BajaNomad

Tecate Sindicatura correct phone no.'s

BajaRae - 10-6-2012 at 06:56 AM

Anyone have the correct Sindicatura phone no.s for Tecate?

BajaNomad - 10-6-2012 at 07:27 AM

Unidad Municipal de Acceso a la Información
Calle Ortiz Rubio # 1310 (y Callejón Libertad)
Zona Centro, Tecate, Baja California
Tel: (665) 654-6010
transparencia@tecate.gob.mx

http://www.tecate.gob.mx/transparencia/

Hours:
Mon-Fri: 8:00am -8:00pm
Sat: 8:00am-1:00pm

Email:
sindicatura.municipal@tecate.gob.mx
sindicaturamunicipaltecate@hotmail.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sindicatura-Municipal-del-XX-A...

Keri - 10-6-2012 at 10:35 AM

Hi Rae. You should tell your story here so the Nomads are aware of what can happen. Just talked to Terry and Jerry ,they crossed yesterday, no problem with their 3 dogs.k

DENNIS - 10-6-2012 at 10:38 AM

I would certainly like to know what happened. I see the words "Tecate' and "dogs" and I get nervous.

Paulina - 10-6-2012 at 07:12 PM

If it has to do with dogs, I'd like to hear it too. Tecate is the crossing we prefer, and we do it with two dogs that ride in the back seat of our truck. Please share.

P>*)))>{

DENNIS - 10-6-2012 at 07:27 PM

Remember a little while back, someone saying a cop pulled them over in Tecate and wanted serious mordida because their dog wasn't wearing a seat belt?
It's police like that who caused kids in the 60's to call them "Pigs."

BajaRae - 10-6-2012 at 07:52 PM

OK...so we were just coming into town where all the stop signs are, snd stop lights, cop pulls us over and tells us our dog has to be crated "IN THE CAR" knew it was a bunch of hooie.......he wanted 5000 pesos...yah right we just about took that much down for are 5 day stay in San Quintin...we had about 200 left....and we needed gas. So we argued for about 1/2 hour and I told him he would have to shoot me if he got between me and the dog. He left me alone at that point...but he had seen Joe's money in his walet because Joe had to show his ID....we both know not to keep all money in one place but Joe just didn't this time.....the cop kept telling us Joe was going to jail for 72 hrs.....Joe kept saying take me....he also mentioned the Judge...I said take us to the Judge...he said well....the dog will be locked up in the car for a very long time...my dog is 13...and it was really hot ....no way....then he said...of course we could settle this here but I want 450 bucks...again we said we didn't have it....and also let him know that was not a law...anyway he settled with what we had....I so forgot about sindicatura...hadn't had a problem in soooo long. I was so worried about getting seperated frrom my dog I couldn't think straight ....but I would have never left that spot without getting my head blown off if he really was going to arrest us.

BajaRae - 10-6-2012 at 07:54 PM

Question if I'm in Tecate and dial 072 I will get someone from sindicatura in Tecate?

Paulina - 10-6-2012 at 08:11 PM

Thank you for sharing your story. Man, that makes me angry. If that ever happens to to us I would argue, as you did. I would also go to the Judge, but insist on taking my dogs in with me once we got "there". My thinking is that the cop wouldn't take you all the way there, but stop along the way and try to haggle again.

The feisty part of me almost wants to drive around town with the windows down, with my dog's big slobbery head sticking out, trolling. These cops need to be strung up.

P>*)))<{

DENNIS - 10-6-2012 at 08:26 PM

Like I said....."PIGS."

BajaNomad - 10-6-2012 at 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaRae
Question if I'm in Tecate and dial 072 I will get someone from sindicatura in Tecate?

Yes, that is my understanding.

