BajaNomad

some great historic baja plane themed

capt. mike - 9-22-2004 at 01:56 PM

fotos now on the BBP site.

on their forum, recent posts. to see the pictures you have to go to the full forum, not the condensed section

www.bajabushpilots.com

Baja Airplanes

Juan del Rio - 11-9-2005 at 05:37 PM

Hey Captain Mike, flying back from San Fransiquito a few weeks ago, I saw this on the ramp in San Felipe. I guess it belongs to th El Dorado Ranch Developement. It looked like they did an outsatnding, "nip and tuck" job!
Sure would be great to see some old photos of planes in Baja...actually any planes on dirt airstrips in Baja would be pretty cool!

thebajarunner - 11-9-2005 at 08:18 PM

Mike, my old Baja racing partner Chuck, and I, are buying one of the new light sport aircraft because Chuck is nervous about flunking a physical.
Mine is fine, and my United pilot daughter is going to get me current.
Question, do you know if we can fly it 'out of country?"
I would love to fly a slow, light, pump gas burning two seater all over the peninsula.... sort of like the old 'Senterfit' stuff.

bajalou - 11-9-2005 at 08:36 PM

The DC3 flies from San Francisco bay area each weekend to San Felipe with prospective customers for El Dorado.

:rolleyes:

David K - 11-9-2005 at 08:37 PM

;)

capt. mike - 11-11-2005 at 03:31 AM

runner - yes the LSA catagory can go to baja, just have to have the same paperwork in order. but watch your gas and range, many of them don't have much - never pass up an opportunity to buy avgas in baja, you may need it 'cause the next stop may be out!

look in to a mogas STC too.

hey juan de juanyjuan - -

capt. mike - 11-11-2005 at 03:34 AM

yes, Pat Butler, one of the greatest baja hucksters of all time......had that old gooney bird converted to turbines.

el dorado ranch......baja's version of "Seisure World"....:biggrin::biggrin::lol::lol:

Capt. Mike, it looked great!

Juan del Rio - 11-11-2005 at 11:49 AM

Any idea what a plane like this would cost with the conversion? Just seems like it would be the perfect Baja plane to take six or more people and cargo to some of the really remote spots on the peninsula. What about a Charter Service?

Clipper invited...

Juan del Rio - 11-11-2005 at 12:02 PM

Capt. Mike, we have invited these guys to Juan y Juan's for their shakedown flight. Haven't heard from them yet, but will let you know. Carlos Fiesta is still working on Jimmy Buffet's group to see if they'd like to come back as well...