BajaNomad

Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015

Pages:  1    3    5  ..  24

DENNIS - 9-22-2013 at 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Is there a possible reason he might not want to be found.

Could be, Diane, and thanks. Remember Peter Jefferies? Daughter, Cynthia...also in Vegas if I remember correctly, put out a call here for assistance, and with flyers all over Rosarito, he surfaced and made it clear he was OK, just having fun and wanted to be left alone.

Anyway...good luck to the family on this one.

tripledigitken - 9-22-2013 at 11:48 AM

Is it possible to find out if he crossed the border into the US instead of heading south from SQ?

absinvestor - 9-22-2013 at 12:12 PM

On the subject of the reward mentioned by Dennis- I agree that it is a family decision but I would point to a couple of things. First it has been indicated that the family has the financial ability to pay for an air search so money might not be a problem. The way that Dennis referred to the reward ie verifiable info would help eliminate the bad actors. Rewards do sometimes work in Mexico. For example, I had a neighbor in Baja that had lost a dog. (I realize that there is no comparison betweeen a pet vs a human and this comment is only meant to show how a reward might work.) The dog had been missing for over a month. The neighbor had posted hundreds of flyers and had dozens of friends helping in the search. Wanting to try everything possible he amended the flyer to include a reward. Less than 1 day after a reward was offered a person came to his home and said he knew the location of the dog and wanted to know if the reward was still in effect. My neighbor gave him the reward and asked to be taken to the dog. Unfortunately the dog was deceased. The point here is not to suggest a bad outcome as we all hope for a perfect ending or to suggest that a missing dog is equivalent to a missing person. The point is that someone with knowledge who doesn't want to get involved (or who feels his information might not be usefull) might come forward if offered a reward.

BajaBlanca - 9-22-2013 at 01:20 PM

Ok family is here in La Bocana! We have indeed talked about Gary......and he may be on meds that have him slightly confused and perhaps he lost track of time....brother and sister are hunting up and down the coast...they saw flyers, they talked to everyone in each town, now it's up to all of us with eyes and ears to look out for the hopefully just having fun in Baja Gary. Please keep up the positive thoughts.

Bubba - 9-22-2013 at 01:31 PM

Hope this has a good ending.

DianaT - 9-22-2013 at 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
Ok family is here in La Bocana! We have indeed talked about Gary......and he may be on meds that have him slightly confused and perhaps he lost track of time....

Now that is the type of information that can be very helpful to everyone who is looking and it should be on the flyers!

[Edited on 9-22-2013 by DianaT]

Mula - 9-22-2013 at 02:01 PM

This man has been gone how long? And this is just now coming out?

Not pertinent info from the beginning????

".....and he may be on meds that have him slightly confused and perhaps he lost track of time...."

Something has been just not quite right about this . . . all this time.

DENNIS - 9-22-2013 at 02:25 PM

Quote:
......and he may be on meds that have him slightly confused and perhaps he lost track of time....

May be????? WTF is that supposed to mean?
What's his malady? What meds? Does he self-medicate? Is he a heavy drinker?
I wouldn't be looking for a drinker in a church or gas stations. Perhaps these flyers should be hung in bars, if this is the case.

Why so quiet about the pertinent details? Those who know are far beyond protecting a reputation....or his image.
It's time to lay all the cards on the table.

chuckie - 9-22-2013 at 02:27 PM

Queen hi straight Dennis.....

BajaLuna - 9-22-2013 at 02:27 PM

so glad to hear the family made it to La Bocana! Thanks so much for the update, Blanca!

Yes, indeed I am joining in from here on the collective positive thoughts for Gary and his family! There is power in numbers!

BajaBlanca - 9-22-2013 at 02:34 PM

Ok amigos, his family is not into computers...not a one brought a laptop, not a one brought an iphone....and I assume Gary is exactly the same. These folks are simple and sweet and we are just getting our feet wet, so to speak.

Be kind, be gentle and mostly, keep eyes open.

We heard a gringo had an accident in Mulege....anyone know about anything this? The number I have for Santa Rosalia hospital is not answering. Shoutout to anyone who might have a different number than I do: 615 152-0640.

