BajaNomad

TJ border crossing

MoonShadow - 10-20-2004 at 08:45 AM

I understand the since I crossed the border last (Nov 03) that there is a new way to get to the toll road south. Can anyone give me simple directions? I want to avoid any mistakes.
Thanks,

new way

paul r - 10-20-2004 at 08:59 AM

just go slow then "blend" right right right,...look for plain jane ensenada/rosarito sign to the right... homerun!!!

bajaloco - 10-20-2004 at 09:13 AM

You just stay to the right side of the road. After you cross the bridge, traffic comes in from the right, you must merge and stay to the right.There is a sign which says playas or scenic road. It is narrow and will put you back on the old border fence road like before.

and stay to the right

thebajarunner - 10-20-2004 at 08:51 PM

coming back across, as well.

Baja Arriba!!

Always somthing new in TJ

Bruce R Leech - 10-21-2004 at 07:14 AM

Always somthing new in TJ I cant wate to try it .

Whear do I git my Orgen doner Card?

Bruce R Leech Mulege Baja

Debra - 10-21-2004 at 08:31 AM

The new crossing is really good advise given......(stay to the right, but, watch out for the mearging lane, but it is much eaiser)

the advice on the return trip (?)

We have all worked so hard to remember the U turn coming down the hill (back to SD right?....Well, now it's all changed (what a surprize, :biggrin:)

The good news is we all get to avoid Tijuana, (getting lost ,no offence meant)...But, I do have to admit, it once cost me $3 when I made a wrong turn and ended up un a shopping plaza to get out :o

On the return? It's way cool!!! As you come down the hill and you see the SD Tecate sign to the right (I know we all have, again avoided it) TAKE IT! I have no idea how it works, but, IT DOES! you end up right at the border! And at the front of the line! :tumble:

Head of the line???

thebajarunner - 10-21-2004 at 09:55 AM

Almost worth a 500 mile drive down to the border just to go across and come back >>>>TO THE HEAD OF THE LINE!!
(is this guaranteed?)

Baja Arriba!!

Are you thinking I'm talking about the

Debra - 10-21-2004 at 02:25 PM

Tecate crossing? Maybe I didn't explaine "so pretty good?"

:tumble:

Okay, never mind (I'll keep that ALL to myself, don't want everyone to get in that line) ;D