BajaNomad

WTF??????

M - 11-3-2012 at 01:55 PM

I have created 2 posts since my 4 day trip, the return from MX> to visit Mindy. After a LONG trip report, once I hit 'enter' to move to another line and another time, I hit the space bar to seperate words. In both cases, my posts just, 'dissapeared, lost forever.:fire:

WTF?

I had time then to post, but then, once I opened my email, my attorney informed me, I am in 'contempt of due process' because I am refusing to sign a realtor agreement to immediately sell my home from under me. ( I was given no say as to the choice of realtor) that will put a lock box on my door, 10AM Monday. I called David last Thureday to tell him, I physically cannot do that. On Friday, he and his attorney filed contempt charges. I have nowhere to go with 3 pets I was left with. I have 1 hr. to vacate while the house is shown', insane! some days I can't move let alone vacate in 1 hour. Once sold, I have 24 hrs. to vacate with all my stuff. There is a waithing list for this complex, no mater the condition It needs work, paint, carpet, water damage in the garage, etc. BUT, it WILL sell within days at a consederable loss.

I was told a contempt charge is a criminal offense and I can only wait for the Sheriffs to haul me away to Santa Ana, then, probably right away just release me onto the sreets. 45 miles from home.

Has ANYBODY heard of such a thing? I have 2 dr's. orders that I CANNOT handle the physical damage of a move. David is also threatening to cancell my insurance. I will be good as new after the surgery, David even promised to wait until the,

My attorney is in courts mornings, but, Mon. 10 AM was the plan pf David's attorney. No time to halt this.

ANY experience or advice would help. YES, I have checked legal help boards, no help.

I realize this is NOT Baja related, I'm just requesting any experience possibly from another Amigo. NOT a rude boerd, board boy.

I will send a trip report ASAP when I can get a breather.
If it helps,it was a 2 hr. wait at the TJ berder on Tuesday at 9:30 AM.

Hugs,
M

When I have time again, I will post a trip report. Mindy and her Mom where incredibly gracious and good hosts, it felt, SO GOOD, to see an amigo after so long.....

Skipjack Joe - 11-3-2012 at 02:29 PM

Yes, it can be very frustrating to lose your post during the 'send' phase of a post. Usually it goes like this:

a. You compose a post.
b. You enter 'post reply' and your post never gets to the nomad server.
c. You hit the back arrow and get to the form where you wrote your masterpiece. Only now it's empty space. No way to recover.

The only thing I've come up with is that if I notice the 'send' taking a long time I do a 'select all' and 'copy' as fast as possible. That's <cntl><a> followed by <cntl><c>.

EnsenadaDr - 11-3-2012 at 02:47 PM

It's ok M, any posts about the San Diego Chargers and other "male" topics (a repeating NON Baja related one is "What Costco is better in Chula Vista?") are never moved to off-topic, similarly female posts such as relationship issues, etc. are promptly met with, "How is this Baja related?" or just simply whisked off to OT.

[Edited on 11-3-2012 by EnsenadaDr]

DENNIS - 11-3-2012 at 02:48 PM

I keep my left index hovering around the shift key so I can get caps when I need them, but when I lower the finger, as from gravity alone, and it touches the shift key for a while, I lose everything.
I'm getting the best of left side paralysis, but things arn't yet totally under control.
Poco a Poco.

DENNIS - 11-3-2012 at 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
It's ok M, any posts about the San Diego Chargers and other "male" topics (a repeating NON Baja related one is "What Costco is better in Chula Vista?") are never moved to off-topic, similarly female posts such as relationship issues, etc. are promptly met with, "How is this Baja related?" or just simply whisked off to OT.

How is this Baja related?? :lol:

EnsenadaDr - 11-3-2012 at 02:52 PM

You might try to go to the courthouse early in the morning, ask for an emergency ex-parte hearing with the Judge ordering teh removal, tell him your physical problems and and get a "stay". Also ask when the courthouse has free legal advice, most do. You also could go to the Sheriff's office and see if they have any suggestions.

EnsenadaDr - 11-3-2012 at 02:57 PM

The other thing is, if they are filing contempt charges, you have to have received service of the hearing, you are supposed to be at the hearing at any contempt hearing. Go first thing in the morning on Monday and tell the Court you need to tell the Judge you never received notification of the contempt hearing and see if you can see the same Judge that signed the order and ask him for a proof of service and a "stay' also mentioning your physical problems.

DavidE - 11-3-2012 at 03:16 PM

Dang, I gotta remember to post my shopping next to the Mexican border in the ITALY or TIBET forum.

Timo1 - 11-3-2012 at 03:20 PM

oh brother !!!

:no: :wow: :o

What???

bajaguy - 11-3-2012 at 03:31 PM

Quote:
". Also ask when the courthouse has free legal advice, most do. You also could go to the Sheriff's office and see if they have any suggestions.

The law in California prohibits courthouse staff employees giving you legal advice.....there are signs all over referencing the law.

