BajaNomad

Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked

Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10  ..  14

shari - 9-14-2011 at 01:15 PM

in the meantime how about some specially focused prayer and energy to the doctors operating on ron's jaw this afternoon.

DENNIS - 9-14-2011 at 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
in the meantime how about some specially focused prayer and energy to the doctors operating on ron's jaw this afternoon.

Pray for the doctors? :lol:
I would hope they would be beyond that need.

Neal Johns - 9-14-2011 at 01:26 PM

Discover Baja Club (619) 275-4225 has several credit card donations, will accept more until Friday - as previously posted by fdt - and will deliver money Monday.

Is there a doctor in the house?

Skipjack Joe - 9-14-2011 at 01:28 PM

A little humor may be appropriate at this time:

three-stooges-doctors.jpg - 24kB

BajaBlanca - 9-14-2011 at 01:39 PM

How fantastic that the Governor's office is writing .... Shari or Woooosh: do you want to take it from here with the Governor ? You are much more in connection with the family and fron and Cristina via Sirena.

I am so happy that everything seems to be moving in the right direction.

Pls call if you need anything further since we have a full house:

615 156-0056 landline in la bocana.

Woooosh - 9-14-2011 at 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
How fantastic that the Governor's office is writing .... Shari or Woooosh: do you want to take it from here with the Governor ? You are much more in connection with the family and fron and Cristina via Sirena.

I am so happy that everything seems to be moving in the right direction.

Pls call if you need anything further since we have a full house:

615 156-0056 landline in la bocana.

I can contact them- but someone closer to the situation and family would be better than me jumping in. I am very happy they responded to my request to help- I just want to make sure we don't waste their time with me providing half the information they will need when others like Shari seem to have it all.

I should think ANY and EVERY nomad who wants the Governor of Baja to assist should feel free to contact the office and encourage them to support Ron any way they can. Ron has supported Baja tourism all along and this is Baja's chance to show some thanks. The e-mail is gestoriasgobbc@Gmail.com.

I've been sparring with the Governors office over a Rosarito Beach land title fraud- so I'm probably not the best one right now, but at least they were kind to respond for Ron's sake.

[Edited on 9-14-2011 by Woooosh]

shari - 9-14-2011 at 01:55 PM

i thought you had an in with the governor Blanca? I am overwhelmed here at mission control.

Sirena just called but got cut off...no minutes...so I called her back and she reports Ron is going into surgery soon and Cristina is eating solid food now and feeling better, has family and friends with her and recorded a nice message for ron to hear hopefully before he goes under the knife.

Igor...thanks for the good laugh...I really needed that...I wish someone would print it out and bring it to Ron's bedside and show him.

[Edited on 9-14-2011 by shari]

Oggie - 9-14-2011 at 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jbcoug
I would like to make my contribution by credit card through Discover Baja. Is this still a practical option and is a there a means in place to get that money south quickly?

Thanks
John

Still with you Ron and Cristina, best wishes.

Yes, I just spoke with Carol at Discover Baja(800)727-2252 and they are still accepting donations on credit cards. Tomorrow afternoon she will write a check for the total donated,get cash and I will take it to Chula Vista Costco and exchange for Pesos on my way to Ensenada to drop it off ***************.

[Edited on 9-16-2011 by BajaNomad]

BajaBlanca - 9-14-2011 at 02:13 PM

I agree we should ALL write. I will certainly email him.

Shari - I too am overwhelmed, we are so busy here that i feel not able to do justice to such a serious situation.... really, you and I are both so far away - it should be someone closer - preferably in Ensenada who can meet with the Governor. I have asked wooosh to choose the person he thinks is bvest for the job !

I do not know the Governor personally but requested that my good friend, Bill, who is close to him, call him up - I haven't heard back yet, but Wooosh did good !

ocotillo - 9-14-2011 at 02:33 PM

Out of this terrible tragedy comes so much great advice and information from forum members. This will most certainly leave all of us better prepared for a medical emergency. Here's what I have listed so far:

For Veterans:

http://www.va.gov/hac/forbeneficiaries/fmp/fmp.asp The VA "ForeignMedical Program in effect in Mexico. I've called and requested a application form and information booklet.

http://www.dav.org/volunteers/documents/HSCDirectory.pdf Disabled American Veterans Hospital Service Coordinator Directory.

