BajaNomad

Valle de Guadalupe hotel/motel?

Howard - 5-12-2012 at 12:12 PM

I am looking for a hotel or motel to stay one night with my dog. I will probably be arriving in the afternoon of Friday, 5/25. I don't need no trendy boutique type, just a decent and clean place to crash after I go to some of wineries and leave the next morning crossing at Tecate.

Not on a budget but don't want to break the bank either.

Would like it to be near town and not back by Ensenada

Suggestionns and/or contact information?
Thanks,
Howard

DENNIS - 5-12-2012 at 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Howard
Would like it to be near town and not back by Ensenada

Which town, Howard?
If there's one thing Guadalupe Valley has in short supply, it's working-man hotels. A Motel-6 out there would make a fortune.

Howard - 5-12-2012 at 12:38 PM

Gee, I really don't know the official name of the little town. It's on the left side going North and it has a Pemex station. I am talking about if there is a place within 7 miles or so from
L.A. Cetto.

I don't recall anything North of L.A. Cetto so again, is there anything maybe 7 or so miles South of the wineries that will take a dog? I really do not want to spend around $75 but are there options?

DENNIS - 5-12-2012 at 01:04 PM

Quote:
Gee, I really don't know the official name of the little town. It's on the left side going North and it has a Pemex station.

That would be Gaudalupe.

Quote:

I am talking about if there is a place within 7 miles or so from
L.A. Cetto.

Not that I'm aware of, but that doesn't mean much. Things are growing fast out there.
Lots of "B+B's", but that's not what you want.
One thing I have noticed....Tecate motels are expensive. I stopped to get a room on a north-bound trip a few years back and ended up crossing the border and going over to Chula Vista for a reasonably priced room.

Sorry Howard. Wish I could do better. Maybe someone else here has an idea.

[Edited on 5-12-2012 by DENNIS]

Pescador - 5-12-2012 at 01:24 PM

There is a new little motel that sounds like exactly what you are looking for which is on the right hand side going North on the Tecate road and I think it is just out of Guadalupe. I really should stop there, but I do not do the
Tecate road much anymore, but I watched with interest when they were building it. Probably hads 8-10 rooms, good parking, and you can easily see it from the main road.

rts551 - 5-12-2012 at 01:46 PM

They wante $100 per night. no pets, when I stopped there, if its the same one. I haven't found anything inexpensive in Guadalupe Vale.

Howard - 5-12-2012 at 01:59 PM

Doesn't have to be inexpensive, just not expensive, maybe $50- $75 but they have to take a dog.

Keep those ideas coming!

Howard - 5-12-2012 at 02:01 PM

Dennis, you are now officially in trouble with David K :biggrin:

"That would be Gaudalupe."

Motel - just as you wish

John M - 5-12-2012 at 02:22 PM

As you leave Highway 1 on the road to Tecate it is now 4 lanes of road for maybe 10-12 miles. Just as the 4 lanes end, and the highway reverts to two lanes is a motel on the right that seems to answer your request.

We stayed there one night in late December and it is just what you described, basic, clean, and inexpensive.

I think we paid about $50.

No restaurant or bar in spite of the sign - maybe some day. Certainly no reservation needed.

My note says it is at km 92, maybe 4 or 5 miles south of the Pemex you mentioned.

John M

Bingo!

Howard - 5-12-2012 at 02:28 PM

I just got off the phone with Moses at the Plaza Fatima hotel. Very, very friendly and they do take dogs and only $45 a night. As soon as I went to post this information I saw John's post.

I looked on line and my question is; do people really pay those $150-$200 rates at some of those places?

I will post a report when I stay there.

rts551 - 5-12-2012 at 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by John M
As you leave Highway 1 on the road to Tecate it is now 4 lanes of road for maybe 10-12 miles. Just as the 4 lanes end, and the highway reverts to two lanes is a motel on the right that seems to answer your request.

We stayed there one night in late December and it is just what you described, basic, clean, and inexpensive.

I think we paid about $50.

No restaurant or bar in spite of the sign - maybe some day. Certainly no reservation needed.

My note says it is at km 92, maybe 4 or 5 miles south of the Pemex you mentioned.

John M

He tried to charge me $100. plus no pets. All rooms available at the time and late at night. Maybe he didn't want to be bothered

rts551 - 5-12-2012 at 02:39 PM

Maybe I will try them again. Number?, I threw their card away.

Howard - 5-12-2012 at 02:55 PM

Plaza Fatima
http://www.hotelplazafatima.com/english/

646 155 3279 and Moses spoke some English but had to ask a Spanish speaking person all of the questions I asked. He was very polite and friendly.

From Loreto I plan to make either El Rosario or San Quntin the first night and then cruise into the valley for some serious wine tasting and crash with my pero at the Fatima. Long first day from Loreto to El Rosario but I will just think of those red wines that NEED to be tasted.

THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR HELP

[Edited on 5-12-2012 by Howard]

DENNIS - 5-12-2012 at 03:37 PM

Deepsht with David.....nonono good. I try to avoid that, but......who's perfect?

mes1952 - 5-18-2012 at 12:55 PM

80% of tourists in the Valle of Guadalupe are middle class Mexicans so one can assume they are paying the high prices of the majority of those accomodations and restaurants there are not cheap either.

Mulegena - 5-18-2012 at 01:29 PM

My dog and I stayed at Hotel Fatima. It was very pretty. The price is negotiable.

They do have wi-fi but no food or drink. There's a little market a mile or so west.

Another place is in Tecate. Just as you come into town from the Ensenada side it'll be on your right. Don't know the name or price. It looks new and is right, smack on the highway and pretty close to the big-hub Pemex station.

danaeb - 5-18-2012 at 02:02 PM

Quote:
I just got off the phone with Moses at the Plaza Fatima hotel. Very, very friendly and they do take dogs and only $45 a night. As soon as I went to post this information I saw John's post.

I looked on line and my question is; do people really pay those $150-$200 rates at some of those places?

I will post a report when I stay there.

The Adobe Guadalupe and Villa del Valle are country inns; weekend retreats with all the amenities. Somewhere you'd go to celebrate a special occasion.