BajaNomad

Abalone burger recipe

Ron_Perry - 10-12-2012 at 08:17 PM

Help a brother out, I think Shari was the one who severed abalone burgers. Shari, or anybody have a good recipe? I now have about 4 frozen abalone and am read to give them a try. Thanks, Ron

David K - 10-12-2012 at 09:43 PM

Yup and Shari made us abalone burgers last July too.

shari - 10-13-2012 at 07:02 AM

hmmm...if they are whole abalone and in good shape, I would slice them thin, pound them and cook them breaded in garlic butter...dont overcook them.

I make burgers out of the trimmings and/or abalone chunks. I grind the meat and prepare the burger like a normal hamburger...finely diced onion, garlic, tomato bits and I grind up crackers to bind it all together along with an egg and if it's too sticky, I add some flour..make the patties...dust them with flour and fry those suckers up...yum yum...then with a wasabi mayo, pickle...regular burger fixins they are awesome!

tiotomasbcs - 10-13-2012 at 12:57 PM

Oh Yeah! Shari's right, of course. Where you at Ron? Maybe I could help with the prep and...Yyuuummm;):o Delicioso. Tio

zoesterone - 10-13-2012 at 04:37 PM

Abalone is so hard to find, but wondered if there was a place that tended to have it on occasion to buy whole. Makes my mouth water to think about it.

Udo - 10-13-2012 at 04:58 PM

You are killing me, Shari!

Ron_Perry - 1-13-2013 at 08:53 PM

I DID IT...FINALLY! I took Shari's recipe for abalone burgers and gave it a try. I ground up chunks of abalone in my wife's Cuisinart, mixed in some Contadina bread crumbs, chopped up onions and garlic, lime juice, pepper...no tomatoes available. Threw them in the skillet, with only a little canola oil. Toasted wheat bread, butter lettuce, avocado and salsa mix, and a bit of ketchup. Excellent! Ron

shari - 1-13-2013 at 09:36 PM

good for you Ron....arent they the bomb!!! I'll take a deep bow now...

desertcpl - 1-14-2013 at 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron_Perry
I DID IT...FINALLY! I took Shari's recipe for abalone burgers and gave it a try. I ground up chunks of abalone in my wife's Cuisinart, mixed in some Contadina bread crumbs, chopped up onions and garlic, lime juice, pepper...no tomatoes available. Threw them in the skillet, with only a little canola oil. Toasted wheat bread, butter lettuce, avocado and salsa mix, and a bit of ketchup. Excellent! Ron

Ketchup????? UGH