For Civilians and Veterans:

http://www.binationalemergency.org/membership.html Mexico Emergency Medical Evacuation. Only $45 per year!

http://www.redcross.org/www-files/Documents/pdf/Preparedness... American Red Cross Emergency Contact Card. Leaving your pertinent information with trusted friends and family is the first step. This card is a simple way we can all be more secure.

https://sites.google.com/site/overcoatservices/ They keep your contacts and vital health information available in case of an emergency.

http://www.findmespot.com/en/index.php We have a Spot Connect device. We also have the GEOS SAR Search & Rescue option. We are covered for $100,000 (two $50,000 rescue events) per year for under $20 each. We can send Check-In OK emails or texts to anyone from anywhere. Or send for Help or SOS for search & rescue. Ours requires a smart phone, but there are other options at this site. More info on coverage here: http://www.geosalliance.com/sar/

http://www.geosalliance.com/medivacplus/index.html We had been thinking about getting this additional coverage prior to this horrible violent attack on Ron & Cristina. Now we are getting it for sure before our next trip down in October. For $120.95 for individuals, $219.95 for couples and $329.95 for families you get one million dollars of coverage to get you home. It pays for emergency medical evacuation expenses to get you from the place of any incident to your home or chosen hospital wherever in the world that may be in a medically equipped and staffed aircraft. Only thing is you have to be more than 99 miles from home to be able to initiate coverage.

http://www.viber.com/ Never heard of this till we read this thread. Free calls!

Wishing Ron & Cristina a speedy recovery. You rock Nomads!

BajaBlanca - 9-14-2011 at 02:37 PM

I have another to add

D.A.N. apparently will airlift you from any spot in Baja (and eslewhere presumably)

costs around $55 a year

for divers, but anyone can be a member

I just haven't had a chance to check it out thoroughly

shari - 9-14-2011 at 02:43 PM

I was in the middle of a long letter to the gobernador when sirena called...very very upset that they have refused to operate on Ron until someone coughs up 42,000 pesos to pay the surgeon...which is half of what the surgery will cost...so can someone please find a way to get some cash down there or talk to the head of the hospital to assure them that the bill will be paid and funds are on the way...only sirena, angel and her husband are there and dont know what to do next...suggestions anyone?

ron has seguro popular and could get the operation at the General Hospital but his daugher doesnt want to move him now and he will have to wait who knows how long for this operation there as it is packed with people and not exactly an excellent facility.

[Edited on 9-14-2011 by shari]

BajaNomad - 9-14-2011 at 02:53 PM

FDT is heading to Ensenada shortly. There is $1000 already at Western Union in Ensenada waiting for him.

I'll contact some others who have stated to just let them know when & where... but maybe not enough for the total amount...

For those that wish to contribute towards the medical bills under the current circumstances, you can send those contributions to FDT via Western Union. For today, Ensenada is the best location for this. Send to: Fernando Garcia Obeso.

Western Union donations can be made over the Internet with a credit card if you desire.

FDT also figured out today he's got a bank account he hasn't been using that's still open (at Banamex). There's a Mastercard (debit card?) associated with this account, and if you contact me privately, I'll get you both the account # and the M/C # (according to FDT you can deposit to the account via the M/C at any - or most? - Soriana stores) if this option works better for you.

I can reply with this info via your choice of u2u or email. Email is: bajanomad (at) escapist.com - and of course, replace the (at) with an @.

-
Doug

[Edited on 9-14-2011 by BajaNomad]

Chrissie_Hoff - 9-14-2011 at 02:59 PM

Shari gracias por el comentario, mi papa esta estable el esta riendo con Laura. Lo que creemos es mejor seria que saldemos la cuenta con el sanatorio Del Carmen y lo operen en el hospital general, Cristina ya esta bien y recibio un bano y esta bien lucida she is fine.
Cada dia que pasa mi papa en el hospital es mas dinero y creo que ahora es la situacion catastrofica que mi papa hablaba cuando dijo que el tenia el seguro popular.

wsdunc - 9-14-2011 at 03:02 PM

It seems that a call from the gobernador would probably help, maybe you should finish the letter Shari. (I am assuming you mean email). Carol at Discover Baja had said that she was impressed by all the donations that had been coming in from Nomads, but I am not certain they are as impressive as 42,000 pesos, If that much has been raised maybe a phone call from her could help. I seem to be pretty good at volunteering other people.

Woooosh - 9-14-2011 at 03:03 PM

Withholding treatment for MORE cash? I'm biting my tongue hard.

shari - 9-14-2011 at 03:05 PM

I finished the letter and talked about the refusal to operate and that the funds had been raised to pay the bill but the cash wouldnt arrive for another few days and pleaded with them to phone the hospital...but somehow I rather doubt the wheels turn that fast in the government.

I would love maybe Ferna to call someone in the government personally or yes maybe Carol could call the hospital too.

Katiejay99 - 9-14-2011 at 03:05 PM

Woosh - so am I. Believe me, so am I. Frustration is my middle name right now.

Chrissy - I totally agree with you - what is the amount due at the current hospital right now?

[Edited on 9-14-2011 by Katiejay99]

Bahige - 9-14-2011 at 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chrissie_Hoff
Shari gracias por el comentario, mi papa esta estable el esta riendo con Laura. Lo que creemos es mejor seria que saldemos la cuenta con el sanatorio Del Carmen y lo operen en el hospital general, Cristina ya esta bien y recibio un bano y esta bien lucida she is fine.
Cada dia que pasa mi papa en el hospital es mas dinero y creo que ahora es la situacion catastrofica que mi papa hablaba cuando dijo que el tenia el seguro popular.

Hospital General vale madre.

