BajaNomad

Because there are new members still not finding the how to add photos here. Updated for 2019

David K - 1-18-2013 at 05:56 PM

June 2019 Update:

To post photos from your Pictures folder on your computer...

Go to www.Postimages.org, make an album if you want to organize your photos to find them easily in the future (by date or by subject). No cost to use Postimages.org.

Change the upload setting from "Do not resize my image" to 640x480 (recommended for forums) or 800x600 (max. on Nomad). You click on the little arrow to see the size choices.

Click "Choose images" and select the photos you want to put on Nomad from your Pictures folder.

Click on the image you want on Nomad and click on "Share" at the top of the screen.

Choose "Hotlinks for forums" (down next to the last one). You can click the little box at the right end of the link and it is now saved on your mouse.

Go to Nomad and paste that link onto the place where you are typing on Nomad. You can put text in below the photo for a caption for your post and if you double space between photo links (for clarity), you can put several photos and captions in a single post on Nomad. You can click "Preview" on Nomad to check and see how it will look before posting to the board.

If you need to fix a post after it is done, click on "Edit" along the edge of your post, and change or delete your post. If you edit more than once, you can delete the previous Edited on tags so only one edit tag will appear after you edit the post.
==============================================================

[Edited on 3-5-2022 by David K]

ROO ROH !!

captkw - 1-18-2013 at 06:08 PM

Thanks DK, Now I'm running out of excuses !! LOL ! :spingrin:.K&T:cool:

[Edited on 1-19-2013 by captkw]

bajario - 1-18-2013 at 08:42 PM

There still should be a much easier way. I don't do well with directions nowadays. Very little patience.

Should just be an upload photo button and voila it pops up.

Bajaboy - 1-18-2013 at 09:01 PM

This should read How to upload pictures from Photobucket. I already upload my pictures to Picassa and don't want to repeat the process. If anyone knows an easy way to upload from Picassa, I'd love to hear. In the meantime, I'll just pics to my albums.

monoloco - 1-18-2013 at 09:31 PM

It's a PITA having to upload photos to a hosting site to post them on this forum.

[Edited on 1-19-2013 by monoloco]

weebray - 1-19-2013 at 05:49 PM

On the other hand it saves us from having to wade thru a bunch of bad photos.

Ron_Perry - 1-20-2013 at 07:37 AM

Ok David, help a brother out...again. I edited a picture from 4320 X 3240 and 3.19mb to....791 x 594 and 291kb.
Am I in the neighborhood? Is this right?...I have failed so many times in the past I am shell shocked and afraid to fail again.
David, THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP!....over the years. Ron

Bob and Susan - 1-20-2013 at 07:49 AM

actually everyone that uses windows has a resizing program called "paint"

it degrades pictures

just resize until its under 50k
then upload

if you dont know what size it is just right-click the picture and hit properties
you will see the size
reduce it until it's below 50k

its pretty easy

[Edited on 1-20-2013 by Bob and Susan]

bnsize.jpg - 47kB

bajario - 1-20-2013 at 08:20 AM

Test-Paint

Rio-Scorp Bay 2012.jpg - 43kB

Ron_Perry - 1-20-2013 at 08:22 AM

I'v changed the pixels to 791 x 594...is the problem the 291kb? Thanks, Ron
P.S. Don't hate me for being an computer idiot!

[Edited on 1-20-2013 by Ron_Perry]

David K - 1-20-2013 at 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron_Perry
I'v changed the pixels to 791 x 594...is the problem the 291kb? Thanks, Ron
P.S. Don't hate me for being an computer idiot!

[Edited on 1-20-2013 by Ron_Perry]

Good Morning Ron,

Where are the photos hosted? If on Photobucket then use their resizing tool when uploading, and it only changes the visual size and not quality as the Paint method does (which also limits you to saving it on Nomad and allowing just one photo per post).

If you want to host the image on Nomad and show just one photo, then it must be reduced to less than 50kb. That can be a chore and you want to make sure you do that to a duplicate of your photo and not ruin the original.

