BajaNomad

Mexicali Street Work

TMW - 11-20-2004 at 08:36 AM

Thursday morning the 18th it took me 1 1/2 hours to get thru Mexicali at 7:30am. They are doing work on Calzada Lopez Mateos. It was a zoo with people trying to get to work. Traffic jams at every intersection that crossed it.

bajalou - 11-20-2004 at 08:57 AM

I have found it best to avoid that area on trips thru town - I generally go to the new border gate as it's faster - longer but faster. Came in thru the old one and took the river road?? to Lazero Card##as and had no trouble with the intersection under construction.

:biggrin:

tunaeater - 12-2-2004 at 01:00 PM

Tom the river road to lazero Card##as was the one I wanted to tell you about. It's a great way to not have to go through all the traffic in Mexicali. It brings you out right by Walmart and sams..Saves time and headaches especialy when there is constuction going on..Paul

TMW - 12-4-2004 at 10:47 AM

Thanks I'll use the river road next time.

River Road

bajalou - 12-4-2004 at 11:56 AM

To get on the "River Road" in Mexicali, take the right hand group of gates. Turn right at the bottom of the hill then left onto the "River Road"
If you have to go thru the left set of gates, take the regular southbound road, turn right at the first corner and right again where the road "T"s - then left onto the divided "River Road"

Make a left at the end and you're on Lazero Card##as and headed for Walmart