Some campers said they saw an abandoned car in El Cardon that might be his?? I have no idea where El Cardon is, awaiting phonecall from the campers.

Edited to correct name to el cardon.

[Edited on 9-22-2013 by BajaBlanca]

DENNIS - 9-22-2013 at 02:40 PM

Quote:

Be kind, be gentle

Yes, Dear. :yes:

Mula - 9-22-2013 at 02:41 PM

El Cardonal is around Los Barriles.

It has been controversial - the campground/motel there.

BajaBlanca - 9-22-2013 at 02:43 PM

Sorry sorry, not Cardonal but EL CARDON, somewhere near San Ignacio?

BajaBlanca - 9-22-2013 at 02:46 PM

@ Dennis, you are hysterical....I sure do hope we get to meet one day! When we do, be sure and ask me what my grandpa nicknamed me ((:

::lol::lol::lol:

Mula - 9-22-2013 at 02:52 PM

Jeez Blanca . . . try to get things straight before you put them out there, please.

Hoping for the best, but feel like lack of info from the beginning has really hindered this search.

DENNIS - 9-22-2013 at 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mula

Hoping for the best, but feel like lack of info from the beginning has really hindered this search.

Indeed!!!

BajaBlanca - 9-22-2013 at 03:05 PM

It was a typo, and I didnt notice til you kindly answered......dont know el cardon and certainly dont know el cardonal !

jeff - 9-22-2013 at 03:52 PM

El Cardon is a surf spot 2 or 3 points north of Santa Rosalilita (SP).

Cheers, Jeff

BajaBlanca - 9-22-2013 at 04:04 PM

Thanks.

durrelllrobert - 9-22-2013 at 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Is there a possible reason he might not want to be found.

Could be, Diane, and thanks. Remember Peter Jefferies? Daughter, Cynthia...also in Vegas if I remember correctly, put out a call here for assistance, and with flyers all over Rosarito, he surfaced and made it clear he was OK, just having fun and wanted to be left alone.

Anyway...good luck to the family on this one.

...and don't forget the McStay family.

Ateo - 9-22-2013 at 04:26 PM

Thanks to all those who are helping! We have to stick together in this world.

chuckie - 9-22-2013 at 05:01 PM

I went down and had Carlos call the Mulege police who said they had no record of any accidents involving gringos recently.....

BajaBlanca - 9-22-2013 at 05:30 PM

So helpful. Thanks.

Mulegena - 9-22-2013 at 06:33 PM

My husband called Seguro Popular Hospital in Sta. Rosalia.

"No extranjeros whatsoever in-hospital."

Have we checked with hospitals in Loreto and Constitution, Blanca?

DENNIS - 9-22-2013 at 07:16 PM

Somebody who knows his habits will have some insight as to what type of people Gary would be hanging with......what element he would be drawn to.
I happen to be one of those armchair detectives that will judge a book by it's cover, and the Raiders attire says a lot to me in this regard.
Anybody out there with any degree of insight care to comment?
Perhaps a more concerned interaction here on your part here will forestall the inevitable frustration and boredom that is settling in here.

chuckie - 9-22-2013 at 07:36 PM

I see no boredom..people are following up leads as they arise...Stop the harrassment Dennis...

mtgoat666 - 9-22-2013 at 07:37 PM

Quote:
Somebody who knows his habits will have some insight as to what type of people Gary would be hanging with......what element he would be drawn to.
I happen to be one of those armchair detectives that will judge a book by it's cover, and the Raiders attire says a lot to me in this regard.
Anybody out there with any degree of insight care to comment?
Perhaps a more concerned interaction here on your part here will forestall the inevitable frustration and boredom that is settling in here.

What if he wore a 49ers jersey, what would you think then?

DENNIS - 9-22-2013 at 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666

What if he wore a 49ers jersey, what would you think then?

I'd think he may be found waiting on tables in the hotel in Santa Rosalia.

MMc - 9-22-2013 at 08:48 PM

Dennis, We all enjoy you. You are sitting behind a screen do nothing here. Leave it to the family and those that are putting rubber on the ground. If you want to call me on this please do so on another thread. These guys are looking for somebody they love, you're in the >.01 seats. Shut up dude. They need a outcome for there family. Remember when you were down some came to your help some just piled on. Please don't pile on. I'll buy you a beer or 10.

