BajaNomad

Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015

Pages:  1  ..  20    22    24

DENNIS - 6-29-2014 at 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JoeJustJoe

I myself am curious at the amount the family spent on the recovery operation so far, and accounting how that money was spent.

You gotta be kidding, Joe. How is this any of your business? Did you contribute to the fund?
Move on to something else.

EnsenadaDr - 6-29-2014 at 09:44 AM

I'd like to talk to the Rancher myself and find out why he didn't use the money to hire the cowboys Joe, but I guess his name is top secret as well.

EnsenadaDr - 6-29-2014 at 09:52 AM

Yes you told me to shut up and you would never answer a U2U from me again. So what do you want me to do now Dan, go in a corner and cry? Your intimidation and nasty comments might be effective with other people in your life, but not me. So then, did YOU read my question as to why didn't you ask the Rancher what happened to the pesos you gave him for hiring a search party? And if you don't want to ask, perhaps someone else will. That's great, apparently no one cares about any of the suggestions we had here to further the investigation and get some answers. Just empty the ice chest and throw away any evidence we can find to forget the whole thing. I mean after all we are all a bunch of old retired gringos who have nothing better to do than to sit 24 hours a day on this board and appear to want to help a distraught family (NOT!) I believe many were in earnest in trying to raise money for others that have been injured etc. but I guess this is all a joke on us, and for Ron Hoff (who has changed his name to Ron Gomez on Facebook and runs his Talk Baja forum now from Facebook) that called me a meddling gossip, it's ok for you to have a member of a site that is known to hate Baja as his moderator and no one can ask him or you why he allows this person to continue his tirade on Baja and stating that a woman that drowned in Ensenada is the kind of person that would be attracted to Baja. He has the biggest gossip around on his FB page that doesn't even live in Baja and moved away from it because he hates Baja so much. Let's Talk Baja and not BS, please.

[Edited on 6-29-2014 by EnsenadaDr]

vandenberg - 6-29-2014 at 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Stop it. Please. There are no answers. Let it go to "cold case."

Would that be the one with the Pacifico in it ? :P:biggrin::biggrin:

JoeJustJoe - 6-29-2014 at 10:08 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by JoeJustJoe

I myself am curious at the amount the family spent on the recovery operation so far, and accounting how that money was spent.

You gotta be kidding, Joe. How is this any of your business? Did you contribute to the fund?
Move on to something else.

I was going to add at the end of my earlier post Shut up Dennis!

I have told you many times Dennis, you are not the final arbitrator.

I'm also tired of being spoon fed information, and then when anything is questioned, you hear from the peanut gallery, " watch what you say, and think of the family." The peanut gallery uses that like a club to shut up any 'Nomads" they think is getting out of line, and it has been used against you too Dennis.

I also don't like the fact that Janene is attacked in this thread all the time. I don't agree with Janane on many things, but I don't bash her just because I don't agree with her or like the questions she is asking.

There is nothing wrong with asking a few limited money trail question. if the family or others don't want to answer, that's up to them, but people will be wondering.

[Edited on 6-29-2014 by JoeJustJoe]

EnsenadaDr - 6-29-2014 at 10:13 AM

What do you mean Joe you don't agree with me all the time? I thought we were like Ebony and Ivory, living in perfect harmony:biggrin::biggrin: (just referring to the lyrics, not our colors!!)

EnsenadaDr - 6-29-2014 at 10:32 AM

NO Dan, YOU are the investigator not me. I didn't get paid to go investigate, you did. And money paid or not, there are questions that you should be asking and not leave hanging. Yes I realize a lot of this was done voluntarily, a lot of it was done for practically no money on your part, but closure in this case is critical. Like why the Rancher kept the family's money. Like if the search had been conducted months ago when you gave the Rancher the money Gary's remains might have been found. Give someone else the Rancher's number, like the Catavina police department for keeping funds that were supposed to be used to find Gary. You are obstructing vital information like the Rancher's phone number to ask him what happened to the search team. I could go down there if I got paid like you did or I knew where the Rancher was but you are not willing to release that information. Since you know the Rancher's name and number, you could make that call from the comfort of your own home and report the stolen pesos.
Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
Apparently my comments were effective doc or you would not be bringing them up as you do but that was not my intent. You can sit behind your computer and spout out anything you like and keep asking all of these questions, which most have been answered. I have gone the extra mile with attempting to find some closure for the family. I went looking for him with Bajaguy and followed up with the authorities several times and met in person with the family in OC. Have you stepped out your door and got into your car and driven down there and conducted your own search? Have you picked up the phone and called the Catavina PD and asked them any questions? NO...

I have tried really hard to answer questions presented not only by you but others and I did mention that if there was something to report regarding the rancher or the "cowboys" I or the family would post it but there is nothing to report. How more clear can I be. Of course I was rude with my answers to you but if you would just read what is posted and not go on a rant and suggest I was intimidating and making nasty comments I guess I had to so that you would just GET IT--- but I was way wrong.

As far as the orange juice container is concerned Garys brother threw it away. It's gone Janene and if you want I could probably find out what trash can he put it in and maybe you could go to Catavina and locate it.

Now you want to personally contact the rancher? COLD DAY IN HELL...

By the way, I never told you to "shut up" I merely told you to stop sending me u2u"s.

If you are so intent on gaining information and are obviously consumed with this I suggest you go down there yourself. PLEASE. Do it Janene. This will show me and everyone else on this board that you are really concerned and want to get the answers I won't give you. Actually I have answered everything I know so please gas up your car and head out.

