BajaNomad

Posting again within a certain period of time?

CaboMagic - 10-2-2013 at 11:41 AM

Hi Doug,
for some reason if I attempt to post more than once within a short period of time, I get some kind of screen msg saying I can post that frequently .. thanks for the ayuda .. and for having this board .. always a good opp to say gracias man .. LG

DENNIS - 10-2-2013 at 12:43 PM

I think there's a 90 second waiting period between posts in the same thread. That's meant to keep the spontaneous brawls from going on. Gives one time to think before the next punch...so to speak. :saint:

David K - 10-2-2013 at 04:30 PM

It is an anti spam measure... and to slow Dennis and me from contributing too much, too soon! :lol::lol::rolleyes:

DENNIS - 10-2-2013 at 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
It is an anti spam measure... and to slow Dennis and me from contributing too much, too soon! :lol::lol::rolleyes:

Yeah....Shame on us. We bad. :lol::lol:

David K - 10-2-2013 at 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

We are bad! :lol::lol::smug:

woody with a view - 10-2-2013 at 05:06 PM

so then how do people double post more than occasionally? i find it irritating, but then again, i find many things irritating.....:biggrin:

BajaNomad - 10-2-2013 at 07:06 PM

Quote:
It is an anti spam measure...

Correct. Anti-spam, and overload protection in case of an attack to overwhelm the site by that method.

durrelllrobert - 10-2-2013 at 07:09 PM

Quote:
I think there's a 90 second waiting period between posts in the same thread. That's meant to keep the spontaneous brawls from going on. Gives one time to think before the next punch...so to speak. :saint:

Not just on a single thread but on all threads

BajaNomad - 10-2-2013 at 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
so then how do people double post more than occasionally?

They probably get a time delay waiting for the post to "take" - and end up hitting the submit button a second time - at just the perfect time to make that happen. Seems pretty rare. I notice that sometimes the software hiccups, and the same post displays twice - but it was only posted once. You can tell by comparing the PID# of the post.

BajaNomad - 10-2-2013 at 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Quote:

Not just on a single thread but on all threads

Correct.

DENNIS - 10-2-2013 at 07:31 PM

I liked my explanation better. Seems like only yesterday when I had a bit more of a fractious presence here on the board, and the wait period, if I recall, was 15-seconds.
I was honored by that show of respect.

Then, it went to 60 seconds.
Jeeeezo...I was wallowing in power.

Then....90 seconds.
I was on top of my game....

And now....I'm told it's nothing more than an effort to thwart SPAM.

BTW....I love Spam.

BajaNomad - 10-2-2013 at 07:58 PM

Quote:
I liked my explanation better. Seems like only yesterday when I had a bit more of a fractious presence here on the board, and the wait period, if I recall, was 15-seconds.
I was honored by that show of respect.

Then, it went to 60 seconds.
Jeeeezo...I was wallowing in power.

Then....90 seconds.
I was on top of my game....

And now....I'm told it's nothing more than an effort to thwart SPAM.

BTW....I love Spam.

btw.... there can be a "broad" interpretation of what spam is, mind you.

;D

DENNIS - 10-2-2013 at 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad

btw.... there can be a "broad" interpretation of what spam is, mind you.

;D

Mine is the Honolulu interpretation. YUMMY

vgabndo - 10-3-2013 at 10:46 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

We are bad! :lol::lol::smug:

"We bad." twenty-four thousand nine hundred and fifty-six posts

"We are bad." thirty-two thousand seven hundred and sixty-seven posts, with a FEELING SMUG emoticon.

This is referred to as a "contribution" by Mr. Thirty-two Thousand.

I most often think of gratuitous post counting when I see this kind of "contribution". Anyone else feel that way?

DENNIS - 10-3-2013 at 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo

Twenty-four thousand nine hundred and fifty seven to be exact. :biggrin:
ooops.......make that nine.

[Edited on 10-3-2013 by DENNIS]

David K - 10-4-2013 at 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo

"We are bad." thirty-two thousand seven hundred and sixty-seven posts, with a FEELING SMUG emoticon.

This is referred to as a "contribution" by Mr. Thirty-two Thousand.

I most often think of gratuitous post counting when I see this kind of "contribution". Anyone else feel that way?

I do throw in some pretty detailed trip reports, maps, and history stuff along with my casual posts Perry... Some can't figure out the way to post photos, so I do that for them... I have even made web pages by request to show photos of cool Baja places (do you remember?)... If you prefer a Baja forum with fewer posts, there are several others out there!