BajaNomad

Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015

Pages:  1  ..  19    21    23  24

DENNIS - 6-11-2014 at 03:01 AM

I think I'm past the point of spending any more concern with this subject. Honestly, I couldn't care less what happens with this car. At this point, it's meaningless, as is any further discussion or speculation on the issue.
The rest is a foregone conclusion that, for me, has been resolved long ago.
It's time to move on.

chuckie - 6-11-2014 at 04:01 AM

Pretty much what I have decided, Dennis. Something has been "off" with this whole thing since the start....

mtgoat666 - 6-11-2014 at 04:37 AM

Abandon the car! You are delaying the body search for a stupid car???
If you want a few personal things from the car, take them (you have a spare key, right?)
I don't understand your priorities. After this delay, why do you even want the car back?

P.s. Obviously, you are getting nowhere doing this by phone. You will likely accomplish more in person. Just go there and do it. Sorry, this will take more than a 3-day weekend, Settling an estate is inconvenient, can't be reduced to a short trip.

tecatero - 6-11-2014 at 05:48 AM

That car must have some serious stash in it or ??? Or at least I hope so, never seen so much concern over a $2500 Toyota vs. a man's life.

EnsenadaDr - 6-11-2014 at 07:01 AM

My concern is more for the family trying to recruit Nomads in the unforgiveable heat without safety checks, i.e. the cowboy locals who know the area and can do preliminary searches without endangering others in an area where it is obviously easy to get lost as per Ron Hoff Gomez. No answers as to what happened to these guides nor answers concerning SPOT or GPS equipment. Anyone who would go searching without either the rancher, guides AND SPOT is asking for the same fate as Gary. Yes, go down there and find out in person WHY the police is always on vacation and maybe it's time to go down in person to enlist the help of the Federales or the main branches of the police such as San Quintin. None of this can be done without going down there. It's obvious that the police will not release the car to a Nomad so they can't help you and it's not their responsibility to take on without the family. All the conversations to date concerning this situation and Desert Rat have at least taught me that to go hiking and even driving off the main highways are foolhardy without SPOT or someone who knows the area like the back of their hand.

[Edited on 6-11-2014 by EnsenadaDr]

chuckie - 6-11-2014 at 07:09 AM

Doc, they aint even going there....Get it?

DENNIS - 6-11-2014 at 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
maybe it's time to go down in person to enlist the help of the Federales or the main branches of the police such as San Quintin.

That would, for certain, put an end to this car nonsense because they would immediately impound the vehicle and that would be it.
Good idea.

Skipjack Joe - 6-11-2014 at 07:13 AM

It's been clear for some time that recovering the body has not been a high priority.

PS. Thank you for your patience nomads.

Ateo - 6-11-2014 at 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666

If you want a few personal things from the car, take them (you have a spare key, right?)

Last we heard the car is sitting there unlocked. Hope that camera isn't in plain view.

[Edited on 6-11-2014 by Ateo]

EnsenadaDr - 6-11-2014 at 07:43 AM

We don't know the intent of why the family doesn't want to travel down to Mexico on a long weekend. They probably enlisted the help of Nomads because they don't feel comfortable in Baja. However, through the course of the conversations we have had, it has become highly evident to me of the dangers of exploring off-road and to subject Nomads to these dangers without proper precautions and safety checks is not acceptable. I believe the person posting as a representative of the family is not going to make the trip, we don't know why but it could be health reasons. I believe Gary's family does truly care about Gary, but everyone must remind themselves that Baja is STILL pioneer country and uncharted territory so to speak for most Americans living north of the Border. Many Mexicans that live in the US now do not want to even travel south of the Border. So I don't think it is all because of selfish reasons. Because we all have been to Baja or want to be in Baja at one point doesn't mean that everyone is in the same mindset. So cut the family some slack, I am sure they grieve over the loss of their ex-husband, brother and father on a daily basis.

EnsenadaDr - 6-11-2014 at 07:46 AM

Hey DENNIS, what I AM surprised about is your post at 2 am. Don't you religiously shut down your computer at 9 pm?
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
maybe it's time to go down in person to enlist the help of the Federales or the main branches of the police such as San Quintin.

That would, for certain, put an end to this car nonsense because they would immediately impound the vehicle and that would be it.
Good idea.

chuckie - 6-11-2014 at 07:55 AM

Doc, for someone who has NEVER been in Baja back country, you sure are posing as an expert...You need to actually GO to Baja sometime. Yes I know Ensenada is geographicly in BCN, but it is NOT the Baja we are talking about. Try it sometime, you might learn something......There has never been any sense of urgency regarding actually looking for Gary, never. Why start now? Stick a fork in this, its done....