Mexitron - 6-29-2014 at 10:48 AM

Quote:
Garys ex-wife, Kim, called last night and I thought I would let you all know the recent news.

Garys brother, Dave, went to Catavina last week and took possession of the 4 Runner. All that was needed was a jump and to fill the tires with air and he was off. Everything I mentioned in a prior email was in the car and nothing was missing except for the change and the container the change was in, his wallet, and a few other small items. Dave emptied the ice chest so we will not know if there were any expiration dates on the orange juice. His clothes were all neatly folded.

The cameras were also retrieved. The last photos taken on the card were that of the little memorial that was mentioned before and nothing after September 05, 2013.

The Catavina police told Dave that the tow charges were $800.00 and he said that he didn't have that kind of money with him. Eventually the tow guy was paid $40.00 and he took it as payment in full after going around and around a few times. The tow guy said that the 40 would pay for his gas and all was good.

Dave did not go to the ranchers home or check out the area where the vehicle was found. The Catavina told Dave that they didn't want him out there especially in the heat and him not being familiar with the area. They told him that they didn't want him to end up like his brother.

That is all for now. I don't blame Dave for not attempting to search at this time. I told Kim that with all the time that has passed nothing will change for the next few months and when they are ready for a search to proceed in October or November when it cools off quite a bit.

Just wanted to keep you informed for now. This is ALL I know right now so if you have questions please post them and maybe we can see if they can be answered.

Thanks again for all your help. I know the family really appreciates your posts and input.

Just curious, but did the police have any ideas about what could have happened? Considering where the truck was found and if there was any foul play maybe they would have some insight? Or are they as baffled as everyone is?

lizard lips - 6-29-2014 at 10:50 AM

I was paid for expenses Janene. All of what I did was out of pocket after the small money paid by the family.

I will not answer you again Janene. I WILL POST IF ANYTHING IS WORTHY OF POSTING REGARDING THE RANCHER.

Don't bother asking me any further questions as I will not respond.

I suggest AGAIN-You go down there if you are so interested.

EnsenadaDr - 6-29-2014 at 10:52 AM

It's very evident that you are covering up where the money for the search went and protecting a criminal who took this family's money and now won't have to answer for it.
Quote:
I was paid for expenses Janene. All of what I did was out of pocket after the small money paid by the family.

I will not answer you again Janene. I WILL POST IF ANYTHING IS WORTHY OF POSTING REGARDING THE RANCHER.

lizard lips - 6-29-2014 at 10:54 AM

Mexitron-Catavina PD don't have anything to report. They were asked and don't have a clue. They even said it was strange that the vehicle appeared where it did after the rancher found it and said he didn't see it in December. I tend to believe now that the rancher may be wrong but he told me in-person that he was confident that the 4 Runner was not there prior to December.

MMc - 6-29-2014 at 11:14 AM

Like I said, I feel for the family
I think there are folks that just love to keep this thing going for some twisted reason.

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
Quote:
Originally posted by MMc
Wild supposition and poo slinging. I feel for the family.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
close this thread..................PLEASE!

why? the mystery remains! where is Gary?

does anyone really think he's going to materialize? the truck is returned, what's left?

cmon Mac, nothing wild here. I'm not trying to offend anyone today and I'm sure Gary isn't coming back. call it intuition......

Feathers - 6-29-2014 at 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr

... closure in this case is critical.

Good luck with that. You may be sorely disappointed. :no:

Hook - 6-29-2014 at 11:40 AM

Forget closure. I wish we could invoke cloture.

EnsenadaDr - 6-29-2014 at 11:43 AM

You figure it out. Lizard Lips gave money to the Rancher to pay for a search party. Granted, no one knows how much he gave him a few months ago. I have been asking the question ad nauseum what happened to the searchers which no one has answered...so why won't he ask the Rancher where the money went? What other scenario can you conclude?
Quote:
Originally posted by SFandH
Quote:
It's very evident that you are covering up where the money for the search went and protecting a criminal who took this family's money and now won't have to answer for it.

Is that right? Where's the evidence?

[Edited on 6-29-2014 by SFandH]

JZ - 6-29-2014 at 06:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Jesus, what the hell is wrong with you. Get back on your meds.

JZ - 6-29-2014 at 06:54 PM

Quote:
You figure it out. Lizard Lips gave money to the Rancher to pay for a search party. Granted, no one knows how much he gave him a few months ago. I have been asking the question ad nauseum what happened to the searchers which no one has answered...so why won't he ask the Rancher where the money went? What other scenario can you conclude?
Quote:
Originally posted by SFandH
Quote:

Is that right? Where's the evidence?

[Edited on 6-29-2014 by SFandH]

It's none of your business crazy lady. Just freaking stop it.

chuckie - 6-30-2014 at 07:35 AM

It seems that would be between LL and Gary's family..Why are you sticking your nose in, Doc? I dont think I have ever seen so many dumb questions and comments from any one person...give it up....or (and I know this wont happen) go down there your self....Its south off of Hiway 1...You can likely find hiway 1 cant you? Maybe not....

Taco de Baja - 6-30-2014 at 08:09 AM

Quote:

Really Doc? Really? You're now calling the rancher a criminal? :no:

Do you know for a fact he and his friends did NOT search the area for a couple of days? Hell, maybe he's been searching for free during his daily "pony rides" around his ranch as he tends his heard!

The only thing criminal here is your obsession with this case. Please, please, please, give it a rest!