If you want the photo to be higher quality, host it on another web site such as photobucket.com, choose the upload options feature to resize the photo to 800 pixels wide max. or best at 640 pixels wide. When you move your mouse over your photo (in your photobucket album), a pop up will appear with links to use. Pick the IMG link for posting on forums (BajaNomad, etc.).

Paste the image link here, where you type on Nomad, add a caption, double space between photo if you have more than one to show.

If the photo is on another web site and there is no pop up set of codes, then copy the image url which you can find with your mouse and the properties feature (the url begins with http:// and ends with .jpg or other code), come back to Nomad where you are posting a message and click the button above the message box that looks like a photo, this one:

and a pop up will appear where you insert your photo's url.

If it is on another website, then it is likely already sized to not distort the web site's page (ie. under 800 pixels wide, in the case of Baja Nomad). You don't need the photo button if your image is already tagged [img] and [/img], as is the case with Photobucket's IMG link for your photos.

Practice!:light:

[Edited on 1-20-2013 by David K]

Bob and Susan - 1-20-2013 at 10:47 AM

davidk...kinda of advanced don't you think...

don't you think someone should walk BEFORE they run:o:o

bajario - 1-20-2013 at 09:25 PM

The paint program was easy. Thanks for the heads up.

bajafreaks - 1-21-2013 at 09:08 AM

Wanted to give it a try.
Los Barriles May 2012

bajafreaks - 1-21-2013 at 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Excellent Photo and sized to 800 pixels... good job!

Thanks David, believe me if I can do it anyone can do it.
FYI- There is a newer version of Phototbucket if someone is new to that site but theres also a option on the main page allowing you to go to the "original version" which is like yours and McFez's explaination. Its near the top small print in blue.

Good info post David

mcfez - 1-23-2013 at 10:27 PM

However...................

If you the user is still at a lost how to post a picture......

Email it to deno@gigo.com (that's me)

I will re-size it for you ....or post it for you

All charges will be sent to DENNIS ;)

SFandH - 1-24-2013 at 08:00 AM

The following image is in one of my Picasa albums. When viewing the photo in your album select:

Link to this photo

The size you want (this is 800 pixels)

The image only checkbox

Copy the "Embed image" URL to your Baja Nomad post.

Add [ img ] to the front and [ /img ] to the end, without the spaces.

I would bet all the major cloud based photo sharing applications have this functionality. The important aspect is to get the URL that has the jpg or gif extension so it displays using the BB markup codes used by Baja Nomad. I don't know if the png extension works here.

[Edited on 1-24-2013 by SFandH]

SFandH - 1-24-2013 at 08:15 AM

For those who haven't used graphics editors before and want to, I recommend the following software. I've been using it for about 15 years, professionally before I retired. It has all the functions you need and is inexpensive. Good software IMHO

Paint Shop Pro

David K - 1-24-2013 at 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SFandH
The following image is in one of my Picasa albums. When viewing the photo in your album select:

Link to this photo

The image only checkbox

Add [ img ] to the front and [ /img ] to the end, without the spaces. ...

This button (located in the row of buttons) above where you type a new post on Nomad, automatically adds the IMG and /IMG tags so a photo link will appear:

Guajademi area photos

kevind - 1-25-2013 at 09:12 PM

In 2012 a friend and I spent 10 days driving through this area.
Here are some images.

Bajaboy - 1-25-2013 at 09:17 PM

Check one-two, one two:

Bajaboy - 1-25-2013 at 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SFandH

Link to this photo

The image only checkbox

Add [ img ] to the front and [ /img ] to the end, without the spaces.

I would bet all the major cloud based photo sharing applications have this functionality. The important aspect is to get the URL that has the jpg or gif extension so it displays using the BB markup codes used by Baja Nomad. I don't know if the png extension works here.

[Edited on 1-24-2013 by SFandH]

BajaBlanca - 2-3-2013 at 12:49 PM

the worst is that with my old computer, there was a program that allowed one to automatically chenge the photo setting on the screen, then save both versions and then I would load onto bajanomad. I can't remember the name of the program and when the computer crashed -all was gone gone gone. It was absolutely brilliant.

