BajaNomad

Soul Migrations film premiers at Wild & Scenic Film Festival

shari - 1-10-2013 at 08:26 AM

Some of you may recall last year that I was involved in a film project with a wonderful group of educators, students and Chris Scammon's family...a direct descendant of Charles Scammon of Scammon's Lagoon fame.

It was a moving experience and the film is done and being shown in Nevada City this weekend if anybody wants to see it. This film festival is awesome and you wont be disappointed. Here is a note from Synergia Newsletter about the Premier.

"Many of you have followed the Soul Migration story through this newsletter and our Kickstarter campaign from nearly a year ago. Soul Migration is the newest documentary from Finding the Good/Synergia and we have just finished the final editing.

The film follows the story of Chris Scammon, descendant of Captain Charles Melville Scammon, the 19th century whaler responsible for the near-extinction of the California gray whale. In March 2012, Chris, his wife Janet, and their son Alex traveled to Scammon’s Lagoon with the Finding the Good crew. Together we explored what it means to take a hard look at the past, and envision a very different future.

We are pleased to announce that the film is finished and ready for its first audience at the Wild and Scenic Film Festival! Hoping that some of you will join us, details follow:

Wild and Scenic Film Festival
www.wildandscenicfilmfestival.org
Nevada City, CA
January 10-13, 2012

Soul Migration screens Friday evening at the Nevada Theater. The session starts at 7:00 P.M. and Soul Migration shows around 8:00. "

Second screening Soul Migration. Saturday afternoon session “Celebrating Oceans” at the Stone Hall of the Miner’s Foundry. Shows around 3:00 P.M."

Here was Chris's first contact with a whale...a very emotional moment indeed.

Here is a link to Synergia's programs.
http://www.findingthegood.org/Finding_the_Good/Home.html

whatiswest - 1-10-2013 at 04:34 PM

That sounds like a great documentary Shari. Thank you for sharing.
Will you be present for the screening? I'll try to make it.

shari - 1-10-2013 at 05:44 PM

I wish I could be but just not in the cards for me...but it will be a wonderful evening of documentaries with lots of neat people to chat with...if you go, tell Mr.Scammon hola from me! He is a really interesting guy.