You have no idea of the massive effort it could take to search that desolate area. As Lizard Lips has suggested, fill up your tank with gas, take a couple of extra jerry cans, and take a drive down there to scope it out, then report back.

tripledigitken - 6-30-2014 at 08:13 AM

Janene,

Consider the payment to the rancher compensation for digging Gary's Toy out of the sand, towing it to the safety of his ranch, and contacting the police in Catavina.

EnsenadaDr - 6-30-2014 at 08:27 AM

Then if the answer is so simple, why doesn't Dan or the Rancher say so? I was told the money was specifically supposed to be used for a search party. If the question had been answered there would be no need to brainstorm answers as to where it went. The amount specifically as Dan stated to me was "pesos". It didn't sound like a lot of money but again I don't know the amount. I could fully understand the Rancher keeping it for expenses but that is not what is was what it was originally intended for. I guess we will ever know.
Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Janene,

Consider the payment to the rancher compensation for digging Gary's Toy out of the sand, towing it to the safety of his ranch, and contacting the police in Catavina.

elgatoloco - 6-30-2014 at 08:34 AM

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

greengoes - 6-30-2014 at 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JZ

It's none of your business crazy lady. Just freaking stop it.

SFandH - 6-30-2014 at 08:45 AM

Quote:
I have been asking the question ad nauseum what happened to the searchers..........

Yup!

Definition of AD NAUSEAM. : to a sickening or excessive degree.

JZ - 6-30-2014 at 08:46 AM

Quote:
Then if the answer is so simple, why doesn't Dan or the Rancher say so?
Quote:
Janene,

Because it's none of your business. I've got many U2U saying you've lost your mind and are acting disgraceful in this thread. Is that what you really want to be known for on this board??

[Edited on 6-30-2014 by JZ]

DENNIS - 6-30-2014 at 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by elgatoloco
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

And...as the late, great Louis Armstrong once said: "There are some people who, if they don't know, you can't tell 'em."

Yep....Ol' Louis said that.

tripledigitken - 6-30-2014 at 08:58 AM

They don't owe you an explanation. For you to call the rancher a criminal proves again you haven't a clue.

(please don't bother responding, it's really not necessary or wanted)

Quote:
Then if the answer is so simple, why doesn't Dan or the Rancher say so?
Quote:
Janene,

Terry28 - 6-30-2014 at 09:47 AM

please..please...please close this thread..it's over, over ,over,......something about beating a dead horse......

DENNIS - 6-30-2014 at 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Terry28
please..please...please close this thread..it's over, over ,over,......something about beating a dead horse......

It's still getting more action than any other thread here. When we quit posting on it, it'll probably go the way of all others to thread heaven...or hell...however one sees it. :biggrin:

willardguy - 6-30-2014 at 10:15 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Terry28

It's still getting more action than any other thread here. When we quit posting on it, it'll probably go the way of all others to thread heaven...or hell...however one sees it. :biggrin:
thread purgatory?

DENNIS - 6-30-2014 at 10:19 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy

thread purgatory?

This thread has been in need of a righteous purge for some time now. :lol:

Kgryfon - 6-30-2014 at 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Forget closure. I wish we could invoke cloture.

Haha! This ^^^^

Kgryfon - 6-30-2014 at 06:55 PM

Maybe this Rancher is the one who spiked the poor deceased girl from Arizona's energy drink with Ecstacy that he bought with the money he stole from Gary's familiy! And I bet the Rancher bought the Ecstacy from that Marine guy before he got busted! And the Marine guy was planning on trading his guns for more drugs to deal up in San Diego and that's why he crossed the border with them! Yep...that's the ticket - explains everything, doesn't it? Oops, except where's Gary...darn Ithought I had it all figured out... :lol::lol::lol:

DENNIS - 6-30-2014 at 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kgryfon
Maybe this Rancher is the one who spiked the poor deceased girl from Arizona's energy drink with Ecstacy that he bought with the money he stole from Gary's familiy! And I bet the Rancher bought the Ecstacy from that Marine guy before he got busted! And the Marine guy was planning on trading his guns for more drugs to deal up in San Diego and that's why he crossed the border with them! Yep...that's the ticket - explains everything, doesn't it? Oops, except where's Gary...darn Ithought I had it all figured out... :lol::lol::lol:

You got all that figured out without the benefit of skidmark analysis from the underwear. Amazing detective work.

Kgryfon - 6-30-2014 at 09:21 PM

Yeah, if I only had the expiration date off the bottle of orange juice I'm sure I could figure out how Gary fits into all of this!

micah202 - 7-1-2014 at 09:25 AM

Quote:
What do you mean Joe you don't agree with me all the time? I thought we were like Ebony and Ivory, living in perfect harmony:biggrin::biggrin: (just referring to the lyrics, not our colors!!)

...ohh,,tell me that we'll still get camping this winter!?? :(:(

micah202 - 7-1-2014 at 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by elgatoloco

