BajaNomad

Multi-day kayak tripping - wanna team up?

wilderone - 10-19-2012 at 08:04 AM

I've been loosely planning a kayak trip in Baja, CA - two water segments: [the old] camp Gecko to Bahia Animas, and the inside east coast of Bahia Conception peninsula to the point - maybe around it too depending on what it looks like.

No or little risk taking - slow and easy - multiple stops for exploring, hiking, snorkling, fishing.

Was thinking right after Christmas for a couple weeks. Camping en route. Maybe a couple days at Lopez Mateos kayaking around there, then head home.

If you're interested, u2u me.

wilderone - 11-22-2012 at 09:38 AM

Really? 1,600 views and nobody wants to go kayaking with me? How 'bout a backpack trip from Rcho. Santa Inez to Papa Fernandez at Gonzaga Bay (more or less)? I've got a couple extra backpacks.

MikeYounghusband - 11-22-2012 at 12:07 PM

How about a mule trip from Rancho Nuevo to Comandu and back

desertcpl - 11-22-2012 at 12:12 PM

might be the weather this time of the year, you might have more interest when it warms up alot more

wilderone - 11-22-2012 at 12:20 PM

I was considering late December, early January. Nights are cold, but days are just right - you're not guzzling water all the time in the heat of the day, and sweating and dehydrating.

Hook - 11-22-2012 at 08:41 PM

Yeah, I think the weather is keeping people away, especially the chance of winds in both locations. That east side of Concepcion is not very protected in NW winds, either, is it?

Good locations; maybe just not the right time of year. Late October, early November would be perfect.

wilderone - 11-23-2012 at 06:40 PM

"How about a mule trip from Rancho Nuevo to Comandu and back"

ooooh yeah, babe - let's go!

Mula - 11-23-2012 at 06:47 PM

I've got 3 mules and would be interested the end of Dec into January.
Mike's already checked this route out.
I just haven't had the time.

wilderone - 11-24-2012 at 08:56 AM

I definitely would do this - end of Dec. - January. With a shorter trip (relative to Mike's "Journey"), maybe we can carry a much lighter backpack, and put most of the food and heavier gear on the mulas (more comfortable days with a lighter pack). see U2U

shari - 11-24-2012 at 02:51 PM

I sure would love to do a mule trip with you both to Comondu...hmmmm...how can I get away with it?????

wilderone - 11-26-2012 at 09:49 AM

"how can I get away with it?????"

Just do it.

David K - 11-26-2012 at 05:49 PM

Where is Baja Bucko? Is there any section of the Camino Real she has still not ridden on?

Mike, where is the 'Rancho Nuevo' you are starting at (I know Rancho Viejo in the area, the original site of San Javier mission)?

Mula - 11-26-2012 at 05:57 PM

Rancho Viejo is just past Rancho Nuevo on the other side of the road. Tista has Rancho Viejo and Bule has Rancho Nuevo. Neighbors.

David K - 11-26-2012 at 06:32 PM

LOL... that's funny... but neat to name one Old Ranch and the newer one next door, New Ranch! Thanks Mula, I don't have a map that shows it and didn't see (or remember today) a sign for it when we drove by in 2009.