Now that we have settled that ...

durrelllrobert - 2-7-2013 at 09:51 AM

How do you post an attachment? FAQ say you can do it but no instructions how.

mcfez - 2-14-2013 at 11:31 AM

David...
I just upgrade the newer PhotoBucket....it actually MAY be much easier to use for the BN purposes here. Will do another IMAGE walk through....and have it here next week.

.....but I still liked the old version :-)

Quote:
Looks like the New Photobucket is in place and there is no longer an option to go back to the 'Original Photobucket' (at least for me, this evening).

So, the 'how to' from me, and images that McFez gave us are out-dated. Like other new things, I am not liking the additional effort to make a photo fit on Nomad... but maybe they will bring back the 'Upload Options' feature?

Now, once again: Nomad web page frame is 800 pixels wide. If you don't resize, the standard width is just over 1000 pixels, and you will need to scroll off to the right to see the whole photo, or shrink the size of Nomad and squint!

HOW TO RESIZE PHOTOBUCKET PHOTOS FOR BAJA NOMAD WIDTH:

1) Place your mouse arrow on the thumbnail photo in your Photobucket Album, a gear symbol will appear in the photo thumbnail to edit (or select edit for the photo if already there).

2) Click EDIT and let photo load on the page that appears.

3) Above photo, click RESIZE button (above photo).

4) Width and height values are shown with a padlock between them. The padlock is there to insure you don't distort the photo when you change one of the values (it 'locks' the width to height ration to remain correct).

5) If the photo is over 800 in width, replace the figure with 800, 640, or other smaller size. No need to change the height figure, it changes automatically. Photos that are already smaller can be made bigger, as well. The quality may be reduced when enlarging, but not when shrinking.

6) Click Apply and Save (if you check the small box provided you can replace the original, over-size photo with the Nomad-friendly photo, otherwise you will have both sizes in your Photobucket album).

====================================================

If I find that there is a Upload Options (so all photos will re-size when uploading from your PC) or if Photobucket adds it, I will share it. Until then, new photos added to your album will need to be individually edited if they are over 800 pixels in width.

McFez is good at posting the appearance of the page, hope he can show you!

rts551 - 3-8-2013 at 06:40 PM

For those that permanently keep their photos on photobucket, permanently saving the photo resized to a lower resolution may reduce image sharpness and color rendition. You may want to keep a back-up at home for when the majority of internet users catches up with the capabilities of our cameras or you have another use for your photos. Notice I said may, since the reduction in clarity will be dependent on many factors.

Skipjack Joe - 3-9-2013 at 06:13 AM

Yes. The rule is - never discard the original file that came directly from the camera.

All improvements or modifications should start with that file.

Pompano - 3-9-2013 at 07:19 AM

I always save originals to discs...lots and lots of discs..

I may contact Ripley's to see if I qualify as a record holder of photo discs. ;D

rts551 - 3-9-2013 at 07:55 AM

or save the file to another folder that is just for nomads instead of replacing the original

tripledigitken - 3-9-2013 at 02:04 PM

Quote:
........ They are uploaded from my PC, where the originals are and remain unaltered.

What backup do you have for the original files on your PC? Disks, cloud, portable hard drives? At around $100-$150 for 1T portable hard drives are cheap.

Ken

David K - 3-9-2013 at 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Quote:
........ They are uploaded from my PC, where the originals are and remain unaltered.

What backup do you have for the original files on your PC? Disks, cloud, portable hard drives? At around $100-$150 for 1T portable hard drives are cheap.

Ken

Hi Ken,

I have a portable hard drive I put all my photos, maps, etc. into...

fyi...

Roy and Blanche dropped by today for a surprise visit... some really great photos from their recent trip to the mainland...

Test

BeemerDan - 3-16-2013 at 12:10 PM

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo353/captuglydan/Sherpa%...

BeemerDan - 3-16-2013 at 12:27 PM

[img][/img]

David K - 3-16-2013 at 12:41 PM

Too big.. reload, after selecting 800 or 640 on the Upload Options.