....wow,,,yea....just..so..true! :wow::wow::wow:

micah202 - 7-2-2014 at 07:28 PM

.....this thread is sinking like a............oh,waidaminute

BajaBlanca - 7-15-2014 at 02:39 PM

ellow Nomads,
Around end of June, we reported that Gary's car was safely brought back to us by Dave and Sue, Gary's siblings. We took time over the 4th and since then to search as much as possible thru the contents and the car itself, what hadn't been discarded, for any clues to Gary's disappearance, yet we've found nothing. Finding nothing means 1) that there are no indications of wrong-doing, no injury, no blood, nothing to suspect Gary did anything more than leave the vehicle temporarily ( I say that because of everything left so in tact in the car, including the keys). (2)Although a few things are missing (can of coins, water bottles, toolbox, his wallet), there's nothing to suggest foul play. It is almost as if Gary walked away to talk to someone, or enjoy the sunset, with every intention of returning to his car within 30 minutes or so. The fact that he left his camera and keys absolutely suggests he intended to come back, and that he felt the camera would be safer in the car out of the sun than wherever he was going, and if carrying water, he couldn't carry the camera too. Since the car was stuck, he also was probably confident no one would take the car, and because he's so trusting of Mexicans, he did not fear for his valuables either.
Today, there are probably fewer than 2-3 of us in the family that continue to believe that Gary could be alive. I know many of you had given up months ago, and your consideration for our plight has helped us few believers immensely, even with the bantering. I am struggling to find next steps to keep the effort going, and it has been extremely hard with the lack of funds to work with (we are unable to sell the car because we're without the original title and Gary).
But I am working on a few ways to raise funds to keep something going and soon (with much prodding from friends of mine). One is simply a donation page (see plumfund.com and search Gary's name), and the other is to promote Gary's pictures, he has many very good photos (easier to do within the U.S. than in Baja), in exchange for donations to keep our efforts going. Our search will be to confirm Gary is alive more so than to find remains so no combing the desert, to find local people with clues either to what happened to him or even to find him, living and loving life on some beach with a good family perhaps, maybe not far from where his car was found, who knows. I refuse to give up on the easier theory that Gary is gone into the sands of the desert, because I know him and have to feel there is still hope because there is no conclusive evidence to the contrary.
Also, the rancher has not reported finding anything. He's obviously still there but not solely focused on our situation which is why we know we need to do more. Stay vigilant as you have been ...more to come. And thank you all for being there, for me and my son ... and Gary. --Kim
P.S. If I have not said it enough previously, this site has been so invaluable to me, I hope we can keep it going until we can turn it into a new purpose -- not a clue what that will be but I can remain hopeful.

volcano - 7-15-2014 at 04:32 PM

suggest fundraising for reward money for lead leading to either finding him alive, or to lead leading to arrest of culprit that ended his life.....volunteer posting of posters via bajanomad

micah202 - 7-15-2014 at 05:25 PM

Quote:
I am working on a few ways to raise funds to keep something going and soon (with much prodding from friends of mine). One is simply a donation page (see plumfund.com and search Gary's name),

...thanks for filling in some details

....a hopeful way to get some closure,,or at least send condolances,,,, here's a direct link to the fundraiser page...... http://www.plumfund.com/pf/zp5op

.....all the best!

[Edited on 7-16-2014 by micah202]

BajaBlanca - 7-23-2014 at 07:20 PM

Hi all, got this today from Kim:

Dearest Nomads,
Let me first thank all of you for your generous donations! I will be setting up an email group distribution and try to respond to each of you. I apologize that I got behind, did not expect your prompt replies. I'll be catching up soon.
I want to dispute any presumption that there has been some other 'fund' for the family set up or that we took money from any nomads-- this is absolutely false, and if any of you gave money to any fund set up in Gary's name other than this new plum fund account, please share that information so they can be reported and exposed. The family has borne 'lost funds' in the form of running news ads, detective work, and 8 trips + expenses since Sept '13 ... other expenses all should be aware of were made by willing Nomads who bore the cost of copying flyers, driving around questioning folks, etc., coming forward to help us of your own free will, early on in this nightmare. I can only account for that with endearing gratitude.
Regarding the rancher: he was NOT paid or HIRED by the family to conduct a search on our behalf as if a business arrangement, that is not the case. Our family merely offered him copies of the flyer, contact information, and a very small stipend, meant as reimbursement to offset any costs he would incur to spend more time to look for Gary. We are certainly not in a position, nor should we be, of requesting some accounting from him given his kind efforts. He already incurred expense by getting the vehicle retrieved and calling us directly. And, turns out that he has few workers on his ranch.
Lastly, regarding this donation request, consider this more as if attending a funeral --if you gave to the family of the deceased, would you ask for an accounting? As things are, we are very nearly at that point, though we will not go there without evidence. There certainly is not any expectation of giving, we simply need money to run ads again and hire even 1 person to traverse the populated areas w/flyers again. I do promise to keep you all updated of news or progress. I need my Nomads in the loop.
Again, thank you so much for all your help. May life pay you a favor as you have to Gary ... best regards, K

shari - 7-23-2014 at 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
May life pay you a favor as you have to Gary

this sentence sums it all up for all who have tried to help find Gary!!! thank you

micah202 - 7-24-2014 at 09:35 AM

...good to hear an update from the Pattons,,and hopefully 'questions' have been answered,,
......I cannot think how tough these times have been for them--glad they're hanging in there.

...it'd be good to get on with supporting the family in whichever manner each person feels appropriate

[Edited on 7-24-2014 by micah202]

Mulegena - 7-24-2014 at 12:07 PM

Most touching words, Friends. Gives comfort to us all and reminds us to always do our best in life, give care and kindness whenever possible.

Kgryfon - 7-25-2014 at 05:44 PM

I'm sorry she feels she has to explain where they spent their own money. She owes not one single person here any explaination, accounting, or other justification.

Some people don't want to donate for whatever reason? Then they shouldn't. However, repeatedly demanding an accounting to which you have no right, in a thinly disguised attempt to discourage others from donating, is just plain wrong in my book.

Yes, though times for this family and I wish them strength and patience.

