BajaNomad

Graham Mackintosh Slide Show

Graham - 3-5-2012 at 04:48 PM

I'll be giving a slide presentation/book signing at El Caballo Blanco bookstore in Loreto, on Paseo Hidalgo, two blocks from Malecon -- Friday March 16, at 4PM. Hope to see some of you there.

I'll also try to arrange a few other slide shows along the way.
Will post here if I can.

David K - 3-5-2012 at 05:51 PM

Always fun to see!! :light::yes::bounce::bounce::bounce:

desertcpl - 3-5-2012 at 06:27 PM

just curious, will Mike be their also

Graham - 3-5-2012 at 07:59 PM

Thanks David. I've always tried to make the shows as informative and entertaining as possible. Spending months roughing it in Baja usually provides plenty of tales and photo ops to talk about. And cute animal buddies really helps. Pics on my website give a preview.

Not sure if Mike Younghusband will be there... I hope so, so we can compare notes on traveling with our blanco Baja burros.

BajaBlanca - 3-5-2012 at 08:03 PM

We are going to try and make it ....

[Edited on 3-6-2012 by BajaBlanca]

Ateo - 3-5-2012 at 08:19 PM

Someone should video tape and post on YouTube.

Neal Johns - 3-5-2012 at 08:59 PM

The Barstow Museum Desert Explorers group had Graham TWICE as the featured speaker at our annual meetings. If you have not had the pleasure, go, go, go.

Neal Johns

ddawson - 3-5-2012 at 09:11 PM

I would love to attend a show if you ever do any more in socal. I really enjoyed all of your books.

Graham - 3-5-2012 at 11:43 PM

When I get another lecture in socal I'll definitely post it on my website.

Thanks for the positive mention Neil... I really enjoyed addressing the Desert Explorers. Fond memories.

Hope to see you there Bajablanca.

Not sure about the video tape idea. I'll have to wipe off the dust and sweat and go through makeup and hair dressing. :lol:

Looks like I'll also be speaking at the LA Bay museum March 22 and possibly in the Mulege/ Bahia Concepcion area before March 16. To be confirmed.

David K - 3-6-2012 at 03:50 PM

Sounds like a great idea... L.A. Bay!

You climbed to the top of Mike's Mountain, right (Into a Desert Place)?

Mike's Mountain from the road to Camp Gecko, Nov., 2006:

BajaBlanca - 3-6-2012 at 06:29 PM

oh oh oh please give more details on the Mulege events.

Graham - 3-7-2012 at 01:24 AM

March 22 -- I'll definitely be giving a slide show in LA Bay at the museum.

As David relates, and as mentioned in Into a Desert Place, I can blame the wonderful views of the bay from on high for turning me on to Baja adventure. Meeting Mike and my hikes up Mike's Mountain sure opened my eyes to what was stretched out before me.

Graham - 3-7-2012 at 01:37 AM

Friends are looking for a venue or venues in Bahia Concepcion for March 14/15. And hopefully I'll be giving a presentation in Mulege, maybe at the Jungle after my March 16 show in Loreto?

Any ideas/contacts for a location in San Ignacio or Santa Rosalia? - two places central to my story - I'll be passing through on my way down and heading back north.

[Edited on 3-7-2012 by Graham]

David K - 3-7-2012 at 09:23 AM

San Ignacio ideas: Casa Leree or Ignacio Springs or Ricardo's Rice and Beans?

Graham - 3-7-2012 at 09:15 PM

My presentation at the LA Bay museum will be at 5 PM on Thursday, March 22.

Thanks David for the ideas. Always happy to give a slide show to groups large or small as I'm traveling around with my projector.

Graham - 3-10-2012 at 04:58 PM

Graham is in Catavina for a few more days but will definitely have a program at La Jungla in Mulege on the 13th at 7 p.m. He also will be at Bahia Concepcion next to Punta Arena at a private residence on the 15th. Don't know a time yet..

Bonni M.

Graham - 3-21-2012 at 01:20 PM

Just a reminder.

Slide presentation about all four of my Baja books at the...

Museum, Bahia de los Angeles, Thursday March 22 at 5 PM.

Quote:
Originally posted by Graham
March 22 -- I'll definitely be giving a slide show in LA Bay at the museum.

As David relates, and as mentioned in Into a Desert Place, I can blame the wonderful views of the bay from on high for turning me on to Baja adventure. Meeting Mike and my hikes up Mike's Mountain sure opened my eyes to what was stretched out before me.

Oso - 3-21-2012 at 04:40 PM

Graham,
Let me know if you want to bring it to Yuma again and if you need me to contact the library people, And, as always, mi casa es su casa.

Pacifico - 3-22-2012 at 07:37 AM

This reminds me of Catavina.......

:no::mad:

David K - 3-22-2012 at 07:43 PM

Beacuse it is a beautiful view? Why the sad face?

I wanted to climb Mike's Mountain back in 2002 with some of the Camp Gecko-ites... Sorry it never happened... Mike spent years working at his cave home up there... I hear it is something else! Rain collectors, etc.

David K - 3-22-2012 at 10:46 PM

That was his fuss? That looked like a beautiful home address sign... not at all like any graffiti on boulders in Cataviņa???

Considering most who went up there was because of what Mike did there, it seems quite appropriate. I think the power lines from Guerrero Negro to Bahia de los Angeles are an even worse scar on the desert scene... but it is just a sign of progress... along with lights on all night in L.A. Bay. :O:rolleyes::no:

Pacifico - 3-23-2012 at 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
That was his fuss? That looked like a beautiful home address sign... not at all like any graffiti on boulders in Cataviņa???

Considering most who went up there was because of what Mike did there, it seems quite appropriate. I think the power lines from Guerrero Negro to Bahia de los Angeles are an even worse scar on the desert scene... but it is just a sign of progress... along with lights on all night in L.A. Bay. :O:rolleyes::no:

Yes, that's my "fuss".... I don't like to see paint on rocks out in the wilderness.

David K - 3-23-2012 at 07:27 AM

It was a nicely written name, on top of a mountain, not sloppy graffiti... and that I agree is bad.