BajaRae - 10-7-2012 at 05:29 AM

About going to the judge......I really did not want to move without the whole thing being over.....we were on a busy street and I wanted to stay there.....was a little afraid to follow him if he wanted us to, but I believe all he wanted was money and he was in to deep to take us to the judge. I have sent some emails to sindicatura with no response but it is the weekend...I'll let you all know if I get a reply.
Thanks for all your help.....Rae Great looing dogs....

woody with a view - 10-7-2012 at 08:01 AM

it's all about time. the cop has it and knows you are in a hurry to get home, if not to just get away from him. be patient and call out his name and badge number while writing it down. tape the numbers for sindicatura to the back of your license and put a solid crease on the scotch tape so that the turd will feel it when you hand it to him. the look on his stoopid face will be priceless when he turns it over.

here's what's on mine:

Sinducatura del Gobierno Municipal
Tijuana (663) 688-2810
Ensenada (646) 617-1561

the big crease in the tape is what makes it work.

bajaguy - 10-7-2012 at 08:22 AM

Print this out and tape it to the back window of your car/truck

decal.jpg - 44kB

woody with a view - 10-7-2012 at 08:30 AM

that's too obvious!!!

the fun is in turning the tables on the turds....

bajaguy - 10-7-2012 at 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
that's too obvious!!!

the fun is in turning the tables on the turds....

Yeah.........maybe you could ask him if his driver's license is endorsed for Motorcycle...........or ask him if he has gloves in his glove compartment!!!

woody with a view - 10-7-2012 at 08:59 AM

:lol::light::yes:

DENNIS - 10-7-2012 at 09:33 AM

Quote:
it's all about time.

And fear.
It's terrorism pure and simple.

Marla Daily - 10-7-2012 at 11:25 AM

I'm sorry you missed my post a few days before you were stopped. It was in answer to road conditons border to Loreto:

"Heads-up however: Our friend was pulled over in Tecate on the hill going southbound over the weekend [Sept. 30] for the egregious violation of a dog in the cab of his truck. Same thing we were stopped for earlier in the year! He refused to pay (as we did) and the guy eventually left him alone. (Cop in a white pick up truck.)"

However, there is an entire thread on the subject from last year when we were first stopped on the hill by a motorcycle cop for having our 4 dogs in the cab of the truck, one of whom was 16 at the time. (He's now 17!). It is their latest instant "mordida" infraction—most gringos travel with at least one dog. We always refuse to pay—politely but firmly.

DENNIS - 10-7-2012 at 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marla Daily
I'm sorry you missed my post a few days before you were stopped. It was in answer to road conditons border to Loreto:

I missed that too. It kinda got buried in the other info....I guess.

Paulina - 10-7-2012 at 12:49 PM

Quote:
it's all about time. the cop has it and knows you are in a hurry to get home, if not to just get away from him. be patient and call out his name and badge number while writing it down....

It is all about time. When we got pulled over a while ago in Catavina we had nothing but time. While at the police station I even said to the officer, "look at all the cars that have gone by that you could have pulled this on instead of trying to wait me out."

Regarding calling his name out, I asked him for his police I.D. card, held out my hand till he handed it over. I told him I wanted to make sure I got the spelling correct as I entered all the info into my journal.

It's also about nerves too, as Dennis said. It helps to be a bit hot headed yourself, I guess.

P>*)))>{

Udo - 10-7-2012 at 12:56 PM

Never thought about asking him for his ID.

Great idea.

Lee - 10-7-2012 at 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulina
It's also about nerves too, as Dennis said. It helps to be a bit hot headed yourself, I guess.

P>*)))>{

Creating a situation where a MX cop loses face is a bad idea. Firm and polite conversation will win every time.

woody with a view - 10-7-2012 at 05:12 PM

that's a bunch of BS! either bend over or fight for what's right!!!!

DENNIS - 10-7-2012 at 05:42 PM

Negotiation skills are all important....so much so that they should be studied.

Paulina - 10-7-2012 at 05:59 PM

Well, I must be a firm, polite, hot head then. The cop's ego is not what's important here. Anytime a MX cop doesn't win he loses face. Lee, I get your point, though. One can be firm and polite, but also not bend over. Maybe stubborn is a better word? Eye contact, smile, confidence and time.

I did fall to the dark side once and used the f word. Once. Different shake down. One cop was on Dern's drivers side telling him he was speeding. It was 5 am, dark, on the stretch by the military hosp. We saw them parked next to the Pemex and knew they would try and they did. After a few minutes of Dern refusing, politely, the other cop walked up to my window. I rolled it down and calmly said, "You'd better write us the f'n ticket right now because we are NOT paying mordida". The cop said, "Go". We did.

I don't usually use that word, only on Smut Mondays, so I must not have had my coffee yet.

