BajaNomad

resort in LaVentana, Kite Paradise

laventana - 6-3-2013 at 10:37 AM

My friend and neighbor in LaVentana is the only local resort owner who is Mexican. Kite Paradise.

For this year he is adding a hot tub, sauna spa. It is in process.... rooms start at $90.00 He is the only resort owner that made his rooms all spectacular view rooms. Also only place that has a in ground pool with incredible views. It is a kite launchable area 100 yards upwind. Windsurf kite rentals and lessons 200 yards away at Captaian Kirks also a very nice place to stay. kayak and SUPs for guests.

www.kiteparadise.biz

[Edited on 6-3-2013 by laventana]

BajaBlanca - 6-5-2013 at 04:10 PM

That is just beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing those pics!

DENNIS - 6-5-2013 at 04:54 PM

He must get free electricity. The place is lit up like an airport.

micah202 - 6-5-2013 at 09:01 PM

....if I recall correctly,,,that was owned by some military guy?

....just beside the free camping arroyo

laventana - 6-21-2013 at 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by micah202
....if I recall correctly,,,that was owned by some military guy?

....just beside the free camping arroyo
close but no cigar.

The one next to the arroyo then campground is a political guy, head of PRI party, as you know PRI has not been in power in baja for 7 or so years. I know I am the neighbor, he is a nice guy. His father in law had been living there for the last 6 or so years, he was a pilot that did well, he was one of the founders of aero california. He says he did not make a lot of money because he sold out before they flew jets. Father in laws English was excellent and he was such a nice human. A great neighbor.

The military General is three properties to the north of me. I have never met him.

The owner of kite paradise name is of all names, David de La Paz. My spanish is not good enough to ask how his family name was given.

as far as the lights, it is a very good photographer, it is actually dimly lit.

laventana - 9-7-2013 at 07:05 AM

My neighbor owner of Kite Paradise is putting in the finishing touches of a new hot tub, and a sauna/steam room.

Now he is working on a bunk house with 2 rooms male/female that will be as low as $20.00 a night with incredible water views. If he gets a few long term reservations it will expedite that construction. They are about to pour the roof.

His restaurant was closed last year and he plans to have it open this year. The coffee shop should be open again this year.

EnsenadaDr - 9-7-2013 at 07:28 AM

where is this place located?

laventana - 9-7-2013 at 07:30 AM

la Ventana, about 30 miles south of LaPaz.

David K - 9-7-2013 at 08:07 AM

See it over on the right edge, southeast of La Paz?:

laventana - 9-7-2013 at 08:37 AM

correct David K.