BajaBlanca - 9-23-2013 at 07:32 AM

Someone wrote, who saw a flyer. Abandoned and totally stripped 4 runner in el cardon. That is todays destination.

What can I say, except that I pray this is NOT Garys vehicle.

Gary is not a big fisherman, and in spite of the fact that he brought a red aurfboard, at 64, he isnt much of a surfer. He loves to talk, and talks fast. He loves life n his family, no bigger issues there. Except that he wanted to come to Baja right before a wedding and his bro asked him to hold off.

And mostly, his family really loves him and wants him back!

He wasnt a big drinker but recently had in fact had some beers....he could be anywhere.....so his brother n stster r literally searching beaches, bars, fishcamps, gas stations ... and I believe Gary brought enough money to have himself a good time for a long time. They just want some news. Thanks for everything, everyone.

[Edited on 9-23-2013 by BajaBlanca]

shari - 9-23-2013 at 07:36 AM

thank you for the update Blanca....so is it El Cardon by Rosalillita or by San Ignacio lagoon? keep us posted por favor.

DianaT - 9-23-2013 at 07:40 AM

Quote:
Someone wrote, who saw a flyer. Abandoned and totally stripped 4 runner in el cardon. That is todays destination.

What can I say, except that I pray this is NOT Garys vehicle.

Gary is not a big fisherman, and in spite of the fact that he brought a red aurfboard, at 64, he isnt much of a surfer. He loves to talk, and talks fast. He loves life n his family, no bigger issues there. Except that he wanted to come to Baja right after a wedding and his bro asked him to hold off.

And mostly, his family really loves him and wants him back!

He wasnt a big drinker but recently had in fact had some beers....he could be anywhere.....so his brother n stster r literally searching beaches, bars, fishcamps, gas stations ... and I believe Gary brought enough money to have himself a good time for a long time. They just want some news. Thanks for everything, everyone.

The family is in good hands with you and we hope that is NOT his car. Sounds like there was a family dispute and he took off. Let's just hope he is safe and sound.

It is understandable why a family would not want to reveal all the details about many personal things, but unfortunately, those things help when searching for someone.

Dennis has asked good questions all along, and little by little some are being answered. Again, it has to be terrible for the family to reveal many personal things albeit it necessary and helpful.

Really hope he is found soon alive and well.

redmesa - 9-23-2013 at 08:13 AM

If last seen was SQ why is the search in the South? Was he seen in GN or Catavina? He would have gassed up somewhere after El Rosario.

Ateo - 9-23-2013 at 08:29 AM

Check your U2U Blanca.

BajaBlanca - 9-23-2013 at 09:41 AM

Shari, it is the el cardon by santa rosallillita and Sabas is with them. He called a friend in s rosallillita last night and they were going to look around today. Perhaps they will have info when Dave and Sue arrive.

There was a possible sighting in abrepjos as well as at campo rene, hence the search led the family to come south.

Diana, the family just wanted him to wait a bit so someone could come south with Gary ... But yeah, he got ticked off and decided to just head out. Mad that the family did not support his decision to go it alone!

So many of us on the lookout, I am sure one of us will see him soon. Remember, tall, thin, gray hair and very sociable fast talker.

BajaBlanca - 9-23-2013 at 09:44 AM

Mulegena, just noticed that you asked about Constitution and Loreto. i didnt realize they had their own hospitals. I will double check these places.

BajaRat - 9-23-2013 at 10:07 AM

There's a little group of houses at El Cardon on the seven sisters road north out of Sta. Rosalillita, but the surf and camp spot locations are out the two tracks from the area of the El Cardon houses. Good Luck Amigos. :cool:

vgabndo - 9-23-2013 at 01:02 PM

Bide your time a little there Loco...He's likely to grow on you.

Un-like Lady GAGA, when you take off the meat dress, you just may find that there is still some Dennis there.

