BajaNomad

Rosarito Beach Open Pro-Am Surf Contest

BajaGeoff - 10-1-2011 at 11:21 AM

Here's a short video from the Rosarito Beach Open surf contest that I put on last week. Beautiful weather, really fun surf and some serious talent made it a great day!

Rosarito Beach Open International Surf Contest

Enjoy!

Woooosh - 10-1-2011 at 11:37 AM

nice!

woody with a view - 10-1-2011 at 11:46 AM

the advances in equipment are incredible. where were the Mexican finalists?

let us know next time before the next contest will take place. i've got some swag to donate to the cause....

FWIW, i have some 110 film of that same sandbar WAAAAY before the pier!

good job, G.

shari - 10-1-2011 at 12:42 PM

hey geoff, that was sweet thanks....what kind of video cam do you have?
Love those lip rides man....I'd like to talk to ya about the sponsors sometime as we sure could use a couple at the surf contests down here.

Terry28 - 10-1-2011 at 12:55 PM

Nice............goofy foot heaven..

BajaRat - 10-1-2011 at 08:49 PM

Thanks,
Poitive vibrations yea!!!!!!!!!!! Positive

BajaGeoff - 10-2-2011 at 10:40 AM

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone!

Woody....it was a very last minute thing that I had 5 weeks to put together. Unfortunately, I was judging the bodyboard division, so I did not have a chance to shoot any video. In addition, most of the top local surfers from Baja were at a national contest, so we did not get as many locals as we were hoping. If we do it again next year, we will have a lot more time to plan it out. Would love to see that footage someday!

Shari...the camera is a Canon Vixia HG21. Not super fancy but it gets the job done! Let me know when you start planning your contest next time around and I can see about getting stuff donated for the kiddies!