EnsenadaDr - 6-11-2014 at 08:11 AM

I am not posing as anything Chuckie, Ron Hoff was on this thread stating the fact that he had a GPS in the same area as Gary and he almost got lost. I have made that clear several times that I am drawing on his experience. I have hiked in the back country but I don't need to give you my resume on where, I have been south of Ensenada and I have hiked in remote areas. But I never said I was an expert. I think the family doesn't like Baja or doesn't like doing Baja without assistance. I have no doubt in my mind that considering the description of Gary who appeared to be a very nice guy that they miss him horribly.
Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
Doc, for someone who has NEVER been in Baja back country, you sure are posing as an expert...You need to actually GO to Baja sometime. Yes I know Ensenada is geographicly in BCN, but it is NOT the Baja we are talking about. Try it sometime, you might learn something......There has never been any sense of urgency regarding actually looking for Gary, never. Why start now? Stick a fork in this, its done....

willardguy - 6-11-2014 at 08:49 AM

I gotta side with the pattons here. I see no sense of urgency, they realize the chances of finding gary are slim, heck they don't even know if he was ever there. if I were them I would abandon plans for a search, why put others in danger and spend alot of money to find remains that will just open a whole new can of worms! assuming he was even found.
as for the car, obviously alot of you folks are financially waaay better off than me. its still a nice 3rd generation 4runner worth at least six thousand bucks, that may be peanuts to you folks but it would sure look good in MY bank account.
thats my take. and anyone who wants to bow out of following this story, im sure thats fine with the pattons!:yes:

Skipjack Joe - 6-11-2014 at 09:11 AM

The longer they wait the less likely they will find his remains.

So yes, there is a 'sense of urgency'.

willardguy - 6-11-2014 at 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe

thats bullchit. if he's there in june he'll be there in october!

DENNIS - 6-11-2014 at 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
Quote:

"Ashes to ashes...dust to dust."

azucena - 6-11-2014 at 02:52 PM

I think one thing we can all agree on is : Trying to do things in Baja by phone is nearly impossible. If the family wants to get the items from the car they really need to just go down in person, talk to the federales/authorities in San Quintin . Getting items from the car , such as the camera, may give some clues as to Gary's last location. There are two issues here: getting personal belongings, and based on any info therein, THEN they can decide when and if they launch any kind of search. Somebody/somebodies are dragging their feet in Catavina and my guess is NOTHING will get done without a personal visit and some insistence. Bringing someone with them who is fluent is Spanish would also help. my experience has been you have to make personal contact , and politely but firmly insist that you need the items from the vehicle. I would not be a bit surprised if they show up in Catavina that ole Arturo lo and behold is actually there or not far away.

DENNIS - 6-11-2014 at 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by azucena
If the family wants to get the items from the car they really need to just go down in person, talk to the federales/authorities in San Quintin .

It has been mentioned the Feds and state judiciales aren't involved in this case....Gary, or the car. They no doubt are aware of it, but, probably for lack of evidence pointing to fowl play, have chosen to leave it alone.
If they get pestered [for lack of a better term] to the point of getting involved, the car will be impounded and everything will come to a dead end. Nobody wants to interfere with their investigation.
At this point, it's questionable whether or not the Catavina cops will readily give up the vehicle. If anyone in the chain of command has taken a liking to it, it's history. The family couldn't get it back with a gun in their hand.
I've seen all this sheit happen before.

Skipjack Joe - 6-11-2014 at 03:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:

At this rate they'll need a paleontologist, not a detective, to find his remains.

willardguy - 6-11-2014 at 03:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

At this rate they'll need a paleontologist, not a detective, to find his remains.
this from the man who believes the path to finding gary is through his underwear?

Skipjack Joe - 6-11-2014 at 04:21 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

this from the man who believes the path to finding gary is through his underwear?

Keep trolling, lizardhead. Maybe you'll get a bite. And help your self esteem.

willardguy - 6-11-2014 at 04:31 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Keep trolling, lizardhead. Maybe you'll get a bite. And help your self esteem.

underwear I tell ya! check his underwear! :lol:

lizard lips - 6-12-2014 at 10:17 PM

When I accepted this assignment for the family to get leads and attempt to locate Gary last October Bajaguy and myself conducted the search from his last know sighting which was San Quintin to BOLA.

