BajaNomad

Labor Day weekend 2012

woody with a view - 9-8-2012 at 03:15 PM

We left Fri morning around 8am and had a slow drive south. Nothing fancy except one last chance to get some serious deep rail digging turns before the water turns cold for the winter. It's funny how Neptune comes thru when you need it most. Solid swell and hot sunny daze were forecast and much appreciated.

Anybody know this guy? He is 30 days from heading back to Oz. A cooler guy I don't think we've met!

Lorena modeling for the finished product! She surfed really well also!!!

I don't know how buzzed the fotog was but I kinda dig this shot... Waterfall effect.

This is the best wave of the summer for me! Too much work offshore and I am regulated to scraps. That's my 8'6" Seagull digging in deep and ready to scream down the line towards the race track!

Until next time!

[Edited on 9-9-2012 by woody with a view]

bajadock - 9-8-2012 at 05:01 PM

Thanks for the fun pix, Woodie. Nomad trip reports are picking up the slack again. Keep 'em rolling. cheers.

Ateo - 9-8-2012 at 05:05 PM

Lorena put quite a ding in that rail man.

Ateo - 9-8-2012 at 05:09 PM

We thought we saw you guys heading down Friday at 10AM in Santo Tomas. White Tundra with boards on top but a kid was driving.

shari - 9-8-2012 at 05:23 PM

Glad you caught some of those waves dude...Nice sand sculpture Mike made...he just finished a sea lion in our campo before he headed north...he has had quite a time of it in Mexico this year eh! And good to see Lorena...she was here at the surf tournament in aug. too...here she is getting a trophy.

[Edited on 9-9-2012 by shari]

woody with a view - 9-8-2012 at 07:20 PM

She and Jose (not the guy pictured) were ripping. They left for Ensenada before we did.

Good people!

woody with a view - 9-8-2012 at 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
We thought we saw you guys heading down Friday at 10AM in Santo Tomas. White Tundra with boards on top but a kid was driving.

Timing was right, but only 1 board and zero kids. unless you think me with a chiit eating grin pointing my rig south makes me look young.....:light:

woody with a view - 9-8-2012 at 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
Lorena put quite a ding in that rail man.

As she should! I asked Mike to make it a retro sculpture, notice the single fin or are your eyes glued to the rail?:lol:

[Edited on 9-9-2012 by woody with a view]

BFS - 9-9-2012 at 08:35 AM

Nice stacked up lines. Baja Norte rocks even more nowadays it seems like.
Hey i met that guy on the sand here in TS, his jeep broke down so he camped out for a week or so while it was repaired.
Nice turn compa...

BajaBlanca - 9-9-2012 at 10:11 AM

those sand sculptures are really cool !

N i c e !

El Vergel - 9-10-2012 at 06:50 PM

Thanks! That 8-6 'gull diggs those waves!

Beautiful! Killer form in the sculpture(s).

vivaloha - 9-10-2012 at 10:59 PM

Surfing strong in Baja Norte - good times!