BajaNomad

Lucy goes camping at the Sacramento River.

Packoderm - 11-23-2011 at 12:25 PM

Two weeks ago, the Sacramento chapter of Burning Man had an all night shin dig at Rio Ramaza marina about 5 miles from the Sacramento International Airport. It went on from 6:00 at night until 6:00 then next morning with two different live bands making appearances and a geodesic dome playing loud, loud dj music ALL night. It rained a bit which added to the hard core feel to it. Everything was gifted by attendees including a keg of beer supplied by my camp. We showed up two weeks later to just do a local campout for a few days. The 10x20 carport and propane heater was key to having a comfortable camping experience to still get to be outside despite a few spells of rain and wind. Otherwise, we'd be cooped up in the motorhome much of the time. The camp was directly under the route of jet airplanes arriving into Sacramento, but I kind of liked watching them come through so low and slow.

Lucy cooping herself in the motorhome:

The carport set up:

View from the carport:

We're set up way in the back where nobody can even see us.

We had some visitors from home show up:

There was plenty of firewood to be found:

You can barely make out lucy hiding out in Jimmy's jacket:

David K - 11-23-2011 at 12:43 PM

Very nice!

Mulegena - 11-23-2011 at 01:17 PM

Great Time and super memories for all... btw, that portable campfire is the bomb! (common in Baja but never on stilts)

BigOly - 11-23-2011 at 01:36 PM

NICE BUT I COULDN'T SEE THE LADIES FACE.

Packoderm - 11-23-2011 at 01:38 PM

Space...the final frontier, and we're sending only the best...

...and he seemed so confident.

The burn barrel got quite a bit of use during Burning Man from one of our sister camps. Since I was the local guy, I ended up with all the stuff.

shari - 11-23-2011 at 06:38 PM

ahhhh....so nice to see Lucy girl enjoying herself and carrying on the party tradition...way to go Lucy and you Packoderm for giving her such a wonderful new life NOB...the other dogs around here still talk about what a lucky dog she is...thanks for the photos amigo and give loosey lucy a kiss for us.

mcfez - 11-23-2011 at 09:26 PM

Packoderm ..
I thought I saw your campfire! You darn near passed us...we are 4 miles from the airport. Next time..stop by our farm and camp here :-)

Packoderm - 11-23-2011 at 10:05 PM

Is your farm on the river? That was the big attraction: to just sit there and watch it flow by.

missionmike - 11-24-2011 at 11:30 AM

Nice campsite and photos! About 2 years ago on our drive down to Baja there was a detour off I-5 before the airport, that detour took us along the river past lovely scenery and homes eventually dumping us out in the middle of Sacramento, where! we managed in time,to find I-5 again!!!!
Thanks for sharing Mike

mcfez - 11-28-2011 at 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Packoderm
Is your farm on the river? That was the big attraction: to just sit there and watch it flow by.

We're about 4 miles away. We look at the tree line each day through the fields. We also see the the Sac Inter AP clearly. We just discovered that campsite last year! Very nice and lower than the main road. Nice camp hosts?