BajaNomad

Lobsters?

chuckie - 4-20-2012 at 03:31 PM

Some where I saw some suggetsions for cooking Lobsters, other than throwing them on a fire? Any one have any suggestions to make our spiny pals less tough and a bit more tatsy (if thats possible) Even when they are bad they are good...

David K - 4-20-2012 at 05:17 PM

I just entered Lobster in the Search (upper corner of Nomad page) and clicked on this forum (Baja Recipes).. and got pages of posts on cooking them.

[Edited on 4-21-2012 by David K]

bajachris - 4-20-2012 at 07:38 PM

We cut them down the midline. Pull out the gooey stuff. Put in slices of butter and garlic on the meat Place on barbeque shell side down and cover. Cook until meat starts to turn white and the shell starts to char a little. Then flip and cook meat side until done. Amazingly yummy!

chuckie - 4-21-2012 at 06:01 AM

Isnt that like throwing em on a fire? I was looking for something different..David K's search thing yielded a couple of options..Thanks

Bob H - 4-21-2012 at 09:50 AM

Just ask Shari how Juan makes them. Delicious!!

Taco de Baja - 4-21-2012 at 03:31 PM

Boil them. That's the best way. Bring water to a boil and dunk them in until they are bright orange. Around 5-10 minutes depending on size.

Never understood the frying them in lard a-la Puerto Nuevo......:barf:

Just a Question

Gypsy Jan - 4-21-2012 at 03:44 PM

Vince's Fish Market and Seafood Restaurant in Rosarito and Bahia Mariscos in in Ensenada have tanks with live lobsters in the off season.

So, how do they do that?

willardguy - 4-21-2012 at 03:53 PM

did ya notice what vince's is gettin for em?

Vince's Fish Market and Seafood

Gypsy Jan - 4-21-2012 at 04:02 PM

I always order the combo plate which includes chips and salsa, a cup of fish consomme, green salad, half lobster, a fish filet and strips of calamari. The meal also includes unlimited rice, beans and flour and/or corn tortillas.

It is always too much food for me to finish and the combo is less than $20 U.S.

Hubby ordered a "burro" last time; a nearly three pound lobster, which came with all the same fixings and the cost of the meal was less than $35 U.S.

Vince's food is consistently good, fresh and well prepared.

[Edited on 4-21-2012 by Gypsy Jan]

willardguy - 4-21-2012 at 04:25 PM

oh sign me up for the "burro"!

"in these shoes"
-kirsty macColl