BajaNomad

Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015

Pages:  1  ..  21    23  

tripledigitken - 9-5-2014 at 10:04 AM

You've got a great advertising program going doctor.

greengoes - 9-5-2014 at 10:26 AM

I really, really tried to not post in this thread but it has gone from the ridiculous to the absurd.

Sol warned me but I didn't listen.

DENNIS - 9-5-2014 at 10:33 AM

Everything, most assuredly this thread, should come to an end. Why TF does it persist?

EnsenadaDr - 9-5-2014 at 10:50 AM

DENNIS, because Micah and Baja Buddha and some other tag alongs want to continue to insinuate I am a charlatan and a fraud and I will take legal action if it continues. My license is posted on the Mexican website. My attorney has been notified. If they would stop referring to me in quotation marks and just make their statements without being sarcastic, no one would answer them. Micah also states I slammed the family. I did not. So if some Nomads would stop their nasty remarks, there would be no need to continue on this train of thought on this thread. Getting to the topic at hand, there have been no recent donations from anyone on the Plumfund for Gary. So does this mean there are more than one site of donations other than Plumfund?

http://www.plumfund.com/pf/zp5op

DENNIS - 9-5-2014 at 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
DENNIS, because Micah and Baja Buddha and some other tag alongs want to continue to insinuate I am a charlatan and a fraud and I will take legal action if it continues.

You won't convince them....probably because they don't want to be convinced.
Just let it go. You have better things to do.

micah202 - 9-5-2014 at 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by micah202
.......it occurs to me there might be some benefit to set up a private forum for those who actually want to assist in an 'unconditional' manner,,so that support,,planning,and discussion might happen in a more focused way...let me know if that would be something I could do;)

I believe that's an excellent idea. BajaNomad has seemingly outlived it's usefulness in this matter and perhaps it's time to send it on to a different level in another venue. Perhaps a Facebook page would suit the need.

......Y.E.S.....it might be the best thing to do....I'll check-in with K.R. for her thoughts. :wow::wow::rolleyes:

[Edited on 9-5-2014 by micah202]

bajabuddha - 9-5-2014 at 11:26 AM

Quote:
DENNIS, because Micah and Baja Buddha and some other tag alongs want to continue to insinuate I am a charlatan and a fraud and I will take legal action if it continues. My license is posted on the Mexican website. My attorney has been notified. If they would stop referring to me in quotation marks and just make their statements without being sarcastic, no one would answer them. Micah also states I slammed the family. I did not. So if some Nomads would stop their nasty remarks, there would be no need to continue on this train of thought on this thread. Getting to the topic at hand, there have been no recent donations from anyone on the Plumfund for Gary. So does this mean there are more than one site of donations other than Plumfund?

http://www.plumfund.com/pf/zp5op

Jayzus freakin' Jehosephatz!!! How did I end up in THIS thread now, Dr.? Doctor? Yes, oh you're a true doctor alrighty; I just wouldn't let you perform AN AUTOPSY on me is all, DOCTOR. You are a licensed physician. There. You're also a FULL-GOOSE LOONEY, TOO. Oh, and Chief Detective 1st class, if you'd like. Glad to not know ya.

Sheesh. I WAS deliberately staying out of this debacle; you were making a perfect fool out of yourself without any other influences. Your sense of paranoia is only far exceeded by your good looks.

Have a nice day, and god bless.

willardguy - 9-5-2014 at 11:41 AM

like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.....

micah202 - 9-5-2014 at 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.....

....'nothing but dust in the wind' :coolup:

BajaRat - 9-5-2014 at 11:53 AM

Quote:
Yes I agree. But what is even more grotesque is a PDOD. (Public display of donations). If it's from the heart, do it. If you want everyone to know how much money you gave, it seems you want gratification more from an audience than from self-satisfaction.

Save it Santa :yawn:

CortezBlue - 9-5-2014 at 01:29 PM

Mi's think a raw nerve was struck

I'm not a a Dr., but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night

BajaGringo - 9-5-2014 at 03:43 PM

chuckie - 9-5-2014 at 04:23 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

woody with a view - 9-6-2014 at 10:02 AM

this oughtta make the search a little more difficult!

norbert-wunder-sat944a.jpg - 49kB

micah202 - 9-6-2014 at 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
this oughtta make the search a little more difficult!

....somebody released a bunch'a hallucinogens!!?? :wow::wow::wow::wow:

BajaBlanca - 11-12-2014 at 11:07 PM

update by KIM:

To all our fellow Nomads:

My prayers were answered by being contacted by a local Investigator, an American who resides in Rosarito, who was referred to me by a contact at the Baja Times. Some of you may recall that Gary's sister and husband paid for Announcements to be run in their online publications for about 8 months since this all started. They recently ran a news report twice updating that we had found Gary's car, yet no news at all on Gary. The publication folks there have wide reaching connections and feeling our plight for more than a year now referred this investigator to me, whom I am now preparing to hire, along with his team of searchers.

He claims to have found many missing persons, and makes it his mission in life. He said he lost his brother when he was found murdered, and since then, takes on these types of cases to help others. He will hire locals that he uses routinely to case the area, talk to residents, farmers, fisherman, surfers, etc. and do the footwork that so many of you helped us do early on in this effort. Now they will have a specific place to start with the Rancher as guide.