Sería mejor mudar a su padre a una sala de emergencia en los EE.UU.. Al menos puede toma una MRI.

Chrissie_Hoff - 9-14-2011 at 03:15 PM

Same amount $42,606 pesos. I was on the phone with Laura and she is happy with the treatment they are providing to Cristina. She is eating and fully remembers everything that happened that day. Cristina took a bath and is in good shape right now.
Im trying to collect funds now but the most important part right now is to have my dad out and get him into surgery.
If we are able to move my dad right now he maybe in surgery in a few hours.

MRI Costs

Gypsy Jan - 9-14-2011 at 03:20 PM

Imagen in Tijuana charged me about $400 U.S. for an MRI about four years ago.

If my information is correct, an MRI the U.S. costs way upward of $2,000 U.S.

Katiejay99 - 9-14-2011 at 03:22 PM

Chrissy: I know this is all very hard on you, it's a big responsibility and I am sure you worry about your dad not having any US Insurance. Your father must have had faith in the Seguro Popular for him to have taken that insurance out in case of a catastrophe. You do what you feel is right, maybe talk to Cristina if you can. We would all love to see him in a US hospital I think mostly because they don't play games about money being paid up front and he would get excellent, immediate care. Good luck and hang in there. We all want what's best for you dad as well.

Neal Johns - 9-14-2011 at 03:22 PM

What is the phone number at the Hospital where Ron is?

A name if available would help - and I will call Carol at Discover Baja and see if she will call and tell them a significant amount is headed that way.

larryC - 9-14-2011 at 03:28 PM

Quote:
I have another to add

D.A.N. apparently will airlift you from any spot in Baja (and eslewhere presumably)

costs around $55 a year

for divers, but anyone can be a member

I just haven't had a chance to check it out thoroughly

Dan is excellent worldwide medevac ins. and although it was started for the diving community, their service is open to all. $45 to $55 a year for the whole family.
I would think that DAN
http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/
coupled with
http://www.binationalemergency.org/membership.html
would cover most any emergency in Mexico.
Just my $.02
Larry

Chrissie_Hoff - 9-14-2011 at 03:34 PM

Alicia is at the front desk

shari - 9-14-2011 at 03:38 PM

i called Carol and she called the hospital and they gave her an account where she could send the money today and sirena said they were going to operate this afternoon so you need to call Laura or Sirena if you want to transfer him to General.

BajaBlanca - 9-14-2011 at 03:41 PM

I can't believe it - but I asked a friend and this is in fact customary - pay first is the rule here in Mexico....that being said, I have drafted a note to the governor that all of you can send to his email...My Mexican friends say that this will put pressure on the governor to do the right thing...

email address: gestoriasgobbc@gmail.com

ESTIMADO LIC. JOSE GUADALUPE OSUNA MILLAN

GOBERNADOR CONSTITUCIONAL DEL ESTADO DE BAJA CALIFORNIA

POR MEDIO DE LA PRESENTE, NOS PERMITIMOS HACER DE SU CONOCIMIENTO LO SUCEDIDO EL DIA SABADO 10 DEL MES DE SEPTIEMBRE, EN EL POBLADO DE SAN QUINTIN, B.C. FUERON ATACADOS POR LADRONES ES SEÑOR AMERICANO RONALD HOFF Y SU ESPOSA CRISTINA MONTES. EL SR. HOFF SE ENCUENTRA ACTUALMENTE EN ESTADO GRAVE EN EL SANATORIO DEL CARMEN EN LA CIUDAD DE ENSENADA, B.C., POR LO CUAL SOLICITO SU INTERVENCION PARA ESTAR SEGUROS QUE RECIBA UNA ATENCION MEDICA DE PRIMER NIVEL.

EN ESPERA DE UNA FAVORABLE RESPUESTA ME DESPIDO DE USTED.

*****PUT YOUR NAME HERE*******

[Edited on 9-14-2011 by BajaBlanca]

[Edited on 9-14-2011 by BajaBlanca]

Shimmer - 9-14-2011 at 03:43 PM

The compassion and caring coming forth from Nomads is astounding and miraculous. Blessings to All.

Katiejay99 - 9-14-2011 at 03:46 PM

Hi Shari - if serena has Telcel or Movistar, can't anyone go to a local Telcel or Movistar office and pay for time to be put on her phone, thereby giving her more than 99 pesos at a time?

Of course that would only pertain to those of us in Mexico - not sure if it can be online or not.

[Edited on 9-14-2011 by Katiejay99]

shari - 9-14-2011 at 03:52 PM

excellent blanca thanks

yes anyone can can help sirena out with minutes which she burns through calling me long distance...too bad mission control is in another state!

way to go Carol at Discover Baja...excellent work at getting funds wired...ron is getting prepped for surgery now and is more lucid.

fdt - 9-14-2011 at 03:54 PM

Ok I'm out of here. Only 2 donations. but I need to take it NOW to Ensenada.
If anyone else is interested in helping please western Union Ensenada, Fernando Garcia Obeso and please U2U Doug, Mr. Bajanomad and give him the numbers, we will be comunicating via Nextel.
BTW my nextel is 152*1025112*5.