BajaBlanca - 8-2-2014 at 01:55 AM

Update 8/1

Fellow Nomads:
Many, many thanks to all of you, for your support once again. I am so very grateful.
For now I am trying to negotiate an ad to run again with an updated status and plea for information. Hopefully, I can get free runs this time. We'll see.
Since in the summer it is extremely hot in the desert area near the car sighting, it may be good timing to ask Nomads for any friends, relatives, etc., that may be traveling to that area come fall, especially along the beaches and fishing sites, who could take along some photos of Gary, just to ask it he's been seen. (Refer to David K's excellent maps, pages 47-53 or so, from Punta Baja and north toward El Rosario or so.) So combing the inhabited areas where there's people not desolation. Gary could've gotten back those 10 miles or so with a ride, with help from someone.
A fellow Nomad on this site mentioned months ago the name of a family that lives closer to the beach, yet no one has checked in with that family, far as I know. I would request they be shown a photo, along with fishermen someone else mentioned that work off beach areas down there. As much as the family needs evidence, it seems more important to us to have exhausted all local folks and we cannot rely on the rancher we know because those areas are apparently too far from him (given horseback is his primary transportation on his ranch).
Lastly, I'll be working on finding an available young person(s) who may be wanting to earn a few dollars for their trouble while surfing down south,to interview as well so stay tuned for that, hopefully. I was told at some point in this nightmare that attorneys in Mexico are the source for P.I. work, detectives in general so if any of you have any contacts w/ attorneys practicing in Mexico, please send to Blanca or LL.
I still am considering offering a reward however it is too soon for that because there's nothing on hand to offer as yet. And, I am communicating with authorities to try to get evidentiary information that might lead somewhere though that will no doubt will take years, and will cost probably as well.
Once again, thank you Nomads all for your interest and caring in our ongoing dilemma finding Gary...... and just hanging in there w/me....
K

BajaGringo - 8-2-2014 at 08:52 AM

Thanks for the update Blanca. Please send my regards to the family...

David K - 8-2-2014 at 09:10 AM

Not Punta Baja to El Rosario (that's only 10 miles). I think you mean Punta Blanco north? His 4Runner was found along the road from just north of Cataviña to Faro San José/Punta Canoas.

San José and Punta Canoas are both north of Punta Blanco and south of Punta Baja.

TMW - 8-2-2014 at 11:50 AM

After dropping off the battery at Cocos The Squarecircle, XRPhlang and I did the coastal route from Santa Rosalillita turning toward Catavina at San Jose for gas then back out to San Jose and up the coast to Punta Canoas then out to hwy 1 and El Rosario. While we were not looking for Gary we were aware of him and at the places we stopped and went by we did not see anyone looking like him. If we had given more forethought to it we could have handed out posters.

BajaBlanca - 8-27-2014 at 12:16 PM

REC'D FROM KIM - 8/27/2014

Fellow Nomads,

I have taken on a full-time job and my posting updates are obviously fewer, but I assure you, that as the hot hot hot dry- scary summer months pass, I will provide a strategy to still find Gary.

You have all been so supportive and the plum funds will be used to pay expenses for someone dedicated that will comb the beach areas that I know Gary would've gone to, where he's gone years before, to find the someone who saw him, & can report anything back to us so that our family can get real evidence, now based from where his car was found.

I also have a very kind lady who has offered to help me get on some "missing person" list or radio/news communication out of Tijuana to repeat and update our story. And the generous folks at BajaTimes online will be helping us as well get another ad/article with an update and call-out for help, with the more specific coordinates of the car location as a reference this time.

With this very fortunate job opportunity that I never thought I would find again-- selling new and used office furniture (up to 80% off), it's truly a God-sent opportunity to replenish my loses .. though it is still so such a struggle to move on. I've resolved to do that, yet never forget, so there will be another effort, a renewed faith for news .. unrelentless to earn our desired result .. finding Gary.

DavidK has been instrumental in keeping my location reporting specific and true... thank you, DavidK. I will extract your mapping detail from earlier pages of reporting on this site to give to the bajatimes (only w/your permission, it's not vitally necessary because we do not need amateurs traveling there w/some publicity stunt in mind). A more generalized map w/out much road detail but definitely local resident recognition of the area would be perfect. So I will be working on these updates and if any of you can recommend more "publication" efforts, I am all ears. Probably the local newspapers as well, in spanish, will get done to.

So stay tuned folks, more to come ...God bless you all for your kind thoughts and regards, truly.

David K - 8-27-2014 at 10:46 PM

Oh please use whatever you think will help... I didn't do much at all... I sure would have liked to see the rancher's place on Google Earth or Bing satellite, however. I just did not see a ranch anywhere near where we 'think' he found the 4Runner.

If anyone has a fix on a ranch near the possible location of the 4Runner, please let me know. Thanks.

TMW - 8-28-2014 at 12:47 PM

Check 29-30.640x114-56.900. it is clearer on Bing.
Also 29-28.950x114-54.800

Mexitron - 8-28-2014 at 02:03 PM

About halfway between the San Jose road and the turnoff for the road where the truck was supposedly found is a small road heading SE----after a few hundred yards it crosses and dirt runway (hmmmmmm.......) and eventually comes to a ranch with a big green square plot of some kind of crop.

woody with a view - 8-28-2014 at 02:43 PM

just past the green "salon/meeting building" the road forks if I remember correctly the left fork ends up at a little corral/ranch not too much past the salon.

Mexitron - 8-28-2014 at 05:27 PM

Quote:
just past the green "salon/meeting building" the road forks if I remember correctly the left fork ends up at a little corral/ranch not too much past the salon.

