BajaNomad

Bahia De Los Muertos Dead?

Ranger Rich - 11-21-2004 at 12:08 PM

I have been hearing a few things about Bahia de Los Muertos. Some really good (coral and colorful fish) and some really bad things (Giggling Marlin, major development). One of the last things I saw indicated that it is pretty much closed off to the common folk and reserved for the, shall we say, more "well to do".

Has anyone been there recently? I am planning to be near there in Dec. but if it is being turned into another Gringo developer joke I will pass it up.

[Edited on 11-21-2004 by Ranger Rich]

I'd plan on something besides there then.

jrbaja - 11-21-2004 at 12:14 PM

It's done as far as a nice place to go in Baja goes. And they aren't very friendly around there either.

Anonymous - 11-21-2004 at 01:01 PM

The area is being developed. I have seen the plans and know several people who have purchased lots.

Muertos

Jack Swords - 11-21-2004 at 05:57 PM

Just to put it in perspective, it is now called "Bay of Dreams". Signage has been changed, the road paved, and a guarded gate to the development. You can still drive to the bay and walk the beach, have dinner at the Giggling Marlin there, talk to the fishermen. There are many other diving places with colorful fish etc. in the Sea of Cortez. You can still walk out past the restaurant to the rocky point and dive if you wish. Again, there are better places to enjoy the water.