I judge we have that little bit in common.:lol:

On topic...I fear that Dennis is correct and this story will not have a happy outcome. It seems too long to be mis-communication, and too long to stay lost if that were the case. If he could help himself, likely by now he'd have done so. Its a BIG desert, and he may be easily found when the time comes, and perhaps this will become a folk tale about how Baja can swallow-up even those who know and love her. San Quentin to me is akin to a sweet Pitt Bull with a questionable history.

Gary, I hope it is an incredibly happy folk tale in the end.

[Edited on 9-23-2013 by vgabndo]

chuckie - 9-23-2013 at 01:07 PM

his intentions are usually good...his presentation not so...

tiotomasbcs - 9-23-2013 at 02:12 PM

Where do I/we join your Fan Club, Chuckie. I love your critiques. It must be great living in your world?! My bet is on The Old Man!! Come home GP. Tio

Mulegena - 9-23-2013 at 02:20 PM

We're calling Loreto and Constitution now, Seguro Popular...
Loreto Hospital did not answer, 613-135-0150
Constitution reports no extraneros, no Gary Patton

Shout out to Mula or BajaCalifornian: can you check with the IMSS hospital in Lopez Mateo, please?

(and yes, btw, it is wonderful living in Chuckie's world-- he's right around the corner from me and the greatest neighbor anybody could want, yep!

rhintransit - 9-23-2013 at 02:29 PM

you might also check Constitucion or La Paz, remembering that serious cases are transferred from here (Loreto) to one of those, depending on severity.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena
We're calling Loreto and Constitution now, Seguro Popular...
Loreto Hospital did not answer, 613-135-0150
Constitution reports no extraneros, no Gary Patton

Shout out to Mula or BajaCalifornian: can you check with the IMSS hospital in Lopez Mateo, please?

(and yes, btw, it is wonderful living in Chuckie's world-- he's right around the corner from me and the greatest neighbor anybody could want, yep!

Mulegena - 9-23-2013 at 02:41 PM

Repeat, Loreto Hospital did not answer. Has someone else another phone number in Loreto?

Constitution did answer the phone and reported no one by the name of Gary Patton was a patient.

elizabeth - 9-23-2013 at 02:48 PM

Mulegena...the number you have for the Loreto hospital is correct, but there is a second number...1352035.

[Edited on 9-23-2013 by elizabeth]

rhintransit - 9-23-2013 at 03:21 PM

2 hospitals:
135-2035...new one by highway
135-0039...Centro Salud (?)
no land line out here or would try for you

Mula - 9-23-2013 at 03:35 PM

The IMSS building in Lopez is a clinic only.
No need to call them.

Bajacalifornian is still at KM 38 up north by Rosarito.

There is no hospital in San Juanico - that I know of.

That is another surfing destination.

And can be accessed from San Ignacio via the salt flats.

durrelllrobert - 9-23-2013 at 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
Bide your time a little there Loco...He's likely to grow on you.

Un-like Lady GAGA, when you take off the meat dress, you just may find that there is still some Dennis there.

I judge we have that little bit in common.:lol:

On topic...I fear that Dennis is correct and this story will not have a happy outcome. It seems too long to be mis-communication, and too long to stay lost if that were the case. If he could help himself, likely by now he'd have done so. Its a BIG desert, and he may be easily found when the time comes, and perhaps this will become a folk tale about how Baja can swallow-up even those who know and love her. San Quentin to me is akin to a sweet Pitt Bull with a questionable history.

Gary, I hope it is an incredibly happy folk tale in the end.

[Edited on 9-23-2013 by vgabndo]
Remember the McStay family that disappeared in Feb. 2010? In Apr of this year the Huffington Post stated: "Investigators phoned relatives Tuesday shortly before the department issued a statement that said the family likely went to Mexico "of their own free will."
However, I can not find any statement to that effect issued by the The SD Sheriff's Department, that said it has pursued hundreds of tips, or the FBI. All 4 of them are still are missing after more than 3 years.