Yeah, I think there's a few ranches down in the arroyo (Cuervito) there. We were thinking they were going to make that salon a cantina---just about the right spot for a cold one.:yes: In the early years there was a liquor license application displayed on the window.

Edited for direct paste onto satellite map sites

David K - 8-28-2014 at 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
Check 29º30.640', -114º56.900' (TW-1)

Also 29º28.950', -114º54.800' (TW-2)

Note the scale bar (2 miles) at bottom left.

EnsenadaDr - 8-29-2014 at 01:54 AM

You know it really is a crying shame that people are not willing to be more forthcoming or inquire further about the rancher, the exact location of the ranch and maybe even a map of the ranch itself and where the car was found. This all seems to be top secret information and no one wants to dole out any of this information which does not seem to help the situation at all. Why would it hurt at this point if we knew who the rancher was, and try to contact him? Is he a higher deity that it would be sacrilegeous to attempt to clarify the location and maybe get a few more pieces of information? Unless someone was sworn to secrecy...:cool:

David K - 8-29-2014 at 07:51 AM

The TW-2 ranch is quite impressive looking on GE. The TW-1 site is not, but GE images are not new.

TMW - 8-29-2014 at 08:57 AM

My GE date is 1/25/14. Bing is a very sharp image.

Dr it's my understanding that the rancher is only at the ranch a couple of days a month and he is up in age. I don't think anything is top secret I just don't think he wants to be hounded for info he really doesn't have. He found the car and took it to his place and notified the cops which took it to town. He didn't see anything in the area of the car ie:body, so what could he add to the story? The place is not a mystery. A location was given such as go this many KMs turn right and go 10 KMs and road to left. The spot is not that difficult to find. The Canoas road is easy to find. I've been on it several times over the years just not lately since the coast road is better. If you have a high clearance vehicle go down there and ask at the local ranches and I'm sure one will tell you all they know about it. The only thing that hasn't been done is a local search but at this point in time I doubt anything other than maybe some bones would show up and that's if there are any in the area. It would be very difficult for anyone or a group to search on foot except along the road.

I'm going to take Coco a wheelchair next month and I'll come back thru Catavina and I'll drive down and take the road to Canoas. I'll take a picture of Gary with me and if I see or hear anything I'll report it.

EnsenadaDr - 8-29-2014 at 09:01 AM

That would be nice. No one is going to hound the Rancher. That is just a ploy to excuse the fact that a thorough investigation was not done. Pictures of the ranch and the site where the 4 Runner was found should have been part of any investigation. If I had gotten financial reimbursement, that is what I would have done first thing. I was told to go down there myself. At this point and with all the confusion, I would do it if I was reimbursed for the trip since no one else seems to have the inclination. I know David K is much better with this area than I am and I am happy someone will be going down there such as yourself to give us all a clearer idea of where his truck was found. As far as an airstrip, who and what flies in there?

TMW - 8-29-2014 at 09:05 AM

Nobody flies in there. The government has cross cut all dirt fields except Santa Ines at Catavina to stop the drug runners.

EnsenadaDr - 8-29-2014 at 09:08 AM

BTW, September 4th will be the year anniversary that Gary disappeared. Let's all remember him in our thoughts and/or prayers and hope that closure of his whereabouts happens soon.

Mexitron - 8-29-2014 at 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
Nobody flies in there. The government has cross cut all dirt fields except Santa Ines at Catavina to stop the drug runners.

Didn't see any ruts, which is why I mentioned it.

DENNIS - 8-29-2014 at 09:51 AM

Quote:
BTW, September 4th will be the year anniversary that Gary disappeared. Let's all remember him in our thoughts and/or prayers and hope that closure of his whereabouts happens soon.

Deductive reasoning should be sufficient for closure. Why should it be left to archeology? That, for me, would be much more painful.

EnsenadaDr - 8-29-2014 at 10:01 AM

DENNIS I am surprised at your response especially when you are so interested in underwear evidence.
Quote:
Quote:

Deductive reasoning should be sufficient for closure. Why should it be left to archeology? That, for me, would be much more painful.

micah202 - 8-29-2014 at 03:29 PM

Quote:

...yes.

BajaBlanca - 9-3-2014 at 09:39 AM

Fellow Nomads,

The BajaTimes has generously approved publication of an article updating where we stand in 'Missing Gary Patton.' This article reviews that though the car was found and recovered, in a very remote location 45 miles from Catavinia, we still have no sign or evidence of Gary, now one year later as of Sept. 5th.

We also have secured a similar update that will be aired on radio programming in Tijuana specifically for the "missing," not sure the station or time or frequency, only that a kind woman from Rosarito, Peggy May who owns a travel agency there, offered to help get a plea for help on Gary broadcast on such program, and soon as I know more, I will update all here.

It is a hard time to know all this time has lapsed with no hint or suggestion as to where Gary is, and while we constantly fear where he may be, until I have absolute proof, I will not give up, can not. Gary survived Vietnam, there's no way his love of Baja, the whales, and the waves could harm him. Take him, yes, but not harm him, nor the good folks whom he always befriended.

More to come, comrades.... and thank you always for your support.

David K - 9-3-2014 at 09:44 AM

45 miles is the approx. road distance to the coast, his truck was (we think) at least 10 miles closer to Cataviña, in the desert.

EnsenadaDr - 9-3-2014 at 10:28 AM

So David, you say you could not locate a ranch there on Google maps? Is there any way to get some type of handle on the actual ranch area where the 4 Runner was found?

greengoes - 9-3-2014 at 10:35 AM

Buen dia doctora. Did you see the trip report Taco de Baja posted? He was close to that area, maybe he discovered some missing pieces.