Of course we didn't go to every beach camp however we did contact all police outposts as well as the ministerio public and every store, hotel, gas station, tow and junk yard, and anywhere that people would see the flyer. We talked to hundreds of people and posted hundreds of flyers. All of this was mentioned in my prior posts.

We did everything we could and felt satisfied that the word was out but we never got a hit. When we returned back to Ensenada I had a feeling that Gary was somewhere south of SQ and north of BOLA and it appears that my "feeling" was correct.

The family has been patient not only with the authorities but with all of you and I know they are overwhelmed with the sincerity of your kind words and actions that have been displayed here at BN. I wish I could have done more but with my schedule and obligations I had to take a back seat to continuing to look for him.

Garys family are not wealthy and don't have the funds to do more than what they have already done so please keep this in mind when you post. These people are the salt of the Earth and love-and miss Gary a lot.

Prior to making any decision on how this has been handled by the family so far lets see what Garys brother develops on this recent trip. I will call Garys sister tomorrow and get an update. Until then lets hope we get closer with what is found on this trip.

Keep the faith…

EnsenadaDr - 6-13-2014 at 09:18 PM

what happened to the cowboys that were going to search?

chuckie - 6-15-2014 at 04:11 AM

Indians?

DENNIS - 6-15-2014 at 07:43 AM

Quote:
what happened to the cowboys that were going to search?

Did someone hire them?

Hook - 6-15-2014 at 09:17 AM

Well, cowboys certainly can't be hired by phone. Nor, by wishing for it on the internet, over and over.

Some people need to realize that not every family reveres the corporal remains of a person as much as others. Remains are disposed of by fire, committing to the depths and many other methods. Encasement in a box underground, after undergoing a series of chemical treatments, isn't for everyone.

Maybe there is a certain equilibrium with the universe if a person who loved the desert is resting, unadorned, in the environment he so enjoyed.......maybe Gary had left word with his surviving relatives on how his remains would be dealt with? Maybe this isn't so far off; he may have requested ashes distributed in Baja?

Certainly the remains would probably be disturbed.......but that happens in burials at sea. And fire is certainly a disturbing process to the remains. I sometimes think the whole process of cremation is for the benefit of the surviving, more than anything else. It helps alleviate thoughts of decomposition. Well, you can't always get what you want........

The question of foul play will probably never be answered, given the level of forensic science in the area. And bringing your own science with you is beyond the means of many............and may still yield the same incomplete answers.

And even if evidence of foul play were discovered, the wheels of justice in Mexico are too cumbersome and too expensive. In the absence of money to motivate justice, the only thing that might get the wheels turning is political pressure. But it only seems like political pressure is used when the victim is someone more prominent in life than Gary. You know, guys who have connections to senators or families who have donated to political campaigns in the past.

There are limits to what the uninitiated can do in Mexico. At least securing the vehicle is still within their circle of control. Getting answers on Gary's whereabouts probably isn't.

Some of you should just accept it. Possibly the family has, too. Discovering the mystery of the disappearance of Gary has a big dollar sign on it, at every turn. Some families just can't afford that.

lizard lips - 6-15-2014 at 10:08 AM

Thanks Hook. Could not have said it better!

DianaT - 6-15-2014 at 10:33 AM

Absolutely the BEST recent post. Well thought out reality and devoid of all judgment.

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Well, cowboys certainly can't be hired by phone. Nor, by wishing for it on the internet, over and over.

Some people need to realize that not every family reveres the corporal remains of a person as much as others. Remains are disposed of by fire, committing to the depths and many other methods. Encasement in a box underground, after undergoing a series of chemical treatments, isn't for everyone.

Maybe there is a certain equilibrium with the universe if a person who loved the desert is resting, unadorned, in the environment he so enjoyed.......maybe Gary had left word with his surviving relatives on how his remains would be dealt with? Maybe this isn't so far off; he may have requested ashes distributed in Baja?

Certainly the remains would probably be disturbed.......but that happens in burials at sea. And fire is certainly a disturbing process to the remains. I sometimes think the whole process of cremation is for the benefit of the surviving, more than anything else. It helps alleviate thoughts of decomposition. Well, you can't always get what you want........

The question of foul play will probably never be answered, given the level of forensic science in the area. And bringing your own science with you is beyond the means of many............and may still yield the same incomplete answers.

And even if evidence of foul play were discovered, the wheels of justice in Mexico are too cumbersome and too expensive. In the absence of money to motivate justice, the only thing that might get the wheels turning is political pressure. But it only seems like political pressure is used when the victim is someone more prominent in life than Gary. You know, guys who have connections to senators or families who have donated to political campaigns in the past.

