BajaNomad

INTERSTING DIVE ARTICLE

dean miller - 8-6-2013 at 03:39 PM

I made my first trip to Baja in December 1951..for spearfishing, returned many times over the years.

A nice magazine article about my involvement in recreational diving....It seems like only yesterday

SDM

~~ http://www.santamariasun.com/cover/10064/central-coast-divin... ~~

David K - 8-6-2013 at 04:36 PM

Sweet story! So glad you are here to share some of the great stories of Baja's past. You prefer Dean or Sam?

Great lobster... and you have a wonderful history with SCUBA. I remember Jacques Cousteau's movie in the 60's filmed in the Red Sea... I think it was called World without Light? Maybe you know of it... or was in it???

dean miller - 8-6-2013 at 06:36 PM

JYC's flims

The silent world- Academy award (Red Sea)

Boy and the gold fish- Academy Award

The world with out sun - Mediterranean sea- I think this is the one you are recalling

I am Samuel Dean 111, son is Samuel Dean IV...we both often use both names, totally confusing.

Frankly I do not have a preference. On this board I began with Dean.

SDM

David K - 8-6-2013 at 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dean miller
JYC's flims

The silent world- Academy award (Red Sea)

Boy and the gold fish- Academy Award

The world with out sun - Mediterranean sea- I think this is the one you are recalling

I am Samuel Dean 111, son is Samuel Dean IV...we both often use both names, totally confusing.

Frankly I do not have a preference. On this board I began with Dean.

SDM

'World Without Sun' is what I recall seeing as a kid, but thought that was filmed in the Red Sea, and why I mentioned it, since you mention the Red Sea in that article. Thank you for being on Baja Nomad!

Ken Bondy - 8-7-2013 at 05:52 AM

Nice story Dean (Sam) :). Lots of great history in there.

Udo - 8-7-2013 at 06:31 AM

Very nice write up, Dean.

Nice to see that a Nomad has been awarded such accolades.

On this board, you are up there with Graham Macintosh!