So I can confidently say I have specific reason for raising money, and the first $516 dollars in the Plumfund is what is being used to get this effort going. I consider this more than a fair amount for their gas expenses alone. I will have more details as we get to the start date, hopefully in a few days.

I have deep and real hope this time as I am still convinced Gary is down there. Bless this man for coming forward, he described his efforts as only requiring financial support for expenses. I know he has a PI license and credentials as a policeman and other FBI affiliations, and connections that can get into those remote areas to find Gary. Best of all, he supports my belief that Gary is a lost missing person and can be found. Many of you have been so supportive, and I say once again how much that has meant to me, and helped me in keeping the faith we can find him.

Stay tuned, and if you wish, and want to, pass along the Plumfund.com, "Missing Gary Patton" for willing contributors to this specific effort. And many thanks again to those of you who already contributed, you know today how your generosity may be rewarded, God-willing ---Best Regards, Nomads, ---K

willardguy - 11-12-2014 at 11:17 PM

lets hope it works out!:yes:

BajaBlanca - 11-13-2014 at 01:09 PM

I too wish the family the very best of luck in their search for where Gary is.

BajaLuna - 11-13-2014 at 02:26 PM

This is great news, Patton family!

I would like to stay informed and look forward to your updates!

Bob53 - 11-13-2014 at 04:20 PM

Best of luck to you in finding Gary.

805gregg - 11-18-2014 at 10:23 PM

If he is dead what does it matter? Dust to dust, or bad decision in Baja to dust

bajabuddha - 11-18-2014 at 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 805gregg
If he is dead what does it matter? Dust to dust, or bad decision in Baja to dust

may karma find your perineum

[Edited on 11-19-2014 by bajabuddha]

JoeJustJoe - 11-19-2014 at 10:45 AM

This thread has turned very bizarre.

Besides the usual off topic stuff, of trolling, and attacking EnsenadaDr.

What has my bells and whistles going off, is the hiring of a private investigator at this late date, who has a PI license, credentials of a policeman, with FBI affiliations, and other connections. And this PI believes Gary is just a lost person and can be found!

This PI sounds like a real Godsend, especially since he is only asking for expenses.

Of course I admit at times I could be paranoid, distrustful, and my faith is weak.

But I have to ask, doesn't anybody feel this PI needs to be checked out?

willardguy - 11-19-2014 at 10:49 AM

if the Patton's are happy with him, isn't that enough? It is for me!

David K - 11-19-2014 at 10:49 AM

This is not the first PI on the case.

DENNIS - 11-19-2014 at 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JoeJustJoe

Gee whiz, Joe...you are a regular canary in a coal mine.
:lol:

micah202 - 11-19-2014 at 04:03 PM

DENNIS - 11-19-2014 at 05:10 PM

Quote:

Not worth watching. :no:

EnsenadaDr - 11-19-2014 at 05:17 PM

Joe, the only thing that will work in that terrain are cowboys, horses are the only thing that can comb that area. Another city slicker PI (no I am not insinuating Lizard Lips is a city slicker) is not what this case needs, I think the police chief at Catavina can lead the vaqueros in the right direction. The police chief also knows who the rancher is and can point them to him, since it is a big secret apparently. That is how they found a missing Italian tourist a few years back, vaqueros. People that know the area like the back of their hands and not someone who lives in Rosarito. Rosarito is to New York City as Catavina is to San Diego. The weather is good right now for searching, let's not let another year go by so it hot enough to fry an egg on the highway.
Quote:

What has my bells and whistles going off, is the hiring of a private investigator at this late date, who has a PI license, credentials of a policeman, with FBI affiliations, and other connections. And this PI believes Gary is just a lost person and can be found!

This PI sounds like a real Godsend, especially since he is only asking for expenses.

Of course I admit at times I could be paranoid, distrustful, and my faith is weak.

[Edited on 11-20-2014 by EnsenadaDr]

greengoes - 11-19-2014 at 05:28 PM

Quote:
Joe, the only thing that will work in that terrain are cowboys, horses are the only thing that can comb that area. Another city slicker PI (no I am not insinuating Lizard Lips is a city slicker) is not what this case needs, I think the police chief at Catavina can lead the vaqueros in the right direction. The police chief also knows who the rancher is and can point them to him, since it is a big secret apparently. That is how they found a missing Italian tourist a few years back, vaqueros. People that know the area like the back of their hands and not someone who lives in Rosarito. Rosarito is to New York City as Catavina is to San Diego. The weather is good right now for searching, let's not let another year go by so it hot enough to fry an egg on the highway.
Quote:

Don't forget to ask him to check into the underwear thing doc.

EnsenadaDr - 11-19-2014 at 05:33 PM

I knew that would come up Greengoes. I wasn't the one who originally said it, and frankly Greengoes that has been said before. So get a little more original.

micah202 - 11-20-2014 at 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

Not worth watching. :no:

....ahh,,,,it seems I was a bit slow on the count this time.

...predictability has exceeded my expectations :rolleyes:

[Edited on 11-20-2014 by micah202]

BajaBlanca - 12-20-2014 at 09:20 PM

Wishing you all merry, merry holidays ... have not heard anything at all about our missing Gary Patton, nothing from our PI. I do want to clarify based on the discussion here that our PI is not the actual person doing the work down there, he has a team of folks of which most are from Baja, and it is a team of good-hearted people who just make it their business to try to find and rescue people. According to him, none of us gringos have any idea how many folks go missing down there, even here in the States, how we at large are truly ignorant of the prevalence of this hardship that goes on every day.

