hours ago I'm waiting for her call"

SiReNiTa - 9-11-2011 at 04:28 PM

Ok, here's the latest, I just called Chava and he said they were just now waiting for the doctor to get an update on Ron's condition and then they are heading over to Hospital General to see Cristina, who seems to be stable for the time being (WHEW!)

Thanks to those who sent minutes to his cell!

AmoPescar - 9-11-2011 at 04:34 PM

RE: Celia and Binational Emergency...

4:27pm Pacific Time

She just called me again and has been in touch with a military doctor she works with. He is supposed to be on his way to the hospital(s) to assess the situation and see what they can do about evac or whatever is necessary.

Michael/Miguelamo

astrobaja - 9-11-2011 at 04:34 PM

Sirenita: great news! Next time you are talking to Chava can you ask him about whos taking care of the house/animals? Or if hes headed back tonight? Also please tell him that Pamela and Mike will lend him some money to tide him over the next little spell.

Diver - 9-11-2011 at 04:34 PM

Very proud to be a Nomad today.

I have a list of folks to call in Baja if the sh-t hits the fan.
They include Ron, Shari, Diane/John, Hose A, Comitan, Pompano, Bob ....
I wish I could do more.
Ron drove 3 hours out of his way to help me with my stranded truck.
He never met me before, he just came to see if he could help.
He deserves all the help we can give him.

From 2,000 miles away, I am ready with credit card if needed.

[Edited on 9-12-2011 by Diver]

bigjohn - 9-11-2011 at 04:39 PM

Does the donating pesos for minutes work for phones NOB?

SiReNiTa - 9-11-2011 at 04:41 PM

works anywhere in mexico i believe :)

fdt - 9-11-2011 at 04:42 PM

This is very very bad. Both Ron and Cristina are great people. If there is anything I can do from here in Tijuana, please just ask and I'll be on it fast.
Doug has my mex cel #, my us cel # and also my Nextel.

shari - 9-11-2011 at 04:42 PM

i doubt it...but thanks for the offer...maybe rons daughter might need minutes on her NOB phone.

DENNIS - 9-11-2011 at 04:51 PM

Quote:
Mike, simply brilliant.

Bring them a bag of McJesses. They'll love ya to death. :biggrin:

DENNIS - 9-11-2011 at 04:55 PM

Man O Man...........If I ever fall apart, I wanna do it right here. I am impressed. ;)

shari - 9-11-2011 at 05:01 PM

Dennis...please give me some lead time to your breakdown so I can stock up on beer...thanks.

Astrobaja...way to go paisanos for helping Chava out and mobilizing the Nomad emergency squad...what a team...keep those prayers and energy coming.

BajaBlanca - 9-11-2011 at 05:15 PM

Shari - as soon as you or Sirena know if Chava intends on going home and can handle med list and gas off and water pump off etc. - and whether dogs will be able to handle a stranger there if need be - please let me know so I can get someone to go over. gracias :)

desertcpl - 9-11-2011 at 05:22 PM

I know Ron has a Doberman, I would think that some one that knows the dog needs to go over, the Doberman even thou he his young , might be very aggressive

SiReNiTa - 9-11-2011 at 05:23 PM

Just talked to Chava, they will be heading back to SQ tonight so he said he would take care of things at the house, they are now waiting for Ron's daughter to get here then he will call me so I can head over to translate and see if she needs anything.

oladulce - 9-11-2011 at 05:23 PM

This is an extreme situation and I'm not going to proofread or tip toe around feelings. Bigwooo and I are very frustrated to be so far away.

Based on Dennis' friend Dr Janeen's assessment, this facility is not capable of handling injuries as severe as Ron has. He needs to get out of there now because doctor updates and status reports are not treatment! And Cristina may be "unchanged", according to a recent report but for some reason she is intubated and on a ventilator which means she is unconscious.

Along with Pompano, we will offer $1000 to go towards transferring Ron to a facility that can TREAT his injuries, and/or if there is a remote chance of transferring Cristina to a higher level facility. I can do an immediate online transfer to another Mexican bank account if necessary.

DianaT - 9-11-2011 at 05:23 PM

OMG---just read this. Really, really sick about it---

Our thoughts and prayers are with both of them and their families.

[Edited on 9-12-2011 by DianaT]

DENNIS - 9-11-2011 at 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by oladulce
Along with Pompano, we will offer $1000 to go towards transferring Ron to a facility that can TREAT his injuries, and/or if there is a remote chance of transferring Cristina to a higher level facility.

Count me in for the same. [thank you Roger for getting this ball rolling]

Pages:  1  2    4  ..  14