BajaNomad

Mulege Drag Races this SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

willyAirstream - 4-12-2013 at 06:08 PM

A fun event where anything goes. You'll see quads, 50's pick ups, motos, real ol skool dragsters and a bunch of tuners, civics to evos. All proceeds go to "Mulege In Motion", a charitable organization. Plenty of homemade food and drinks. It is a tailgate kind of event, so come and party.

THE OFFROAD Mulege 150k will be May26th, details announced soon.

mulegemichael - 4-12-2013 at 08:09 PM

good for you!!!...richard you do such good stuff for the mulege community!....thank you SO much!....wish we were there but just got back to washington....welcomed by the 40 degree temps...have fun!!

willyAirstream - 4-14-2013 at 10:18 AM

Tope

Thx , but I`m just a small part of the team.

durrelllrobert - 4-14-2013 at 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by willyAirstream
Tope

Thx , but I`m just a small part of the team.

I remember that back in the 50s they used to have drag races along the waterfont where the bull ring now is in Tijuana. When you paid your entry fee they gave you a shot of tequlla which lead to some hairy results. Hope that your 50 peso entry fee doesn't incude that. :lol::lol:

By the way there are a whole buch of people from Punta Banda camping down at Sanispec that I'm sure will be there as observers.

[Edited on 4-14-2013 by durrelllrobert]

willyAirstream - 4-14-2013 at 09:50 PM

Better late than never. The gringo crowd was there at 11am but left by 1 as nada was happening. Only 4 cars had signed up to race. Someone vacated a wheel barrow and another was found in the weeds. Wagers were placed and the wheel barrow races began! The winners shared their TKT winnings with all. Finally, about 3, many cars showed up. 6 in the 4 cylinder class, about 12 in the 6cycl and another 12 in the v8 class. I left at 7:30 and the v8's were just starting. It was a fun time.
more pics on the Mulegé En Movimiento AC
facebook page in a day or 3.

[Edited on 4-15-2013 by willyAirstream]