May I ask you all to try not to bash each other over prior comments or sideways conversations that soon will comments from "last year," and we can move on to more helpful outlooks in 2015. Clearly, most of you as well as Gary's family have given up, and that is the far easier thing to do, and for some, a must-do for children' sake. Pack it in and move on with life. Well, I will not do that, it is not my personality to walk away when there is no proof of anything in terms of foul play. This is one of the reasonings the detective gave me, no evidence or suggestion of foul play, simply an abandoned vehicle completely found in tact is not a suggestion of the worst. He stated many weird and unfathomable things cause Americanos to get lost and yes, years can go by until they are found. And even Mexicanos experience these issues down there, it is the terrain and the life.

I would rather use my energy worrying about how it will be when Gary is found, how we will live our lives again. While you all are spending time with your loved ones or doing what you love, just think of the many things about your life you can and should be grateful for, and say a little prayer for me, that we will resolve "missing Gary Patton." Best to all...

DianaT - 12-20-2014 at 09:46 PM

I just so hope for some closure for the family, what ever that closure may be. Not knowing is just so painful and unacceptable.

[Edited on 12-21-2014 by DianaT]

EnsenadaDr - 12-22-2014 at 11:57 AM

It seems to me that keeping information in a shroud of secrecy is hurting the investigation more than helping it.

CaboMagic - 12-22-2014 at 07:15 PM

Baja Blanca your writing is so touching ... thank you for that ..

Dear Patton Family, Friends and Loved Ones .. from our hearts and home to you and yours, our best wishes for comfort in the love you share .. and strength to believe what brings you same, and pleasant times shared in current time and memories of times past ..

Peace, love and definitely fish tacos to all, Tommy & Lori

lizard lips - 12-24-2014 at 08:49 AM

I want to wish the Patton family a Merry Christmas and everyone else who has helped and shown an interest in locating Gary. This has been the second Christmas without knowing what happened and I'm sure it has to be hard. It sure would be for me....

There has never been a "hidden agenda" or any "shroud of secrecy" with any of the information that has been posted.

Lets hope this comes to an end soon and the new investigators find out exactly what happened.

EnsenadaDr - 12-24-2014 at 09:33 AM

Well then Lizard Lips who is the Rancher so if anyone else wants to locate and question him it might be helpful to know who he is. You said over your dead body you wouldn't release that information. Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours BTW!!

greengoes - 12-24-2014 at 10:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by EnsenadaDr  
Well then Lizard Lips who is the Rancher so if anyone else wants to locate and question him it might be helpful to know who he is. You said over your dead body you wouldn't release that information. Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours BTW!!

Merry Christmas doc.

TMW - 12-24-2014 at 10:40 AM

Dr if you are so intent on finding out the rancher here is a Google Earth view of the area where the car was found. The GE date on the ranch area is 1-25-14 so it's pretty recent. On GE you can see a garden area and bldgs so someone lives there. All you have to do is get in your car and drive down to the Catavina area and at KM169 turn toward the pacific ocean and follow the best road (hard to miss) and if you have a GPS you can't miss the ranch. Stop by and talk to who ever is there. I'm sure you will have all the answers you seek concerning the rancher. If it's not him at the ranch then I'm sure whoever is there can tell you who owns the land marked 10K area where the car was found.

[Edited on 12-24-2014 by TMW]

EnsenadaDr - 12-24-2014 at 11:04 AM

you know how easy it is to get lost in that area? Many that have been experienced in traveling around Catavina have said the same thing. No I would prefer to have the rancher or someone who knows the area be my guide thank you. I don't want to become another statistic, though some wish I would follow your advice!! From what Lizard Lips last communicated with me, the rancher lives in Ensenada much of the time and I could have easily visited him. But I had a red light thrown at me when I asked who and where the rancher was, and "DON'T CONTACT ME AGAIN!!!"

TMW - 12-24-2014 at 11:12 AM

Oh well, I'm just trying to be helpful. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Enrique2012 - 12-24-2014 at 11:19 AM

That appears to be a "Put up, or shut up" challenge and now we have our answer.

EnsenadaDr - 12-24-2014 at 11:23 AM

Yes and I genuinely appreciate that!! Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours!!
Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
Oh well, I'm just trying to be helpful. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

EnsenadaDr - 12-24-2014 at 11:36 AM

well you know Enrique some people don't like others trampling on their comfort zones. For instance, I encourage anyone to think outside the box and don't mind someone giving their opinion about medicine. but I have been told to stay off the investigative territory because I should stick to medicine and I guess that's all they feel I am supposed to do.

dtbushpilot - 12-24-2014 at 11:50 AM

you know how easy it is to get lost in that area? Many that have been experienced in traveling around Catavina have said the same thing. No I would prefer to have the rancher or someone who knows the area be my guide thank you. I don't want to become another statistic, though some wish I would follow your advice!! From what Lizard Lips last communicated with me, the rancher lives in Ensenada much of the time and I could have easily visited him. But I had a red light thrown at me when I asked who and where the rancher was, and "DON'T CONTACT ME AGAIN!!!"