David K - 3-16-2013 at 12:43 PM

I recognize the Huerfanito sign... where is this, El Huerfanito (Nacho's)?

BeemerDan - 3-16-2013 at 01:02 PM

Hi David, I did the resize thing you said to 640 before I posted the pic, Thats the back of Cowpattys, I can see the whole pic on my netbook which is what I'm using, maybe thats the problem? As you know I'm about the most ignorant computer user here! When I get better at this I'll post my ride report.
Thanks for the help.
Dan

rts551 - 3-16-2013 at 01:32 PM

Looks fine on my 3 year old notebook (17 inch) which goes to show you don't need an oversize monitor :no::no: just good resolution on your screen. DavidK's photos are too small to fill my notebook screen. But I think we have been through this a hundred times before.

rts551 - 3-16-2013 at 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BeemerDan
Hi David, I did the resize thing you said to 640 before I posted the pic, Thats the back of Cowpattys, I can see the whole pic on my netbook which is what I'm using, maybe thats the problem? As you know I'm about the most ignorant computer user here! When I get better at this I'll post my ride report.
Thanks for the help.
Dan

No..you probably just have resolution set to 1280 by 800 which is probably the recommended resoluton for your screen and allows you to view pictures with more clarity than the lower resolution David is recommending. Pictures will look smaller on your screen if you resize them for Nomads.

BajaRat - 7-28-2013 at 08:26 PM

Test test

Well that wasn't so bad............. We're in trouble now :P

[Edited on 7-29-2013 by BajaRat]

bufeo - 7-29-2013 at 08:27 AM

Is it still possible to post photos using the thumbnail version? I haven't attempted to post any pix in a long time, but I ran across a few of Baja in the late '60s and early '70s that may be interesting.

I don't store my photos on any web site.

Allen R

chippy - 9-8-2013 at 12:16 PM

test

[Edited on 9-8-2013 by chippy]

twgracing - 11-20-2013 at 09:54 AM

test

[Edited on 11-20-2013 by twgracing]

David K - 11-20-2013 at 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by twgracing
test
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-OMTAZVN1dx4/Uoznruj_gaI/A...

This needs to be wrapped in Image Tabs [img] and [/img] on each side of the photo url without spaces...

You can use the button just above your posting box to insert the photo url and the tabs will get added automatically. Here is that button:

[Edited on 11-20-2013 by David K]

twgracing - 11-20-2013 at 10:07 AM

Quote:
Quote:
test

This needs to be wrapped in Image Tabs [img] and [/img] on each side of the photo url without spaces...

You can use the button just above your posting box to insert the photo url and the tabs will get added automatically. Here is that button:

[Edited on 11-20-2013 by David K]

Thanks David K!

David K - 11-20-2013 at 10:23 AM

The pleasure is mine... Thank you for sharing your Baja trip with us!!!

DaliDali - 11-20-2013 at 01:17 PM

Any progress on adding an "attach file" button where files (photos) can be directly added from a persons computer without having to go though PhotoBucket?
The "attach" feature on here now presents a photo that is so small as to be worthless.

One site that comes to mind is Bloodydecks. I can "attach" a file directly, it does not really care what the size is, seems to accept any size I throw at it.

Same with other sites I use.....just "add files, attach and bingo!!!
Nomads makes me have to go through multiple steps, via outside sites, to do the very same thing.

Udo - 11-20-2013 at 03:41 PM

It does not do any good to complain or compare to other sites when one is on Nomad.
This is Doug's baby, and things may take a while to change...all it takes is some cash.

Quote:
Originally posted by DaliDali
Any progress on adding an "attach file" button where files (photos) can be directly added from a persons computer without having to go though PhotoBucket?
The "attach" feature on here now presents a photo that is so small as to be worthless.

One site that comes to mind is Bloodydecks. I can "attach" a file directly, it does not really care what the size is, seems to accept any size I throw at it.

Nomads makes me have to go through multiple steps, via outside sites, to do the very same thing.

weebray - 11-20-2013 at 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajario
There still should be a much easier way. I don't do well with directions nowadays. Very little patience.

Should just be an upload photo button and voila it pops up.