I was browsing facebook the other day and wonder of wonders, the page for Sunset Medical Services was being touted on my timeline. Did you do that? Anyway, how is the location just south of TJ working out? Any pictures of the facilities coming to here soon?

Buenas suerte on your new venture.

DENNIS - 9-3-2014 at 10:36 AM

No way what so ever. Let it go.

mtgoat666 - 9-3-2014 at 10:57 AM

Quote:
So David, you say you could not locate a ranch there on Google maps? Is there any way to get some type of handle on the actual ranch area where the 4 Runner was found?

so a year has passed and the location info has not been publicized? since no one is going to conduct an organized search, might as well publish the coordinates so a passing traveler with interest can aid by putting free eyeballs on the scene.

the simplest answer is usually the answer. i suspect the body is situated within a few hundred yards of the location the vehicle was found or somewhere along the path a person would walk out to get help for stuck car. note that people that walk don't always follow the road and take short cuts overland,... look for the body there.

EnsenadaDr - 9-3-2014 at 11:46 AM

Good Morning Greengoes!! So glad we are talking again! i have no idea what you are talking about but maybe we could meet at La Avioneta at the Fish Taco place you were telling me about and you could show me in person.
Quote:
Originally posted by greengoes
Buen dia doctora. Did you see the trip report Taco de Baja posted? He was close to that area, maybe he discovered some missing pieces.

I was browsing facebook the other day and wonder of wonders, the page for Sunset Medical Services was being touted on my timeline. Did you do that? Anyway, how is the location just south of TJ working out? Any pictures of the facilities coming to here soon?

Buenas suerte on your new venture.

[Edited on 9-3-2014 by EnsenadaDr]

David K - 9-3-2014 at 12:54 PM

Quote:

Did you see the last satellite map I posted here with TW-1 and TW-2 ranch sites on it?

greengoes - 9-3-2014 at 01:21 PM

Quote:
Good Morning Greengoes!! So glad we are talking again! i have no idea what you are talking about but maybe we could meet at La Avioneta at the Fish Taco place you were telling me about and you could show me in person.
[Edited on 9-3-2014 by EnsenadaDr]

I didn't know we had stopped talking. This is the facebook page I was talking about -

https://www.facebook.com/healthbajanorte

It had your name attached to it and seemed to be advertising house calls.

Sol is still a tad miffed at you though.

EnsenadaDr - 9-3-2014 at 01:34 PM

what does TW stand for? I didn't realize those were ranches and which one represents the ranch where the vehicle was found?

David K - 9-3-2014 at 05:18 PM

Quote:
what does TW stand for? I didn't realize those were ranches and which one represents the ranch where the vehicle was found?

? Umm, just read the posts above from TW (a Nomad friend with the initials T.W.) who spotted two sites that are ranchos, he said.

I see a ranch for sure on TW-2 (as I labled it on my map) but TW-1 looks only like a clearing. However, that may not be the case as the images are not new. Bing has newer images, but I have not seen that spot yet on Bing.

EnsenadaDr - 9-3-2014 at 05:53 PM

They should have probably been labeled ranch TW-1 and ranch TW-2. Maybe the map with the "T's" on them should be taken to the Catavina police by someone in the area for further verification. Seems like several Nomads pass by there. Maybe the police officer at Catavina could put an "X" marks the spot. It would be nice for the Rancher to comment on the map and delineate the exact ranches and where the car was found, but for some reason no one wants to reveal anything about him so someone, could get a clearer picture. If all there is is a TW map, seems to me not much to go on.

David K - 9-3-2014 at 10:29 PM

TW gave two GPS waypoints in HIS reply saying they MAY be the ranches closest to where the 4Runner was found. I called his two waypoints TW-1 & TW-2, then added them to the GE map. I don't see a ranch on GE at #1, but that doesn't mean there isn't one there built after the image was taken. Neither one may be the ranch where the truck was towed... maybe there is another we haven't seen or has been built since the image was taken.

Dr., please look at GE (Google Earth) and BING yourself and answer your own curiosity. The truck isn't at the ranch anymore. I think it is more important to confirm where the 4Runner was found... I marked a spot based on what Dan posted, and it was told to him, so who knows for sure?

[Edited on 9-4-2014 by David K]

bent-rim - 9-4-2014 at 06:10 PM

A forum site I belong to, non Baja related, has an ignore choice for posters you want to ignore.

micah202 - 9-4-2014 at 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bent-rim
A forum site I belong to, non Baja related, has an ignore choice for posters you want to ignore.

.......what fun would -that- be!?:O:?::(;)

Skipjack Joe - 9-4-2014 at 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by micah202
Quote:
Originally posted by bent-rim

.......what fun would -that- be!?:O:?::(;)

Yep. It probably wouldn't be used much.

The attraction of these posters is similar to that of a road kill. Although it's an offensive sight you can't take your eyes off it. They are riveted to the horror of the scene.

EnsenadaDr - 9-4-2014 at 11:19 PM

Wolfman Jack is back!!!

micah202 - 9-5-2014 at 05:48 AM

...I received a very gracious note from kimberley R last night,,,an unexpected thanks for a very modest contribution.
...I had made the donation with an open mind to the situation,,,but get a clear impression of an open-hearted sort somewhere there,,,tho overwhelmed with all that life brings.

