BajaNomad

Mexican Jail

dtutko1 - 12-10-2012 at 06:42 AM

3 words you do not want to hear in a Mexican jail..
Jesus Loves You.:lol:

Terry28 - 12-10-2012 at 10:42 AM

Worse..........".bend over gringo."....

estebanis - 12-10-2012 at 04:18 PM

Way back in the mid-eighties I spent a night in the Cabo Jail that was up in the plaza before it moved to the east. I had an altercation with my mexican partner after he threw my wife on the rock beach at Pirates cove while he was in a drunken rage.
Warning never throw my wife on the ground in my presence. I beat the tar out of him and picked up one of those rocks. Then the weirdest thing I felt someone grap my wrist and shake it out of my hand. There was nobody near me.
Witnesses reported I had beaten him with said rock. The comandante had us both thrown in the Bote and sent him and my wife to the clinic. He had no signs of being hit by a rock. My wife however had a huge bump from the rocks when he threw her down.
To the point of the post. I listened to him mumble all night how he was going to get his assasino amigo to kill me etc...
My wife negotiated with the Comandante for my release in the morning. We packed our stuff including my test equipment, parts and tools into the Yacht "Happy Days" for Capt. Mike Pearlman and got paid all expenses to deliver that nice Ford Club Wagon to the U.S.
The Parrs had me back about 2 seasons later working for them in the morning and in the bay on yachts in the afternoon and evening for 4 years.

DENNIS - 12-10-2012 at 05:09 PM

OK...jail stories. Nine or ten years back, I was being deported for not having immigration papers and in the process, I spent a few days in as many jails between home and the border. While in the Ensenada lock-up with a bunch of really scary street people, I befriended the mob in an unusual manner.
The jailers had recently started to feed the prisoners as a result of pressure from human rights groups and the fare was usually a watery soup with four semi fresh tortillas.....more if you asked. I don't know how the soup tasted because I passed on it, but the tortillas came in handy.
One of my inmate brothers had a violent case of the trots and had to spend a lot of time squatting over the hole in the ground that served as a toilet and he asked me if I had some paper he could use. The room was definitly in need of room service.
Anyway, I said no I didn't, but use these, and I handed him my tortillas. He looked at me like I was nuts, took the tortillas and applyed them where most needed.
All of the other inmates quietly thought that was at once sacrilegious, but brilliant as most of them had the same G.I. distress and no paper, and I instantly became one with my roomys.

[Edited on 12-11-2012 by DENNIS]

Marc - 12-10-2012 at 05:16 PM

Just heard on the radio a US Marine is being held in Messico for improperly declaring a hunting shotgun. News is he is being brutalized by inmates and officials alike. He refuses to "confess" to smuggling arms. Mexico can be such a P***hole .:barf::barf::barf:

DENNIS - 12-10-2012 at 05:49 PM

A few yers back, some Marine MPs drove right through the border fully armed. Said they were lost or something like that.
Mexico cried like it was an invasion.

DENNIS - 12-10-2012 at 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Just heard on the radio a US Marine is being held in Messico for improperly declaring a hunting shotgun. News is he is being brutalized by inmates and officials alike. He refuses to "confess" to smuggling arms. Mexico can be such a P***hole .:barf::barf::barf:

http://www.examiner.com/article/marine-mexican-jail-family-p...

mojo_norte - 12-10-2012 at 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marc

It sucks but he probably broke Mexican law or at least their interpretation of it - just confess and pay the fine and get on with it. Mexico's no place to make a stand on gun rights or any other rights for that matter IMHO

Leo - 12-10-2012 at 07:30 PM

Good story Dennis. Love your inventivenes! But glad I was not there.

willardguy - 12-10-2012 at 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
A few yers back, some Marine MPs drove right through the border fully armed. Said they were lost or something like that.
Mexico cried like it was an invasion.
I wonder what would happen if the roles were reversed??:?:

DENNIS - 12-10-2012 at 07:51 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
I wonder what would happen if the roles were reversed??:?:

Probably would have been a real mess....one that would be cleaned up with a water hose.

Bomberro - 12-11-2012 at 06:18 AM

Read on another forum the Marine's 410 shotgun he tried to declare may have had too short a barrel. This changed the offense to a more serious crime. Really hope our political folks can work with Mexico to get his release.

tiotomasbcs - 12-11-2012 at 07:32 AM

Glad this didn't morph into more bad jokes; DT has used this one on me for years! Now, about the time we were in Hussongs and some girl slapped my face and ......;D:yes: Tio

dtbushpilot - 12-11-2012 at 07:45 AM

Why would you bring a gun on an "innocent surfing trip"? Why would you bing one to MX at all? Something smells fishy.....

DENNIS - 12-11-2012 at 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
Why would you bring a gun on an "innocent surfing trip"? Why would you bing one to MX at all? Something smells fishy.....

Maybe he was reading Maggie's Blog......... not that it's a bad thing. I read it all the time. She even mentioned my name the other day, Dennis, with her affectionate nickname for me, "loser".

mcfez - 12-11-2012 at 11:20 AM

Let me see if I read your post correctly.......... the source for all of the sh*tty burritos in Baja I've have had ....is due to you ? :lol:

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
OK...jail stories. Nine or ten years back, I was being deported for not having immigration papers and in the process, I spent a few days in as many jails between home and the border. While in the Ensenada lock-up with a bunch of really scary street people, I befriended the mob in an unusual manner.
The jailers had recently started to feed the prisoners as a result of pressure from human rights groups and the fare was usually a watery soup with four semi fresh tortillas.....more if you asked. I don't know how the soup tasted because I passed on it, but the tortillas came in handy.
One of my inmate brothers had a violent case of the trots and had to spend a lot of time squatting over the hole in the ground that served as a toilet and he asked me if I had some paper he could use. The room was definitly in need of room service.
Anyway, I said no I didn't, but use these, and I handed him my tortillas. He looked at me like I was nuts, took the tortillas and applyed them where most needed.
All of the other inmates quietly thought that was at once sacrilegious, but brilliant as most of them had the same G.I. distress and no paper, and I instantly became one with my roomys.

[Edited on 12-11-2012 by DENNIS]

DENNIS - 12-11-2012 at 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
Let me see if I read your post correctly.......... the source for all of the sh*tty burritos in Baja I've have had ....is due to you ? :lol:

Yep....Mea Culpa........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjK30nhy7CU

GUESSING GAME TIME

DavidE - 12-11-2012 at 03:39 PM

HOW MANY METERS WOULD THIS CAR GET INTO MEXICO BEFORE IT WAS HIJACKED? Single digit guesses only

[img]http://www.sfgate.com/art/article/Once-lowly-lowriders-now-riding-high-4106179.php#next[/img]

QUETZALCOATL - 12-12-2012 at 02:16 PM

oh my mcfex sadly its not a fishing report and your not crying why?????????