BajaNomad

Back from an awesome trip

Taco de Baja - 10-4-2004 at 02:09 PM

Just got back yesterday from a wonderful trip with Mexitron and Huddo to the Pacific side, near 7 sisters. Warm water in the upper 60's to low 70's, air temps in the 70's, mostly sunny, occasionally overcast, and a few sprinkles one night.

Some days had waves, some days were as calm as a lake, good things for all members of the trip. Lots of Halibut (barbequed, fried, and ceviche) one WSB, no Longosta though :-(.

Aside from visiting with our friends at the fish camp, on the way in and out, we did not see another person for the entire 8 days on the beach, not ever a truck driving by! The only sign of civilization were a few Cessnas flying by, way up high.

Traffic backed up over the bridge in TJ on the way home at 5PM, but it only took 45 minutes to cross. All the guard wanted was to see our IDs and know what we had purchased in Baja, did not even look in the truck.

Mexitron - 10-4-2004 at 02:36 PM

I'm back physically, so say others, but my mind is still sitting in a beach chair sipping a Tecate, watching the pelicans fly over the blue Pacific.....

JESSE - 10-4-2004 at 03:48 PM

Damn!!! sounds like a great trip!!!

I know that very spot.

Sonora Wind - 10-4-2004 at 03:54 PM

I found the tide pools in front of your chair would provide the following.

1. Keep the clams alive and fresh.

2. Do the same for the mussels.

3. A great place to store and watch your morning catch.

4. Ideal beer cooler.

Aint Baja Grand :cool:

synch - 10-4-2004 at 03:58 PM

Where is it?

Secret spot

Taco de Baja - 10-4-2004 at 04:30 PM

Shhhh! don't tell.
All I'll say it it's between Punta Blanca and Canoas.....

pappy - 10-4-2004 at 06:27 PM

Taco- talked to mexitron just as he crossed the border last night-man what a nice trip.that's why we do what we do!glad you guys had a good one!:yes: