BajaNomad

Mex Gas current Price

Pages:  1  

thefishaholic - 10-11-2013 at 02:41 PM

What's the latest Magna price?

As low as $3.21gal in Colorado Springs.

DavidE - 10-11-2013 at 02:53 PM

Gas up in Colorado Springs. Premium is 11.97 per liter. Regular something like 11.65 and diesel in-between.

bajabuddha - 10-11-2013 at 03:04 PM

If Magna regular is $11.65 N.P., then 11.65 x 3.85 (liters per gallon) / 13.0 exchange rate, i get $3.45 a gallon U.S. That's about the national average at the moment, but so much for cheaper gov't run prices in Mexico. The sadness is, we Norte's can afford it (kinda) but the Mexican nationals have to pay it too, and their wages are a leeeeetle bit lower than ours, even those just on SSI. I feel for our hosts. Luckily for us, the exchange rate is still high in our favor.... for now.

{edit} just looked, gas prices on I-8 & I 10 corridor is $3.13, Lordsburg NM, $3.25 Eloi AZ, $3.35 in Yuma. Looks like they'll be watching for full jerry cans at the border again going in.

[Edited on 10-11-2013 by bajabuddha]

Mula - 10-11-2013 at 03:39 PM

12.0 pesos per litre yesterday in Constitucion.

El Jefe - 10-11-2013 at 03:40 PM

It really is too bad for the locals as even with the higher prices the pumps often cheat on the volume pumped. Again the other day I filled my 20 liter can with over 23 liters at the station by the long bridge in San Jose del Cabo.

Since they may be shorting you by about 13% the effective price for regular is more like $3.89

David K - 10-11-2013 at 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by El Jefe
It really is too bad for the locals as even with the higher prices the pumps often cheat on the volume pumped. Again the other day I filled my 20 liter can with over 23 liters at the station by the long bridge in San Jose del Cabo.

Since they may be shorting you by about 13% the effective price for regular is more like $3.89

Hey Tom, wouldn't be cool if the people of Mexico had a sticker like this to slap on a pump that is so far off delivering on the liters you paid for?:

bajabuddha - 10-11-2013 at 04:03 PM

It's enough to give me gas. Good thing yo no tengo pesta, como no?

DaliDali - 10-11-2013 at 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mula
12.0 pesos per litre yesterday in Constitucion.

That is up from 11.60 on Wednesday in Loreto for Magna (green pump handle)

[Edited on 10-11-2013 by DaliDali]

DENNIS - 10-11-2013 at 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

Hey Tom, wouldn't be cool if the people of Mexico had a sticker like this to slap on a pump that is so far off delivering on the liters you paid for?:

That's as funny as these folks here in Rob-me-arito saying that prisoners have rights. :lol::lol:

durrelllrobert - 10-11-2013 at 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabuddha
If Magna regular is $11.65 N.P., then 11.65 x 3.85 (liters per gallon) / 13.0 exchange rate, i get $3.45 a gallon U.S. That's about the national average at the moment, but so much for cheaper gov't run prices in Mexico. The sadness is, we Norte's can afford it (kinda) but the Mexican nationals have to pay it too, and their wages are a leeeeetle bit lower than ours, even those just on SSI. I feel for our hosts. Luckily for us, the exchange rate is still high in our favor.... for now.

{edit} just looked, gas prices on I-8 & I 10 corridor is $3.13, Lordsburg NM, $3.25 Eloi AZ, $3.35 in Yuma. Looks like they'll be watching for full jerry cans at the border again going in.

Going into Mexico; not so much going into the US.
Wait a minute, I just checked for CHEAP gas prices in Chula Vista and ARCO's price is $3.69/ gal (cash only) and 3.74 credit.

[Edited on 10-12-2013 by durrelllrobert]

Bajahowodd - 10-11-2013 at 05:02 PM

Unlike the US, Mexico's gasoline prices are not influenced by market conditions, because Pemex is a government entity. That said, unless the Mexicans are able to figure out that international involvement in their deepwater Gulf reserves is absolutely necessary for their economic well being, there will come a time sooner than later when Mexico's gasoline prices will skyrocket due to a shortage of crude.

bajabuddha - 10-11-2013 at 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Quote:

Wait a minute, I just checked for CHEAP gas prices in Chula Vista and ARCO's price is $3.69/ gal (cash only) and 3.74 credit.

True, but i believe Chula Vista is in CA, therefore, the prices are Californicated. That's why i fill up in Yuma, can make it at least to Ensenada in my towing rig.

durrelllrobert - 10-11-2013 at 06:31 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Quote:

True, but i believe Chula Vista is in CA, therefore, the prices are Californicated. That's why i fill up in Yuma, can make it at least to Ensenada in my towing rig.

My Yukon has a 33 gal tank and I make it from Ensenada to Mesquite, NV with fuel to spare . And from Mesquite to Helena ,MT with fuel to spare.

woody with a view - 10-11-2013 at 07:57 PM

i filled up in yuma yesterday for $3.05/gal. today it was $3.14/gal. WTF? 9 cents overnight?

dtutko1 - 10-12-2013 at 07:00 AM

Just filled up in SW Missouri, all 4 grades of octane was the same $2.94.9. When gas was going thru the roof it was Obamas fault. Now that it's dropped $.50+ who cares. $.50/gal times all the gas sold in the US, now that's alot on money.Headed south in 2 weeks, Wahoos being caught in Pescadero and I want one.

bajabuddha - 10-12-2013 at 07:08 AM

Glad to hear Yuma is so low, woody. I'll be topping off hopefully Tuesday p.m. there. I got my prices from a monitoring website, not always totally accurate, but usually pretty close.
Bob, i have a 33 gallon tank also, but a V-10 F-250 that is less than economical. Pulling my 5th wheel i get more like gallons per mile methinks. :no:

cliffh - 10-12-2013 at 08:58 AM

Starting home tues, price on diesel, thanks Cliff

DavidE - 10-12-2013 at 11:59 AM

Hmmm, methinks someone didn't get "The News". A new field find has upped Mexico's proven reserves 200%. It now has more proven (pump-able) crude than all the crude it has ever pumped since the first well went into operation.

Worry more about this: The USA is going to become a huge EXPORTER of shale crude oil. To China. This is primarily so the speculators can keep USA gasoline baseline prices profitable for themselves. The API will work up some 3-shells-and-a-pea formula that shows the USA on the brink of a critical crude oil shortage crisis, all the time nudging pump prices upward whenever they can.

Now, if I were a speculator, no not THAT kind, I mean the kind of speculator with REAL money, I would not hesitate to send bales of currency to anti-shale oil development and transport and no-new-refineries, protest groups. Congresspeople who are solidly on the "USA LAST" bandwagon. It's like the diamond jewelry industry. If it ever got out how many HUNDREDS OF TRILLIONS of carats of gem quality diamonds were being hidden, the price of diamonds would plummet like a meteoroid. The Russians are sitting on 3,000 tons of gold, and FOUR QUADRILLION BARRELS of proven crude oil reserves.

"I own the oasis!" So what I have ten thousand acre feet of spring fed water? It's what it is worth to you that determines the price. Which by the way is three dollars a glass".

Unbeknownst to many, the speculation driven warpage of the economy and creation of poverty is THE PRIME FOCUS POINT for radical Mullahs to recruit wacko devotees for terrorism.

Want to get kicked out of Mexico? Make extremely public a call, no, a demand to have Swiss auditors go in and audit the books for Petroleos Mexicanos for the last thirty years. Don't stop there; have them audit HACIENDA (SHCP,SAT, ADUANA). You could measure the projected expected lifespan of a citizen making such demands with a stopwatch. Foreigners would be convicted of an article 42 violation and blacklisted forever. Too bad they fell down a flight of 22 floors worth of stairs after their release.

daveB - 10-13-2013 at 07:06 AM

If pennies count (here in Canada we no longer use them) it takes 3,785 litros to equal 1 U.S. gallon.

woody with a view - 10-13-2013 at 07:39 AM

Quote:
Glad to hear Yuma is so low, woody. I'll be topping off hopefully Tuesday p.m. there. I got my prices from a monitoring website, not always totally accurate, but usually pretty close.
Bob, i have a 33 gallon tank also, but a V-10 F-250 that is less than economical. Pulling my 5th wheel i get more like gallons per mile methinks. :no:

stop and fill up at the AMPM on 16th just south of the freeway. it is the cheapest gas i've found!

bajabuddha - 10-13-2013 at 08:14 AM

DavidB, you use commas instead of decimal points up there in the Great White North, eh? or are your liters really, really tiny? (J/K) :lol::lol: {edited edition, $3.38/gal instead of $3.45}

Woody, thanks for the tip; with my Flying J card i get 3c. off a gallon and easier to pull in and out w/ my 5th wheel. And now, thanks to Octavo, i'm gonna be delayed a few more days... don't wanna haul through that kind of storm. Maybe in my younger days; how's that saying go? "The older i get, the better i was".

[Edited on 10-13-2013 by bajabuddha]

Bajahowodd - 10-13-2013 at 03:58 PM

Two points. The fact that Mexico has huge proven reserves means nothing unless they are willing to allow international partnership with nations and companies that have the equipment and the knowledge to drill deep offshore wells. Currently, Mexico has neither. It requires a constitutional amendment fro that to happen, and currently, the polls show that the Mexican people are against it.

Second, the boom in US shale oil (which is also environmentally reprehensible) is all relying on the Keystone pipeline project designed to ship both Canadian and US crude to the Texas gulf coast for export. Great help with balance of payments, but nada for US gasoline prices.

durrelllrobert - 10-13-2013 at 04:13 PM

Keystone XL Pipeline Project

The Keystone XL Pipeline is a proposed 1,179-mile (1,897 km), 36-inch-diameter crude oil pipeline beginning in Hardisty, Alta., and extending south to Steele City, Neb. This pipeline is a critical infrastructure project for the energy security of the United States and for strengthening the American economy.

Along with transporting crude oil from Canada, the Keystone XL Pipeline will also support the significant growth of crude oil production in the United States by allowing American oil producers more access to the large refining markets found in the American Midwest and along the U.S. Gulf Coast.
For more information on the project please visit the Keystone XL Pipeline Project website at Keystone-XL.com.

DENNIS - 10-13-2013 at 04:35 PM

Bought gas today.
Magna.....11.60 per liter
Premium 12.08 per liter

Peso/Dollar 13.00 to 1

Somebody care to do the math? I misplaced my slip of paper with the formula.

woody with a view - 10-13-2013 at 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Two points. The fact that Mexico has huge proven reserves means nothing unless they are willing to allow international partnership with nations and companies that have the equipment and the knowledge to drill deep offshore wells. Currently, Mexico has neither. It requires a constitutional amendment fro that to happen, and currently, the polls show that the Mexican people are against it.

Second, the boom in US shale oil (which is also environmentally reprehensible) is all relying on the Keystone pipeline project designed to ship both Canadian and US crude to the Texas gulf coast for export. Great help with balance of payments, but nada for US gasoline prices.

nationalize all US oil profits! there are enough gringos to pay for this. any excess will be allowed to flow onto the international market@spot prices....

WTF am i missing?:?:

[Edited on 10-13-2013 by woody with a view]

bajabuddha - 10-13-2013 at 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Bought gas today.
Premium 12.08 per liter

Peso/Dollar 13.00 to 1

11.60 x 3.78 (liter/gal) / x-rate (13.0) = $3.37 a gallon mas o meno, then allow for how many litros you really get compared to what the pump sez. Quien sabes? Quien quieres? No se nada.
:biggrin:

willardguy - 10-13-2013 at 05:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Bought gas today.
Premium 12.08 per liter

Peso/Dollar 13.00 to 1

11.60 x 3.78 (liter/gal) / x-rate (13.0) = $3.37 a gallon mas o meno, then allow for how many litros you really get compared to what the pump sez. Quien sabes? Quien quieres? No se nada.
:biggrin:
dont forget to factor in a couple bucks for a tip !

DENNIS - 10-13-2013 at 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy

A couple of bucks? Only if he paints the car.
One buck is enough.

Hook - 10-13-2013 at 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cliffh
Starting home tues, price on diesel, thanks Cliff

I got diesel in Mx near Nogales and it was 12 pesos exactly, per liter.

Down near Hermosillo, Sonora, I got some more and it was 12.20/liter.

I found diesel as low as 3.63 between Lake Havasu and Phoenix and unleaded regular as low as 3.15 in the Phoenix area.

Mexican gasoline has blow past gasoline in AZ and diesel is within 10 cents of diesel in AZ.

bajabuddha - 10-13-2013 at 09:46 PM

Quote:
Quote:

One buck is enough.

That's a lotta dough to be tipping... if you figger he fills 50 gringos a day, you're quadrupleing his wages. I may sound cheap, but from me it's $5p., and another $5p to whoever washes my windows. If the pumper does, he gets $10p. If i'm disrespected or ignored, NO PROPINA. When you boil it down, over-tipping in Mexico is really an insult to some, especially when $200p a day is considered a good wage.

DENNIS - 10-14-2013 at 07:22 AM

Quote:
I may sound cheap, but from me it's $5p., and another $5p to whoever washes my windows. If the pumper does, he gets $10p. If i'm disrespected or ignored, NO PROPINA. When you boil it down, over-tipping in Mexico is really an insult to some, especially when $200p a day is considered a good wage.

I only tip for service. Pumping gas into my car isn't service....it's sales.

That 200 Ps per day is an archaic scale here in Baja, unless it's wages for the field hands on the lowest rung of the ladder.
I hire three people, two intermittently....a mechanic/ handyman....a housecleaner, and a gardener......and I pay them 100 Ps per hour. Some of their other employers pay in the same neighborhood, although not all.
I've never been one to keep anyone living on a "hand to mouth" scale.

bajabuddha - 10-14-2013 at 07:38 AM

Quote:

That 200 Ps per day is an archaic scale here in Baja, unless it's wages for the field hands on the lowest rung of the ladder.
I hire three people, two intermittently....a mechanic/ handyman....a housecleaner, and a gardener......and I pay them 100 Ps per hour. Some of their other employers pay in the same neighborhood, although not all.

I know Punta Banda fairly well, been staying at La Jolla for 18 years now. Ensenada is a whole different world than most of Baja, discounting La Paz and Los Cabos. Come down off your hillside and see how the rest of the people live in the colonias. I tip well for good service also, and pay well for labor done. I clean my own 'house' though. My neighborhood isn't quite as 'classy' either. We were talking about gas station tips btw.

EnsenadaDr - 10-14-2013 at 07:43 AM

Quote:
A friend and I go to the Old Mission Brewery since she is a fan of homebrewed beer. She never leaves 1 peso for a tip. Then she wonders why the waiters aren't friendly. I always try and tip 15% for good service, since my father was in the restaurant business all his life.
Quote:

I know Punta Banda fairly well, been staying at La Jolla for 18 years now. Ensenada is a whole different world than most of Baja, discounting La Paz and Los Cabos. Come down off your hillside and see how the rest of the people live in the colonias. I tip well for good service also, and pay well for labor done. I clean my own 'house' though. My neighborhood isn't quite as 'classy' either. We were talking about gas station tips btw.

bajabuddha - 10-14-2013 at 07:48 AM

I agree, E. Dr.; i've been in the service-oriented business all my life, and very well understand 'propina'. 15% is a very good average to start with; average service, average tip. Very good gets more, and very bad.... well, i never leave 'nothing'... in the States a nickel is a good hint. Rarely if ever happens though, but service is the key to good customer returnings.

DENNIS - 10-14-2013 at 08:34 AM

Quote:
"I only tip for service. Pumping gas into my car isn't service....it's sales."

We were talking about gas station tips btw.

So was I.

durrelllrobert - 10-14-2013 at 08:42 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

One buck is enough.

That's a lotta dough to be tipping... if you figger he fills 50 gringos a day, you're quadrupleing his wages. I may sound cheap, but from me it's $5p., and another $5p to whoever washes my windows. If the pumper does, he gets $10p. If i'm disrespected or ignored, NO PROPINA. When you boil it down, over-tipping in Mexico is really an insult to some, especially when $200p a day is considered a good wage.

The tailor that was altering my new suite got a good tip from me while measuring my inseam. She wasn't that good looking either. :lol:

durrelllrobert - 10-14-2013 at 08:50 AM

Quote:

Those of us that can't afford 100p/hr are also living hand-to.mouth. They set their wages; not me.

rts551 - 10-14-2013 at 08:58 AM

Not too many in our town that live on 200p/day.

bajabuddha - 10-14-2013 at 09:16 AM

In our little Pueblita, there's a squid processing plant. In the past they paid their workers by the kilo/processed, and they made good money if they worked hard. No more local squid, now shipped in from Guerrero, and the workers last winter got a whopping $150p. per day, and it was long hours. They weren't happy, but it was their living. I'm sure the same is true with those working in Tucson or Tucumcari, the wages are comparable to the local costs of survival.

When you look at it, $100p an hour is minimum wage in the States, and a very good wage for working Mexicanos. Get away from the larger cities, i'm sure it'd be a welcome income for most.

DENNIS - 10-14-2013 at 10:38 AM

Quote:
the wages are comparable to the local costs of survival.

When you look at it, $100p an hour is minimum wage in the States, and a very good wage for working Mexicanos. Get away from the larger cities, i'm sure it'd be a welcome income for most.

I believe you've hit upon the problem. Most would prefer to live a little bit above the "survival" level.......and I can understand that.
Besides.........they have to pay this price for gas too:

Quote:
bajabuddha .....................

11.60 x 3.78 (liter/gal) / x-rate (13.0) = $3.37 a gallon

bajabuddha - 10-14-2013 at 11:10 AM

Quote:
I believe you've hit upon the problem. Most would prefer to live a little bit above the "survival" level.......and I can understand that.
Besides.........they have to pay this price for gas too:

Quote:
bajabuddha .....................

11.60 x 3.78 (liter/gal) / x-rate (13.0) = $3.37 a gallon

I totally agree, and have stated that very fact on a number of occasions on this site. I come to Mexico as a guest and abide with what it is, not try to change it to my image.

DENNIS - 10-14-2013 at 11:25 AM

Quote:
I totally agree, and have stated that very fact on a number of occasions on this site. I come to Mexico as a guest and abide with what it is, not try to change it to my image.

I'm not sure what you mean. Is yours a reference to keeping the standard of living at a predetermined level?

bajabuddha - 10-14-2013 at 11:37 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I'm not sure what you mean. Is yours a reference to keeping the standard of living at a predetermined level?

No, Dennis. Not 'keeping', making, fixing, or trying to alter or change a single thing... just accepting what is, and living with it in the now. Quite simple actually.

willardguy - 10-14-2013 at 11:43 AM

and then I come along and throw the system off kilter by tipping that extra 10 pesos! what the heck was I thinking? :wow:

DENNIS - 10-14-2013 at 12:07 PM

Quote:
No, Dennis. Not 'keeping', making, fixing, or trying to alter or change a single thing... just accepting what is, and living with it in the now. Quite simple actually.

But...things change, for everybody. Gas and food prices....everything. We have to be aware of these things and make the responsible adjustments for those who depend upon us as much as we depend upon them.

bajabuddha - 10-14-2013 at 12:13 PM

Quote:
Quote:

But...things change, for everybody. Gas and food prices....everything. We have to be aware of these things and make the responsible adjustments for those who depend upon us as much as we depend upon them.

Geez, i swear to allah that's what i just said... so no ''but''s necessary, que no? Happy trails, amigo.

Bajahowodd - 10-14-2013 at 05:00 PM

To Woody- Nationalizing US oil would result in the very same problem that Mexico is facing. It is a highly valued international commodity. While I do hate the fact that US gas prices are manipulated by the commodity traders for their own profit, I fear that for the exploration and drilling side, the idea of a cap on profits would stop further exploration and development.

To bajabuddha, Buddha was not a Muslim, and therefore did not pray to Allah. Siddhartha fundamentally started a religion. And for anyone curious about the history of world religions, he was also supposedly born of a virgin and that was five centuries beofore the birth of Christ. long before Allah was a twinkle.

bajabuddha - 10-14-2013 at 05:07 PM

Bajahowodd, you CAN'T be that much of a marooon, my friend. I chose that handle because i love Baja and i have a big belly, SO RASCA EL BUDDHA POR SUERTE. Besides, The Buddha said anyone calling themselves that, kill them on the spot. I'm very familiar with all religions, and subscribe to none, because they all control and manipulate, and i choose to think for myself. Have a nice day. sheesh.:P:tumble:

Hook - 10-14-2013 at 05:21 PM

Do any of you people who come down here to visit Mexico (and dont want to change a thing) actually have any Mexican friends down here?

The majority of MEXICANS I know WOULD like to see lots of changes.

You think living with corrupt cops, iffy public services, expensive motor fuels and outrageous prices on imported goods (of which most everything except food IS) is something the average Mexican willingly embraces??????

Get real. This aint no paradise if you're scraping by on a few hundred pesos per day, especially if you're raising a family AND your aging parents.

David K - 10-14-2013 at 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Do any of you people who come down here to visit Mexico (and dont want to change a thing) actually have any Mexican friends down here?

The majority of MEXICANS I know WOULD like to see lots of changes.

You think living with corrupt cops, iffy public services, expensive motor fuels and outrageous prices on imported goods (of which most everything except food IS) is something the average Mexican willingly embraces??????

Get real. This aint no paradise if you're scraping by on a few hundred pesos per day, especially if you're raising a family AND your aging parents.

Right on!

viabaja - 10-14-2013 at 07:13 PM

My 2 cents - or pesos :) Just got back from San Felipe. Diesel was 12 pesos per liter! The days of cheap diesel in a Mexico are over! Que lastima!

David K - 10-14-2013 at 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by viabaja
My 2 cents - or pesos :) Just got back from San Felipe. Diesel was 12 pesos per liter! The days of cheap diesel in a Mexico are over! Que lastima!

At 11.50 to the dollar, about $3.95/ gallon, yes?

I remember by friend with a diesel rabbit (1980-ish) going to Tijuana once a week to fill up for 19 cents/ gallon. :light:

ca alta VS sur gas

captkw - 10-14-2013 at 09:53 PM

Here in Monterey bay ca. gas just got below 4 dlls a gal...and gets your car about 2/3rds distance what the "good" gas/Pemex will make your car go....sad state of affairs here in ca with the ethanol in the gas..I will take good Baja gas over this eth crap any day...Just a saying...K&T:cool:

Bob and Susan - 10-15-2013 at 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
...and gets your car about 2/3rds distance what the "good" gas/Pemex will make your car go......K&T:cool:

do you have ANY supporting data on that?
that is an outrageous statement

monoloco - 10-15-2013 at 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan
Quote:
...and gets your car about 2/3rds distance what the "good" gas/Pemex will make your car go......K&T:cool:

Gasoline with 10% ethanol will typically see a 3-4% reduction in fuel economy, while e-85 which is 85% ethanol will cause a 25-30% reduction in fuel economy.
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/ethanol.shtml

facts on gas for Bob

captkw - 10-15-2013 at 08:31 AM

I have to know fuels for what I do as a living (master mechanic/eletricain) and besides as a known fact... I also have many trips crossing the border to try the "other"fuel....when I was a young lad in Baja the gas was bad !! Now I fill up on the TJ side before going back to the states....And I also see the results of eth in all fuel systems...aka phase separation and a list of problems,,,so much so that the gov will not let be used in aircraft !! they know that planes would be falling left and right.......K&T:cool:

tripledigitken - 10-15-2013 at 08:41 AM

I believe when you purchase gas in TJ it is US gas, the same recipe as sold nob.

More good news....

greengoes - 10-15-2013 at 08:46 AM

I believe the 16% IVA was passed and that too will impact gas prices.

Can someone tell me this is misinformation?

tj gas

captkw - 10-15-2013 at 08:55 AM

Whoops me bad..I always fiil up just heading out of Ensenada..and the reason why?? I don't like getting in TJ crazy roads..I get thru fast as I can...I only big city I like is in Alaska !! K&T:cool:

MitchMan - 10-15-2013 at 08:59 AM

If the IVA passes that the President wanted, it would apply to sales of homes, food, medicines and now gasoline too?

This could be a deal changer.

DENNIS - 10-15-2013 at 09:05 AM

IVA is already 16% on the mainland, isn't it?
Still 11% in Baja. [actually, I don't pay much attention anymore since IVA is normally included in the price]

I'm Not A Marooon, Whatever That Is...

Bajahowodd - 10-15-2013 at 05:06 PM

Quote:
Bajahowodd, you CAN'T be that much of a marooon, my friend. I chose that handle because i love Baja and i have a big belly, SO RASCA EL BUDDHA POR SUERTE. Besides, The Buddha said anyone calling themselves that, kill them on the spot. I'm very familiar with all religions, and subscribe to none, because they all control and manipulate, and i choose to think for myself. Have a nice day. sheesh.:P:tumble:

And the first tenet of Buddhism is "Do Not Kill". Period. Period.

I do have something in common with you in that I believe virtually all organized religions are scams that were started to control people.

But, do me a favor, and study some of this crap before you make stupid statements.

David K - 10-15-2013 at 05:11 PM

Somehow it seems that Buddha and Allah are being mixed up... ???

durrelllrobert - 10-15-2013 at 06:38 PM

Quote:
Quote:

1 kilometer in Mexico = 2/3 mile in the US?

durrelllrobert - 10-15-2013 at 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by greengoes
I believe the 16% IVA was passed and that too will impact gas prices.

Can someone tell me this is misinformation?

UPDATE (October 14): Who was in favor of the approval of VAT at the border in addition to issuing a position on other parts of the tax reform were the Committees of Finance and Public Credit (who joined a group of more than 70 deputies).

Queda pendiente la votación de todos los integrantes de la Cámara de Diputados o Senadores para saber si se implementará o no.

There remains the vote of all members of the House of Representatives or Senators to know whether to deploy or not.

Esta postura fue dada a conocer con un comunicado de prensa donde las comisiones explican sus motivos de estar a favor o en contra de ciertos fragmentos de la reforma.

This position was announced with a press release where commissions explain their reasons for being for or against certain fragments of reform.

La votación final será celebrada en los próximos días. The final vote will be held in the coming days. *Consulte aquí el informe de la Comisión Económica de la Cámara de Diputados

* See here the report of the Economic Commission of the Chamber of Deputies

No obstante, el refresco también aumentará su costo, un peso por litro.

However, the refresh will also increase the cost, weight per liter.

Al momento estos son los impuestos que se han aprobado, sobre la compra y venta de viviendas, colegiaturas e interés hipotecarios aún no se han aprobado, incluso se le ha recomendado a la Comisión de Hacienda no aprobarlos.

At the moment these are the taxes that have been approved on the purchase and sale of housing, tuition and mortgage interest not yet been approved, has even been recommended to the Finance Committee does not approve.

En el caso de alimentos de mascotas, uno de los impuestos más criticados e incluso causante de burlas, se desconoce al momento la postura de la Cámara de Diputados.

In the case of pet food, one of the most criticized and even tax causing ridicule, is unknown at the time the position of the House of Representatives.

- See more at: http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&a...

bajabuddha - 10-15-2013 at 10:49 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I do have something in common with you in that I believe virtually all organized religions are scams that were started to control people.

But, do me a favor, and study some of this crap before you make stupid statements.

ME making stupid statements???? Oh brudder. I'M NOT A BUDDIST, NUMB-NUTZ. And if i was Moslem i would have capitalized the A in allah, but i didn't, did i ??? Get a life, and quit arguing with thin air. Gawd-danged Old Women with testicles on this site, nothing better to do than harangue someone over ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. And DavidK, read the posts. The only confusion here is why i even try to reason with unreasonable people. Peace, OUT.

OH, and ANNUDAH TING.... a "maroon'' is what Bugs Bunny used as an epithet for 'mo - ron' which this site auto-censors to 'maroon'. And i thought 'trolling' was something that's done with rod and reel to catch fish, so BACK! BACK UNDER THE BRIDGE WITH YOU!! And go away before i taunt you a second time. All's i did was give a guy a gas/conversion formula, and i'm crucified. Next time i'll swear to Jeebus, Tebow, Jehovah, Yaweh or Jumpin' Jehosephatz. That'll give you something more to pontificate upon.
:fire:

[Edited on 10-16-2013 by bajabuddha]

Hook - 10-16-2013 at 07:41 AM

I believe I have read that food and medicine have been removed from the goods that will get the IVA tax.

But the border rate of 11% is set to increase to the 16% the rest of the country pays.

This is an article about a month old. But I read one from Sept 30 that confirmed the IVA increase for border areas.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-09-08/mexico-s-pena-nieto...

Kind Of Correct

Bajahowodd - 10-16-2013 at 04:58 PM

Quote:

I figured this bajabuddha guy was mixing it up. However, history also shows that neither Muhammed, considered a prophet in Islam, not the Quran, ever addressed the idea of killing anyone using the name of Muhammed. Lest, what would become of the maybe millions of Muslims that have that name.

It was future radicalized Muslims that started the idea that no one could show a likeness of Muhammed without facing death.

That said, throughout history and even today, radicalized fundamentalists in many religions have caused pain, death and heartbreak because of their weird views.

Just for grins, Google Rafael Cruz pastor. He's the father of that nutjob who has been primarily responsible for shutting gown the US government, putting millions of folks out of work, and making us the laughing sock of much of the world.

Bajahowodd - 10-16-2013 at 05:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ME making stupid statements???? Oh brudder. I'M NOT A BUDDIST, NUMB-NUTZ. And if i was Moslem i would have capitalized the A in allah, but i didn't, did i ??? Get a life, and quit arguing with thin air. Gawd-danged Old Women with testicles on this site, nothing better to do than harangue someone over ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. And DavidK, read the posts. The only confusion here is why i even try to reason with unreasonable people. Peace, OUT.

OH, and ANNUDAH TING.... a "maroon'' is what Bugs Bunny used as an epithet for 'mo - ron' which this site auto-censors to 'maroon'. And i thought 'trolling' was something that's done with rod and reel to catch fish, so BACK! BACK UNDER THE BRIDGE WITH YOU!! And go away before i taunt you a second time. All's i did was give a guy a gas/conversion formula, and i'm crucified. Next time i'll swear to Jeebus, Tebow, Jehovah, Yaweh or Jumpin' Jehosephatz. That'll give you something more to pontificate upon.

Bajahowodd - 10-16-2013 at 05:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe you just need to go back to watching Bugs Bunny. You apparently understand that.

bajabuddha - 10-16-2013 at 05:05 PM

He makes more sense than you do, doc. (crunch-crunch-crunch)

MitchMan - 10-16-2013 at 08:10 PM

Watch the effective price of gas in USD go up since the US Congress ended the government shut down today.

Over the last two weeks, the direction of the USD/MXN exchange rate has been easy to predict.

All you had to do is see what the perception of gov shut down and debt ceiling progress or lack thereof in Congress was together with which way the DOW was reacting and you could predict the direction of the USD/MXN exchange rate would go.

A few days ago, I heard that Obama, Reid, Boehner, McConnell, et al were headed toward an agreement. I headed straight for the Santander ATM. Starting taking balance readings. The implied exchange rate at the ATM changed significantly against the USD in a one hour period during the middle of the day. That was unusual, but at least I knew which way the rate was going to go...and it did.

[Edited on 10-17-2013 by MitchMan]

Bajahowodd - 10-17-2013 at 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
I believe when you purchase gas in TJ it is US gas, the same recipe as sold nob.

When you purchase gasoline anywhere in BC, it is refined in Texas.

BCS gets their supply though the La Paz terminal.

Bajahowodd - 10-17-2013 at 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MitchMan
Watch the effective price of gas in USD go up since the US Congress ended the government shut down today.

Over the last two weeks, the direction of the USD/MXN exchange rate has been easy to predict.

All you had to do is see what the perception of gov shut down and debt ceiling progress or lack thereof in Congress was together with which way the DOW was reacting and you could predict the direction of the USD/MXN exchange rate would go.

A few days ago, I heard that Obama, Reid, Boehner, McConnell, et al were headed toward an agreement. I headed straight for the Santander ATM. Starting taking balance readings. The implied exchange rate at the ATM changed significantly against the USD in a one hour period during the middle of the day. That was unusual, but at least I knew which way the rate was going to go...and it did.

[Edited on 10-17-2013 by MitchMan]

The price of gasoline in the US is more or less controlled by commodity traders, who sit on their culos day after day, attempting to make money. I don't know that if we had what existed in the days of old, with vertically integrated oil companies that controlled the drilling, the refining and the retail, would make all that of a difference. But, those turds who just sit there and trade back and forth are certainly a factor in gasoline prices.

David K - 10-17-2013 at 10:50 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I figured this bajabuddha guy was mixing it up. However, history also shows that neither Muhammed, considered a prophet in Islam, not the Quran, ever addressed the idea of killing anyone using the name of Muhammed. Lest, what would become of the maybe millions of Muslims that have that name.

It was future radicalized Muslims that started the idea that no one could show a likeness of Muhammed without facing death.

That said, throughout history and even today, radicalized fundamentalists in many religions have caused pain, death and heartbreak because of their weird views.

Just for grins, Google Rafael Cruz pastor. He's the father of that nutjob who has been primarily responsible for shutting gown the US government, putting millions of folks out of work, and making us the laughing sock of much of the world.

You must be a racist and anti Latino? :yes::lol:

rts551 - 10-18-2013 at 08:26 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by viabaja

At 11.50 to the dollar, about $3.95/ gallon, yes?

I remember by friend with a diesel rabbit (1980-ish) going to Tijuana once a week to fill up for 19 cents/ gallon. :light:

where are you getting 11.5 to 1 exchange rate?

Same Car Same Route No Winds 10 Tanks Vs. Ten Tanks

DavidE - 10-18-2013 at 11:58 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Chevron, Shell, or Union 76 gasoline

26.2 mpg

Valero, or Arco gasahol 10%

22.8 mpg

With the at-no-extra-cost-bonus of stalling, rough idle, and hesitation.

When they start adding gasoline to corn whiskey is when I'll accept adding ethyl alcohol to gasoline.

Want proof? Attend a circle track race, powered by gasoline. Then try one where the cars run on alcohol. Bring a hankie.

Bajahowodd - 10-20-2013 at 04:02 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You must be a racist and anti Latino? :yes::lol:

Nope. Just anti-nut jobs.

rts551 - 10-20-2013 at 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
Quote:
Quote:

Chevron, Shell, or Union 76 gasoline

26.2 mpg

Valero, or Arco gasahol 10%

22.8 mpg

With the at-no-extra-cost-bonus of stalling, rough idle, and hesitation.

When they start adding gasoline to corn whiskey is when I'll accept adding ethyl alcohol to gasoline.

Want proof? Attend a circle track race, powered by gasoline. Then try one where the cars run on alcohol. Bring a hankie.

No proof David. Bring proof. My truck records MPG. and I have not experience that kind of difference if any.... Someone pls show proof. not some alcohol fueled response.!!

tripledigitken - 10-20-2013 at 06:30 PM

With the questionable gty's dispenced in Baja and US fuel throughout Baja any analysis on fuel economy is suspect. IMO

Jeeez !! Lets get a grip

captkw - 10-20-2013 at 08:53 PM

ethanol gas is killing motors fuel systems and the place I buy my dogs sunglasses is a STHIL dealership (chainsaws/weedwackers) and he states that every thing that comes in has ethanol related issues.... I have tech notes (TSB) from mercury marine from last year that's says gas in calif can be subject to issues in 15 days !! Yes,,thats right..bottom line you will get less mileage with ethanol gas..FACT !! in my area its 10 percent ehtanol and in s ca. I think more..anyone that wants to argue with that Really needs to do some research...also anything that sits for any period of time will get "Phase separation" along with lower octane...It is such a problem that they cannot sell at airports...this are the known issues with ethanol in gas..not up for debate or argument !! if anyone replys with a debate, I will not lower myself to respond to your lack of wisdom,schooling,expierence dealing with fuels and related issues...anyone that thinks (LOL) for a second that ethanol in gas is a good,, must have a farm in the Midwest..its really that simple,folks......K&T:cool::

[Edited on 10-21-2013 by captkw]

[Edited on 10-21-2013 by captkw]

David K - 10-21-2013 at 08:43 AM

Quote:
ethanol gas is killing motors fuel systems and the place I buy my dogs sunglasses is a STHIL dealership (chainsaws/weedwackers) and he states that every thing that comes in has ethanol related issues.... I have tech notes (TSB) from mercury marine from last year that's says gas in calif can be subject to issues in 15 days !! Yes,,thats right..bottom line you will get less mileage with ethanol gas..FACT !! in my area its 10 percent ehtanol and in s ca. I think more..anyone that wants to argue with that Really needs to do some research...also anything that sits for any period of time will get "Phase separation" along with lower octane...It is such a problem that they cannot sell at airports...this are the known issues with ethanol in gas..not up for debate or argument !! if anyone replys with a debate, I will not lower myself to respond to your lack of wisdom,schooling,expierence dealing with fuels and related issues...anyone that thinks (LOL) for a second that ethanol in gas is a good,, must have a farm in the Midwest..its really that simple,folks......K&T:cool::

Right on the money... and Dah-veed is too. Gasoline has more energy than ethanol... mixing ethanol with gasoline makes a lower energy/ lower mileage fuel.

PEMEX?: I can fill up in El Rosario with a full load truck, drive fast where safe, idle in a border line for 90 minutes and still record a higher MPG than my normal daily driving on California diluted gasoline.

Costco and ARCO tempts us with the lowest price per gallon, but my mileage is less with their product... I will see if Chevron or Shell really is any better. I know 76 has the 10% ethanol stickers on their pumps, however.

bufeo - 10-21-2013 at 10:19 AM

Both of our vehicles run on low-octane/ethanol-gasoline. My '04 Dodge Dakota (4X4 Quad-cab) has 102K miles and runs beautifully on 85 octane, gets 17 mpg on daily use and 20+ on long-distance trips. My wife's '11 MINI gets 34 mpg on 87 octane daily and nearly 40mpg on long-distance.

We've been using fuels with ethanol for years and have experienced no problems. A neighbor has a '93 Chevy pickup with a 350 V8 with over 260K miles on it. He's never had the head off. The engine has not been touched.

I read all the negative stuff about how bad the ethanol-type fuels are, but I sure haven't experienced any of these symptoms. Would I get better MPG with fuels that have no ethanol? Maybe, but if you look at those numbers above you'll see that both of our vehicles exceed the "average mpg" for both makes/models.

My ride-on lawn mower (We have nearly 3 acres of grass to mow.) is seven years old...no problems. Same holds true for my six-year-old grass/weed trimmer.

Research? Facts? my empirical data satisfies me.

On another note, my Dakota's performance beats the hell out of the Toy Taco we had.

Allen R

Barry A. - 10-21-2013 at 10:34 AM

More anecdotal evidence---------my 2 cents worth:

1994 Ford F-250 4x4 with the big 460 V8, stick-shift--- with 1000 lb Callen camper------:

In Wyoming, I consistantly get average of 13.1 mpg on the highway
In California, I consistantly get average of 10.2 mpg on the highway

I report---you decide. (-:

Barry

rts551 - 10-21-2013 at 10:40 AM

"E10 (also called “gasohol”) is a blend of 10% ethanol and 90% gasoline sold in many parts of the country. All auto manufacturers approve the use of blends of 10% ethanol or less in their gasoline vehicles. However, vehicles will typically go 3–4% fewer miles per gallon on E10 than on straight gasoline."

Knoll, Keith, Brian West, Wendy Clark, Ronald Graves, John Orban, Steve Przesmitzki, and Timothy Theiss. 2009. Effects of Intermediate Ethanol Blends on Legacy Vehicles and Small Non-Road Engines, Report 1 – UpdatedAdobe Acrobat Icon. NREL/TP-540-43543. National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden, Colorado, p. 3-3

durrelllrobert - 10-21-2013 at 10:43 AM

But if you don't use the mandated ethanol "ENHANCED" fuel you aren't supporting Obama's alternative energy plan and you aren't supporting the Midwest corn growers that have driven up the supermarket prices. :fire:

DavidE - 10-21-2013 at 12:15 PM

RTS 551,

I don't drink or use drugs. I also am a documented engineer. Your nekulterny response to my comments pretty much speak for itself. And it does not speak kindly. Proof? You did not even bother to check out Mitsubishi engine forums to see what others have to say about this engine. You stand discredited and irrelevant.

motoged - 10-21-2013 at 01:09 PM

"Nekulturny": What a great word !!! Thanks for that. :light:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nekulturny

willardguy - 10-21-2013 at 04:19 PM

is a "documented engineer" similar to a "certified nutbag"? either way, why don't you give it a rest Eidell!:light:

rts551 - 10-21-2013 at 05:15 PM

Quote:
RTS 551,

I don't drink or use drugs. I also am a documented engineer. Your halterneck response to my comments pretty much speak for itself. And it does not speak kindly. Proof? You did not even bother to check out Mitsubishi engine forums to see what others have to say about this engine. You stand discredited and irrelevant.

Documented??? Whats that.\? certified maybe, and not an engineer. I only asked for proof. Why did you get so upset? You did not bother to see that I posted the results of a study. Not some Nelken????ty I know every thing.

DavidE - 10-22-2013 at 11:08 AM

Oooooooo through out a little bait and guess who comes to dinner...?

I post a claim of personal experience and it, my personal experience gets challenged. Williboy, RTS551 go online and check accounts of EXPERTS that use alcohol fuel - the Brazilians. It helps when doing technical research if you are familiar with mathematics.

willardguy - 10-22-2013 at 11:39 AM

Quote:

I post a claim of personal experience and it, my personal experience gets challenged. Williboy, RTS551 go online and check accounts of EXPERTS that use alcohol fuel - the Brazilians. It helps when doing technical research if you are familiar with mathematics.
a claim of personal experience. you have one for every single topic that pops up dontcha eidell? each embellishment grows more preposterous than the last whopper. seriously, give it a rest, go check the electric meter, start another batch of pickles, anything.....

David K - 10-22-2013 at 11:51 AM

Seriously, this is a discussion forum... that someone here doesn't agree with someone else, doesn't make him wrong or should be silenced.

It doesn't take a PhD to know that if you dilute a high output fuel with a lesser output fuel, even 10%, your performance or efficiency will go down.

Because it doesn't jive with the nonsense repeated by the 'one political side' doesn't make it less true. Heck, those clowns can't even make a web site work after 3 years and 1/2 BILLION of our dollars! :lol::lol::wow:

rts551 - 10-22-2013 at 12:06 PM

Quote:
Seriously, this is a discussion forum... that someone here doesn't agree with someone else, doesn't make him wrong or should be silenced.

It doesn't take a PhD to know that if you dilute a high output fuel with a lesser output fuel, even 10%, your performance or efficiency will go down.

Because it doesn't jive with the nonsense repeated by the 'one political side' doesn't make it less true. Heck, those clowns can't even make a web site work after 3 years and 1/2 BILLION of our dollars! :lol::lol::wow:

Some people were quoting way more reduction mileage than most tests show. So Just asking for the facts.

ANd I agree. Apple/Ford/GM/Chrysler and Toyota or any other company should shut down if their product has problems (how many recalls have these companies had?)

David K - 10-22-2013 at 12:20 PM

If they can't make a web site HOW are they going to control our health care service??? Wow.

rts551 - 10-22-2013 at 12:24 PM

The same way Toyota makes trucks. And "they" don't make websites. They contract with private enterprise to do that. If private enterprise can't make a website ...

NAW! I'd Rather Stay Here And Torture You

DavidE - 10-22-2013 at 04:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:

a claim of personal experience. you have one for every single topic that pops up dontcha eidell? each embellishment grows more preposterous than the last whopper. seriously, give it a rest, go check the electric meter, start another batch of pickles, anything.....

It costs nothing and I get to sift for the good stuff...seriously if you absolutely find it impossible to avert your eyes, maybe you can start your own web site. I promise I won't post there. And I am getting bored of responding to tripe remarks.

Bajahowodd - 10-22-2013 at 05:01 PM

A couple of comments.

First, all of the hoopla about the shortcomings of the ACA website make me think two thoughts. First, as designed, the ACA must have a huge number of young, healthy folks to sign up. So, was there a mole involved in the web site design? Just to make it fail? Second, There are a whole lotta folks who have benefited already, given the pre-existing issue, and the young folks being able to stay on their parent' policies until 26. Fact is that the health provider industry supported this legislation, simply because if it did work, the insurance companies and big pharma would make buckets of money. It was the only alternative to single payer that had a chance of passing, despite the fact that much of the industrialized world has single payer.

Next, as far as ethanol is concerned, The United States is now, or just to become, the number one provider of crude oil in the world, owing to the shale thingy. Aside from the environmental concerns about fracking, it would seem to me that if you guys have problems with ethanol, you need to make your voices heard in congress, inasmuch as the whole idea of ethanol was to cut our reliance on foreign oil.

Oh, but the problem is that the petroleum companies are multi-national and would prefer to offer their new found bounty to the highest bidder, which usually is not the USA. Not to mention that the annual farm bill in congress seeks to maximize the profits for corporate farmers and thereby drives up the cost of corn affecting the cost of meat and poultry. So, your increased cost for chicken and beef becomes a subsidy for those who wish to profit internationally.

durrelllrobert - 10-22-2013 at 06:33 PM

Quote:
... you hire another, not put a defective product on the market without even testing it!!!

If a private enterprise company did what this administration is doing to consumers, they would be drawn and quartered by the media and consumer protection agencies, liberal groups. Imagine collecting all your personal and financial data BEFORE telling you what you can get... only to have it crash or put you on hold for 42 hours (as it was doing yesterday).

If corporations operated the way this administration does every CEO would be in prison.

LOL<<LOL

captkw - 10-22-2013 at 06:57 PM

Now, that's funny bob !! but its missing three right off the top in my book,,....bush,chainy and rumsfield....:bounce:
 Pages:  1