I totally agree. I just listed a car and got harassed for not posting a picture of it. I have little time or patience for spending half a day doing some IT guy's job. The 27 step process just bestowed on us is about 26 steps too many.

DaliDali - 11-20-2013 at 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
It does not do any good to complain or compare to other sites when one is on Nomad.
This is Doug's baby, and things may take a while to change...all it takes is some cash.

Quote:
Originally posted by DaliDali

I was not complaining sir.....I just wanted to know if progress is being make, as has been mentioned before, that the owner is in the process of making these changes.

The reference to another website is only for a comparison....it can be done!!

Katiejay99 - 2-2-2014 at 03:29 PM

Hey David K: Great advice. I found out recently when I tried to change my avatar here using my Photobucket account, the IMG link did not work. I had to copy it to Notebook and then cut out everything except the following:

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/katiejay99/horse_21...

All the rest of the link did not work. So with putting up an avatar on BN, you need to only use the equal of what I put above.

Skipjack Joe - 2-2-2014 at 03:38 PM

Perhaps we could provide a tutorial on how to use Google Earth and download images and posting them.

Perhaps David K (horses neighing) could do that.

Pompano - 2-2-2014 at 04:28 PM

Lord, forgive me...for it's the Super Bowl madness in me.

[Edited on 2-2-2014 by Pompano]

willardguy - 2-2-2014 at 04:33 PM

:lol: oh lord....you cant stop him, you can only hope to contain him!

Screen Images and Google Earth on Nomad

David K - 2-3-2014 at 01:09 AM

Here are the steps...
Note: edited to show the easiest Google earth saving along with how to save any other web image off your screen...

1) Zoom into the area you want to share on Google Earth... so you are looking at what you want to show here on Nomad.

2) On top left of Google Earth, click File, click Save, click Save image.

3) In the pop up, choose a file location (Save in) and a File name, click Save.

Your unedited Google Earth and PC window image is now in your folder, where you can crop it with your photo editor (double click on thumbnail image). Crop it to show just the part of the saved screen view you want to show, and maybe do an auto-adjust to improve the way it appears.

Now, open your Photobucket album where you want to save GE maps for Nomad posting and upload it (remember to first set the upload size option to 800 pixels max) following the instructions at the start of this thread.

Other screen images you want to share here:

1) Go to the web page screen image... so you are looking at what you want to show here on Nomad.

2) Press the 'Print Scrn' key (mine is just to the right of F12 on the top row of my keyboard).

3) Click on 'Paint' (Click: Start, All Programs, Accessories, Paint)

4) Click 'Edit' (on the top of the Paint window)

5) Click 'Paste'

6) Click 'File'

7) Click 'Save As'

8) Create a File Name, and 'Save as type' change to JPEG using the down arrow next to the type. Click SAVE.

Now, open your Photobucket album where you want to save the image for Nomad posting and upload it (remember to first set the upload size option to 800 pixels max) following the instructions at the start of this thread.

[Edited on 2-3-2014 by David K]

Skipjack Joe - 2-3-2014 at 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Perhaps we could provide a tutorial on how to use Google Earth and download images and posting them.

Perhaps David K (horses neighing) could do that.

Actually I was referring to ...

BajaKeela - 6-12-2014 at 06:47 PM

Hope this works..This is my Mexican rescue

Barbareno - 6-13-2014 at 06:30 AM

What a beautie.

rhintransit - 8-14-2014 at 07:00 PM

Hi David, am in Oaxaca now trying to post vacation photos. I have sort of gotten semi literate doing this with my computer, but I don't have it with me. I have a relatively new to me iPad, and a Photobucket ap. nowhere on the ap can I find the gear symbol to resize. Perhaps this function is now available with this ap? Any more suggestions?

Neal Johns - 8-16-2014 at 10:11 AM

For those that only want to post 1 or 2 pics, I use the free version of Light Image Resizer at http://www.obviousidea.com/windows-software/light-image-resi... To get rid of the several second in the free version, buy the Pro version.