P>*)))>{

BajaRae - 10-7-2012 at 06:10 PM

Quote:
it's all about time. the cop has it and knows you are in a hurry to get home, if not to just get away from him. be patient and call out his name and badge number while writing it down. tape the numbers for sindicatura to the back of your license and put a solid crease on the scotch tape so that the turd will feel it when you hand it to him. the look on his stoopid face will be priceless when he turns it over.

here's what's on mine:

Sinducatura del Gobierno Municipal
Tijuana (663) 688-2810
Ensenada (646) 617-1561

the big crease in the tape is what makes it work.

BajaRae - 10-7-2012 at 06:13 PM

We were not in a hurry...but he was....and we were in Tecate..so those numbes are no good.....I know the ropes.....this was difficult. Thanks though

DENNIS - 10-7-2012 at 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulina
"You'd better write us the f'n ticket right now because we are NOT paying mordida". The cop said, "Go". We did.

P>*)))>{

I have to believe that a woman, especially a pretty woman, can do and say things to a macho Mexican cop that wouldn't be tolerated from a man.

woody with a view - 10-7-2012 at 06:47 PM

Quote:
We were not in a hurry...but he was....and we were in Tecate..so those numbes are no good.....I know the ropes.....this was difficult. Thanks though

BUT, if he sees you have some numbers, and you know that the game is afoot, he will pee himself if you give him the chance....

Please, don't ask for solutions if you aren't willing to use those offered!

[Edited on 10-8-2012 by woody with a view]

BajaRae - 10-8-2012 at 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad

Unidad Municipal de Acceso a la Información
Calle Ortiz Rubio # 1310 (y Callejón Libertad)
Zona Centro, Tecate, Baja California
Tel: (665) 654-6010
transparencia@tecate.gob.mx

http://www.tecate.gob.mx/transparencia/

Hours:
Mon-Fri: 8:00am -8:00pm
Sat: 8:00am-1:00pm

Email:
sindicatura.municipal@tecate.gob.mx
sindicaturamunicipaltecate@hotmail.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sindicatura-Municipal-del-XX-A...

BajaRae - 10-8-2012 at 05:08 AM

Quote:
Quote:

BUT, if he sees you have some numbers, and you know that the game is afoot, he will pee himself if you give him the chance....

Please, don't ask for solutions if you aren't willing to use those offered!

[Edited on 10-8-2012 by woody with a view]

BajaRae - 10-8-2012 at 05:11 AM

wow ok...all I asked for was Tecate sindicatura numbers.....not a lesson from you!
Funny I did have info in my car but forgot about it ...haven't had a problem for about 10 years. Got the numbers now.....the emails don't work so I'm going to try to call from the states to see if they work....Be nice .....

woody with a view - 10-8-2012 at 07:02 AM

yeah, you're right! please disregard everything i've said.

Jack Swords - 10-8-2012 at 07:05 AM

BajaRae: Please ignore any condescending remarks as they do not represent most of us that appreciate your posting. As a dog owner that uses the Tecate exit several times each year with our dog (as many Nomads do), we are greatly interested in any communication you achieve with Mexican authorities. After our typical 12 hour drive to the Tecate border we certainly don't feel like playing games with the local police.

Lee - 10-8-2012 at 07:30 AM

Quote:
wow ok...all I asked for was Tecate sindicatura numbers.....not a lesson from you!
Funny I did have info in my car but forgot about it ...haven't had a problem for about 10 years. Got the numbers now.....the emails don't work so I'm going to try to call from the states to see if they work....Be nice .....

Listen, whatever info you get, could you post it here? If Sindicatura number works, that's a good thing.

Just a reminder about the Tecate story not too long ago. Cop(s) stop a guy, search his truck, find a knife(s), he won't pay on the street, goes to the ''station,'' and he gives in. (Think he had a wife waiting in the truck outside.)

I posted at the same time something that happened to a friend coming through CC late. Pulled over for speeding, he gives the cop his California license (first mistake!). He too goes to the station, a cop there has a ''chart'' with list of offenses and amount of fines -- they hardball him. He gave in and paid too.

Personally, I don't recommend going to any station -- unless it's a legitimate traffic violation. If it's a scam, I think your chances are better on the street, in public, than negotiating with more cops in private. Just my opinion!