There are limits to what the uninitiated can do in Mexico. At least securing the vehicle is still within their circle of control. Getting answers on Gary's whereabouts probably isn't.

Some of you should just accept it. Possibly the family has, too. Discovering the mystery of the disappearance of Gary has a big dollar sign on it, at every turn. Some families just can't afford that.

EnsenadaDr - 6-15-2014 at 11:07 AM

I had heard that money had been given to the Rancher to hire the cowboy searchers. That is why I ask what happened to them.
Quote:

woody with a view - 6-15-2014 at 02:03 PM

vehicle was there yesterday with a flat.......

rts551 - 6-15-2014 at 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
vehicle was there yesterday with a flat.......

Woody, is that something you heard about?

woody with a view - 6-15-2014 at 05:54 PM

drove by at 60 MPH and glanced at it. i also noticed it there June 6 only i was going the other direction......

DENNIS - 6-15-2014 at 06:40 PM

It probably has a flat so no one will snatch it.

Hook - 6-15-2014 at 08:00 PM

Quote:

I gotta remember that thinking when I'm forced to park in a sketchy area. :light:

Just bring the compressor!!

Feathers - 6-15-2014 at 08:15 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I gotta remember that thinking when I'm forced to park in a sketchy area. :light:

Just bring the compressor!!

Seriously BRILLIANT!

motoged - 6-18-2014 at 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Feathers

Seriously BRILLIANT!

Not really.....putting a spare on gets the rig moving.....if they really want it.

Same can be said for any theft prevention strategy....:light:

woody with a view - 6-18-2014 at 11:20 AM

^^^BUZZ KILL^^^

SoCalPattonCrew - 6-25-2014 at 08:40 PM

Dearest Nomads:
The car is been recovered tonite with very kind assistance from the Police Commandant Arturo Nunez who finally became available this week so an enormous effort was made by Gary's brother Dave and his sister Sue very last minute to get down there, and thankfully it all worked out that they could get there, do what was required, get the car running and bring it home.
We will report any other findings in a few days. For now, know that the authorities involved in this were extremely kind and considerate toward Dave, there were no issues or complications, nor problems at the border. The people truly made themselves available to help Dave and make things work for him -- as hassle-free as possible.
It is time now for us to touch and feel something of Gary's, because this may be all we have, that we may ever have, yet to us, it's huge --especially after 8 months of nothing, having his car gives us a timepiece and our family needs some time to embrace it and him.
Thank you all for your vigilance....

elgatoloco - 6-25-2014 at 09:08 PM

Good to hear that this chapter of ordeal is closed. Wish the best for the SoCal Patton Crew.

woody with a view - 6-25-2014 at 09:25 PM

close this thread..................PLEASE!

bacquito - 6-26-2014 at 08:00 AM

Quote:

Ditto

BajaBill74 - 6-26-2014 at 08:27 AM

I'd sure like to know about the camera.

chuckie - 6-26-2014 at 08:41 AM

Why?

Skipjack Joe - 6-26-2014 at 09:15 AM

And I would like to know if they find him and what happened to him in the first place. The car is just evidence, not the goal of this search.

mtgoat666 - 6-26-2014 at 09:48 AM

Quote:

why? the mystery remains! where is Gary?

pappy - 6-26-2014 at 10:12 AM

indded good news about vehicle recovery. at least that is taken care of.

DENNIS - 6-26-2014 at 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBill74
I'd sure like to know about the camera.

And the underwear. :lol:

woody with a view - 6-26-2014 at 11:42 AM

Quote:
Quote:

does anyone really think he's going to materialize? the truck is returned, what's left?

MMc - 6-26-2014 at 11:50 AM

Wild supposition and poo slinging. I feel for the family.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

does anyone really think he's going to materialize? the truck is returned, what's left?

DENNIS - 6-26-2014 at 12:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think I saw him on TV this AM in Brazil watching world cup. :bounce:

woody with a view - 6-26-2014 at 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MMc
Wild supposition and poo slinging. I feel for the family.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

cmon Mac, nothing wild here. I'm not trying to offend anyone today and I'm sure Gary isn't coming back. call it intuition......

MMc - 6-26-2014 at 07:26 PM

Sorry Woody. I was referring to the the 103 pages of wild supposition and poo slinging, some will continue with it. It would be nice if the family gets some closure but we do not need to be part of it. Yes this should be put to bed.
Being a smart A$t and almost blew my head off.