On my way Ron......

JESSE - 9-14-2011 at 03:59 PM

80,000 pesos for the jaw operation? is this right?:o

BajaBlanca - 9-14-2011 at 04:00 PM

I posted the translation too soon and it got lost in limbo, so I summarize:

mr governor

mr hoss, american, and his wife were attacked by thieves inthe town of san quintin. he is currently in serious condition at the sanatorio xxxx. we ask that you intercede on his behalf to guarantee he get first class treatment.

be sure to put your name at the bottom and the governor's email address is:

gestoriasgobbc@gmail.com

Chrissie_Hoff - 9-14-2011 at 04:02 PM

Lora spoke with my dad and he is so happy!!! He is overwhelmed with all the support the nomads are providing to him and Cristina!!! He sends lots of Thank you and he cant wait to be able to join the group again!!

Skipjack Joe - 9-14-2011 at 04:05 PM

That's great to hear.

redmesa - 9-14-2011 at 04:07 PM

Thanks you, Blanca. I sent the letter. We will see if he notices our appeals.
Suzanne

[Edited on 9-14-2011 by redmesa]

Chrissie_Hoff - 9-14-2011 at 04:11 PM

I sent the letter too!

DENNIS - 9-14-2011 at 04:20 PM

Quote:
it should be someone closer - preferably in Ensenada who can meet with the Governor.

What time can he get to Sharky's? I'm waiting. :biggrin:

wessongroup - 9-14-2011 at 04:21 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Good to see things already getting back to normal... :):)

[Edited on 9-14-2011 by wessongroup]

DENNIS - 9-14-2011 at 04:26 PM

Quote:
I would love maybe Ferna to call someone in the government personally or yes maybe Carol could call the hospital too.

This is a private hospital. They owe nobody anything. The government has no control over this if it isn't a life threatning situation.....which a broken jaw is not.

woody with a view - 9-14-2011 at 04:27 PM

i sent an email.

DENNIS - 9-14-2011 at 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh

What? Are you surprised? It's a private hospital and they work for profit. His broken jaw won't affect his life....or death.

DENNIS - 9-14-2011 at 04:30 PM

Quote:

Speak English here. We're all involved.

Neal Johns - 9-14-2011 at 04:34 PM

Carol (owner) of Discover Baja has just talked to Chrissie Hoff and is wiring $5,000 dollars down to get things started within the half hour. Nice Lady.

Ken Cooke - 9-14-2011 at 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh

My Wife Leidys says that in Colombia, it is the same policy for expensive operations.

KASHEYDOG - 9-14-2011 at 04:37 PM

Quote:
I can't believe it - but I asked a friend and this is in fact customary - pay first is the rule here in Mexico....that being said, I have drafted a note to the governor that all of you can send to his email...My Mexican friends say that this will put pressure on the governor to do the right thing...

POR MEDIO DE LA PRESENTE, NOS PERMITIMOS HACER DE SU CONOCIMIENTO LO SUCEDIDO EL DIA SABADO 10 DEL MES DE SEPTIEMBRE, EN EL POBLADO DE SAN QUINTIN, B.C. FUERON ATACADOS POR LADRONES ES SEÑOR AMERICANO RONALD HOFF Y SU ESPOSA CRISTINA MONTES. EL SR. HOFF SE ENCUENTRA ACTUALMENTE EN ESTADO GRAVE EN EL SANATORIO DEL CARMEN EN LA CIUDAD DE ENSENADA, B.C., POR LO CUAL SOLICITO SU INTERVENCION PARA ESTAR SEGUROS QUE RECIBA UNA ATENCION MEDICA DE PRIMER NIVEL.

Thanks Blanca....:)....DONE. Easy to do. Everybody needs to do it to get some attention. Do it NOW, people

DENNIS - 9-14-2011 at 04:37 PM

OK....so now that Ron's all recuperrated and eating burgers, perhaps we can discuss getting him out of the money mill.

Neal Johns - 9-14-2011 at 04:40 PM

Right on, Dennis.
Machine Translated:

Shari thanks for the comment, my father is stable he is laughing with Laura. What we believe is best if the account balances sanatorium Del Carmen and operating in the general hospital, Cristina is already well and received a bath and is well lucida she is fine.
Each day that passes my dad in the hospital is more money and I think now is the catastrophic situation that my father spoke when he said the people had insurance.

shari - 9-14-2011 at 04:51 PM

gracias chrissie...si quieres comunicar conmigo talvez seria mejor por U2U...eres mas facil entender en espanol....voy intentar hablarte para aclarar las cosas.mandame tu # tel por U2U porfa.

Dennis, things are stated more clearly by chrissie in spanish...at least I understand her better in spanish so bear with us...she's new at this but there is no rule that one must speak english.

So she says her dad is stable and laughing with Laura and that it would be good to pay the bill at Del Carmen and get over to the General Hospital where Cristina is fine and got bathed today and is lucid.
She is worried that each day that passes in there is more money and her dad prepared for a catastrofic event with the insurance he has of seguro popular.