You have everything you need to conduct your search Doc. The GPS cords and a map will put you at the nearby ranch, hire someone from the ranch to be your guide. It really is as simple as that, go for it, take lots of pictures and post a trip report.

Good luck and Merry Christmas!

EnsenadaDr - 12-24-2014 at 11:53 AM

Ron Hoff came on this board and said he got lost with a GPS in his car and he knows the area weill. I am not going off the main highway without a guide. From what I am hearing you need a truck and gary had a 4 x4 and got stuck. there would be no way I would go without someone experienced by my side.

JoeJustJoe - 12-24-2014 at 12:30 PM

EnsendaDr don't let these Nomads bully you.

Keep asking the questions, and the number one thing to always do, is follow the money trail and always ask who is involved.

Gary should have been declared dead over a year ago, a death certificate issued, the search party called off, and probably this thread should have been closed.

At this point even a recovery operation, is very unlikely to yield anything.

Baja Blanca in a few posts up, and a few others, claims there is a PI working for the case, and he is optimistic as she is, that Garry is alive, somewhere. And this Godsend PI is working on the cheap, and only wants expensive cover, for him and his team of dedicated searches who are probably on Gary's trail as we speak. Although nobody has heard from the PI.

And of course we don't know who this PI is.

LL says, there is no hidden agenda, or any shroud of secrecy, with any of the information posted.

Now you could just call me skeptical and call my out for my lack of faith.

[Edited on 12-24-2014 by JoeJustJoe]

EnsenadaDr - 12-24-2014 at 12:39 PM

It's all about power trips Joe. That's the bottom line..

David K - 12-24-2014 at 12:59 PM

Ron Hoff came on this board and said he got lost with a GPS in his car and he knows the area weill. I am not going off the main highway without a guide. From what I am hearing you need a truck and gary had a 4 x4 and got stuck. there would be no way I would go without someone experienced by my side.

Gary's Toyota was 2WD.
There are roads and as long as you stay on roads you will be fine. If I could go I would as this is a mystery.

EnsenadaDr - 12-24-2014 at 01:05 PM

well David as many times as you said I was a city slicker, I wouldn't step foot alone in that territory or with an unexperienced guide. And I don't have a truck. so I'm not going till I contact the rancher bottom line. Or the new Pink Panther of Rosarito Beach, whatever his name is.

[Edited on 12-24-2014 by EnsenadaDr]

Mexitron - 12-24-2014 at 01:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Gary's Toyota was 2WD.
There are roads and as long as you stay on roads you will be fine. If I could go I would as this is a mystery.

Me too, been trying to get to the area but can't seem to find the time. Very easy to get to though.

24baja - 12-24-2014 at 01:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Wishing you all merry, merry holidays ... have not heard anything at all about our missing Gary Patton, nothing from our PI. I do want to clarify based on the discussion here that our PI is not the actual person doing the work down there, he has a team of folks of which most are from Baja, and it is a team of good-hearted people who just make it their business to try to find and rescue people. According to him, none of us gringos have any idea how many folks go missing down there, even here in the States, how we at large are truly ignorant of the prevalence of this hardship that goes on every day.

May I ask you all to try not to bash each other over prior comments or sideways conversations that soon will comments from "last year," and we can move on to more helpful outlooks in 2015. Clearly, most of you as well as Gary's family have given up, and that is the far easier thing to do, and for some, a must-do for children' sake. Pack it in and move on with life. Well, I will not do that, it is not my personality to walk away when there is no proof of anything in terms of foul play. This is one of the reasonings the detective gave me, no evidence or suggestion of foul play, simply an abandoned vehicle completely found in tact is not a suggestion of the worst. He stated many weird and unfathomable things cause Americanos to get lost and yes, years can go by until they are found. And even Mexicanos experience these issues down there, it is the terrain and the life.

I would rather use my energy worrying about how it will be when Gary is found, how we will live our lives again. While you all are spending time with your loved ones or doing what you love, just think of the many things about your life you can and should be grateful for, and say a little prayer for me, that we will resolve "missing Gary Patton." Best to all...

Do you guys not read well? I think you we asked to STOP BASHING EACH OTHER! Lets be respectful here. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

David K - 12-24-2014 at 03:08 PM

well David as many times as you said I was a city slicker, I wouldn't step foot alone in that territory or with an unexperienced guide. And I don't have a truck. so I'm not going till I contact the rancher bottom line. Or the new Pink Panther of Rosarito Beach, whatever his name is.

[Edited on 12-24-2014 by EnsenadaDr]

Is there another David K and I am getting the blame? LOL
Please post where I ever called you that ('many times' or even once)???

bajaguy - 12-24-2014 at 03:40 PM

Some people just bring it onto themselves

Quote: Originally posted by 24baja  

Do you guys not read well? I think you we asked to STOP BASHING EACH OTHER! Lets be respectful here. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Bubba - 12-25-2014 at 07:42 AM

It's all about power trips Joe. That's the bottom line..

Give it a rest.