Set the Options as per the example below:

ScreenShot013 (Copy).jpg - 48kB

David K - 8-16-2014 at 01:31 PM

Thank you Neal. No matter how you do it please respect Nomad and don't exceed the 800 pixel width here. 640 is large and 800 is full width on Nomad.

micah202 - 8-30-2014 at 04:17 PM

Quote:
Quote:
test

...so what am I doing wrong!?....

...I still aren't getting this picture-posting thingy...

....I have my photos on flikr--that'd work..no?

...I take a link from flikr..... https://www.flickr.com/photos/59103003@N05/5416387298/

..and put it into the ------ above,,and I get this ......

[img]https://www.flickr.com/photos/59103003@N05/5416387298/[/img]

......why not work??:?::(

[Edited on 9-1-2014 by micah202]

micah202 - 8-31-2014 at 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by micah202
Quote:
Quote:
test

...so what am I doing wrong!?....

...I still aren't getting this picture-posting thingy...

....I have my photos on flikr--that'd work..no?

...I take a link from flikr..... https://www.flickr.com/photos/59103003@N05/5416387298/

..and put it into the ------ above,,and I get this ......

[img]https://www.flickr.com/photos/59103003@N05/5416387298/[/img]

......why not work??:?::(

...par favor??:?:

bajaspuds - 10-9-2014 at 03:55 PM

... sounds like a real hassle

David K - 10-9-2014 at 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaspuds
... sounds like a real hassle

Not a hassle, but if one doesn't follow the steps I posted (at the top of page one of this thread) or use PHOTOBUCKET, I can't guarantee the results!

Now, I never saw micah202's replies until just now. If he/she u2u'd me or emailed me, I could have helped right away.

Here is the image:

The url (stuff in blue) was fine, it just wasn't tagged with [img ] and [/img ] on each side (no spaces)

USE THIS BUTTON to add the tags to a photo that is not oversized:

Fatboy - 4-10-2016 at 04:52 PM

testing

IMG_5669.JPG - 235kB

David K - 8-22-2017 at 10:26 AM

For those who lost the free Photobucket use, here is a photo imaging and no hassle sizing for Nomad site: https://postimages.org/

All images to fit on Baja Nomad must not exceed 800 pixels... that is the maximum screen width of Baja Nomad. Any bigger just distorts the screen to go wider.

Barry A. - 8-23-2017 at 08:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
For those who lost the free Photobucket use, here is a photo imaging and no hassle sizing for Nomad site: https://postimages.org/

All images to fit on Baja Nomad must not exceed 800 pixels... that is the maximum screen width of Baja Nomad. Any bigger just distorts the screen to go wider.

Great post, David. Many of us appreciate you keeping us up to date with your instructions and incredibly good information on Baja, including me. You are the main reason I stick around on NOMADS.

BajaNomad - 8-23-2017 at 05:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Get a legit monitor/laptop.

You're joking, right?

There are a vast # of devices accessing this site that have screen resolutions with width of 1024 pixels or less. The most "modern" devices to make a site friendly for are *mobile* devices, not laptops - which are going the way of the dinosaurs for rec users/visitors.

Please see current resolutions of devices accessing this site (attached pic).

:rolleyes:

The future of this site - if continued - will be setup primarily with mobile devices in mind.

bn-screenres-2017.jpg - 55kB

Easy instructions to post photos, for free, on Nomad

David K - 6-14-2019 at 09:02 AM

June 2019:
To post photos from your Pictures folder on your computer...

Go to www.Postimages.org, make an album if you want to organize your photos to find them easily in the future (by date or by subject). No cost to use Postimages.org.

Change the upload setting from "Do not resize my image" to 640x480 (recommended for forums) or 800x600 (max. on Nomad). You click on the little arrow to see the size choices.

Click "Choose images" and select the photos you want to put on Nomad from your Pictures folder.

Click on the image you want on Nomad and click on "Share" at the top of the screen.

Choose "Hotlinks for forums" (down next to the last one). You can click the little box at the right end of the link and it is now saved on your mouse.