She wanted me to know that Laura has spoken to Ron and is good spirits...or maybe just leave it at spirited....we are all getting a better grip on what is going on with wife cristina in the loop now albeit still very weak and overwhelmed...she is a very bright, capable, level headed woman and desicions are being taken by the family as a whole now...hopefully after getting his jaw wired on right, Ron will make his wishes known.

The great great great news is that he is concious and coming back around to the world after a very traumatic ordeal...go ron go...but please try to take time to heal and not get stressed out. thank goodness angel & her husband are there now to assist in what will happen next.The best case scenario is for Cristina to be by his side which will be best for both of them.

So to recap... the money is getting to the hospital today...Ron is probably on the table right now so lets all send him a big cadillac margarita to get through this ordeal...or a prayer!

I'm not sure what the decision is to stay or move him yet...stay tuned

shari - 9-14-2011 at 04:57 PM

chrissie...please take the time to write a personal letter to the govenor in spanish explaining your dilema and ask him to appoyarte...help in some way.

does anyone know if Ron likes onions on his burger? :lol:maybe Jesse could fedex one down to Del Carmen and throw in one for the duty nurse too please...actually I can hear Sirenita's stomach growling from here...all hell, send down a dozen...oh I forgot there are only 3 people there.:saint:

yup back to our regular programming

Ken Cooke - 9-14-2011 at 05:02 PM

Quote:
back to our regular programming

Son Paul in Buenos Aires, Argentina knows about the "Car Crash". I explained to him (in Spanish) details about his Father's recuperation. He also read the on-line on-line news article pertaining to Ron and his wife's assault.

bajafam - 9-14-2011 at 05:22 PM

Has anyone thought to contact the US Consulate? By my understanding, they are there to assist in occasions such as this - to aid in getting medical assistance, to aid when one is a victim of a crime and unable to pay for things? I.e, legitimate and proven poverty? Is this an avenue that has been looked into for helping pay the bills to get Ron the surgery? Or is that not an option for any reason? Just thinking out loud, but it occurred to me while we are driving north that I didn't recall the US Consulate being mentioned in this thread at all.

woody with a view - 9-14-2011 at 05:28 PM

i doubt Ron is destitute....

jureal - 9-14-2011 at 05:29 PM

The consulate was mentioned way back where it was stated that they will not intervene when the person involved has dual citizenship and is in the country where he has citizenship. Ron took Mexican citizenship a while ago according to the source. They will only intervene if Ron was in the US. In Mexico, he is a Mexican citizen.

BajaNomad - 9-14-2011 at 05:30 PM

Update... to the best of my knowledge...

- Del Carmen hospital is waiting on having cash-in-hand (at least half of it apparently) before performing surgery on broken jaw.

- Ron will not be going to the General Hospital.

- FDT is en route to Ensenada Western Union to pick up and deliver some donated funds to family.

- Carol Kramer of Discover Baja is sending some donated funds (an amount specifically requested) via Western Union directly to the doctor/hospital at 8pm this evening. The hospital/doctor has indicated with this payment they will operate on Ron at 7am tomorrow morning. Carol said to let you know she's really overwhelmed by the generosity she's seen.

- Angels4 reports that Ron is off sedation and was getting agitated again early today - partially (or wholly?) because nobody was answering his questions about Cristina and where she was. Angels4 had Cristina record a voice message to play to Ron that told him to listen to the doctors, and be calm, etc... and that when they played that recording for Ron, he absolutely became calm, comforted and cooperative after hearing that recorded message from her.

- There's been some discussion amongst us that it seems the hospital prices "might" be fluctuating somewhat due to a number of reasons, one of which is the potential for what's posted in this thread. So I request there be NO further indications about what's been/being given/received. There's no problem in discussing what the hospital's fees requested are though. If you're going to help with donations, let's keep the #'s private, or at-least offline for now.

- Cristina's doing very well as has been posted previously.

DENNIS - 9-14-2011 at 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajafam
Has anyone thought to contact the US Consulate? By my understanding, they are there to assist in occasions such as this - to aid in getting medical assistance, to aid when one is a victim of a crime and unable to pay for things? I.e, legitimate and proven poverty? Is this an avenue that has been looked into for helping pay the bills to get Ron the surgery? Or is that not an option for any reason? Just thinking out loud, but it occurred to me while we are driving north that I didn't recall the US Consulate being mentioned in this thread at all.

Hi Sweetie...... Forget it. They couldn't care less.

Oh ....yeah....it was mentioned around a million pages back.

bajafam - 9-14-2011 at 05:32 PM

Okay, gotcha. Just thought to throw that out there, I wasn't sure about his citizenship status. Thank you for clearing that up. Just trying to think of alternate ways to get him the help that he needs.
Prays still going out to him and Cristina.

shari - 9-14-2011 at 05:32 PM

umm...change of location on some of those burgers to be delivered...and the other hospital warriors are now at Ensenada General which I hear is rather uncomfortable...