BajaBlanca - 1-5-2015 at 11:19 AM

Received today:

Nomads,
Let me put this one to rest right now, right this minute...
The U.S. Law protects the unprotected who cannot protect themselves... without a body, you cannot enact a death certificate on someone because you "think" or "assume" they are dead, without absolute proof of death.. we do not have that! Thank God! And to get that from Mexico, are you kidding me how long and where do we begin without proof?
Please if you experts think of a way to enact a proof of death without a body, I am all ears because outside of television you cannot presto-peso, make that happen. And, by U.S. law, it is 7 years until filing in a Court of Law that someone has been missing, without bodily evidence. OR are You are lawyers, and been withholding on me all this time, and could've advised me otherwise all this time? Do you all think we have not checked out the law given the gravity and length of this case?
Please folks, there is also NO MONEY trail, go back to earlier pages here, we've been all thru the facts that he went there on cash and there is no money trail, been none, done all that, PLEASE. This posting is about a MISSING PERSON who went MISSING and is gone, OFF the radar and all points say he is no more dead than alive, because THERE IS NO BODY AND NO EVIDENCE OF FOUL PLAY. So you nay-sayers, guess what, you've got no more evidence than ya-sayers, and you have to have evidence to prove either way.
You want to contribute to the efforts here , the efforts are to finding our missing Gary Patton, not re-dredging a bunch of crap about a good man we've lost. You want that kind of story, please, find it elsewhere.

And there are no deep withheld secrets here, Ms. Doctor, it is a MISSING PERSON CASE, you want more names , dates and specifics, spend time going back on this posting. ..how many pages of information do you need (114 work for you)? Our man is still missing, what the heck is being withheld, you want to go searching, call me...PLEASE stop INSInutating there is a depth of kept secrets, there is nothing!!! I WISH THERE WERE!!! I keep investigator names and the Ranchers because they're not relevant to YOU, nor anyone like you who DOES NOT need to know. Are you planning to travel there , no? so why do you need to know? We are trying to get results here, suggestions from folks that want to contribute, maybe be suggest places and/know or see something, or of somebody, if you think you should know more, help more. You think I do not wish I had more to offer you, really? Please, you as a doctor, are you there to help or aggravate?

To all of you that contribute every day, and send well wishes, thank you... you've been a god send, as you know.
I hope to have some kind of update in the next week or so. Thank you all for staying with us another year..

David K - 1-5-2015 at 11:47 AM

BRAVO!

micah202 - 1-5-2015 at 02:05 PM

...wow,to lose a family member in such a way,,and have no resolution ,is much like an open wound.....I hope there's some closure soon!

24baja - 1-5-2015 at 03:26 PM

Well said Bajablanca.....please listen to this request sh**stirrers!

DianaT - 1-5-2015 at 04:19 PM

It is good to hear from you and your message is perfect.

So hope that you will find closure this year so that you may be at peace.

Skipjack Joe - 1-6-2015 at 06:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Mexitron  

Gary's Toyota was 2WD.

Me too, been trying to get to the area but can't seem to find the time. Very easy to get to though.

Me too. Although I think the Patton's are only interested in finding him alive.

BajaLuna - 1-6-2015 at 07:34 AM

well said!

Stay strong Patton Family!

BajaGringo - 1-6-2015 at 10:19 AM

For clarification to the one poster here who seems to love misquoting people - I NEVER said that I got lost in that area with a GPS.

What I posted was:

Quote:
I have spent several days in that area and driven on the large network of small, unmarked roads leading in umpteen different directions. It is quite easy to get lost there - even with a map onboard..."

I was talking about the myriad of side roads that lead off from the main roads out to the coast. There are literally hundreds of them leading out into the brush in all directions. You can drive on them for many miles making several dozen left/right choices and slowly, without warning the road suddenly disappears into the desert landscape. When you try to backtrack it is extremely difficult at times to remember your way back as you face dozens of NEW left/right choices.

Staying on the main/well traveled road it is no problem.

And to the Patton Family, thanks for that message and know we will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers...

[Edited on 1-6-2015 by BajaGringo]

DianaT - 1-6-2015 at 02:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaGringo  
For clarification to the one poster here who seems to love misquoting people - I NEVER said that I got lost in that area with a GPS.
But that makes such a good story. Who cares about truth? :rolleyes:

Truth? Around this forum? There is so much BS thrown around here as if it is true, that one needs to keep a very large shovel handy.

I do hope everyone will respect the family and just leave it alone unless they have a request. Otherwise, IMHO, we just need to wish them success and peace for 2015

JoeJustJoe - 1-6-2015 at 03:11 PM

I'm at a lost, according to BajaBlaca, Gary's family has given up. I wouldn't blame them, because at this point, there is virtually no chance of finding Gary alive.

So who is still pursuing this case as a missing persons case, and do they have the family's OK?

BajaBlanca wrote: Clearly, most of you as well as Gary's family have given up, and that is the far easier thing to do, and for some, a must-do for children' sake.

BajaBlanca - 1-8-2015 at 08:04 AM

DEAR ALL - sorry for the lack of clarity but 100% of what I post is from Kim and not my words -

and here is her continuation:

" I will not give up... so if you want to feel you are a part of a majority, you are. But, I have to take the stand that if it were me, and I was missing, lost , desperate with no means of finding my way anywhere let alone home, I would need to feel my loved ones would keep trying to find me. And again, take into account how many hundreds of thousands of missing there are out there every day, and this is not an oddity just because you may not think it is not true. It happens more than any of us could imagine nor are aware of, both in Mexico and in the U.S.

