BajaNomad

direct tv & direcway

mulege marv - 10-8-2004 at 11:04 AM

will a direct tv satillite dish from the us work in baja ? also i have satillite (direct pc) for my computer will that work in mulege area ?

backninedan - 10-8-2004 at 02:17 PM

I have a friend that has the direc pc system up and working in the Loreto area. Im not sure on the direct tv.

thank you

mulege marv - 10-8-2004 at 02:55 PM

if one works they both should, they come off the same satillite

Bob and Susan - 10-8-2004 at 04:01 PM

There is a lot of good information posted on this website regarding Sat Internet and Direct TV usage in Mexico

This stuff applies to Mulege

http://www.rv-anywhere.org/

:yes::yes:

This message comes to you from Mulege and DirecWay

CasaManzana - 10-9-2004 at 07:03 AM

I installed the set-up here at home myself without any problems, and it's been working fine now for three years. I bought everything in Chula Vista. You still do have to find and pay for an official Direcway installer even though he never sees your equipment because he has to assign you a satellite and set up billing. He first put me on satellite #99 but it won't work in the Mulege area, so he had to get me on #117. One more thing, muy importante...if you contact "just any" DirecWay installer and say you are living in Mexico, they will turn you down. They say they do not have Mexico approval to operate here. So just what does one do then...there is an official DirecWay installer in TJ who knows how to play the game. You give him a US billing address and a location where this will be...ahumm.. set up. His name is Fabian- falr@starband.net . He even now told me he can set you up using a credit card and put all the equipment you need on the bus to Mulege so you don't even need to go north.

[Edited on 10-9-2004 by CasaManzana]

Bob and Susan - 10-9-2004 at 07:49 AM

There sure is alot of them things up there....

Sure hope they don't start falling out of the sky:lol::lol:

LaRibereņa - 10-10-2004 at 01:45 PM

We have DirecTV in La Ribera (south of La Paz) and it works great.

Dish size

Jack Swords - 10-10-2004 at 05:20 PM

Hola Elizabeth...do you know what size dish you are using? Most in La Paz use a meter sized dish, but some use the 76 cm (30 in). Any idea? Thanks.