The sheriff's office SHOULDN't give you legal advice.

Most large counties have Legal Aid to assist people. You might also want to contact the Public Defender...........

Legal help vs. legal advice

EnsenadaDr - 11-3-2012 at 03:51 PM

Many years back, when my son had been kidnapped to Australia, I went to the Family court and they have certain days (as well as the General Court) that they have pro bono volunteer lawyers that set up an area for legal advice. I know in Hawaii they were doing it last month (I had several tenant issues they helped me with). I did not mention Court clerks or employees of the Court. The Sheriff's office could direct you, sometimes, for example an eviction notice is placed on the tenant's door by the landlord, but technically until it is a final order by the Judge it can't be enforced by the Sheriff's department. Court employees can DIRECT the person to the proper venue, i.e. can give the person the correct paper for exparte hearings, restraining orders, eviction processes.
Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Quote:
". Also ask when the courthouse has free legal advice, most do. You also could go to the Sheriff's office and see if they have any suggestions.

The law in California prohibits courthouse staff employees giving you legal advice.....there are signs all over referencing the law.

The sheriff's office SHOULDN't give you legal advice.

Most large counties have Legal Aid to assist people. You might also want to contact the Public Defender...........

"Male topics"???????

thebajarunner - 11-3-2012 at 04:39 PM

Quote:

[Edited on 11-3-2012 by EnsenadaDr]

Is someone having a little "gender crisis" here?
Inquiring minds are wondering....
rather snitty there, doc lady...

Hook - 11-3-2012 at 04:44 PM

Just the usual ADND symptoms (Attention DEFICIT on Nomads Disorder) from the good Doctor.

Not the medical condition; the psychological one.

vanishing master piece !!

captkw - 11-3-2012 at 06:01 PM

LOL and I thought It was just me !! happens so much to me that I guess half my posts is a fury of a repost so as not to lose my thoughts.....guess what ??? I think I have pulled that off once or twice !!! now you folks know why some...ok,ok..mosts of mine may not be .....ummm....perfect !!! K&T:cool: Now that you mention it about the send reacting slower than norm and puff !! GONE !!

[Edited on 11-4-2012 by captkw]

EnsenadaDr - 11-3-2012 at 07:17 PM

Well, I just know I have had posts criticized and removed when people started complaining that they weren't Baja connected...yet others stay...so you tell me...why are some non-related Baja posts kept on yet others are removed...it would seem to be what is more popular, and that would seem to be with the guys mostly. Hook, let's see your qualifications to diagnose...didn't know you were a psychiatrist.

DENNIS - 11-3-2012 at 07:23 PM

Quote:
Hook, let's see your qualifications to diagnose...didn't know you were a psychiatrist.

If the DSM-4 was a bathroom book, everybody would be a psychiatrist. :biggrin:

Vanishing Post Problem

Gypsy Jan - 11-3-2012 at 07:46 PM

Hi M,

When I want to do a lengthy post, I found that opening up a word document where I could edit the rant/emotion and fix the grammar was the way to go.

And then I go away and think about it and come back and decide if I want to edit it or post it as is.

If the post disappears for some reason, you can rescue it from the Word program.

Best wishes for the resolution of your legal problems,

GJ

Paulina - 11-3-2012 at 10:09 PM

Hi M,

I was going to suggest the same process that Jan did. I usually write anything that takes mental energy on word document then copy and paste it here.

Regarding your legal issues, have you checked with your local women's shelter? Sometimes they will have legal resources available, or be able to send you in the right direction. Sounds to me like your stbx and his attorney are trying scare tactics on you. Don't let it work.

P>*)))>{

BajaBlanca - 11-4-2012 at 12:12 PM

so sorry to hear about your major troubles.

what you need is a good attorney who might do this pro bono.

anyone got a contact?

BajaBlanca - 11-4-2012 at 12:14 PM

M- you might even call the sherriff and ask about this whole process. It just seems wrong.

gnukid - 11-4-2012 at 07:09 PM

Sometimes when things are coming to an end and you have no legal position to fall back on, it's best to move forward with energy on next steps to move forward toward a place to live. If you are not a legal owner of the home you may need to accept it's time to move out and focus on yourself, perhaps a family member or friend can take you in even if they are far away, it could be the best option now.

Zapotec - 11-4-2012 at 07:48 PM

If I was in M's shoes, I would take gnukid's advice. Sounds very logical.

I dont have any answers !!

captkw - 11-4-2012 at 08:28 PM

But,, one of my fav songs..."Turn the page"..Bob seger...K&T

[Edited on 11-5-2012 by captkw]

rhintransit - 11-4-2012 at 09:08 PM

gnu kid and captkw said what I wanted to say but couldn't express as succinctly.
(least we start the gender-bashing again, I'm female!)
chins up, move on. to paraphrase a poem I remember from the dark days of my divorce: accept your defeats with the grace of a woman, not the grief of a child.

EnsenadaDr - 11-7-2012 at 07:25 PM

so what happened??