[Edited on 6-27-2014 by MMc]

lizard lips - 6-27-2014 at 01:28 PM

Garys ex-wife, Kim, called last night and I thought I would let you all know the recent news.

Garys brother, Dave, went to Catavina last week and took possession of the 4 Runner. All that was needed was a jump and to fill the tires with air and he was off. Everything I mentioned in a prior email was in the car and nothing was missing except for the change and the container the change was in, his wallet, and a few other small items. Dave emptied the ice chest so we will not know if there were any expiration dates on the orange juice. His clothes were all neatly folded.

The cameras were also retrieved. The last photos taken on the card were that of the little memorial that was mentioned before and nothing after September 05, 2013.

The Catavina police told Dave that the tow charges were $800.00 and he said that he didn't have that kind of money with him. Eventually the tow guy was paid $40.00 and he took it as payment in full after going around and around a few times. The tow guy said that the 40 would pay for his gas and all was good.

Dave did not go to the ranchers home or check out the area where the vehicle was found. The Catavina told Dave that they didn't want him out there especially in the heat and him not being familiar with the area. They told him that they didn't want him to end up like his brother.

That is all for now. I don't blame Dave for not attempting to search at this time. I told Kim that with all the time that has passed nothing will change for the next few months and when they are ready for a search to proceed in October or November when it cools off quite a bit.

Just wanted to keep you informed for now. This is ALL I know right now so if you have questions please post them and maybe we can see if they can be answered.

Thanks again for all your help. I know the family really appreciates your posts and input.

SoCalPattonCrew - 6-27-2014 at 04:18 PM

Thank you Dan again for relaying our family's update. You pretty much summarized the situation with the family. The relief we feel is amazing having Gary's truck returned, that's all we have and probably all we will ever have. Elliott, Gary's son, will be keeping the truck for himself, which is an emotional tribute to his Dad. We are now in stand-by mode but have not closed shop by a far stretch. Our emotions are still raw but we are learning to accept the obvious with time. Again, thanks Dan.

durrelllrobert - 6-27-2014 at 04:25 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No, I think that was Ron Sanders who disappeared from here in Nov. 2012.

[Edited on 6-27-2014 by durrelllrobert]

EnsenadaDr - 6-28-2014 at 07:02 AM

I've asked this question several times, and I will try again. What happened to the cowboys that the rancher was supposed to hire to help you search?
Quote:
Originally posted by SoCalPattonCrew
Thank you Dan again for relaying our family's update. You pretty much summarized the situation with the family. The relief we feel is amazing having Gary's truck returned, that's all we have and probably all we will ever have. Elliott, Gary's son, will be keeping the truck for himself, which is an emotional tribute to his Dad. We are now in stand-by mode but have not closed shop by a far stretch. Our emotions are still raw but we are learning to accept the obvious with time. Again, thanks Dan.

EnsenadaDr - 6-28-2014 at 07:44 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Not funny Dennis or Bob!!
Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Quote:

Skipjack Joe - 6-28-2014 at 08:12 AM

EnsenadaDr

They have postponed the search until fall. You may want to ask the question then.

It's a good idea and I'm sure they will consider it.

[Edited on 6-28-2014 by Skipjack Joe]

Hook - 6-28-2014 at 08:22 AM

Quote:
EnsenadaDr

They have postponed the search until fall. You may want to ask the question then.

EXACTLY!!! I thought about including that, but I thought it was too obvious.

IT'S DONE FOR NOW, DOC!!! ACCEPT IT!!!

Besides, what business is it of ours, if they decide to cowboy up?

durrelllrobert - 6-28-2014 at 08:27 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Not funny Dennis or Bob!!
Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Quote:

Need to fix your quotes. I did not post "does anyone really think he's going to materialize? the truck is returned, what's left?". That was woody. And yes, Ron Sanders did disappear from Punta Banda , never to be heard from again, in Nov. 2012 and IMHO he could very well be in Brasil.

EnsenadaDr - 6-28-2014 at 08:33 AM

from what I understand, money was changed hands with the Rancher and it's the Ranchers duty to continue on with the search. Why hasn't he done it?
Quote:
EnsenadaDr

EnsenadaDr - 6-28-2014 at 08:36 AM

Hook, I promise you, I will read your new forum, Fishermen in Sonora that post in a Baja Forum that like American baseball, I promise!!
Quote:
Quote:
EnsenadaDr

EXACTLY!!! I thought about including that, but I thought it was too obvious.

