BajaNomad

Is it just me?

castaway$ - 3-8-2012 at 12:05 PM

How come when I'm on Nomad there is always ads at the top for "hot girls" or "foreign girls" mixed in with the rent a car ads and insurance ads. I might need insurance or a rental car but at my age I think I'm a little past looking for hot chicks especially on the web.:yes: Just sayin.

willardguy - 3-8-2012 at 12:08 PM

LOL! another nomad busted!

DENNIS - 3-8-2012 at 12:12 PM

The content of the ads reflects your browsing patterns in the past. :lol:

You can refuse to divulge anything further. It can be incrimminating. :lol:

By the way....yes. It is just you. Banner ads on other computers will reflect activities specific to that machine.

[Edited on 3-8-2012 by DENNIS]

castaway$ - 3-8-2012 at 12:23 PM

So this is because of the fake profile I made on e harmony:O

Woooosh - 3-8-2012 at 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by castaway$
How come when I'm on Nomad there is always ads at the top for "hot girls" or "foreign girls" mixed in with the rent a car ads and insurance ads. I might need insurance or a rental car but at my age I think I'm a little past looking for hot chicks especially on the web.:yes: Just sayin.

You are not the first Nomad to take the "ad banner walk of shame".

If you or anyone who used your computer (your best excuse) do adult web browsing (or even a simple search) and use Google Chrome as your browser- choose the option to browse in a new "incognito window". That will prevent it from tracking your browsing history and showing you ads on this site they think you will respond to.

If you didn't clear ALL your Chrome browsing history before March 1 when their privacy policy changed, you are pretty much stuck with the history you had... forever.

[Edited on 3-8-2012 by Woooosh]

bufeo - 3-8-2012 at 01:00 PM

Quote:

Your browsing history is not only internet browsing (with Chrome, IE, or any search 'gopher') but tapping into a thread here on Nomad can influence your ads. Just viewing a thread such as the popular "Olivia +" thread, especially when all the vitriol was being posted, will send signals that you might not want to send.

There are software programs that prevent all ads. In lieu of that, you can click on the little blue triangle at the right of the banner ads (AdSense) and make some changes.

Allen R

BajaBlanca - 3-8-2012 at 07:32 PM

AHAAAAAAAAAAAAA now I know why the ads I see are for DREAM VACATIONS - EXOTIC CRUISES - TRIPS OF A LIFETIME

:spingrin::spingrin:

Gaucho - 3-8-2012 at 07:47 PM

Quote:

Lucky I guess...

Ateo - 3-8-2012 at 08:08 PM

It happens to me too! Mine says something about " hot Latinas". I don't know what my wife searches for when I'm away......

BajaNomad - 3-8-2012 at 08:13 PM

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=58184