BajaRae - 10-8-2012 at 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Swords
BajaRae: Please ignore any condescending remarks as they do not represent most of us that appreciate your posting. As a dog owner that uses the Tecate exit several times each year with our dog (as many Nomads do), we are greatly interested in any communication you achieve with Mexican authorities. After our typical 12 hour drive to the Tecate border we certainly don't feel like playing games with the local police.

BajaRae - 10-8-2012 at 05:52 PM

Thank you so much....we just need the info so we can be prepared....I'm probably going to get my dog a soft crate...just for Tecate...she is ok with a crate...then that problem will be solved...and I will have sindicatura's no.'s on my ID and also on a card...kinda big so I can flash it....why after we have had a great time do we have to deal with jerks.....of course they think we are all rich....I don't know about you but I'm not.....

BajaRae - 10-8-2012 at 05:57 PM

Lee ....not sure how to reply when you quoted....but I agree I wanted to stay in that busy area....and not go anywhere because we knew it was all about money....2 of the emails didn't work and I found another ....I sent the same message this morning and it didn't bounce back yet....but we will see if I get a reply.....I just want sindicatura in Tecate to know they have Bad cops....I'll let you know...Rae

DENNIS - 10-8-2012 at 06:05 PM

Quote:
...then that problem will be solved...

Thanks for the heads-up and keep us posted.

bajaguy - 10-8-2012 at 06:17 PM

Quote:
Lee ....not sure how to reply when you quoted....but I agree I wanted to stay in that busy area....and not go anywhere because we knew it was all about money....2 of the emails didn't work and I found another ....I sent the same message this morning and it didn't bounce back yet....but we will see if I get a reply.....I just want sindicatura in Tecate to know they have Bad cops....I'll let you know...Rae

While you are at it, blast off a couple of e-mails to the Secretary of Tourism for Baja California, Juan Tintos Funcke:

http://www.bajacalifornia.gob.mx/secture/

DENNIS - 10-8-2012 at 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy

While you are at it, blast off a couple of e-mails to the Secretary of Tourism for Baja California, Juan Tintos Funcke:

http://www.bajacalifornia.gob.mx/secture/

Does anyone know how to put together a petition online or here on the board. Heavy participation would get some attention whereas the single complaint will be lost in the wind.

A couple more

bajaguy - 10-8-2012 at 06:26 PM

Eduardo Macias Gonzalez
Director of Facilitation and Tourist Assistance
emacias@baja.gob.mx

Delegation Tecate
subdelegada: Eva Raquel Garcia Rocha ergarcia@baja.gob.mx
Alley Freedom s / n Zona Centro Tecate, BC
Tel and Fax (665) 654-1095

gnukid - 10-8-2012 at 06:58 PM

Not in response to BajaRae but to others in these circumstances in general:

These situations with cops who make unrealistic accusations at US Residents do so in order to get you upset and unable to think straight, the crazier the accusation the more likely you'll lose your mind and start arguing and fall for it and pay a fine to get going. Its a psychological game of of manipulation of USA personality types, a Mexican would never fall for it.

Instead, recall that there is no response required to absurd accusations by crazy people. Obviously, Stay calm. Say nothing. The less you say the better. Silence will speak loudly. Don't even acknowledge the crazy accusations. Just sit calmly. Count down from 10 and move very slowly, take 10 minutes to find your reg and license and sort of stare forward. He'll get the hint quickly and walk away.

If you must say something, say something tangental, such as it's a nice day, how is your family doing. This is kind of like kung fu technique, or art of war. If you fight you are already losing, if you don't fight and show you have more patience than the other you will win.

If staying calm makes no sense, you can try to get really mad but it might fail. Never ever agree to pay anything at all ever in these crazy cop cases, you are fueling a problem and making it certain to continue.

If you really want to engage, do so, tell him you are reporter and you are doing stories on cops who save dogs lives and this is a great story for the news paper and maybe a USA TV show, "Mexico dog cops", HE is going to star in the show. Start writing notes with a big smile and gathering info for the great big new TV start and his great operation, keep asking for all his personal life family info and takei photo and video while he explains the "law", he soon catch on and walk. Smile often.

BajaRae - 10-11-2012 at 05:47 AM

Thanks Bajaguy and Dennis for the emails and no's I'm working on it....so far no replys but hopefully the got the story. I'll let you know if I get a reply....like the idea of a group petition.....
Gunkid....I have gotten out of actually all other atemps to get money....this one was somehow different.....