Kgryfon - 9-23-2013 at 05:04 PM

Nothing of value to add except my well wishes for a happy ending to this search.

redmesa - 9-23-2013 at 05:30 PM

They are in a witness protection plan. It has been investigated and the only answers that come up are an FBI shshsh and desist to the investigator. But I do not think that has anything to do with Gary Patton whom I wish well.

chuckie - 9-23-2013 at 05:53 PM

Yup..enough with doom amd gloom...hope for the best and keep looking..

chuckie - 9-24-2013 at 02:42 AM

It does not take "stripes" to comment on things. Some of Dennis's comments are uncalled for> there is a person missing here and cheap shots at the family, the introduction of negativism are not needed. I said Dennis has some good ideas but cant leave well enough alone sometimes. Dennis is Dennis, not anything else. Comments like the one about "stripes" will just serve to drive new members away......

durrelllrobert - 9-24-2013 at 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by redmesa
They are in a witness protection plan. It has been investigated and the only answers that come up are an FBI shshsh and desist to the investigator. But I do not think that has anything to do with Gary Patton whom I wish well.
Nothing to do with Gary's disappearance and just was responding to vgabndo's statement: "perhaps this will become a folk tale about how Baja can swallow-up even those who know and love her.

55steve - 9-24-2013 at 01:35 PM

Hire Enrique with Aereo Servicio Guerrero - excellent pilot.

shari - 9-24-2013 at 02:14 PM

I second that Steve....I am checking here periodically hoping to hear news about the abandoned car in Cardonal so please keep us posted

BajaBlanca - 9-24-2013 at 03:05 PM

No news yet ... I will post as soon as we know something new.

chuckie - 9-24-2013 at 03:34 PM

Thanks Blanca!!!!!

timoteo - 9-24-2013 at 03:38 PM

thanx Blanca, you have gone above the call to duty.

SoCalPattonCrew - 9-24-2013 at 05:40 PM

Hello Everyone,

My Aunt Sheila received a call from my Dad today, who is in Guerro Negro, they didn't find Gary :0( This is a message from my Auntie :

This is an update from Dave and Sue on the search for Gary. Dave phoned from Guerrrero Negro reporting the abandoned vehicle they checked out has been there for years. They continued handing out flyers, even finding stores that already had them posted. There next stop is San Quintin tomorrow, then heading home. I spoke with Detective Hill from Westminster PD who is working with the US Embassy. He relayed the Mexican Navy has cruised along the coast also looking for sightings of the vehicle. When I stated the next possibility was an air search, he indicated working with the Embassy and the Navy for a fly over was a possibility. The Embassy has contacted Kim on a regular basis keeping her updated and I shared this info. on the air search also. Thank you to all for your concern and prayers.

I can't say thank you enough to everyone that is helping us in our search for Gary. It truly does mean so much to all of us.

Jenn

DianaT - 9-24-2013 at 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SoCalPattonCrew
Hello Everyone,

My Aunt Sheila received a call from my Dad today, who is in Guerro Negro, they didn't find Gary :0( This is a message from my Auntie :

This is an update from Dave and Sue on the search for Gary. Dave phoned from Guerrrero Negro reporting the abandoned vehicle they checked out has been there for years. They continued handing out flyers, even finding stores that already had them posted. There next stop is San Quintin tomorrow, then heading home. I spoke with Detective Hill from Westminster PD who is working with the US Embassy. He relayed the Mexican Navy has cruised along the coast also looking for sightings of the vehicle. When I stated the next possibility was an air search, he indicated working with the Embassy and the Navy for a fly over was a possibility. The Embassy has contacted Kim on a regular basis keeping her updated and I shared this info. on the air search also. Thank you to all for your concern and prayers.

I can't say thank you enough to everyone that is helping us in our search for Gary. It truly does mean so much to all of us.

Jenn

Well, the good news is that it is not his car ---- good luck in the continued search. Keeping positive thoughts.

willardguy - 9-24-2013 at 06:03 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by SoCalPattonCrew
Hello Everyone,

Jenn

Well, the good news is that it is not his car ---- good luck in the continued search. Keeping positive thoughts.
AMAZING how many silver 3rd generation 4runners there are down here! spotted this one the other day with a rack! thought we found gary for sure but mexico plates.

fandango - 9-24-2013 at 07:01 PM

Great idea to take a photo willardguy!!

