BajaNomad

B1K Who's Going & Where

TMW - 11-14-2004 at 01:28 PM

Who of you will be watching, racing, chasing or pitting in the Baja 1000.

I'll be south of San Felipe near Ck Pt 4.

we are a directo gonzaga or BOLA thurs

capt. mike - 11-14-2004 at 02:29 PM

then on to La PAz to watch our teams win and party with DB and a bunch of others all noche......with a recouperation fri nite before round 2 sat at serenidad.

elgatoloco can report the adventure after they get back. i'll be in long term recouperation likely!:coolup:

Bruce R Leech - 11-14-2004 at 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
then on to La PAz to watch our teams win and party with DB and a bunch of others all noche......with a recouperation fri nite before round 2 sat at serenidad.

elgatoloco can report the adventure after they get back. i'll be in long term recouperation likely!:coolup:

How long are you going to be in Mulege, or did you get out before the runway turned to mush.

BajaTom - 11-14-2004 at 03:12 PM

Hi TW! I'll be down South where Tim Morton gets on that BMW... Tom M

LaTijereta - 11-14-2004 at 03:39 PM

Heading for Ensenada on Tuesday, Baja Cactus Motel on Wednesday night with Antonio, El Crucero Thursday and then onto San Javier Thursday night (late), Friday spend the day up at San Javier, Saturday am on into La Paz (Crown Plaza):biggrin:
I am on assingment for two magazines and IFC films. Getting paid to go to my 28th Baja 1000!

Will stay down in La Paz until Monday am, and then head up to the casa in Loreto for the rest of the week:spingrin:
Hope to see some Nomads at McCauls in Loreto for happy hour as they head north that week:biggrin:

bufeo - 11-14-2004 at 04:39 PM

To Punta Bufeo on Tue where we'll have a big 8X fan club on top of a knoll at RM266.9 early Thur a.m.

Bruce - when you talking about?

capt. mike - 11-15-2004 at 06:41 AM

this weekend past? i came in fri it was dry. left sat to rescue a downed Sams plane and 2 pax at guaymas. did it rain sat or sun? nothing forecast for it. in fact phx was clear sun in spite of an earlier call for rain. wish i had stayed till sun.

TMW - 11-15-2004 at 08:38 AM

Stephen in the El Crucero area, Baja Almanac page 18 at L6 there is a split with the race course following the solid line and a side road (dash lines) over to hwy 1 at about KM251. Where the split takes place on the course is a couple of hills that could be good for photo jumps etc. I have not taken the trail into or out to hwy 1 at KM251 so I don't know it's condition. But it may be a way out during the race. Would need to check it out first.