Ron's will need to be blended and in the form of a smoothy but he will most likely want it tonight seeing as his jaw wont be getting adjusted any time soon...manana is the prognosis. The surgeon who would have operated has other surgeries to perform over at Ensenada General...he could do the operation over there but wouldnt be able to get to it for a couple days maybe...so a decision was reached to operate tomorrow there and the doc says he'll be ready to go in a couple days...or perhaps he will move over to the competition's...

Since today's dilema seems to be money, maybe a fundraising pool is in order to determine when Ron's transfer/release/escape will be...who is up for designing it, (I need a sunset walk on the beach) it could have bets on the date, time and method of gettin out of out....prolly have to do it via U2U for legal purposes...hahahaha

Seriously folks...i personally want to thank from the very bottom of my heart all of you who have donated $ to help Ron & Cristina survive this nightmare...and you who have donated time and effort, sent phone minutes to Sirena, went down to the hospital to visit and try to help, those of you who sent prayers and energy their way, and all of you who are going to continue to help them out. Please think about fund raising ideas and continue to donate even a little bit to the paypal account...write letters to the governor and mention you want to see these dirtbags rot in hell...ooops...sorry...get their just punishment.

any and all suggestions are appreciated and for goodness sake, get those girls some food down there at the Ensenada General..sneak in a new mix for sirena..she's gonna need it.

rts551 - 9-14-2011 at 05:35 PM

We just finished with the hospital after a race crash. A word to every one....they needed cash up front. Fortunately we had friends in the area

BajaNomad - 9-14-2011 at 05:38 PM

Quote:
continue to donate even a little bit to the paypal account...
Unless I missed it, there's no paypal account involved at this time.

95% has been via Western Union to Ensenada today. I guesstimate about 5% or less to a Banamex bank account. If anyone needs the bank account info, send me an email or U2U for more info.

Western Union to Ensenada for Fernando Garcia Obeso (Nomad "FDT").

Thx.

KASHEYDOG - 9-14-2011 at 05:38 PM

Just got off the Nextel # with Fernando (FDT ). He just got to Ensenada and is trying to find the hospital. He's going to call me back later and let me know what western union agent to send funds to so he won't have to be running all around. He's thinking right now of the ELEKTRA agents or EKT as it is on the western union web site. Soon as I hear I'll let you all know. He has turned off his U.S. cell phone due to costs down there. If anybody needs to get a message to him you can call me and I can relay it via Nextel 2-way radio. My number is 619 990 0270 or I guess you can call his Baja cell # at 011 52 1664 116 5788 from the states and you guys down there can figure out that number from there I'm sure..:yes: I'm happy to relay anything for those of you in the states.

[Edited on 9-15-11 by KASHEYDOG]

DENNIS - 9-14-2011 at 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajafam
Okay, gotcha.

Can you imagine his mental state at this moment if he wasn't a Nomad with all the support?

Things could be worse.

KASHEYDOG - 9-14-2011 at 05:41 PM

BTW for those of you who have Nextel my number is 125*136811*8

bajafam - 9-14-2011 at 05:46 PM

I wish we could do more....
I have been trying to follow the thread as best as I can due to sketchy internet and being out of the loop. We have gotten updates from Shari and Mulegena and have been praying for their speedy recovery. Sorry I missed the mention of the Consulate ( as I said I wasn't sure if it was a viable resource ). I am glad to hear good news and that there is a band of Good Samaritans out there disguised as Nomads. You all are amazing when the s**t hits the fan.
Continued prayers....

KASHEYDOG - 9-14-2011 at 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
OK....so now that Ron's all recuperrated and eating burgers, perhaps we can discuss getting him out of the money mill.

DENNIS !!!! Don't make me come down there..:lol:

DENNIS - 9-14-2011 at 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KASHEYDOG
DENNIS !!!! Don't make me come down there..:lol:

It would be a pleasure to see you, Dick.
Thanks.

David K - 9-14-2011 at 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KASHEYDOG
Quote:

Thanks Blanca....:)....DONE. Easy to do. Everybody needs to do it to get some attention. Do it NOW, people

I just sent it... I put 'Ron Hoff, en hospital Ensenada' in the subject line.

shari - 9-14-2011 at 06:00 PM

ooops...i thought about 400 pages ago I saw it mentioned...wishful thinking...it's a slower process but could be fast if someone just did a bank transfer to the appropriate bank account, got it withdrawn and pay the bills...like if I have a grand in my bank account and I transfer it to FDT and people deposit into my paypal account which will in 5 days get into my bank account...am I making any sense at all? anybody have an account with any money in it? jajajaja...and a paypal

excellent update King Nomad...i'm never quite sure how much to divulge.

JESSE - 9-14-2011 at 06:10 PM

Don't expect much from the governor.

lizard lips - 9-14-2011 at 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Quote:
Originally posted by fdt

So, do I go tomorrow?

Absolutely!

Please confirm or deny lizard lips observations once and for all. It would give us a measure of peace.