Not uncommon to change the plates on a stolen car. comparing this photo and a photo on page 1, Gary's car has the emblems higher on the tailgate and a sticker on the back right window.

chuckie - 9-25-2013 at 06:42 AM

Reading through this whole thread again....Where was the last real verifiable sighting of this person made and when? Seems to be a few possibles, but WHERE and WHEN actually????.....Help me out here....

BajaBlanca - 9-25-2013 at 06:49 AM

The last verifiable location Gary was at is the hotel Jardines in san quintin on the 3 and 4 Sept. where he said he planned to return in a couple days...Sunday, I believe.

chuckie - 9-25-2013 at 06:59 AM

Blanca, thats the conclusion I came to.....How can we check with US immigration to ascertain that he did NOT go back to the states? All plates are scanned on exit.....Has the family filed a US missing person report? Local Police should be able to get the info....

SoCalPattonCrew - 9-25-2013 at 07:24 AM

Good Morning Everyone..

My Uncle Gary's ex wife wanted me to post this information regarding the picture of the 4-Runner with the Baja Plates:

The pic that guy sent today on Baja Nomad site is IDENTICAL to Gary's new roof rack, maybe send that out to everyone because that body part is a match! Maybe also clarify the license plate number (4 VUZ 284 ) because PDF pics are not very clear on my email and with those down there it may not be very legible too. Also, mention Gary's car has obvious hard knife scratches along driver side, and that surf board maybe hanging out back trunk window, not on top.

We have filed a missing person reports with Westminster, CA police where Gary lives, The US Embassy, the Federale, San Quintin Police and other agencies that my dad has passed along on his journey to find his brother. We are making sure that we are doing everything that we can here while my dad is searching in Mexico. Please don't assume that we are not doing anything because we are not posting reply's to every post. We are not giving up and we hope that you are not either. Everyone on this site is helping us with ideas and we are making sure to following through with everyones thoughts.. Our next step will be to have a fly over done, possibly by the Mexican Navy, which is already helping us out with searches along the coast. The Westminster Police, The US Embassy and the Mexican Navy are all in contact with eachother and are working together, just like all our friends and family and everyone on BajaNoMads and Facebook.

Thank you to everyone for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers, and for helping us with our search.

Jenn

chuckie - 9-25-2013 at 07:28 AM

No assumption was made, just trying to cover all the bases...You might follow up to make sure the immigration scans have been checked...

BajaLuna - 9-25-2013 at 09:40 AM

Thanks for the update!

Keeping hope in my heart up here in my little corner of the world for Gary and his family!

Stay strong, Patton family!

Other routes

bajaguy - 9-25-2013 at 10:10 AM

Just a thought.......

Has anyone worked and left posters from Laguna Chapala through Puertecitos to San Felipe (Hwy 5) and Mexicali, and also Hwy 3 from Ensenada to the Jct with Hwy 5??

willardguy - 9-25-2013 at 11:30 AM

uh, the pattons might want to take a look here. hopefully no connection.

http://www.elvigia.net/el-valle/2013/9/25/hallan-cuerpos-135...

[Edited on 9-25-2013 by willardguy]

[Edited on 9-26-2013 by BajaNomad]

bajajudy - 9-25-2013 at 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy

That does not sound good for two families.

Mulegena - 9-25-2013 at 02:15 PM

and the Sta. Rosalia and Pichlingue ferries.

Can someone please get their numbers here please?

chuckie - 9-25-2013 at 02:27 PM

How about making sure the SQ cops have the poster....Anyone close?

Griffin - 9-25-2013 at 02:31 PM

If it helps, I was in Cabo Pulmo this weekend and didn't see anybody fitting this description around down there.

Also, it would be helpful if someone could summarize everything that is known about this guy and maybe edit the first post to include that info.

