BajaNomad

Flying from TJ to Los Cabos

Anonymous - 8-11-2003 at 01:56 PM

I just wanted to know if anyone has made the trip out of Tijuana airport to Los Cabos & if there is any cost savings by doing so, thanks.

Braulio - 8-15-2003 at 08:11 AM

I haven't flown the specific route you mentioned but I fly out of border towns to the interior of Mexico fairly frequently.

I can usually save about a hundred bucks or so by flying out of TJ or Mexicali - but I think that with promotions they are selling right now you might be able to get a better deal out of the US.

I think your best bet might be to just go to aeromexico's web page and click on "Faresavers". For some reason these special are not available through services like Orbitz or Travelocity. For example right now you can fly from Ontario, CA to Los Cabos for 150 bucks or San Diego for 170 - you have to add about 80.00 for international flights or about 40 for flights within Mexiico. I don't think Aeromexico flies to Los Cabos out of TJ or Mexicali. Your only options (I think) are going to be aerocalifornia or Mexicana out of TJ - and I personally wouldn't fly aerocalifornia - mostly because they have kind of a funky reservation system.

Long story short - if you're going to Cabo I think you're better off looking for a bargain and flying from the US. However if you're going to other places on the mainland then yeah you can get some deals by leaving from TJ or Mexicali.

Good Luck..Braulio

Anonymous - 8-22-2003 at 10:57 PM

Just returned from Cabo, Alaska Air is offering special's on air faire.

JESSE - 8-23-2003 at 08:35 PM

There are no direct flights from Tijuana-Mexicali to San Jose, the nearest destination is to La Paz and from there you need to take a bus ride to Los Cabos, you are better off flying from the states in my opinion.