BajaNomad

trip report..... ing

jide - 10-20-2004 at 11:30 AM

I'll be quick(photos will follow in couple days):

Punta Cabras(without the wind): surfing, mussel eating and wine drinking, listening and telling great baja stories.

Mision Santa Maria: 4 wheelin, road building, hiking, oasis pool diving, hummingbirds photographing, didgeridoo playing under starry desert nite, more road building, hangin out with Ralph

Laguna Manuela: surfing, hiking to arch and photographing waves & seals, making new amigos.

San Ignacio: Camping, datil buying and lake fishing(got flooded recently), tequila tasting (x10)

Santa Rosalia: Taco and best baja ice cream eating(next to centro cultural), more photo taking and spanish speaking

Bahia Conception: Snorkeling, fishin, night snorkeling with glowing algae, tequila drinking and singing while fish jumping. Indoor tent farting and strange stick-insect watching.

Bahia San Basilio: Best snorkeling ever, cliff divin, jellyfish stinging, fishing, more tequila drinking, scorpion hunting, hiking and watching over camp all night because of strange acting poachers near camp.

Loreto and before: Photographing Sierra de la Giganta Verde looking more like Hawaii mountain slopes with cactus on foreground. Acting like tourists, more photo taking. Grocery buying and emailing. Meeting interesting locals.

Loreto and after: Taco eating at McLulu's, Sierra de la Giganta slot canyon exploring(looked like sandstone navajo country, couldn't believe we were in Baja, ...if it wasn't for the palm trees) More photo taking and natural beauty awing. Taking bath in cool mountain water pools. Night driving and cow avoiding.

Krutsio ecologic ranch(near Santa Rosalilita): Friendship making, mandala watching, amazing decorated building visting, lotsa eating and socializing, more early morning photo taking, learning about sustainable living, solar energy and solar distillation.

Aw'rite.... the photos(coming soon)will do the rest of the talking.

To be continued...

bajalou - 10-20-2004 at 11:59 AM

Thanks jide, wating for the rest of the story.

:biggrin:

Don Jorge - 10-22-2004 at 07:04 AM

Jide, thanks for the report. Sounds as if you packed in some fun on your trip!

What was the water temps in the pools at Santa Maria?

Did you guys climb up the rocks there?
I have a gut feeling there is something to see on the south side mesa above Santa Maria Canyon.

Waiting for the pics. Gracias, Jorge

Santa Maria Pools

David K - 10-22-2004 at 07:25 AM

Looking down at one of the many pools along the stream below the mission... a Baja paradise! This photo by 'fishuntr' on our group trip to Mision Santa Maria and beyond to the end of the bulldozed road, in 4/03.

More photos at http://vivabaja.com/403

Southside Mesa above the mission

David K - 10-22-2004 at 07:34 AM

From Baja Mur's web site, when he and I flew with Doug Bowles out of Alfonsina's over the mission to recon our ride up there a few days earlier (photo too big to show here, so check this link): http://m3.easyspace.com/bajamur/photos/missionN.html

Taco de Baja - 10-22-2004 at 07:36 AM

Sounds like a great trip.
can't wait to see the photos

What was going on with the poachers? I assume they were not poaching eggs....

Photos

jide - 10-24-2004 at 04:06 PM

Took me a while to make it work, but voila the pictures (you can scroll the bottom frame to see more pictures):
www.jidevisual.com/baja_oct04/index.htm

Enjoy!!:O:O

jide - 10-24-2004 at 04:08 PM

I don't know how to make captions on this page, but you can refer to the report above

[Edited on 10-24-2004 by jide]

David K - 10-24-2004 at 04:16 PM

Really cool Gerald!

Just type what the photo is of were you type a message (here).

Add http:// in front of the www to make it a hyperlink. Just make sure there is a space an each side of the actual URL (no period at the end).

jide - 10-24-2004 at 04:21 PM

No, David, I meant on the web page I built, check my message before that for URL

David K - 10-24-2004 at 04:34 PM

Some really cool photos! You got some good bugs too, scorpion, tarantula, tarantula hawk! Here's your URL, but made into a hyperlink, as I described: http://www.jidevisual.com/baja_oct04/index.htm I hope you can find how to add captions, I would like to know the approx. locations... that canyon was cool and a great boojum/sunset photo, too! Interesting site in that the scrolling is horizontal!

jide - 10-24-2004 at 06:31 PM

I spent the last 2 hours adding captions to the pix, check it out.

David K - 10-24-2004 at 06:50 PM

I did, I did! Wonderful!:spingrin:

Realy enjoyed the PICs

Sonora Wind - 10-24-2004 at 07:20 PM

PabloS - 10-24-2004 at 09:19 PM

Thanks for the outstanding Baja images on your website:bounce:

David K - 10-24-2004 at 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
From Baja Mur's web site, when he and I flew with Doug Bowles out of Alfonsina's over the mission to recon our ride up there a few days earlier (photo too big to show here, so check this link): http://m3.easyspace.com/bajamur/photos/missionN.html

Here is the best I could get Mur's giant image when reduced (at 49.1 kb)

bajalou - 10-25-2004 at 08:52 AM

Gota go gota go gota go

What tempters you are David and jide.

But keep it up

:biggrin:

tour du world

jide - 10-25-2004 at 04:43 PM

We met this very interesting family, on our way south, and on our way back:
Fabien & Valerie are taking their 2 kids, Lea & Yanis for a tour du monde on bicycle.
We were very concerned about their safety and traffic when we first met them, a few miles south of Santo Tomas, considering the turns and truck traffic between San Quentin and Ensenada. They were fine when we saw them again 2 weeks later, near San Ignacio.
Here's their website:
www.terredeveil.com

Spelunk

synch - 10-28-2004 at 08:10 AM

Great photos of rock formations!

synch - 10-28-2004 at 08:19 AM

www.jidevisual.com/baja_oct04/index.htm *CLICK HERE*

Those Playa Coyote photos are so picturesque that they look like the seaside Corona TV commercials

jide - 10-28-2004 at 02:13 PM

no cerveza when we were there, we were sippin good ol' Casadores(no need to keep cold)
.... but those pix definetely transport you......
wish I was there....