[Edited on 9-25-2013 by Griffin]

willyAirstream - 9-25-2013 at 02:35 PM

SR ferry 622 222 0204, 01 800 505 5018

Google still works

motoged - 9-25-2013 at 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy

Translation (roughly):

San Quentin, B. C. - Between Monday and Tuesday were found the bodies of two male persons, the first was found on a country road in the area of ​​the colony Lazaro Card##as and the second bridge to the west of New York.
Controls local police reported that at 18:00 am on Monday, railing staff received an anonymous call that reported the find.
The informant specified that on a local road was apparently thrown a body of a dead person. He said he was wrapped in a blanket.
The road in question is located approximately 200 meters to the east of the Highway, and almost the same distance from the back of a building who once worked as a maquiladora.
The military reported that the deceased had between two and three days of late, so it already had the ravages of decomposition, making it difficult calculate you approximate age.
He wore navy blue pants and gray shirt. There was no identification found. The cause of his death would become known after the autopsy of law, police abounded.

No signs of violence
The second finding was reported, in the same way, at 8:00 pm Tuesday. In this case it was an adult over 60 years, who also was identified for lack of paper.
The body of the man was found on the bed of the stream New York over the dunes located near the site known as "The Coyotera" belonging to the ejido Emiliano Zapata.
The soldiers mentioned that the body showed no traces of violence, so we inferred that, because of their age, may have died of a heart attack.
As in the other case, will the autopsy will determine the cause of death.
In both cases local staff came from the Attorney General of the State (PGJE) to carry out the corresponding steps.

BajaBlanca - 9-25-2013 at 04:41 PM

Griffin - I did a summary and THANKS for posting on Cabo Pulmo.....every bit of info helps.

bajaguy - good idea to ask if those locations have flyers ... really good and I am sure Jenn will ask the family about it.

Mulegena -right on with the phone calls -thanks so much for jumping on it !

I still hope and pray that this will have a good ending.

Marla Daily - 9-26-2013 at 06:17 AM

Can one of you clever nomaders post a map of the location of "The Coyotera" belonging to the ejido Emiliano Zapata in relation to Jardines, San Quintin?

We're headed south to Loreto today.

Mulegena - 9-26-2013 at 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by willyAirstream
SR ferry 622 222 0204, 01 800 505 5018

Google still works

Will someone with Spanish skills please call the ferries and the hospital in Constitution (# listed recently)?
I'm out of town on urgent family business and cannot.
Thank you.

Taco de Baja - 9-26-2013 at 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marla Daily
Can one of you clever nomaders post a map of the location of "The Coyotera" belonging to the ejido Emiliano Zapata in relation to Jardines, San Quintin?

We're headed south to Loreto today.

This link has a Google map location and GPS coordinates:

http://www.en.nuestro-mexico.com/Baja-California/Ensenada/Areas-de-menos-de-100-habitantes/Ruiz-Cortines-La-Coyotera/

chuckie - 9-26-2013 at 07:56 AM

It appears as if the local Police would be the ones to contact, in SQ...Or the police unit mentioned in the press release....

BajaBlanca - 9-26-2013 at 08:44 AM

The local police have been notified in San Quintin.

The sign up for the La Bocana fishing tournament is this Friday and the tournament and festivities are all day Saturday. Maybe he will show up and we can all rest more easily.

[Edited on 9-27-2013 by BajaBlanca]

BajaNomad - 9-26-2013 at 12:18 PM

It's my understanding as of today that the two deaths in SQ have now been identified as being locals.

Gary Patton remains missing.

SoCalPattonCrew - 9-26-2013 at 04:53 PM

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know a way to contact the following newspapers and see if we can run Gary's missing flyer ad?? El Vigia y & El Mexicano I will send the attachment in an email.. I haven't figured out how to add a picture to a post..

Thank you everyone for keeping us in your thoughts, although we were relieved to hear that the body was not Gary, somewhere in Mexico, families are suffering because they lost their loved one. Our thoughts and prayers go out to them as well.

Jenn

gnukid - 9-26-2013 at 05:27 PM

Has anyone checked around at Abreojos and San Juanico?

He brought a surf board ...

[Edited on 9-27-2013 by gnukid]

shari - 9-26-2013 at 06:47 PM

just google the names and there should be an address...also submit to Colectivo Pericu & Sudcaliforniano and some other news sites I look at. I am going to ensenada for my grandson's 3rd birthday party so will be not have a computer for a few days so maybe someone else can send the flyer to news outlets.

http://colectivopericu.net/

http://www.oem.com.mx/elsudcaliforniano/

http://peninsulardigital.com/

http://detodoguerrero.com/

SoCalPattonCrew - 9-26-2013 at 07:48 PM

Thanks Shari for all your help... I will find the email addresses on the website and send the flyers out.. Just wanted to make sure we were selecting the correct newspapers for the area..

