BajaNomad

Water Rentention/Dry Well???

CortezBlue - 10-1-2013 at 09:11 AM

After all of the rain we received in San Felipe a few weeks back has made me think more seriously about putting in a water retention system for any rain run off.

I am situated near the beach on a cliff and the slope from the main road down to my house is pretty steep.

The lots behind me are terraced upward, so therefore, my backyard is a bit of a hole. Any run off has to go to my back yard and either be pumped to the front or disappated into the ground in a dry well.

I was wondering if anyone has a similar situation and has installed a system to deal with the water?

Dry Well

With a Sump Pump

Etc?

durrelllrobert - 10-1-2013 at 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
After all of the rain we received in San Felipe a few weeks back has made me think more seriously about putting in a water retention system for any rain run off.

I am situated near the beach on a cliff and the slope from the main road down to my house is pretty steep.

The lots behind me are terraced upward, so therefore, my backyard is a bit of a hole. Any run off has to go to my back yard and either be pumped to the front or disappated into the ground in a dry well.

I was wondering if anyone has a similar situation and has installed a system to deal with the water?

Dry Well

With a Sump Pump

Etc?

Are you wanting to store the runoff for future domestic use or just for your landscaping?
If you just want it for the later why not do what the people in Phoenix that are on the Salt River Project do. Just put a foot high berm around the property and let the runoff soak in.

CortezBlue - 10-1-2013 at 03:27 PM

No, just to have a collection point that will either absorb the water in case of a hard rain or allow it to be pumped to the street