BajaNomad

'Coyote Bay' Camping Beaches

Pompano - 1-13-2012 at 07:58 PM

Ist Week of the New Year - Cuirrent Photos of Camping Beaches of Coyote Bay.

NOTE:

'COYOTE BAY' is much larger than many nomads might think:

We start this beach camping tour from the north...#1 Santipac Beach..and so on... to the last, Coyote Beach #5. To check a campsite's location, just scroll back to this map. Comprende, amigos?

Okay, then... let's roll:

#1 Santispac Beach - Annex - Outside Beach

As you can see, there's still plenty of room..So come on down. ................................................. bottom right: Hmm? A permanent shelter. Will history repeat itself?

#2 Escondido Beach

See this sign just south of Posada development and follow a rough road over the hill to the 'hidden' beach.

#3 Cocos Beach

#4 Burros Beach

#5 Coyote Beach

Coyote has lots of campers, but you can still find a great waterfront spot. I noticed that Raven Man is back...doing some more raven research as usual. A welcome seasonal sight with binocs and camera.

Well.. there you are...The Beaches of Coyote Bay.

You can see that some are crowded, and some have tons of room. It changes daily, but the averages are slightly down this season...at least from my perception.

It's a crapshoot! Try your luck..what's the worst that could happen? Your beach will face east...and you'll get blinded by some gorgeous sunrises??

Come on, let's take a plane ride with Uncle Dusty.

This last aerial is of Coyote Beach and Barga Island. That pretty little island beach is our local nude beach...aka Dead Dog Beach.

The tiny beach just above Barga is Pompano Cove...nope, not my idea..but named that because 'back in the day'...one could always a delicious pompano dinner there. Those WERE the days!

[Edited on 1-14-2012 by Pompano]

Jake Brake Beach

Packoderm - 1-13-2012 at 11:51 PM

They even apply their jake brakes while going uphill. :lol: I've also heard them yelling and throwing out firecrackers. I'll only consider camping there if there is a loud party going on all night.

Pompano - 1-14-2012 at 06:37 AM

Packoderm, I believe and take your word for a bad jake-brake experience and am sorry you had it. Some bad apples always ruin it for others, right?

But from the sheer numbers and longevity of the campers at Cocos and other roadside beaches, the trucks don't seem to be too much trouble...else the campers would leave in short order. We all need a good night's rest.

Most of the campers are contented long-term renters and the turn-over is very minimal. I think most semi-drivers these days are polite and professional. If not, then the tourism dollar will speak volumes to the local and federal policia...especially in these bad economic times.

In my case, I kind of miss those old days of the loud 8 and 10 wheelers with NO mufflers..and the massive, well-used cow catchers on the grille. Now THAT was noise!

Having lived in Coyote Bay since forever, I now hear...nothing. Just the soft 'bing' of incoming email. ;D