Unlike the masses, I stand by facts, not probabilities. When I have evidence, I'll acquiesce but not one moment before. I am "missing Gary Patton" and will be til I find him or learn of him, but one way or the other, I am not just giving up or going the easy way, assuming him hopeless and helpless. Gary served as a VA Veteran and gave up his 19-21st years of his life to make us feel safe, and least that can be done, is respect his verve and stamina that he is still standing his ground, strong just encumbered. I say stand down if you can't withstand.

BajaBlanca - 1-8-2015 at 08:05 AM

mburros of course is m - a - s - s - e - s

monoloco - 1-8-2015 at 08:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DianaT  
Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaGringo  
But that makes such a good story. Who cares about truth? :rolleyes:

Truth? Around this forum? There is so much BS thrown around here as if it is true, that one needs to keep a very large shovel handy.

I do hope everyone will respect the family and just leave it alone unless they have a request. Otherwise, IMHO, we just need to wish them success and peace for 2015
Well said, Diana!

JoeJustJoe - 1-8-2015 at 12:43 PM

Those aren't nice words to use against fellow forum members Baja Blanca.

I'm at a lost why so many forum members don't challenge a few things Baja Blanca is saying in her last couple of posts.

I don't know if people are just trying to be nice, and are just scared of being attacked as being insensitive, or that I took a wrong turn four years ago, and I'm in the Twilight zone where everything is reverse, and that up is really down, and right is wrong, and so on.

Forums are stupid places where members shoot the breeze and give opinions. People shouldn't be afraid to give your opinion, even if it's unpopular, and if its' a subject involving death, there should be grieving period, but even that period has to end sometime.

TMW - 1-8-2015 at 03:44 PM

Joe, why do you need to be anything other than let it go. BajaBlanca posted what the family told her. You can have your opinion and you've stated it several times. It doesn't change anything, it is what it is. Let it go, otherwise get in your whatever it is and go down there and start looking for Gary. If you think he is no longer with us then fine that's it. I think every opinion possible has been said over these 115 pages. You are either part of the problem or part of the solution which is it.

BajaBreak - 1-8-2015 at 06:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

FYI, there seems to be a filter on here that changes any foul words, i.e. "m -a ss- es" gets changed to burro. I used the word...spell out these letters 'see - you - el- oh' and it was changed to burro in my post, so you your response was a misunderstanding. Here is a test with some a's and two esses. Passes, masses, crass... ;)

Chill out, best of luck to Gary's family in finding him, closure, r peace of mind.

-Over

Hook - 1-8-2015 at 09:00 PM

I cant believe JJJ is so clueless that he doesn 't realize what's going on with the new software.

On second thought, maybe I can believe it............

Get a life, Joe. You're a cancer on every website you visit.

Now, the good Doctor may disagree, admittedly..............

Kgryfon - 1-8-2015 at 09:07 PM

Joe, you seem to keep missing that Blanca is just passing on the messages from Sue. Don't shoot the messenger. And if you think Sue is delusional, you don't have to read it, let alone keep repeating your opinion. She heard you the first 10 times. She feels differently, and has her reasons for doing so. Let it go.

JoeJustJoe - 1-9-2015 at 12:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Kgryfon  
Joe, you seem to keep missing that Blanca is just passing on the messages from Sue. Don't shoot the messenger. And if you think Sue is delusional, you don't have to read it, let alone keep repeating your opinion. She heard you the first 10 times. She feels differently, and has her reasons for doing so. Let it go.

I did miss who the message was from the first time, but not the second time.

And to answer Hook's question, I'm well aware of the software around here, and how certain derogatory words are changed to be less insulting, but some people find ways to work around those insult, or just issue insults directly like Hook.

There is still a passive aggressiveness attacks going on with whoever doesn't tow the company line, and the company line is what Baja Blanca is re-posting, or they try to silence you with, "think of the family," and have some respect, now shut your mouth. Then, we're forced to hear the company line, over and over again.

I want to remind people after someone dies, after a certain amount of time, the rest of the family sometimes fights like cats and dogs over a number of issues, usually monetary issues, and that respect for the dead goes out the family window while the rest of the family fights and disagrees, especially if there is no will.

Well, I guess officially, Gary is not dead, but the mourning period should be over by now. If this topic is not closed, then I see nothing wrong with an adult discussion surrounding this whole topic of Gary missing.

And to answer TMW. What are you doing to find Gary? If you're not doing nothing, why don't you let it go? But the question surrounding Gary's death, yes I think he is dead, I can't see anybody surviving in that extremely hot hostile environment for very long. However, I'm not insensitive to the fact that a few family members, may cling to hope that Gary is somehow still alive.

Looks at one of the recent commercial airline crashes where Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 went missing, and has yet to be found. There is the recent tragic event in Guerrero, Mexico where 43 students went missing, and have yet to be accounted for. Some members of the families are holding out hope they're still alive, somewhere. This is natural, However, it's doubtful the rest of us believe anyone from that missing commercial airline are still alive, and the same goes for the Mexican students in the southern state.

However, if anybody other than a family member is saying the missing airline passengers, 43 students in Mexico, or Gary is still alive. I'm going to wonder about those people, and if they have an ulterior motives, especially if any money is involved.

So there are at lease two other issues, along with if Gary is alive or not.

