BajaNomad

LA Bay RV Parks?

chuckie - 9-6-2013 at 06:31 AM

We are thinking about spending some time at LA Bay.are there any RV parks anyone would suggest?

Pescador - 9-6-2013 at 07:17 AM

Ruben Dagget's place is great, has a ramp.

David K - 9-6-2013 at 07:24 AM

Here are 4 RV parks listed: http://bahiadelosangeles.info/rv-trailer-parks.htm

Here are 12 hotels/motels and 'campos' (cabin rental) listed: http://bahiadelosangeles.info/accomodations.htm

chuckie - 9-6-2013 at 08:39 AM

Thanks.....Daggetts looks good..

tripledigitken - 9-6-2013 at 08:48 AM

another thumbs up for Dagget's

edm1 - 9-6-2013 at 12:11 PM

I like Dagget's too. But it's not really an RV park, there are no hookups - electric, water, or dumping - although you can go to the back and get water and, if you have a macerator pump on your RV take the hose to one of the banos and dump.

tripledigitken - 9-6-2013 at 12:32 PM

edm 1,

Are there any transient RV spaces available with hookups?

Maybe Guillermo's?

None have been available in the past that I was aware of.

Ken

chuckie - 9-6-2013 at 12:49 PM

OOPS: We definitely need electricity.....

J.P. - 9-6-2013 at 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
OOPS: We definitely need electricity.....

The last time we were there the Villa Vita had electricity until 9pm. they were still on the Generator. They had Electricity in town but the owners of the hotel said they couldn't afford to hook up to it.

chuckie - 9-6-2013 at 01:21 PM

We stayed in LAB last year but only for 2 days..We did luck out and get a site near the restaurant and had electricity...we were thinking in terms of a longer stay this time.....

Bob53 - 2-27-2014 at 06:30 PM

I like staying up by La Gringa, but I also have a generator. There are no RV hookups up there. The last time I parked at Villa Vita, there was a few sites that had electricity but you need a meter to test which ones work. This was a few years ago though. The deal with Daggets is that if you're in an RV, you have to park towards the back away from the shore. I like parking on the water's edge.

bajabuddha - 2-27-2014 at 06:38 PM

Chuck, Daggett's can be nice, but can also be a mess of noise. If the family feels like it, you'll have Fiesta Night, and nobody to complain to. OK ramp, ok shore-fishing w/ light tackle, good view, some sand/beach w/rocks. Happy trails, amigo. Might see ya on the road, watch for my front bb plate and white 5th wheel.

basautter - 2-27-2014 at 08:17 PM

Another vote for Dagget's!

Doug/Vamonos - 3-27-2014 at 02:56 PM

Geez...to be honest, I wouldn't call anything at LA Bay an RV Park. Maybe a spot in the dirt to park your RV. But a park? That's a big word! The time of year makes a huge difference with Daggets. In the summer that place can be an oven. And windy. That's the problem with north of town. That heat just blows across the desert, often in the middle of night. There is the sort-of-abandoned RV area right in front of town near the beach. I saw a dozen RVs there last month. Not certain but it may get wet in an extreme tide.

David K - 3-27-2014 at 03:15 PM

So the old government RV park with full hookups (next to the more recent, but now also gone turtle sanctuary) is totally gone? We stayed there in 1976... it was pretty full that summer... and that was before pavement got there! It was Campo Archelon, I think?

Here you can see the huge RV Park at the end of a once paved driveway from town: http://www.rvparkreviews.com/park_map.php?cgid=11773

Oggie - 3-27-2014 at 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
So the old government RV park with full hookups (next to the more recent, but now also gone turtle sanctuary) is totally gone? We stayed there in 1976... it was pretty full that summer... and that was before pavement got there! It was Campo Archelon, I think?

Here you can see the huge RV Park at the end of a once paved driveway from town: http://www.rvparkreviews.com/park_map.php?cgid=11773

DK, The government RV park is no more. People park there without hook-ups. Campo Archelon is just to the north and offers a quiet camping experience, on the beach, with no hook-ups..

David K - 3-27-2014 at 03:36 PM

Thanks... What a waste, huh? Well, for many years it was the only game around... but surprising that nearly 40 years later, still no full hookup RV park?

Hook - 3-27-2014 at 04:12 PM

David, there were Jesuit missions still operating when that LA Bay gov't RV park was last in operation. :O

David K - 3-27-2014 at 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
David, there were Jesuit missions still operating when that LA Bay gov't RV park was last in operation. :O

LOL very funny... I guess as I get closer to Neal Johns' age, my years on the earth are open for laughter!? :lol::lol:

Whale-ista - 3-28-2014 at 08:47 AM

You wrote :"DK, The government RV park is no more. People park there without hook-ups. Campo Archelon is just to the north and offers a quiet camping experience, on the beach, with no hook-ups.. "

are there any bathrooms or showers at this location? From the aerial view it looks like there are a few Palapas?

bkbend - 3-28-2014 at 02:31 PM

Bathrooms and showers are at Archelon along with the palapas. You can squeeze a small RV in. Gvt camp has slabs to park on and nothing else. Dump hookups might still work??

Whale-ista - 3-28-2014 at 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bkbend
Bathrooms and showers are at Archelon along with the palapas. You can squeeze a small RV in. Gvt camp has slabs to park on and nothing else. Dump hookups might still work??

thank you.

any idea what they charge per night at the various parks mentioned here?