BajaNomad

Visa for passenger

dpf33a - 10-20-2013 at 07:44 PM

I flew into mmtj ,Tijuana.My passenger was charged for visa of 28 $ just visiting few hours.Is it supposed to be free zone hence no visa?Pilot do not pay.Only passenger did.
I told the immigration man that it will further discourage tourism but he did not seem to be concerned.
Paperwork took a long time.No more for me.Ensenada seemed to be much more friendly.

dasubergeek - 10-20-2013 at 10:14 PM

Sounds like your passenger was made to buy an FMM. Paperwork shouldn't have taken that long, even at the border it doesn't take more than half an hour. And no, the immigration people don't give a crap whether some pilot tells them tourism will suffer.

Next time have the passenger have some kind of proof (preferably in Spanish) that they're not planning to stay longer than 72 hours and not planning to leave the free zone.

bajaguy - 10-20-2013 at 10:24 PM

Why would you fly into Tijuana anyway???

Quote:
Originally posted by dpf33a
I flew into mmtj ,Tijuana.My passenger was charged for visa of 28 $ just visiting few hours.Is it supposed to be free zone hence no visa?Pilot do not pay.Only passenger did.
I told the immigration man that it will further discourage tourism but he did not seem to be concerned.
Paperwork took a long time.No more for me.Ensenada seemed to be much more friendly.

dpf33a - 10-21-2013 at 03:46 PM

We only stayed for few hours,for lunch.We will not be back.
Paper were too long because immigration and custom guys were at the main terminal as it was very slow day.
We never get charged in Ensenada.

DENNIS - 10-21-2013 at 03:54 PM

Seems that air travelers are subject to different rules than roadies.
Don't take it personal. It's an evolving world here.

David K - 10-21-2013 at 05:20 PM

^^^ This... travel into Mexico by air is a different deal than walking or driving across. Coming in by sea is also a different deal...