If the family accepts Gary is not coming back, and they are after "closure." They would have to weight that against financial concerns, and maybe for financial reasons, it's better that Gary is not found, and they wait seven years to declare him dead. I'm sure, a family attorney would discuss this option with any family in a similar situation.

Thank you for posting family's Information

Whale-ista - 1-9-2015 at 08:37 AM

Blanca- Thank you for the updates from the Patton family.

They are very dedicated to determining what has happened to Gary. You are kind to stay in communication with them and pass along their updates.

DEAR ALL - sorry for the lack of clarity but 100% of what I post is from Kim and not my words -

and here is her continuation:

" I will not give up... so if you want to feel you are a part of a majority, you are. But, I have to take the stand that if it were me, and I was missing, lost , desperate with no means of finding my way anywhere let alone home, I would need to feel my loved ones would keep trying to find me. And again, take into account how many hundreds of thousands of missing there are out there every day, and this is not an oddity just because you may not think it is not true. It happens more than any of us could imagine nor are aware of, both in Mexico and in the U.S.

Unlike the mburros, I stand by facts, not probabilities. When I have evidence, I'll acquiesce but not one moment before. I am "missing Gary Patton" and will be til I find him or learn of him, but one way or the other, I am not just giving up or going the easy way, assuming him hopeless and helpless. Gary served as a VA Veteran and gave up his 19-21st years of his life to make us feel safe, and least that can be done, is respect his verve and stamina that he is still standing his ground, strong just encumbered. I say stand down if you can't withstand.

CaboMagic - 1-9-2015 at 09:56 AM

Publicly declaring our continued support of the Patton family.

Well said Whale-ista ..

Wake Up.jpg - 8kB

Kgryfon - 1-9-2015 at 05:20 PM

Then, we're forced to hear the company line, over and over again.

But...you are not forced to hear "the company line." Just don't read the post anymore. That's all.

Just walk away if it bothers you and you think there is some nefarious plot underfoot that will somehow benefit somebody.

JoeJustJoe - 1-9-2015 at 05:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Kgryfon  
Then, we're forced to hear the company line, over and over again.

But...you are not forced to hear "the company line." Just don't read the post anymore. That's all.

Just walk away if it bothers you and you think there is some nefarious plot underfoot that will somehow benefit somebody.

Why, should I walk away? If something bothers me, I just get if off my chest.

Sorry, I won't be intimidated from speaking my mind, by you or anybody else. However, I'm waiting for others to bring up possible problems here, with a few things from Baja Blanca's post.

I also suspect that Gary's family is not on the same page regarding finding him, from some U2U I received, but won't repeat.

So I do know a few 'BN' members are actually intimidated from speaking their mind in this thread, especially if they are sending me U2U's instead of posting it in this thread themselves.

What Joe KNOWS that we DON'T ?

MrBillM - 1-9-2015 at 06:01 PM

".......So there are at lease two other issues........"

Whose name is on the lease ?

Does Joe know the answer ?

JoeJustJoe - 1-9-2015 at 06:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by soulpatch  
Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
".......So there are at lease two other issues........"

Whose name is on the lease ?

Does Joe know the answer ?

No, but he will analyze the flock out of any thing posted and demand empirical evidence.
And, he will post about things he has heard about and post it as fact, especially when it comes to behavior and logic.

Man, sorry, couldn't help myself..... all gods, please forgive me.

I hope the Patton family finds peace in this some way. It is a hell of a thing.

Hey Soulpatch, did I question when you claimed to run out of your house naked 200 yards, chasing a thief and catching him by your teeth on the fence. I only told you, I was surprised, that you weren't arrested for indecent exposure, regardless the reason why you were out in the neighborhood naked, according to your story.

No I'm not looking for deep "empirical evidence," nor do I consider myself, a conspiracy theorists. I'm just asking people, to use a bit of common sense, especially in regards to the PI, and his team.

Floatflyer - 1-10-2015 at 11:33 AM

This sums up this entire thread=:no:

As Joe Says ................

MrBillM - 1-10-2015 at 12:17 PM

Repeatedly above:

".........I am at a lost.........."

Improperly worded (as usual), but SO true.

wessongroup - 1-10-2015 at 03:10 PM

:lol::lol:

EnsenadaDr - 8-19-2015 at 05:45 PM

We need to forget, yet the circumstances surrounding Gary's disappearance still deserve to be remembered as coming up this September 3rd will mark the two year anniversary that Gary disappeared. The effort and thought that went into trying to brainstorm and solve the disappearance truly still amazes me as so many tried to help from their various roosting spots in Baja. As all seemed lost, the appearance of his truck with his last few meals still in tact after 6 months was truly an amazing twist to the story. It was a fascinating truer than life scenario, yet the sad part was that it was real life and that there was no happy ending. I would like to offer my condolences to the Patton family and wish that one day we will find out what happened to Gary to bring closure to this terrible tragedy.The Nomads certainly did their best to assist and I want to thank them all as well. For those that believe in God, let's offer a moment in prayer for the family and friends that knew and loved him and that they will know a peaceful ending.

I'm at a lost why so many forum members don't challenge a few things Baja Blanca is saying in her last couple of posts.

I don't know if people are just trying to be nice, and are just scared of being attacked as being insensitive, or that I took a wrong turn four years ago, and I'm in the Twilight zone where everything is reverse, and that up is really down, and right is wrong, and so on.

