BajaNomad

DIRTDOGS 2011 TRIP, EDITED VIDEO

DEVEAU - 12-2-2011 at 10:21 AM

http://youtu.be/FBSVRZO_3rg

Here is a sample video we shot during our Thanksgiving ride.

I'll work on the trip report over the weekend.

http://youtu.be/Enl8A_qL2IE

Here is an edited clip, check-out the different camera angles. By my Brother Dave.

[Edited on 12-6-2011 by DEVEAU]

motoged - 12-2-2011 at 10:27 AM

Muy Bueno...nothing like slapping cactus with elbows and knees.

:cool:

David K - 12-2-2011 at 10:30 AM

GREAT!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Is that the Bill Nichols trail, and approx. what area of Baja?

[Edited on 12-2-2011 by David K]

motoged - 12-2-2011 at 10:36 AM

Yep....I have $100P saying it is in BoLA area (Window Rock Trail or the loooonnnnngggg day to the Pacific and back). Bill has scouted out so many great rides....some people will loosely refer to his routes generically as a Bill Nichols Trail....while I believe the one specific ride with that moniker is from Catavina to El Rosario.

Oh, DAvid, if you ever pass through El Rosario, check out the Baja Cactus motel...GREAT rates and wonderful staff :biggrin:

[Edited on 12-2-2011 by motoged]

dirtbikr - 12-2-2011 at 10:36 AM

very very jealous, where were you riding? ever need an extra, Im in!

DEVEAU - 12-2-2011 at 10:41 AM

Window Rock, it ROCKS!

motoged - 12-2-2011 at 10:42 AM

Okay...where do I pick up the $100P ?:?:

David K - 12-2-2011 at 10:48 AM

For us non-motorcycle owners, where is Window Rock?

DEVEAU - 12-2-2011 at 10:51 AM

El Crucero area.

David K - 12-2-2011 at 11:05 AM

Thanks... That is beautiful country... The vegetation is pretty heavy. I have searched for traces of El Camino Real between Tinaja de Yubay and Calamajue Canyon. It is described to be near the base of the sierra just east of El Crucero. Maybe that is what Bill found and uses some of?

I have spotted the mission trail (?) just east of Yubay heading towards San Borja... this is from space images... Seeing it on the ground is better!

Anyway, thank you and I look forward to your trip report!

motoged - 12-3-2011 at 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

David,
If we told ya....well, we don't want to have to kill you.... :biggrin:

It is essentially northwest of BoLA...ish

David K - 12-3-2011 at 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Quote:

David,
If we told ya....well, we don't want to have to kill you.... :biggrin:

It is essentially northwest of BoLA...ish

Yah, I got that from Deveau... and don't worry, I won't hire a bulldozer to change your single track into a two track! LOL

I remember when I showed Kacey Smith (Baja GPS Guide.com) the photos of TW and The squarecircle, etc. getting Roy's Land Rover up the La Turquesa Grade... She wan't happy!

In her book, she makes it sound like a motorcycle single track (The XR Ride), but it is a bulldozed mine road down that mountain. Getting across the valley floor from the mine to the grade was the hard part as the original road was all washed out. It's not like we stole a single track away from the motorcycles, afterall.

Anyway, she wasn't happy that Roy got his 4WD through... Sorry Kacey!

I met Kacey when she came to my Viva Baja party in 2000... Here she is with the late Carlos Fiesta:

Curt63 - 12-3-2011 at 07:00 PM

Sick video

DEVEAU - 12-5-2011 at 05:12 PM

Here is an edited version w/ music. Check-out the different camera angles.

http://youtu.be/Enl8A_qL2IE

[Edited on 12-6-2011 by DEVEAU]

motoged - 12-5-2011 at 10:39 PM

That link doesn't load for me....I get the Youtube site but the download icon just keeps spinning....no vid....wassup?:?:

DEVEAU - 12-6-2011 at 08:52 AM

I just tried it and it loaded?. Search "1DEVO46" on youtube, that should bring up all my brothers stuff.

Iflyfish - 12-6-2011 at 09:14 AM

Wow!! Great video, thanks for taking us on that ride! The photography is terrific, felt like I was there jumping ruts and dodging cacti.

What great suspension on your ride, a dream ride next to the old beasts I used to put between my legs.

Thanks for sharing these amazing videos.

Iflyfish

David K - 12-6-2011 at 09:27 AM

It worked for me, very nice!...

On another of the clips... the one called Creek about 30 seconds long... where was that? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F2smbxGFSE&feature=mfu_i...

[Edited on 12-6-2011 by David K]

Bajafun777 - 12-6-2011 at 09:41 AM

Jumping ruts can be fun until the ruts completely cross over roadway when going full out then your jump better be on the mark,LOL. Use to do this a lot in the past but those days are gone and never coming back, so street riding just has to take the FUN ride for me now,Hmmm. Take Care & Travel Safe---- "No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777

DEVEAU - 12-6-2011 at 09:52 AM

David, that is right behind the hotel in Catavina, it jumped up on an old road heading South. Rich

David K - 12-6-2011 at 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DEVEAU
David, that is right behind the hotel in Catavina, it jumped up on an old road heading South. Rich

Thanks! One year, the Baja 1000 went to Rancho Santa Ynez and then headed from there to the Pacific via Cerrito Blanco (the San Telmo onyx mine) and San Jose... perhaps it was that road?

motoged - 12-6-2011 at 10:13 AM

Bummer...I have been able to see them all except the one with tunes....just won't download....the others are great....thanx for the rides :cool:

David K - 12-6-2011 at 10:47 AM

Quote:
Bummer...I have been able to see them all except the one with tunes....just won't download....the others are great....thanx for the rides :cool:

Ged, come on over to my house and watch it!:light::yes:

ILikeMex - 12-6-2011 at 11:23 AM

love side by side riding in Mex (although it is kind of like surfing and the man in gray suite; you're always thinking in back of your mind of a car coming around the corner, but it is too fun to resist).

So funny to see the jerry jug of gas strapped to the hip of your buddy - :tumble:

Damn that zip tie and strap that helmet :P

Most excellent video :cool:

motoged - 12-6-2011 at 01:40 PM

Quote:
[

Okie dokie....it is a two-day drive from here, so I will pack a lunch :biggrin:

Thanks for the invite...I will take you up on that one of these years.:light:

David K - 12-6-2011 at 01:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[

Okie dokie....it is a two-day drive from here, so I will pack a lunch :biggrin:

Thanks for the invite...I will take you up on that one of these years.:light:

Wow you must really haul on the freeway! I think it would take me 3-4 days to drive to Canada... Or is driving south faster than driving north, because it's downhill? :lol:

See you around someday!:cool:

motoged - 12-6-2011 at 01:57 PM

David,
Yes it is faster going downhill from "up here" ! As well, I drive a Chevy...:biggrin:

I drive long days to get to Baja....take longer returning home so as to stretch out the vacation....usually through Arizona, Utah, Nevada.

I have taken to getting my coolers full of sand from various areas (e.g Coral Sands Park, dirt from Mogay Dugway, Sedona...) just to top off my potted cactus collection pots....the collection which has relatives living in California, Arizona, and Baja deserts....which have good company with the cactus from BC and Alberta:biggrin:

David K - 3-16-2017 at 03:35 PM

Bump, in the trail (FROM 2011)!