BajaNomad

Bahia Cristina Home (south of Puertecitos) UPDATE: SOLD!

David K - 5-31-2012 at 07:11 PM

A request from Wayno (BB Bait) for his neighbor's home, in Baja:

Hi David! ...

The place for sale belongs to Clare Roberts. Like I mentioned before, he and his wife are getting up there and want to sell out and move closer to the VA hospital etc..

They built their place from scratch about 20 years ago. He was in the construction business and put together a pretty nice place. It really isn't all that polished, but I think it would qualify for a typical Baja home, about average of what the "locals" might put together on the higher end of their scale.

He started out a couple of years ago testing the waters at 100K.. That was near the beginning of the "end" when the economy caca hit the fan.

Recently he listed it in Western Outdoor News for 40K, and is probably worth all of that. It is located on two of the lots in the campo, as we are too, and lease monies are $1000 a year per lot so it would be 2K per year for the house and property. ... ...

$40K OBO... (update: now $20K) It's a two bedroom (one upstairs) one bath and has a nice sized garage on the west side. I will try to get some better photos next trip, as these weren't in my mind for selling the place and it could be shown better with it's closeness to the water etc, (about 100' to high water). It is a rocky shoreline with the closest sandy beach down around the restaurant, about a eight of a mile south...

Let me know what else you need to present this, and thank you for you help! Wayno

PHOTOS:

From the North:

Looking East:

Boat Ramp:

[Edited on 9-7-2012 by David K]

[Edited on 12-7-2012 by David K]

David K - 6-1-2012 at 07:26 PM

Looks like a fisherman's dream house, facing the Enchanted Islands!

bbbait - 9-6-2012 at 01:25 PM

They asked me to post for them, they are unable to return and have come down to 20K.. At this point of the game, I think they would entertain ANY offer.

David K - 9-6-2012 at 05:05 PM

It is a sad time for Americans... so many of us are hurting financially... looking more like Greece every day.

Anyway, I updated the post Wayno.

bbbait - 9-6-2012 at 08:53 PM

Great! Thanks David! I hope someone realizes the value and how it is going to appreciate when the road is completed!

Bajaboy - 9-6-2012 at 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
It is a sad time for Americans... so many of us are hurting financially... looking more like Greece every day.

Leave it to Beaver in his alternate universe to bring politics into this....:?:

David K - 9-6-2012 at 11:51 PM

Economics not politics... aren't you also out of work???

cavilan - 9-7-2012 at 09:42 AM

I think weve been on a pretty outlandish run for a while and i think weve reached the end of the leash

BajaBlanca - 9-7-2012 at 04:05 PM

one can only hope we have reached the end of the leash

looks like a pretty nice house !

I wish them luck selling.

edm1 - 9-7-2012 at 05:20 PM

How far/near is the house to the road (to be highway)?

David K - 9-7-2012 at 05:29 PM

It is about 5 miles south of Puertecitos... already paved past there 30 miles. I can Google Earth you the location... I will guess it was about 1/4 mile...

David K - 9-7-2012 at 05:42 PM

Both views are looking west... I think the house is the one to the right of the yellow pin, furthest from the highway? bbbait will need to confirm.

edm1 - 9-7-2012 at 05:53 PM

Thanks David.

It's a lovely place. I don't know if one could find a better bargain than this.

I was hoping it was much farther from the highway, i.e. access more difficult.

David K - 9-7-2012 at 07:29 PM

How about a place in the valley shared by California's 17th mission... Santa Maria!!??:light::cool:

Bob H - 9-8-2012 at 12:29 AM

Can someone post some interior photos... more photos,,, Looks like a great deal to be had by someone.

bbbait - 9-8-2012 at 08:20 AM

Yes, David is correct, it is the house to the right of the pin. We'll try to get some pictures of the inside.

bbbait - 9-10-2012 at 08:41 PM

I have several U2s requesting information.. we are heading down there in the morning and upon return I will get some more pictures up for all to see.. Sorry I can't respond but it's late for me, and I still need to load up for early departure.. If anyone wants to meet up down there, we will be staying at the Baja Mar tomorrow night and then on down to Bahia Cristina Wednesday for a few days... depending on the fishing etc....

New Photo from bbbait (Wayno)

David K - 9-12-2012 at 03:14 PM

New Photos from bbbait...

David K - 9-13-2012 at 10:06 AM

House from the highway.

bbbait - 10-10-2012 at 09:27 AM

Also included are two wood stoves. A large one in the living room and small one in the lower bedroom. It has a nice tile floor and a modern bathroom and kitchen. A spacious garage and much rock work done all around the house. Lots of room in the front for other options, like dozing some of the rock around to make your own tidal pool!

norte - 10-10-2012 at 09:50 AM

Davidk's logic. Guy wants to sell to be closer to VA hospital... which I can understand. and all of sudden its politics, er economics er politics. nice house but Americans need to think about medical care before the move to Mexico.

Quote:
Economics not politics... aren't you also out of work???

mtgoat666 - 10-10-2012 at 09:57 AM

Quote:

greece is a really pretty country! food is great! :lol::lol::lol:

bacquito - 10-10-2012 at 03:52 PM

Quote:

I sure agree!! we have a house in Yuma,AZ that was valued at over $200,00 and now we cannot sell for $100,00-in fact the truth is we cannot sell it PERIOD. However, the electric bills, water bill, insurance and property taxes go up!

Udo - 10-10-2012 at 04:39 PM

Yet the property owners of the East Cape area still keep asking for many multi dollars for what they have in the area.

It will be years before those properties become as valuable as they were 5-6 years ago.

Quote:
Originally posted by bacquito
Quote:

I sure agree!! we have a house in Yuma,AZ that was valued at over $200,00 and now we cannot sell for $100,00-in fact the truth is we cannot sell it PERIOD. However, the electric bills, water bill, insurance and property taxes go up!

David K - 12-7-2012 at 09:34 AM

The house sold.

[Edited on 12-7-2012 by David K]