Forums are stupid places where members shoot the breeze and give opinions. People shouldn't be afraid to give your opinion, even if it's unpopular, and if its' a subject involving death, there should be grieving period, but even that period has to end sometime.

David K - 9-16-2015 at 08:39 AM

So, it's been just over two years since Gary vanished and right now (Sept. 16, 2015) a new thread on Nomad is being altered to protect descriptions of where three surfers were stuck and had no Spot or DeLorme device... or satellite phone... to ease the worries of family members or get help (if needed). Is someone's life not more important than secrets?

Actually, the location of the Seven Sisters is only a secret in their minds. Nobody is making anyone tell the exact beach they like, but maps and Google Earth shows all the roads surfers use. Let's hope rescue is not prevented over any fear of revealing a place where one rides a wave!

SFandH - 9-16-2015 at 08:51 AM

a new thread on Nomad is being altered to protect descriptions of where three surfers were

At the request of the three surfers.

They don't want people to know where they were.

Ok with me and probably every other surfer who reads this message board.

[Edited on 9-16-2015 by SFandH]

David K - 9-16-2015 at 09:04 AM

People's lives are more important than where someone went surfing.... but silly me for expressing such a ridiculous thing, right?

At least quote the full sentence I wrote:

"So, it's been just over two years since Gary vanished and right now (Sept. 16, 2015) a new thread on Nomad is being altered to protect descriptions of where three surfers were stuck and had no Spot or DeLorme device... or satellite phone... to ease the worries of family members or get help (if needed). Is someone's life not more important than secrets?"

SFandH - 9-16-2015 at 09:11 AM

At least quote the full sentence I wrote:

"So, it's been just over two years since Gary vanished and right now (Sept. 16, 2015) a new thread on Nomad is being altered to protect descriptions of where three surfers were stuck and had no Spot or DeLorme device... or satellite phone... to ease the worries of family members or get help (if needed). Is someone's life not more important than secrets?"

OK

At the request of the three surfers.

They don't want people to know where they were.

Ok with me and probably every other surfer who reads this message board.

David K - 9-16-2015 at 09:18 AM

Actually, I have surfing Nomad friends who think it is ridiculous the amount of hype by (about 3) surfers here put on secret places in a well-known region. It is the bad roads that keep out most, not any secrets.

Altering or deleting threads to remove anything is fine with me, but to say why, is what had me chuckling.

Thank you for understanding.
Lives come first!

motoged - 9-16-2015 at 09:25 AM

David,
You need to understand that some folks forget that you are always right.

Adventure has its risks....

Enrique2012 - 9-16-2015 at 10:18 AM

David, your logic is sound. Secrecy over well-being (especially when it comes to something as trivial as a surfing spot) is foolish. However, I believe it's a mistake to turn your back on Darwin's theory - the stupid will die off (except here in America where we protect them and place them in high positions of power).

I no longer worry about such people. If you're willing to die to keep your surfing location secret - adios. Millions will follow down the same stupid path, the sun will rise, and I will continue on with my day. If I worried about every fool and their foolish decisions I would probably be out campaigning for Hillary.

David K - 9-16-2015 at 10:54 AM

Thank you Enrique!

There is a large gap in perceptions here. That along with personal needs or just entertainment have all sorts of replies flying about.

I like to think of Nomad as both a campfire conversation where people with different beliefs can freely discuss things and leave as friends, as well as an information source for traveling to Baja or studying its past.

For some reason, a few are here for drama and have to make snide remarks or insults to get a fix? Posting a photo that shows how false the populist notion that sea levels are dangerously higher than ever sure has them worked up, and with no photo from them showing the opposite is true!

pauldavidmena - 9-16-2015 at 11:19 AM

An interesting conundrum for sure. Americans sure do love their privacy, but we're speaking of a public safety issue, not to mention a family's peace of mind. Are those concerns somehow less important than the need to keep a secret?

SFandH - 9-16-2015 at 11:35 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Enrique2012  
David, your logic is sound. Secrecy over well-being (especially when it comes to something as trivial as a surfing spot) is foolish.

Removing the posts that explained where those guys were surfing does not in any way jeopardize the well being of anybody.

motoged - 9-16-2015 at 01:00 PM

This is not a surfer issue as much as a "getting stuck" and folks worrying when we don't call/arrive when expected.

Boy ....it will get interesting when the next motorcyclist shares their favourite tracks in Baja....oh....Casey Smith already did that....Bill Nichols didn't have a conniption fit when she publicized his "private" Baja tracks, but they ride together.

Up here in the frozen wastelands....I discourage folks from sharing GPS tracks of my favourite tracks (that many others found themselves somehow)....but , then again, I might have been a 'surfer" had our family stayed in California when I was four to five (California for two years)...:biggrin:

No secret places....just those that many folks don't know about.....yet.

BajaBlanca - 9-16-2015 at 11:13 PM

Two years is a long time. Where did you end up Sr. Gary?

LVPatton - 12-9-2018 at 02:16 PM

Gary’s remains coming stateside today.

elgatoloco - 12-9-2018 at 02:20 PM

RIP

Mexitron - 12-9-2018 at 02:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by LVPatton  
Gary’s remains coming stateside today.

I must have missed something, he was found after all?

Pages:  1  ..  21    23