IT'S DONE FOR NOW, DOC!!! ACCEPT IT!!!

Besides, what business is it of ours, if they decide to cowboy up?

lizard lips - 6-28-2014 at 08:42 AM

Doc, you have now sent me three u2u's asking about the rancher and the pesos given to him to hire some of the locals to conduct a small search of the area. I will tell you AGAIN and let all know that if there was something to report regarding this it would have been posted. Do I know if the rancher ever started a search or hired anyone in the area? NO-I do not. Now after I have answered your u2u's each and every time PLEASE do not ask me again.

It is what it is Janene. How do I get that through your thick head? Does anyone know how I can answer her more clearly than what I have told her. Please give it a rest Doc!

[Edited on 6-28-2014 by lizard lips]

EnsenadaDr - 6-28-2014 at 08:53 AM

You told me in a U2U months ago NOT to reveal that you gave the rancher the money from the family and so far I honored that. Now that you have told the board yourself that months back you gave the money to the rancher from the family to hire cowboys, I do think it should have been followed up by you or the family as to why the cowboys weren't hired and why the rancher has held on to the money this whole time. Sorry you don't like my comments Dan.
Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
Doc, you have now sent me three u2u's asking about the rancher and the pesos given to him to hire some of the locals to conduct a small search of the area. I will tell you AGAIN and let all know that if there was something to report regarding this it would have been posted. Do I know if the rancher ever started a search or hired anyone in the area? NO-I do not. Now after I have answered your u2u's each and every time PLEASE do not ask me again.

It is what it is Janene. How do I get that through your thick head? Does anyone know how I can answer her more clearly than what I have told her. Please give it a rest Doc!

DianaT - 6-28-2014 at 09:12 AM

Isn't it time to back off and just let the family decide what they need to do? It is THEIR loss and frankly, what they do now is no one's business, unless they ask.

lizard lips - 6-28-2014 at 09:26 AM

Quote:
You told me in a U2U months ago NOT to reveal that you gave the rancher the money from the family and so far I honored that. Now that you have told the board yourself that months back you gave the money to the rancher from the family to hire cowboys, I do think it should have been followed up by you or the family as to why the cowboys weren't hired and why the rancher has held on to the money this whole time. Sorry you don't like my comments Dan.
Quote:

How in the hell do you know that the cowboys weren't hired Janene? And how do you know that the rancher held onto the money for this long? No, I don't like your comments because they make no sense...Dont you think that if one of the "cowboys" found something it would have been posted? Drive it into the ground Doc.

EnsenadaDr - 6-28-2014 at 09:35 AM

This is a free speech board. No amount of abuse or threatening tactics should be used to silence the free speech of another. I have said what I have said. Remember, we are all brothers and sisters of Baja and should love and respect each other. Yes we all try and needle others at time and get responses but it should be done in a loving and caring way. Let's not belittle or malign others in a vicious way. Have a wonderful and blessed weekend and remember that my good thoughts are with all of you. We are only on this precious Earth for a millisecond in the scheme of things so let's not hate.

woody with a view - 6-28-2014 at 09:36 AM

close this thread.........:!:

DianaT - 6-28-2014 at 09:59 AM

Quote:

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Besides, this is not a FREE speech board --- it is owned and controlled by the Grand Master and therefore, he gets to decide what is allowed.

Please Grand Master --- close it down.

EnsenadaDr - 6-28-2014 at 10:05 AM

Have a wonderful day Diana, yes I forgot to add that PS that there is a censor on the board.
Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Quote:

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Besides, this is not a FREE speech board --- it is owned and controlled by the Grand Master and therefore, he gets to decide what is allowed.

Hook - 6-28-2014 at 10:07 AM

Can't someone start a fictitious CSI/medical intrigue post, involving Baja, that will hold Doc over till the fall?

I'd do it, but I am only capable of talking about baseball, fishing and Sonora.......that would be strike three, for me. :biggrin:

Hey, maybe throw a medical angle into the Jailed Marine story? Like, maybe he was served BAD turtle soup in jail? Maybe have cowboys looking for the source of the turtles or something?

Anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EnsenadaDr - 6-28-2014 at 10:16 AM

Sounds pretty creative and funny!! Do they actually serve turtle soup in Mexican jails? Costa Salvaje wouldn't like that too much.

Quote:
Can't someone start a fictitious CSI/medical intrigue post, involving Baja, that will hold Doc over till the fall?