Go to Nomad and paste that link onto the place where you are typing on Nomad. You can put text in below the photo for a caption for your post and if you double space between photo links (for clarity), you can put several photos and captions in a single post on Nomad. You can click "Preview" on Nomad to check and see how it will look before posting to the board.

If you need to fix a post after it is done, click on "Edit" along the edge of your post, and change or delete your post. If you edit more than once, you can delete the previous Edited on tags so only one edit tag will appear after you edit the post.

[Edited on 3-5-2022 by David K]

surabi - 6-14-2023 at 06:37 PM

Easy instructions? No other forum requires that users upload photos to another site, resize them, and then download them to the forum. All you have to do on other forums is click in the attachment symbol by the post box, choose the image from your files, and it's done. Or you can copy an image and paste it in the message box.

JZ - 6-14-2023 at 06:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
Easy instructions? No other forum requires that users upload photos to another site, resize them, and then download them to the forum. All you have to do on other forums is click in the attachment symbol by the post box, choose the image from your files, and it's done. Or you can copy an image and paste it in the message box.

Sorry to hear you are technically challenged, or maybe you have no interesting photos to share? :light:

[Edited on 6-15-2023 by JZ]

surabi - 6-14-2023 at 07:04 PM

I didn't say I was unable to follow the instructions, I said no other forum makes users upload photos to another site first. Doesn't seem to matter what the subject, you always seem to miss the point.

[Edited on 6-15-2023 by surabi]

SFandH - 6-14-2023 at 08:28 PM

no other forum makes users upload photos to another site first.

You can include an image file without using the multistep David the K technique. Simply click the Post Reply button (instead of using the textbox below), write your reply, and choose your image file as an attachment. The image will be uploaded from your computer to the bajanomad server.

You also have that option when you quote a post.

cvx16.jpeg - 10kB

[Edited on 6-15-2023 by SFandH]

Ateo - 6-14-2023 at 08:50 PM

I found some cool "inside info" today regarding Pemex and what they offer gas stations if they choose to brand and sign a contract with them.........if only there was an easy attachment button here.

[Edited on 6-15-2023 by Ateo]

SFandH - 6-14-2023 at 09:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  
I found some cool "inside info" today regarding Pemex and what they offer gas stations if they choose to brand and sign a contract with them.........if only there was an easy attachment button here.

Do you mean so you can attach a file like this?

Attachment: test file.txt (9B)
This file has been downloaded 45 times

Use the "Choose File" button in the Attachment section on the "Post Reply" page.

surabi - 6-14-2023 at 10:14 PM

Thanks, SFandH.

SFandH - 6-14-2023 at 10:41 PM

:thumbup:

surabi - 6-14-2023 at 11:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

But no attachment option appears when clicking on Post Reply in the Off Topic section.

JZ - 6-14-2023 at 11:49 PM

But no attachment option appears when clicking on Post Reply in the Off Topic section.

Ateo - 6-15-2023 at 07:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  

Do you mean so you can attach a file like this?

Thanks. The 352 kb size limit is what deters me from using that easy process though.....

Use the "Choose File" button in the Attachment section on the "Post Reply" page.

David K - 6-15-2023 at 08:02 AM

That's correct... So for Nomad, you need to either post photos with file sizes less than 342kb and 800 pixels wide OR post a link to a website where they are hosted, and maybe resize to 800 (by adding =800x after the IMG in the tag) or do the steps mentioned above.

Believe you me, I have discussed this with Doug (BajaNomad) quite often, in person. He told me the changes are coming... that's been a few years now. Life does get in the way sometimes! Baja Nomad Forums began in late 2002 and Amigos de Baja went offline in 2003, which propelled Nomad into the #1 slot. That was 20 years ago... It's been fun but also rewarding to meet and make friends with so many, thanks to Nomad.

It is really easy to use Postimages.org for those who don't have another site to host the photo or want to downsize their images to 'fit' here. I also have offered to help anyone post photos who can't or won't learn the method. U2U me for extra help, I don't mind.

Hasta la vista,
David 'the' K :lol:

surabi - 6-15-2023 at 10:06 PM

You don't need a third party "host" site to resize images. Most people have resizing software on their computer.