This is one of the reasons I am done with this......Ron and Christine I hope it all works out somehow and for those Nomads who who have their head placed directly in their ass-pee off

shari - 9-14-2011 at 06:14 PM

uta mano Jesse...when I saw you replied, I was hopin for a confirmation on the IN n OUT burger order...ditto on the gob by the way but it cant hurt...ya never know but prolly the Ron's Release Pool would generate more pesos.

TheColoradoDude - 9-14-2011 at 06:22 PM

This is the link to the website called Babblebug.net to add minutes to cell phones.

I have used it several times in the past and it works instantly.

http://babblebug.net/international_cellular/telcel-amigo-rec...

shari - 9-14-2011 at 06:28 PM

hey that's pretty nifty thanks dude! boy we are learning all kinds of neat tricks throughout all of this...there is a silver lining somewhere, I just know it.

JESSE - 9-14-2011 at 06:36 PM

Quote:
uta mano Jesse...when I saw you replied, I was hopin for a confirmation on the IN n OUT burger order...ditto on the gob by the way but it cant hurt...ya never know but prolly the Ron's Release Pool would generate more pesos.

I am not trying to be negative, but the man isn't exactly popular for doing the right things. Thats why he lost by a landslide in the past elections. Maybe if he reads this:

DO THE RIGHT THING MAN!!!!

redmesa - 9-14-2011 at 06:38 PM

I am a wee bit literal...so this is the question WHAT DO WE WANT TO SHOUT TO HIM! WHAT IS THE RIGHT THING!

KASHEYDOG - 9-14-2011 at 06:51 PM

6:49 PM Just talked to "FDT", Fernando. He just left Christina and said she is doing much better. Fernando is on the way to see Ron and he's going to get with the hospital officials and get an accounting of all charges, to keep them "honest" . More to come later as I get it....:yes:

[Edited on 9-15-11 by KASHEYDOG]

BajaNomad - 9-14-2011 at 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ridge
Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips...one of the reasons I am done with this...
I for one greatly appreciated your efforts on Ron(and Cristina's) behalf.

That there is sincere dissent as to the medical significance of your observations matters not. I have not one doubt you reported what you saw and heard as accurately as possible.

Thank you for that. And to all the others able to express themselves with tact, respect, and grace in such a pressured situation.

Hear, hear...

Pompano - 9-14-2011 at 06:53 PM

TO DONATE FUNDS FOR HOSPITAL BILLS:

Discover Baja
3264 Governor Drive
San Diego, Ca. 92122

619-275-4225 or 800-727-2252. Talk to Carol.

Credit cards are okay.

It is the fastest and easiest. Phone call = done deal.

Pompano - 9-14-2011 at 06:55 PM

Finest kind, lizard lips.

KASHEYDOG - 9-14-2011 at 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Quote:
Originally posted by ridge
Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips...one of the reasons I am done with this...
I for one greatly appreciated your efforts on Ron(and Cristina's) behalf.

That there is sincere dissent as to the medical significance of your observations matters not. I have not one doubt you reported what you saw and heard as accurately as possible.

Thank you for that. And to all the others able to express themselves with tact, respect, and grace in such a pressured situation.

Hear, hear...

I"LL SECOND THAT, Doug :yes:..:yes:

Let's keep it positive people..:yes:..

DENNIS - 9-14-2011 at 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
This one of the reasons I am done with this......Ron and Christine I hope it all works out somehow and for those Nomads who who have their head placed directly in their ass-pee off

Fully understood. I would more than repel from having my reports questioned by anybody....moreso people on a keyboard a thousand miles away.
How dare anyone here have the balls to demand verification of another Nomad's eye-witness report.
Totally disrespectful.

Neal Johns - 9-14-2011 at 07:04 PM

Now that a Nomad has posted a website for use by phoneless people to recharge phones:

http://babblebug.net/international_cellular/telcel-amigo-rec...

What is Sirena's provider and phone number?

EnsenadaDr - 9-14-2011 at 07:06 PM

OMG!!! I FINALLY got in here!! Doug Means sent me a new password, and I am off and running...after I deleted all my cookies and tried my old password about a dozen times, I got the new one and on the first try...it worked...anyways....I want to relate something VERY strange today...I work in a community clinic during the day, and one of the male nurses relayed to me today that he also works in Hospital Del Carmen...in the ICU...wow coincidences abound!!! I am here to answer any of your questions as best I can...

redmesa - 9-14-2011 at 07:12 PM

WOW!!! You are most welcome here.

[Edited on 9-15-2011 by redmesa]

DENNIS - 9-14-2011 at 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
OMG!!! I FINALLY got in here!! Doug Means sent me a new password, and I am off and running...after I deleted all my cookies and tried my old password about a dozen times, I got the new one and on the first try...it worked...anyways....I want to relate something VERY strange today...I work in a community clinic during the day, and one of the male nurses relayed to me today that he also works in Hospital Del Carmen...in the ICU...wow coincidences abound!!! I am here to answer any of your questions as best I can...

