BajaNomad

RV park in Ciudad or Insurgentes area?

Howard - 10-26-2012 at 05:26 PM

OK, I am taking the, "Gringo Express" a 30 foot RV from the East Cape to Scorpion Bay area. I really don't want to make the drive in one day, so who can recommend a RV park to break up the drive? A pool would be nice but not completely needed.

I would like to make it at least 80-90 % of the way. What's out there?

Also, looking for a motel in the area where I will be praking the RV in Scorpion Bay area. Hook ups not needed. Any suggestions on where to "camp" the RV and where my friends can stay?

Thanks,
Howard

Mula - 10-26-2012 at 05:39 PM

Mike and Bertha's Palapa 206
Good Place to Chat & Stay
Ciudad Constitución, Baja California Sur

Phone: (011-52-) 613-132-3463
Rates: $5-11 per 2 people
Type of Hookup: 6 Full Hook Ups 6 with electric only
Total Sites: Approximately 62
15 pull thus
Electricity/ Amps: 15
Open all year
Groceries
Recreation/eating Palapa

Mula - 10-26-2012 at 05:43 PM

I can not recommend Misiones RV park at KM 213 just to the north of Constitucion. Last time I was there it was very disorganized and not clean.

Does have an empty, dirty pool, tho'.

Maybe it's better now.

fish101 - 10-27-2012 at 06:00 AM

You might want to call Mike & Cholie in Loreto to find out about Scorpion Bay and places to stay there..They recently bought a house out there and are having Chris working on it (Gringo living in Scorpion Bay, but worked on the La Missione Hotel when they were remodeling it). Also, I would check the road conditions before heading out that way, as the Hurricane hit that area and caused a lot of flooding and possibly road damage....

Mula - 10-27-2012 at 06:27 AM

Luis Beachum in Scorpion Bay has a few rooms he rents out there to the Aeromedicos when they come down.

Don't know how to contact him, but it's a name anyway.

Also, just drove that road a week ago and it is JUST FINE after Paul.

Lee - 10-27-2012 at 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mula
I can not recommend Misiones RV park at KM 213 just to the north of Constitucion. Last time I was there it was very disorganized and not clean.

Does have an empty, dirty pool, tho'.

Maybe it's better now.

Stayed there last March and the pool was fine. Nobody else there.

Curt63 - 10-27-2012 at 07:32 AM

In June 2011, I had a very good experience at Misiones RV Park in Constitucion.