....it occurs to me there might be some benefit to set up a private forum for those who actually want to assist in an 'unconditional' manner,,so that support,,planning,and discussion might happen in a more focused way...let me know if that would be something I could do;)

[Edited on 9-5-2014 by micah202]

DENNIS - 9-5-2014 at 06:36 AM

Quote:
.......it occurs to me there might be some benefit to set up a private forum for those who actually want to assist in an 'unconditional' manner,,so that support,,planning,and discussion might happen in a more focused way...let me know if that would be something I could do;)

I believe that's an excellent idea. BajaNomad has seemingly outlived it's usefulness in this matter and perhaps it's time to send it on to a different level in another venue. Perhaps a Facebook page would suit the need.

micah202 - 9-5-2014 at 06:54 AM

Quote:
Quote:
.......it occurs to me there might be some benefit to set up a private forum for those who actually want to assist in an 'unconditional' manner,,so that support,,planning,and discussion might happen in a more focused way...let me know if that would be something I could do;)

I believe that's an excellent idea. BajaNomad has seemingly outlived it's usefulness in this matter and perhaps it's time to send it on to a different level in another venue. Perhaps a Facebook page would suit the need.

....umm,,me's of the opinion that 'friends don't let friends do facebook'...but there's many options for private message boards;D

volcano - 9-5-2014 at 07:00 AM

I received a private thank you from Kimberly today too for my paypal fund contribution.

EnsenadaDr - 9-5-2014 at 07:09 AM

It seems to me that if the family wanted the thank yous to be public they would have posted it here on the board. Isn't there a private contribution page called Plum? Whatever happened to anonymous giving?

EnsenadaDr - 9-5-2014 at 07:15 AM

Dennis there is already a page on the Plum fund that the family set up. What do you mean BajaNomad has outlived its usefulness in this matter? They have allowed Baja Blanca to post every statement from the family requesting aid and have allowed the family to post the link for the page for donations. Do you think Doug should run a public auction now? I don't get what you are stating. If people want to give that is fine. Now it's come to people tooting their own horn on a public forum that they have contributed. This is a new low in cyber donations.
Quote:
Quote:

micah202 - 9-5-2014 at 07:15 AM

Quote:
It seems to me that if the family wanted the thank yous to be public they would have posted it here on the board. Isn't there a private contribution page called Plum? Whatever happened to anonymous giving?

...Y.E.S.

EnsenadaDr - 9-5-2014 at 07:20 AM

Here is the link to the page to give to Gary's family to aid in the search. They also list the names of the contributors and I don't see any recent contributions. Perhaps those that want to contribute can utilize the venue the family has set up.

http://www.plumfund.com/pf/zp5op

Yesterday marked the year anniversary of Gary's disappearance. Hopefully there will be more answers to the disappearance and the search and rescue for Gary will end soon by the family finding him.

DENNIS - 9-5-2014 at 08:00 AM

Quote:
Dennis there is already a page on the Plum fund that the family set up. What do you mean BajaNomad has outlived its usefulness in this matter?

This issue here ceased being about Gary six months ago and morphed into a grotesque display of ego wrestling.
I think it's time to put it to rest.

EnsenadaDr - 9-5-2014 at 08:02 AM

Yes I agree. But what is even more grotesque is a PDOD. (Public display of donations). If it's from the heart, do it. If you want everyone to know how much money you gave, it seems you want gratification more from an audience than from self-satisfaction.

micah202 - 9-5-2014 at 08:07 AM

Quote:
Yes I agree. But what is even more grotesque is a PDOD. (Public display of donations). If it's from the heart, do it. If you want everyone to know how much money you gave, it seems you want gratification more from an audience than from self-satisfaction.

.E.X.A.C.T.L.Y.
..you totally nailed it 'doctor' :yes:

...-god BLESS,,,and have a wonderful afternoon:spingrin::tumble:

[Edited on 9-5-2014 by micah202]

EnsenadaDr - 9-5-2014 at 08:25 AM

I didn't slam the family. I asked for a more specific outline of how the investigation and search would be conducted. With no clear outlines as to where the vehicle was found except a rudimentary map, all evidence that was found in the car discarded, and no one willing to collaborate with the Rancher or let others collaborate with the rancher as to the details, the search seems destined to be on hold.

I do care what happened to Gary. People that acknowledge a thank you? That is fine. But to publicize a thank you that clearly was sent in a private manner is quite another thing.

danaeb - 9-5-2014 at 08:32 AM

Quote:
it seems you want gratification more from an audience than from self-satisfaction.

:lol::lol::lol:

micah202 - 9-5-2014 at 08:34 AM

Quote:
I didn't slam the family. I asked for a more specific outline of how the investigation and search would be conducted. With no clear outlines as to where the vehicle was found except a rudimentary map, all evidence that was found in the car discarded, and no one willing to collaborate with the Rancher or let others collaborate with the rancher as to the details, the search seems destined to be on hold.

I do care what happened to Gary. People that acknowledge a thank you? That is fine. But to publicize a thank you that clearly was sent in a private manner is quite another thing.

E.X.A.C.T.L.Y.
..you totally nailed it 'doctor',,,you've made my point abundantly clear now

...-god BLESS,,,and have a wonderful afternoon :yes::yes::yes:

EnsenadaDr - 9-5-2014 at 08:37 AM

Whatever. I am too busy as DENNIS says to have a battle of the egos today. Have a wonderful day all and a great weekend. I am getting to batten down the hatches for the big inudation that the Weather channel says we are getting on Monday.

DENNIS - 9-5-2014 at 09:43 AM

I rest my case.
 Pages:  1  ..  20    22    24