BajaBlanca - 9-26-2013 at 08:14 PM

The police have been asking everyone in punta abreojos who is on the beach.

We are going to have the radio make the announcement too.

Thanks, Shari for all the links. And have fun with that grandson a yours!

shari - 9-26-2013 at 08:42 PM

thank you....there are a couple surfers camped on the beach near Choros...we were there yesterday and they have nearly the same truck with a roof rack and surf boards....I thought we'd found him! I told them to keep their eyes peeled for Gary too as they will be hitting surf beaches on their northbound return next week.

BajaBlanca - 9-27-2013 at 06:36 PM

Sad to report that Gary is not here at the sign ups for the fishing tournament, i hope he turns up tomorrow!

DENNIS - 9-27-2013 at 08:01 PM

I had promised myself I wouldn't interfere again in this topic, but I must.
Someone has to fund a couple of badass people with a strong vehicle to comb the Peninsula, flyers in hand, that indicate financial reward for verifiable info.

This situation has deteriorated to a desperate point and the search in progress hasn't left the road most travelled.
You have to give up looking for lost people in crowded areas. They arn't there.

At this point, if this were my issue....I'd be preparing my mind for the worst. It's just been too long.
Sorry I had to say that.

chuckie - 9-28-2013 at 04:38 AM

I must admit I am surprised , that none of our ardent off roaders havnt put together some kind of effort to run the coastal roads doing a recce...One of the race teams perhaps? Did an air search ever materialize?

Bubba - 9-28-2013 at 05:11 AM

Quote:
I had promised myself I wouldn't interfere again in this topic, but I must.
Someone has to fund a couple of badass people with a strong vehicle to comb the Peninsula, flyers in hand, that indicate financial reward for verifiable info.

This situation has deteriorated to a desperate point and the search in progress hasn't left the road most travelled.
You have to give up looking for lost people in crowded areas. They arn't there.

At this point, if this were my issue....I'd be preparing my mind for the worst. It's just been too long.
Sorry I had to say that.

I agree.

chuckie - 9-28-2013 at 05:23 AM

I am flying north today, and will see if I can in touch with Malcom...maybe he has some folks down here that could lookabout....Shari, if you have his number, maybe you could give him a shout as well...

BajaBlanca - 9-28-2013 at 06:48 AM

Off roaders is a really good idea.

Marla Daily - 9-28-2013 at 07:06 AM

We are in Cataviņa headed south shortly. We scanned every car and both sides of the road between San Quintin and Cataviņa and have nothing to report. There is a group off road motorcycles here from Tim Morton's Baja Bound. We will let them know to keep an eye out. There is a poster on the window at the Mision Catavina (La Pinta).
As we head south we will continue looking.

DENNIS - 9-28-2013 at 09:01 AM

Quote:

Let me add "Spanish speaking" to the requirements. Clear, concise communication is all important.

absinvestor - 9-28-2013 at 10:53 AM

Dennis is right. What can it hurt?? It is past time to let out all the stops!!

SoCalPattonCrew

bajaguy - 9-28-2013 at 01:39 PM

Just checking for any updates.

Also some random thoughts:

Has the detective working the case recently checked with CBP to determine if Gary crossed back into the US???

You might also ask the detective to run an NCIC off line search to see if any law enforcement agency in the US has run or inquired on the vehicle or Gary since the time he was reported missing until he was entered into NCIC.

Marla Daily - 9-28-2013 at 04:58 PM

Nothing to report between Cataviņa and Loreto. It is a long shot, but it could be worth checking the list of license plates that have passed at the military checkpoint just south of El Rosario since the disappearance. All license plate numbers are written down for northbound vehicles only. (This was the first checkpoint open on our drive south.) We saw no fliers at any of the military checkpoints; nor at the gas stations we used, including Antonios, in El Rosario. I regret now we didn't carry a stack with us.
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  24