I'd do it, but I am only capable of talking about baseball, fishing and Sonora.......that would be strike three, for me. :biggrin:

Hey, maybe throw a medical angle into the Jailed Marine story? Like, maybe he was served BAD turtle soup in jail? Maybe have cowboys looking for the source of the turtles or something?

Anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtgoat666 - 6-28-2014 at 10:20 AM

Quote:
This is a free speech board. No amount of abuse or threatening tactics should be used to silence the free speech of another. I have said what I have said. Remember, we are all brothers and sisters of Baja and should love and respect each other. Yes we all try and needle others at time and get responses but it should be done in a loving and caring way. Let's not belittle or malign others in a vicious way. Have a wonderful and blessed weekend and remember that my good thoughts are with all of you. We are only on this precious Earth for a millisecond in the scheme of things so let's not hate.

you know, free speech goes both ways. you spout, then people critique your spout. deal with it!

DENNIS - 6-28-2014 at 10:20 AM

Quote:

It is until the rules of decency are violated. That is what is allowed.

ligui - 6-28-2014 at 10:42 AM

Doc , really check out the Marine in jail posts , maybe you can help stop the anger that is there . It should be stopped as the boys are just fighting and nothing good about baja comes from it .

:yes:

EnsenadaDr - 6-28-2014 at 10:58 AM

Nah, you know that Marine story is a tough one. He clearly violated the rules, and really, why was that guy carrying all those guns and ammunition to begin with? My feeling is that maybe he did miss the US exit, and I have almost done that as many times as I cross the border, or maybe he was trying to impress his girlfriend? In any case I feel bad for the guy and I don't think anyone can prove he clearly intended to bring guns into Mexico.
Quote:
Originally posted by ligui
Doc , really check out the Marine in jail posts , maybe you can help stop the anger that is there . It should be stopped as the boys are just fighting and nothing good about baja comes from it .

:yes:

danaeb - 6-28-2014 at 12:37 PM

Oh, if only she would:

From Janene's avatar/profile

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

And Janene, I'll save you the time. I'm having a wonderful day and don't need any blessings.

[Edited on 6-28-2014 by danaeb]

EnsenadaDr - 6-28-2014 at 01:18 PM

You too Danaeb!! I see your mood is groovy, so please have a groovy day!
Quote:
Originally posted by danaeb
Oh, if only she would:

From Janene's avatar/profile

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

And Janene, I'll save you the time. I'm having a wonderful day and don't need any blessings.

[Edited on 6-28-2014 by danaeb]

[Edited on 6-28-2014 by EnsenadaDr]

durrelllrobert - 6-28-2014 at 03:36 PM

Quote:
Sounds pretty creative and funny!! Do they actually serve turtle soup in Mexican jails? Costa Salvaje wouldn't like that too much.

Just the eggs.

Why?

Feathers - 6-28-2014 at 06:03 PM

Quote:
Quote:

WHY close this thread? If a nomad doesn't want to read it, well, the solution is glaringly obvious. I don't understand. :?:

Skipjack Joe - 6-28-2014 at 08:52 PM

Quote:
Isn't it time to back off and just let the family decide what they need to do? It is THEIR loss and frankly, what they do now is no one's business, unless they ask.

But Diane, the do ask. In virtually every post they have made. Every post seems to end with them encouraging nomads to post thoughts and advice, no matter how silly they may be.

BajaGringo - 6-28-2014 at 09:04 PM

Quote:
But Diane, the do ask. In virtually every post they have made. Every post seems to end with them encouraging nomads to post thoughts and advice, no matter how silly they may be.

Quote:

I don't see any request for help or input in their last post.

woody with a view - 6-28-2014 at 09:21 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

WHY close this thread? If a nomad doesn't want to read it, well, the solution is glaringly obvious. I don't understand. :?:

you are right! i forgot i had free will.

EnsenadaDr - 6-28-2014 at 09:28 PM

Haha very funny!! A little levity never hurt anyone!! As someone else said here earlier today, "Carry on Mate!!"
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

you are right! i forgot i had free will.

BornFisher - 6-28-2014 at 10:23 PM

Well, you have to admit, here on Baja Nomads we sure know how to turn something so tragic, into Baja Nomad theater and entertainment. Who can resist taking another peek when the last post to this thread is from Ensenada Dr.??? Besides, who could ever imagine what has transpired and what may??

