BajaNomad

Mormons are battling the cartels in Mexico.

luv2fish - 10-20-2012 at 11:12 PM

I came across this video, about the Romney Family's ties to Northern Mexico.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpIyaIHsJbc&feature=relmf...

[Edited on 10-23-2012 by luv2fish]

dean miller - 10-22-2012 at 04:40 AM

Very Interesting ...Thanks for sharing

As I recall a member of this board "InvesiGator" (?) was also from the colonies.

SDM

luv2fish - 10-22-2012 at 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dean miller
Very Interesting ...Thanks for sharing

As I recall a member of this board "InvesiGator" (?) was also from the colonies.

SDM

It's an amazing video that shows, one can take measures to protect oneself. Also I think El Investigator was from the Baja Mexico Colonies. But the story he posted was awesome. Life gave him lemons and he used them to make Cadillac margaritas...... Very inspirational..;););)

dean miller - 10-22-2012 at 07:29 AM

Is Investigator still posting?

I was unaware of Mormon Colonies in Baja...Can you provide details? Location?
Numbers?
Time factor?

SDM

CortezBlue - 10-22-2012 at 08:42 AM

Probably the nicest building in San Felipe is the LDS church close to downtown.

CortezBlue - 10-22-2012 at 09:18 AM

Interesting video. Living in AZ and being around many Mormons, I am amazed to see Mormons drinking Tequila and Beers in the video.

luv2fish - 10-22-2012 at 02:51 PM

Quote:

Numbers?
Time factor?

SDM

I'm not sure exactly where, I believe that they were somewhere north of SanQuintin. Im sure David K would have more info.

On the Mormon Trail ?

MrBillM - 10-22-2012 at 09:03 PM

Look for an area with a lot of empty Postum containers in the trash ?

vgabndo - 10-22-2012 at 09:50 PM

Los Pinos?
http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/statistics/units/mexico/stat...

Neal Johns - 10-22-2012 at 10:07 PM

“Is Investigator still posting?
Numbers?
Time factor?
SDM”

There are currently two main Mormon (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) colonies in Mexico now; Colonia Juarez and Colonia Dublan. They are about 130 miles below Arizona. They should not be confused with the two Fundamentalist Mormon colonies a few tens of miles away that the LeBaron’s populate. There were originally 15 or 16 small colonies established around 1885. The LeBaron colonies still have some polygamy while Juarez and Dublan are mainstream Mormon where polygamy will get you immediately kicked out of the main Mormon LDS Church.
Elinvestig8r ran away from his cruel stepfather, Ervil LeBaron, in Colonia LeBaron when he was 12 and barely survived until “adopted” by Mama Espinoza of El Rosario. Mama is famous for helping gringo’s passing by before the road was paved. She was educated in the USA. He posted about Mama’s birthday four days ago. He is a winner!

And, no, I’m not a Mormon.
Neal

irenemm - 10-22-2012 at 10:11 PM

The Mormon Colony was just on the south side of Colonia Vicente Guerrero. It is called Ej Zarahemla. Still a few Mormons there, Most left in the late 80's early 90's.

Ateo - 10-22-2012 at 10:48 PM

Oh gosh I'm holding my tongue! Peace my brothers and sisters to all on the planet earth.

dean miller - 10-23-2012 at 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
Oh gosh I'm holding my tongue! Peace my brothers and sisters to all on the planet earth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
it must be difficult holding your tongue and eating...and drinking...and kissing ..and...

Peace to you ...

SDM

dean miller - 10-23-2012 at 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by irenemm
The Mormon Colony was just on the south side of Colonia Vicente Guerrero. It is called Ej Zarahemla. Still a few Mormons there, Most left in the late 80's early 90's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you.
I now recall the settlement on the side of the hill - well laid out, always clean and neatappearing.

SDM

Mula - 10-23-2012 at 05:37 AM

There are 3 Mormon churches or temples in BCS that I know of:
Guerrero Negro
Ciudad Constituction
LaPaz

Russ - 10-23-2012 at 08:31 AM

We have LDS come by here on occasionally and they are much different than NOB.
If you don't want to talk religion they don't and are quite nice. In the States I'd get fuming mad and threaten then to leave NOW or get hurt. Here I'll visit if we don't get into religion. Never thought I'd say that!
:?:

DENNIS - 10-23-2012 at 08:38 AM

Quote:

Yeah...he is, but he seems to hang out in Off Topic where he can vent his unrequited anger. He's a regular over on Fulano's site as well.

David K - 10-23-2012 at 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
We have LDS come by here on occasionally and they are much different than NOB.
If you don't want to talk religion they don't and are quite nice. In the States I'd get fuming mad and threaten then to leave NOW or get hurt. Here I'll visit if we don't get into religion. Never thought I'd say that!
:?:

I hope you are a good host and offer them a cup of coffee, or a beer and a smoke! :lol:

Bajajorge - 10-23-2012 at 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
Interesting video. Living in AZ and being around many Mormons, I am amazed to see Mormons drinking Tequila and Beers in the video.

To my knowlege Mormons that don't follow all the rules of being strict Mormon are called Jack Mormons.

Those who don't know JACK

MrBillM - 10-23-2012 at 12:15 PM

Don't know many Mormons.

At family and friends get-togethers, a bunch of the men would invariably end up in some corner of the back yard where they could smoke and have the womenfolk simply ignore the fact.

Out of sight, out of mind.

durrelllrobert - 10-23-2012 at 01:10 PM

There is alsoa small colonia just south of Tecate. By the way, don't forget that Harry Reed (D) and speaker of the Senate is also a Mormon.

dean miller - 10-24-2012 at 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
There is alsoa small colonia just south of Tecate. By the way, don't forget that Harry Reed (D) and speaker of the Senate is also a Mormon. '

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Most , Mormons, Catholics and Jews would rather forget about Harry Reed

CortezBlue - 10-24-2012 at 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
Los Pinos?

Your link to the LDS church was valid but you have to separate Temples from Stakes and wards.

Per your link it shows no Temples, however there are many wards. As I mentioned, the nicest building in San Felipe is the LDS church or ward.

And no I'm not Mormon but I think I am voting for one!! :tumble:

CortezBlue - 10-24-2012 at 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajajorge
Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue

To my knowlege Mormons that don't follow all the rules of being strict Mormon are called Jack Mormons.

Reminds me of a great Mormon joke

How do you keep a Mormon from drinking all of your beer on a fishing trip?

Islandbuilder - 10-24-2012 at 12:26 PM

Invite a second Mormon to come along?

dean miller - 10-24-2012 at 04:03 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Your link to the LDS church was valid but you have to separate Temples from Stakes and wards.

Per your link it shows no Temples, however there are many wards. As I mentioned, the nicest building in San Felipe is the LDS church or ward.

And no I'm not Mormon but I think I am voting for one!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Better a Mormon than a Muslim !

dean miller - 10-25-2012 at 01:40 PM

Three books re Mormons in Mexico on E bay;

* Mormon Colonies in Mexico by Thomas Cottam Romney (2005, Paperback)

* Colonia Juarez: Commemorating 125 Years of the Mormon Colonies in Mexico

* History of the Mormon Colonies in Mexico - The Juarez Stake - 1885-1980

sdm

Fair and Balanced

MrBillM - 10-29-2012 at 04:21 PM

Since we've tried the Muslim President, we should try the Mormon.