Hey....this is Dra. Janene. Lets give her a big welcome.
clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclapclap

BajaBlanca - 9-14-2011 at 07:22 PM

thanks God for sending us EnsenadaDr.

I also asked someone to visit the hospital and take a peek at ron, He did and his comments were that by looking thru a ittle window, he could see that Ron was sitting up. coughing., quiet.

He will revisit tomorrow. He also mentioned that this is considered a horrible hospital :(

If enough of us send a note to the governor, I would be amazed that he didn't respond. But I am an eternal believer in miracles.

Go Ron. Go Cristina.

and lizard lips, I thought was you did was heroic and we ourselves, because of what you did, have already contacted a very good Mexican amigo to be our "brother" if we ever have the unfortunate experience of ending up in a hospital.

tiotomasbcs - 9-14-2011 at 07:24 PM

Welcome, Dra. Many here are frustrated! The truth and nothing but the truth. Gracias. Tio

tripledigitken - 9-14-2011 at 07:24 PM

Quote:

Thank you Dr. Is it probable that Ron was taken offsite and given MRI's? Is there anyway it can be confirmed? Is it your opinion, given his condition, that it is a test that absolutely be given, or can a Dr. dismiss the need based on visual inspection. If ones were taken can they now be given to another Dr. for their opinion?

Thanks

shari - 9-14-2011 at 07:28 PM

yup if it werent for my favorite lizard, I would have gone crazy with worry...he stepped up to the plate as a first responder at the scene and got a visual...answered my calls and passed on excellent info...how anyone could doubt him is a mystery to me....a very deep bow to you and Dennis the can man.

BajaNomad - 9-14-2011 at 07:28 PM

btw... I've removed the tel# of the hospital that was posted a little while ago today....

While Discover Baja is making one payment directly to the hospital/doctor today, please use one of the three suggestions that have been made. It's *extremely* difficult to account for any other payments that are sent to the hospital this way.

Suggestions are:

- Discover Baja, through Friday.
- Western Union to Fernando Garcia Obeso in Ensenada (through Friday, and then possibly to Christine Hoff - or other family member - after that?).
- Direct bank account transfer to Fernando Garcia Obeso's separate Banamex acct (u2u me for #'s).

Although DB made a Western Union payment today, I believe the plan is for someone to drive the remaining funds down to deliver to the family on Friday (?). I'd like to protect them from any potential issues that could arise by recommending using one of the latter two options.

:biggrin:

[Edited on 9-15-2011 by BajaNomad]

BajaNomad - 9-14-2011 at 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken

Is it probable that Ron was taken offsite and given MRI's? Is there anyway it can be confirmed?

fyi...

My understanding is that there's been a CT-scan, but no MRI performed.

Doctora?

:)

[Edited on 9-15-2011 by BajaNomad]

DENNIS - 9-14-2011 at 07:43 PM

Hey...Janene. That's you. Could they have done a Cat Scan in house?

Don't make me call you. :lol:

[Edited on 9-15-2011 by DENNIS]

EnsenadaDr - 9-14-2011 at 07:46 PM

According to a reliable source, there was a CT scan performed, and that is all that can be confirmed at this time. Velmar does not have an MRI. The only place in Ensenada that has an MRI is Burboa Radiology that I know of. It is highly doubtful that he was transported to Burboa considering his condition.

[Edited on 9-15-2011 by EnsenadaDr]

tripledigitken - 9-14-2011 at 07:50 PM

Quote:
According to a reliable source, there was a CT scan performed, and that is all that can be confirmed at this time. Velmar does not have an MRI. The only place in Ensenada that has an MRI is Balboa Radiology that I know of. It is highly doubtful that he was transported to Balboa considering his condition.

Dr,

Thanks for you reply. Was the CT the correct diagnostic, in your opinion? Is the patient given a copy of the scan for another opinion?

Thanks again

DENNIS - 9-14-2011 at 07:50 PM

Soooo...they have those capabilities at Del Carmen.
Thanks Dra.

shari - 9-14-2011 at 08:01 PM

hey kids...run out and look at the amazing moon rise...quick...I wished upon a star while I was out there for the complete recovery and positive outcome of this desmadre.

EnsenadaDr - 9-14-2011 at 08:03 PM

I am not sure where he had it. I will ask my source tomorrow.

DENNIS - 9-14-2011 at 08:09 PM

Quote:
I am not sure where he had it. I will ask my source tomorrow.

Thank You.

By the way....welcome to BajaNomad.

EnsenadaDr - 9-14-2011 at 08:12 PM

From what I have just read, a CT of the head is better to detect bleeding on the brain than an MRI. So this is why the hospital chose a CT scan. The diagnostics seem to be adequate, but without the cash flow, the treatment will be limited.

Cisco - 9-14-2011 at 08:27 PM

Quote:
hey kids...run out and look at the amazing moon rise...quick...I wished upon a star while I was out there for the complete recovery and positive outcome of this desmadre.

Thank You Shari.

It is here and wished upon NOB on the beach in P.B.

Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10  ..  14