EnsenadaDr - 6-28-2014 at 11:25 PM

Yes you are right. Between my U2U comments to Ron Hoff and Lizard Lips today, they both told me not to ever U2U them again. I guess Ron told me I have too much time on my hands, (I don't go to bars and drink, I check here for entertainment) and Lizard is mad that I asked a question I guess. I didn't like the Baja Bashing that goes on on Talk Baja and mentioned it, but Ron said he didn't want to hear it and to leave US alone (whomever US is, I guess he was talking about Craig Wutsch and himself).

JZ - 6-28-2014 at 11:42 PM

Quote:
Yes you are right. Between my U2U comments to Ron Hoff and Lizard Lips today, they both told me not to ever U2U them again. I guess Ron told me I have too much time on my hands, (I don't go to bars and drink, I check here for entertainment) and Lizard is mad that I asked a question I guess. I didn't like the Baja Bashing that goes on on Talk Baja and mentioned it, but Ron said he didn't want to hear it and to leave US alone (whomever US is, I guess he was talking about Craig Wutsch and himself).

You are just a horrible person. God help anyone that knows you in real life.

EnsenadaDr - 6-28-2014 at 11:50 PM

I am actually a very nice person. But I don't tolerate mean people very easily and will call them on it. Sorry.
Quote:
Originally posted by JZ
Quote:

Skipjack Joe - 6-29-2014 at 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
Quote:

Quote:

I don't see any request for help or input in their last post.

You're right, Ron, this one did not. It's 100 pages now but I seem to remember them being very patient with the posts and encouraging to continue. Anyway this last post shows no desire to stop the thread. I suppose if they wanted that they could ask Doug to just close the thread. Incidentally, they could ask Doug to delete posts that bothered them and I'm sure he would accommodate them.

tecatero - 6-29-2014 at 04:47 AM

Let me get this straight,,,,,,,,he goes all the way down to Catavina, barely able to pay off an impound with a lucky bargain, and doesn't even make an attempt to scout out the disappearance area, question locals, etc.....I'm just glad that the 94 4runner is safe , sound , and in the home of a loving family. May the heavens above take care of that Toyota. Oh yeah, you too Gary.

DENNIS - 6-29-2014 at 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JZ
Quote:

This thread has taken some unexpected turns, but comments, such as this, are uncalled for.
Why don't we all just allow the thread to RIP without resorting to senseless nastiness. It serves no purpose.

mtgoat666 - 6-29-2014 at 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JZ

And anyone who would say something like that is...

Who are you to opine?

EnsenadaDr - 6-29-2014 at 08:24 AM

Now that the car has returned to the family I have a few questions. What was the expiration date on the orange juice, and was there in fact underwear left in the car?

DENNIS - 6-29-2014 at 08:36 AM

Quote:
Now that the car has returned to the family I have a few questions. What was the expiration date on the orange juice, and was there in fact underwear left in the car?

Stop it. Please. There are no answers. Let it go to "cold case."

EnsenadaDr - 6-29-2014 at 08:38 AM

Isn't what this whole thread has been about DENNIS? Finally getting the car back and finding out what evidence is left?
Quote:
Quote:

Stop it. Please. There are no answers. Let it go to "cold case."

DENNIS - 6-29-2014 at 08:46 AM

Quote:
Isn't what this whole thread has been about DENNIS? Finally getting the car back and finding out what evidence is left

Methods change. It's over. Quit grave digging and let it go.

Feathers - 6-29-2014 at 08:56 AM

Quote:

Even IF the answers to these questions were made available to you, what could you possibly DO with them?

I suspect the Patton family has abandoned this thread. Perhaps you should message them.

JoeJustJoe - 6-29-2014 at 09:31 AM

Quote:
Quote:

This is very interesting Janene and you deserve an answer for just for following this thread so long.

I myself feel cheated after all this time only the 4-Runner was recovered!

What happened to the Gary recovery operation with Gary's family, cowboys, and old men from "Baja Nomad" joining in the search party?

And now we hear it's too hot? Well we knew it was too hot months ago.

But now we hear there is going to be a sequel, some time in October. I don't know if I'm going to be around for this other sequel because this first part of the sequel turned out to the a dud, and part II promises to be a dud too.

At least it's obvious the family pretty much believes Gary is dead and there is no chance he is alive, and therefore, hopefully they will suspend any more money on this operation unless it's a volunteer search party, and they pay for their meals.

Keep asking questions Janene, I myself am curious at the amount the family spent on the recovery operation so far, and accounting how that money was spent. Might not be any of my business, but why have a thread like this in the first place, and then have all these secrets we're not suppose to talk about.

Pages:  1  ..  19    21    23  24