BajaNomad

South Campos San Felipe

desertcpl - 9-1-2012 at 08:02 AM

would like some input
the other day on Face book for the south campos in this area
they was reporting some breakins in the Gringo homes as most people are gone for the summer months, I guess the perts were caught, and they was also talking about drug drop offs on the beaches at night,
it was a very good discussion,, then the posts were all gone
the reason given was that is was bad for tourism and would give people wanting to come to San Felipe the wrong impression, alot of the people wanted to know what was going on as they are gone for the summer
how about some input from people in the know
I have a hard time just looking thru rose colored glasses

David K - 9-1-2012 at 09:59 AM

There should be a caretaker/ property owner or full time resident for each 'campo'. This is (was) the case at Bahia Santa Maria/ Playa Hermosa complex. What 'campo' was the break in at? Several Nomads have homes in the south campos.

mcfez - 9-1-2012 at 10:10 AM

Very correct David. Our place in San Felipe has the caretaker on site as well as a night security guard. We are not a gated community .......which has issues at times too. San Felipe experiences the same issues as any other city......but on a much lower scale.

desertcpl....got a site link to this FB page? Drug deals on the beach.....I would expect the drug runners to do their drop offs much further away from South Beach ......just too many folks still living there during the summer. My two cents worth.

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
There should be a caretaker/ property owner or full time resident for each 'campo'. This is (was) the case at Bahia Santa Maria/ Playa Hermosa complex. What 'campo' was the break in at? Several Nomads have homes in the south campos.

[Edited on 9-1-2012 by mcfez]

desertcpl - 9-1-2012 at 10:13 AM

DavidK

I know some campos have caretakers living in the camps
but alot of them dont,
I cant remember the names of the campos that was broken into now, as the posts have all been deleted, but if I remember right it was about some where close aroung KM 35 or some thing like that

willardguy - 9-1-2012 at 10:27 AM

desertcpl, did you guys find a place or are you still lookin?

David K - 9-1-2012 at 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by desertcpl
DavidK

I know some campos have caretakers living in the camps
but alot of them dont,
I cant remember the names of the campos that was broken into now, as the posts have all been deleted, but if I remember right it was about some where close aroung KM 35 or some thing like that

Bummer... that is at (or near) El Vergel... and we have a good Nomad 'El Vergel' (Vern) who has a home there.

sancho - 9-1-2012 at 11:10 AM

The 'gated' El Dorado Ranch 7 mi. no. of San Felipe
gets places broken into on occasion. As for negative
pub, yrs. back there was a severe incident at Club
Pesca in SF, I asked the SF site why they didn't
report it, they bit into me saying they are in Mex as
a Tourist site, and would not publish anything that
would deter tourism, I looked it as there responsibilty
to do just that. I think the area no. and so. of SF
is a dropping off point for drugs, weed I guess,
coming out of the
Sinola on the Mex Mainland

Jim/Liisa - 9-1-2012 at 11:15 AM

Quote:
would like some input
the other day on Face book for the south campos in this area
they was reporting some breakins in the Gringo homes as most people are gone for the summer months, I guess the perts were caught, and they was also talking about drug drop offs on the beaches at night,
it was a very good discussion,, then the posts were all gone
the reason given was that is was bad for tourism and would give people wanting to come to San Felipe the wrong impression, alot of the people wanted to know what was going on as they are gone for the summer
how about some input from people in the know
I have a hard time just looking thru rose colored glasses

For one thing on the other site the mention of drug drop offs is most likely the reason for removing the thread. Hopefully they will continue giving us the news of any breakins.
A lot ofthe South Campo owners have joind this site. I know my Campo owner has. My thought is that we are being monitored by some one other then admin.
About the caretakers, most of the Campos canot find someone to keep watch especialy over night and most Campo owners live in town. We have had some caretakers in the past but they never did anything but sleep and never lasted very long.We pretty much have to watch over the Campo our selfs.
Where Mcfez lives has a gurd gate so yes they have a caretaker.

[Edited on 9-1-2012 by Jim/Liisa]

[Edited on 9-1-2012 by Jim/Liisa]

desertcpl - 9-1-2012 at 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
desertcpl, did you guys find a place or are you still lookin?

no not yet,, but I have located one that I like very much, at least from the description and pics,, I was going to get down this coming week, there is also several others that are on my radar. but this one sticks out the best so far
but unfortunately I am going into the hospital for surgery this coming Thursday and will be out of action for a month, that if things go all right

Jim / Liisa

desertcpl - 9-1-2012 at 11:31 AM

I have been thinking the same thing, but I got dressed down yesterday when I questioned them about the take down of the thread

I just think its unfortunate that some things cannot be discussed in an open forum,, with in reason of course,

alot of folks depend on this type of media to keep them up to date on whats happening there both good and bad

Alternate SF site

bajaguy - 9-1-2012 at 11:32 AM

Here is an another SF site. You might want to log into the forum and post something.

http://www.blueroadrunner.com/

willardguy - 9-1-2012 at 11:41 AM

desert cpl, of course everyone thinks their piece of paradise is the place to be, as it should be. but if you want to be completely safe (you and your stuff) why dont you join us down at papa's and enjoy the protection of the bay? you know the fernandez family isnt going anywhere and theres always family members around. you've been here enough, you know. jmho!

DENNIS - 9-1-2012 at 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim/Liisa
For one thing on the other site the mention of drug drop offs is most likely the reason for removing the thread.

WOW...Never let truth and accuracy get in the way of real estate values.

