BajaNomad

New 2-unit hotel near Los Muertos

vandy - 7-3-2013 at 03:39 PM

Nice little place just built by an ex'pat couple, John and Patrice, to cater to those fishermen who don't want to pay $250 for the "Suenos" place.
It's located at the Agua Amarga turnoff from the Los Planes/La Paz road'
Each of the two rooms has two queens beds, A/C, internet.
Secure vehicle and boat parking, ice, fish freezer; near hard-pack launch beach for fishing Isla Cerralvo.

As I said, brand new rooms, and a nice couple. Rates are $45/single and $11.50 each additional person if they use the other bed.

612-141-0876 or email bajastayfish@hotmail.com

I just stopped by the beach launch, and lots of BIG dorado being brought in, with some tuna and marlin, as of July 3 2013.
Nice weather, and John and Patrice can arrange a guide and/or panga too.

Bajahowodd - 7-3-2013 at 04:51 PM

Don't know that I would classify a two room property as a hotel. That said, any way to get some pix?

DENNIS - 7-3-2013 at 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Don't know that I would classify a two room property as a hotel.

Yeah. It's not a hotel...it's an Inn. :light:

Hook - 7-3-2013 at 10:36 PM

I'm inn, if I'm down there. That area needs a low cost alternative.

bajagrouper - 7-4-2013 at 06:28 AM

It's not an Inn,it's a duplex.......

Hook - 7-4-2013 at 07:52 AM

That's better than a multiplex.

I assume there are no CAMPING options out there anymore, right?

Bob H - 7-4-2013 at 08:18 AM

I remember Los Muertos when there was nothing there but Pangas pushed up along the shoreline. Spent a few times watching the fishermen come in with their catch of the day. It was peaceful and beautiful back then.

monoloco - 7-4-2013 at 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
That's better than a multiplex.

I assume there are no CAMPING options out there anymore, right?
No camping per se, but many times I have slept in the back of my truck in the parking area with no problems, while fishing from there. There are good bathroom facilities at the entrance to the restaurant which remain unlocked.

BajaBlanca - 7-4-2013 at 09:03 AM

That is wonderful news!

willardguy - 7-4-2013 at 09:24 AM

wouldn't you think that now that the dream of 5 star hotel resorts is on hold, there would be a market for the retro resort geared toward fisherman? like the good ol' days!

vandy - 7-4-2013 at 12:05 PM

Hmmm....an "Inn" then.
They will email photos.
I don't like PITA posting photos here through a third party.

Anyway, the place is quiet with no nearby roosters
AND it's got that new-fangled electrumicity

vandy - 7-4-2013 at 12:10 PM

And each room has a shower and toilet and sink hooked up to plumbing with WATER, something that's hard to come by near me these days (Hot springs El Chorro, worst Ejido in Baja).

tiotomasbcs - 7-5-2013 at 07:12 AM

Mono, I think the better question is any camping out at the beach thru Agua Amarga? There was an incident out there with campers and thieves. 80 degree water sounds like good fishing/snorkeling to me! Count me in. Tio