Jim/Liisa - 9-1-2012 at 12:22 PM

desertcpl,
Since you are interested in the South Compos area there is a Campo at Km31.5 called Baja Beach Resort, Use to be Campo Mayma The people who live there Bought the Campo from the owner.
Nice sandy beach area ( no rocks ). There are some beach front lots as well as some houses on the beach for sale and you would own the lot. I'm sure they have a caretaker / guard.

desertcpl - 9-1-2012 at 02:37 PM

Quote:
desertcpl,
Since you are interested in the South Compos area there is a Campo at Km31.5 called Baja Beach Resort, Use to be Campo Mayma The people who live there Bought the Campo from the owner.
Nice sandy beach area ( no rocks ). There are some beach front lots as well as some houses on the beach for sale and you would own the lot. I'm sure they have a caretaker / guard.

thanks , that sounds really good, I will look into it when I get down

[Edited on 9-2-2012 by desertcpl]

desertcpl - 9-1-2012 at 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
For one thing on the other site the mention of drug drop offs is most likely the reason for removing the thread.

WOW...Never let truth and accuracy get in the way of real estate values.

exactly my point also

desertcpl - 9-1-2012 at 02:54 PM

Quote:
desert cpl, of course everyone thinks their piece of paradise is the place to be, as it should be. but if you want to be completely safe (you and your stuff) why dont you join us down at papa's and enjoy the protection of the bay? you know the fernandez family isnt going anywhere and theres always family members around. you've been here enough, you know. jmho!

thats not out of the question, I have friends at PT final
i first went about 35 years ago and fell in love with Gonzaga bay,, one I want to be on the beach, must have sand and not rock, I have looked at pt final , and the only thing that comes up is the second row, and at this time I dont want to spend alot of money until the wife and I know for sure thats what we want to do
I have previewed other places in the south campos
and they really come up short, in alot of areas, some dont have solar, or did and not working, major delayed maintence on alot of them, we are looking for a simple turn key, just the basics now for us

mcfez - 9-1-2012 at 03:41 PM

willardguy...........
Is there any homes there currently for sale?
Quote:

willardguy - 9-1-2012 at 04:31 PM

Quote:
Quote:

thats not out of the question, I have friends at PT final
i first went about 35 years ago and fell in love with Gonzaga bay,, one I want to be on the beach, must have sand and not rock, I have looked at pt final , and the only thing that comes up is the second row, and at this time I dont want to spend alot of money until the wife and I know for sure thats what we want to do
I have previewed other places in the south campos
and they really come up short, in alot of areas, some dont have solar, or did and not working, major delayed maintence on alot of them, we are looking for a simple turn key, just the basics now for us
yeah if youre lookin to put your feet in some sand, papa's not your spot. and spots like bufeo, you're always at war with the sand. at least you're lookin in a buyers market,good luck guys!:bounce:

desertcpl - 9-2-2012 at 07:25 AM

Quote:
Quote:
desertcpl,

thanks , that sounds really good, I will look into it when I get down

[Edited on 9-2-2012 by desertcpl]

Jim/Liisa

would you have any contact info on the owners of the camp
maybe I can do some home work before coming south to look around,

Jim/Liisa - 9-2-2012 at 10:16 AM

Quote:
[

Jim/Liisa

desertcpl,
We have no phone # but you might want to ask someone on the other site facebook south campos. Some one may have a phone
# for you. The link below gives you all the campos the one we are talking about is still listed as campo Mayma km31.5. Sorry could not get the hyper link to work so just type this in...
www.blueroadrunner.com/maps.htm

[Edited on 9-2-2012 by Jim/Liisa]

David K - 9-2-2012 at 10:34 AM

Campo Mayma is between Bahia Santa Maria/ Playa Hermosa (Km. 31) and Nuevo Mazatlan (km. 32)... an all sand beach, not rocks... that begins at 'La Roca' (good name) about a mile south of Nuevo Mazatlan.

desertcpl - 9-2-2012 at 10:35 AM

thanks.. will take a look

David K - 9-2-2012 at 10:36 AM

Quote:
Quote:
[

Jim/Liisa

desertcpl,
We have no phone # but you might want to ask someone on the other site facebook south campos. Some one may have a phone
# for you. The link below gives you all the campos the one we are talking about is still listed as campo Mayma km31.5. Sorry could not get the hyper link to work so just type this in...
www.blueroadrunner.com/maps.htm

To make any link 'hyper' you must add http:// in front of the www...

http://www.blueroadrunner.com/maps.htm

Or just link that map here (an old AAA map):

[Edited on 9-2-2012 by David K]

Jim/Liisa - 9-2-2012 at 10:39 AM

Quote:
thanks.. will take a look

Just posted on the face book site asking if anyone would know a phone #...

Jim/Liisa - 9-2-2012 at 04:14 PM

desertcpl,
See your U2U...

[Edited on 9-3-2012 by Jim/Liisa]

ca92117 - 9-2-2012 at 05:13 PM

Jim....I mean McFly...hello, anyone home? Why post someone's e-mail address without their permission? Certainly you've read on other websites and possibly here as well that people get hacked and/or receive abnormal amounts of mail due to the disclosure of the address. If you obtained this permission, my apologies. I know you're trying to help, just look before you leap. Peace.

Jim/Liisa - 9-2-2012 at 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ca92117
Jim....I mean McFly...hello, anyone home? Why post someone's e-mail address without their permission? Certainly you've read on other websites and possibly here as well that people get hacked and/or receive abnormal amounts of mail due to the disclosure of the address. If you obtained this permission, my apologies. I know you're trying to help, just look before you leap. Peace.

Thank you, I removed it.